• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That totally sounds plausible due to the fact that Ultimate’s roster wasn’t pretty much decided around 2015 when it was being developed and that those are characters from games after 2015, so it could be likely to have those characters as DLC.
The only one I'd consider a stretch is a Dragalia Lost character. Could get a Granblue rep like whats his face said instead

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Hating Minecraft Steve being in Smash is as ridiculous as thinking Minecraft Steve is going to be in Smash.

Mother-lover wasn't even on a Nintendo console until after Smash Ulti started development.
You're gonna look really silly when the final Direct comes around.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hating Minecraft Steve being in Smash is as ridiculous as thinking Minecraft Steve is going to be in Smash.

Mother-lover wasn't even on a Nintendo console until after Smash Ulti started development.
You do believe in Verge right? Can I ask why you think Minecraft would get representation, but not in the form of a character?
Unless I'm stupid and you don't believe Verge.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Actually, he was.

He guest starred in Retro City Rampage, which released back on the Wii in 2013 and 3DS in 2014.

D

Deleted member

I'll never get this fanbase, like, seriously, this is the same place who went on and on about how Isabelle, aka the mascot of AC, made no sense for this and that but is perfectly fine with the meth-addicted obese crocodile who was thought to be dead for 10 years. The fact Geno is a less controversial pick than a character that comes from a game more popular and successful than 90% of the entire roster is telling.
Maybe this speculation period will serve to teach you all a few things that took me until Cloud to realize and learn.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Though the guy is supposedly speculating, that lineup of newcomers sounds about right. I’m still iffy on whether Steve is in the game as well, think if not him Elma, Isaac or Skull Kid will appear instead. Geno being this round’s Mewtwo would be a bit of an odd choice (wouldn’t a more well-known character like Skull Kid fit in to promote Online?) but still one I wouldn’t be surprised by.

And the DLC will very likely be characters, stages and music from newer stuff. Could be seen as a retrospective as sorts seeing as Switch will have been out for two years soon (good lord).

D

Deleted member

Pokémon IS known to have the Monopoly "Free from jail" card when it comes to rules tbh
Minecraft fits the same timing Incineroar does, though. Plus, if Pokemon can get in that way because of its weight, Minecraft being just as huge a deal could get in easily.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

He kinda was, though?

Minecraft Wii U came out two days after the Final Video presentation. If anything, he would have been VERY fresh on Nintendo's mind at the time. I doubt everything was finalized MOMENTS after the video presentation.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No series has ever gotten into Smash by virtue of appearing on a Nintendo console once.

The number of PAC-MAN, Mega Man, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy games across Nintendo's history is staggering and span decades. Even Sonic and Metal Gear had multi-game histories, with Mario vs. Sonic being a cultural phenomenon central to the identity of both companies in the 90s.

Shulk and Bayonetta are de facto first party characters.

We just gonna ignore Minecraft Wii U, huh?
This released in December 2015. It was literally what I was referring to.

Sakurai has spoken positively of Minecraft. He's also spoken positively about the majority of major successful games.

Expecting Minecraft "Steve" is as rational as expecting the default character from Fortnight, or Helmet-guy from PUBG, or random chick from Granblue. None of these series have anything to do with Nintendo, particularly as it relates to the time window of Smash's development.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Can't believe people actually want Steve, then again some people want Waddle Dee so I guess that makes sense.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
No series has ever gotten into Smash by virtue of appearing on a Nintendo console once.

The number of PAC-MAN, Mega Man, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy games across Nintendo's history is staggering and span decades. Even Sonic and Metal Gear had multi-game histories, with Mario vs. Sonic being a cultural phenomenon central to the identity of both companies in the 90s.

Sakurai has spoken positively of Minecraft. He's also spoken positively about the majority of major successful games.

Expecting Minecraft "Steve" is as rational as expecting the default character from Fortnight, or Helmet-guy from PUBG, or random chick from Granblue. None of these series have anything to do with Nintendo, particularly as it relates to the time window of Smash's development.
But Minecraft has appeared on Nintendo consoles more than once.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I wanna turn our 'last characters' idea on its head for a second.

So if Zach's guesses come to pass, we will see Incineroar, Ken, Shadow, Steve? and Geno as DLC.

I am curious, has the thought occurred that we could see this scenario as well? Incineroar, Ken, Shadow, Geno and Steve? as DLC?

Hell, another scenario. Incineroar, Ken, Shadow with Steve? and Geno as DLC.

Just trying to put some possibilities out there.

EDIT: How about another! Shadow, Ken, Incineroar with Steve? as Day One Patch and Geno as DLC.

Now swap! Shadow, Incineroar, Ken with Geno as Day One Patch and Steve? as DLC.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He kinda was, though?

Minecraft Wii U came out two days after the Final Video presentation. If anything, he would have been VERY fresh on Nintendo's mind at the time. I doubt everything was finalized MOMENTS after the video presentation.
We also got Minecraft Story Mode on the Wii U two months earlier.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I guess, But Minecraft is different... It is so huge... It's the second best selling game of all time with 144 Million copies sold... That is not something to ignore..
The only one I'd consider a stretch is a Dragalia Lost character. Could get a Granblue rep like whats his face said instead
Man, I would love Katalina in Smash...

D

Deleted member

Not to be rude, but this seems like trying to push fan rules, which have never really ever been a thing and are constantly broken.

I'm not offended if you don't think he's in, and I'm not saying he is. Heck, it's a longshot IMO, but I don't think any of that is evidence against him either.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Can't believe people actually want Steve, then again some people want Waddle Dee so I guess that makes sense.
I don't think alot of people here want steve PER SE, it's just a character who makes sense based on "leaks" and speculation. I know i think theres far better choices for any niche that Steve would fill but i've made my peace and honestly would probably main him for a bit if he is in.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Minecraft has a special N2DS. What other third party series have a special edition system? Monster Hunter and Persona are the only ones I can think of

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Bayonettaisn'tfirstpartythoughshe'sstillaSEGApropertybutok...

Minecraft appeared on Nintendo hardware exactly zero times before planning started for Ultimate.
Funny how you seem to know the EXACT DAY Ultimate's development started.

We know things were FINALIZED during December, yes, so obviously it was before Minecraft U, but it's not like Minecraft came out overnight. They would have known about it likely months in advance.

Last edited:

Electrick_EEL

Smash Cadet
wz
Some interesting things have been shared in the mimique discord regarding ZachTheNCube, apparently he "guessed" these things before:

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Just recently, Zach posted these tweets:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I am keeping a close eye on him.
This looks pretty accurate. If Geno ends up DLC, then maybe Celica is also DLC?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I will say though, it's kinda telling how the only argument people seem to use in favor of Steve is that Minecraft's a huge game that sold 144 million copies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Funny you say that because I want both Steve and Waddle Dee. Sure it may seem strange to some, but both have great moveset potential.
I may not want characters like Skull Kid or Isaac, but I know that they have a pretty big fanbase with some good moveset potential.
I honestly can't believe people don't want Steve in.
Banjo can wait for DLC... Steve is a much bigger priority

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
How many times did Snake appear on Nintendo systems before Brawl? Twin Snakes, Ghost Babel and two NES games Kojima has disowned?
Bayonettaisn'tfirstpartythoughshe'sstillaSEGApropertybutok...
She's pretty much first party at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo just bought the IP from Sega sooner or later

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'll never get this fanbase, like, seriously, this is the same place who went on and on about how Isabelle, aka the mascot of AC, made no sense for this and that but is perfectly fine with the meth-addicted obese crocodile who was thought to be dead for 10 years. The fact Geno is a less controversial pick than a character that comes from a game more popular and successful than 90% of the entire roster is telling.
Maybe this speculation period will serve to teach you all a few things that took me until Cloud to realize and learn.
Are you seriously talking **** about K. Rool?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I will say though, it's kinda telling how the only argument people seem to use in favor of Steve is that Minecraft's a huge game that sold 144 million copies.
Well, interesting how you're ignoring that...

-it indeed has Nintendo relevance due to it's numerous releases on Nintendo consoles and the Creeper 3DS in Japan
-The moveset potential is astounding and Sakurai is known to value this
-Will mark perhaps the biggest third party collaboration so far as it's Nintendo with MICROSOFT

I don't really see why you need more points than these combined with it selling over 144 million copies to explain why Steve should have a shot at Smash.

D

Deleted member

Minecraft appeared on Nintendo hardware exactly zero times before planning started for Ultimate.
History has proven time and time again that not every character is planned from the beginning. Brawl was delayed for Sonic's inclusion (I think? That's what I've read anyway) and Ganondorf was added last minute.

There's also nothing saying he isn't among our first DLC, either.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Whoa there, sounds like you're arguing about Nintendo appearance on console. If Steve was decided to be newcomer during said development of Ultimate, they could use more stuffs to create model for Steve. You know, Sakurai even admitted that minecraft was great, and that's why we have minecraft on nintendo console. Said character was also mentioned by Vergaben along with implied minecraft content. Since then, that's why Steve on our radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom