• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I remember people posting codes on here and me always being too slow so I had to wait. There were even posts with people posting multiple fake ones in the same post along with a single correct one between them all.

It also disappointed me because I read that the one sent through codes had Pac-Man :(
I ended up getting one so...
The ones who were just a little too late got a "Maybe you'll get your chance another day." message
Honestly if I had to guess it'll be locked behind Nintendo Switch Online.
Great, now you jinxed it

Shroob

Sup?
True but still doesn’t necessary mean we are not getting 5 more

I mean 3 or 4 more is plausible
3 more gives us 72 fighters for Smashdown theory, which would be the Vergeben 3.

I don't even believe in Smashdown because that theory gets destroyed as soon as the first DLC character drops.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. Geno has been waiting for a very long time and has had support for much longer, including from Sakurai himself. And given that he probably did exceptionally well on the ballot, as well as Ultimate's goal of catering to core fans, he seems very likely, and so I'm confident in his inclusion. Not gonna be too upset if he's not in though; I already have Isabelle!
This. First off, these were the poll results for character requests... for Melee. That was 18 YEARS AGO. That's 18 YEARS of people poking Sakurai with a proverbial stick to get Geno in Smash. Some of you here haven't even been alive that long. Geno of been a factor in the Smash Fanbase for like 95% of the franchise's existence. Me personally, I've been supporting Geno online since 2005 and mailed my first letter to Nintendo about him in 2002. Now that Ridley and K. Rool are in, there's no other characters with that degree of longevity aside from Isaac who was created in 2001 and arguably Skull Kid in 2000. It's kinda nuts when you step back and look at it. Yes, Geno only had a major role in one game 22 years but the tenacity of his fanbase and SMRPG as a whole is legendary. I'm biased as all hell but I definitely think that speaks for something and why, with the 20th anniversary of Smash on the horizon, the stars may finally align.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
3 more gives us 72 fighters for Smashdown theory, which would be the Vergeben 3.

I don't even believe in Smashdown because that theory gets destroyed as soon as the first DLC character drops.
Just throw in 11 dlc then 84 is the next number

The true secret of the theory it’s all the number divisible by 12 that’s it

But really I didn’t realize it till later

I still think 5 is the magic number

Vergebens 3 and shadow and skull kid (missing in action especially shadow since knuckles might be taking his place)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Vergebens 3 and shadow and skull kid (missing in action especially shadow since knuckles might be taking his place)
That would require someone to buy ALL the DLC though

Untouch

Smash Master
This. First off, these were the poll results for character requests... for Melee. That was 18 YEARS AGO. That's 18 YEARS of people poking Sakurai with a proverbial stick to get Geno in Smash. Some of you here haven't even been alive that long. Geno of been a factor in the Smash Fanbase for like 95% of the franchise's existence. Me personally, I've been supporting Geno online since 2005 and mailed my first letter to Nintendo about him in 2002. Now that Ridley and K. Rool are in, there's no other characters with that degree of longevity aside from Isaac who was created in 2001 and arguably Skull Kid in 2000. It's kinda nuts when you step back and look at it. Yes, Geno only had a major role in one game 22 years but the tenacity of his fanbase and SMRPG as a whole is legendary. I'm biased as all hell but I definitely think that speaks for something and why, with the 20th anniversary of Smash on the horizon, the stars may finally align.
Gooey #2 for Kirby is interesting.
Star Allies really expanded his moveset so he'd be an interesting choice.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god are we really at that point already?

I still remember the announcement from March vividly.
It really is unreal how close it is. It's such a stark contrast from Wii U and 3DS, lol. It still feels like yesterday I was losing my mind over the Inklings, lol.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Lowkey though, this month is going to ****ing suck if we don't get a Direct.

Next week is the final 60 day countdown, and we'll still be getting blogs from 8.8's Direct.
I got a feeling well get one but it wont be a Smash Direct, best we can hope for is a Pokemon Direct that happens to reveal Incineroar (and also the gen 8 games) or another Vanilla Direct.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Smashdown theory is bunk whether there are a divisible number of characters or not. If up to eight players play it, then that means there's a bunch of configurations that aren't going to slice evenly no matter the end amount. And what if it's drop in drop out?

D

Deleted member

5 people asking for Geno doesn't really amount to much of a stick, really. And thats not a exaggeration; there were only 5 votes for him in that poll you dropped. A generic Chocobo had almost double his votes with 9. James Bond (007) had 7x his vote!

Shroob

Sup?
I got a feeling well get one but it wont be a Smash Direct, best we can hope for is a Pokemon Direct that happens to reveal Incineroar (and also the gen 8 games) or another Vanilla Direct.
They don't reveal Smash newcomers outside of General Directs or Smash Directs.

A Pokemon Direct doesn't mean Incineroar will get revealed, just like how in Smash 4 days how a Zelda direct or a Pokemon Direct meant nothing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why would they show a smash reveal in a pokemon direct? That makes no sense lol

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
Exactly, why would they show a minecraft rep in a non nintendo event or direct? has a character ever been revealed outside of a nintendo related event?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
5 people asking for Geno doesn't really amount to much of a stick, really. And thats not a exaggeration; there were only 5 votes for him in that poll you dropped. A generic Chocobo had almost double his votes with 9. James Bond (007) had 7x his vote!
You're missing the forest for the trees here. The point is that there is evidence that people have been asking for Geno for almost the entirety of the Smash series. Can't recall the last time James Bond or a Chocobo had tangible followings in the Smash fanbase, can you? Plus, Wolf, Pit, Ice Climbers, Megaman, and Sonic all had equal or less if you really want to plant your feet into that argument.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Isn't there also supposed to be a November Direct?
If we don't get anything in October, I could see the next reveal being in that, then everything is switched over to an actual Smash direct shortly after.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Smashdown theory is bunk whether there are a divisible number of characters or not. If up to eight players play it, then that means there's a bunch of configurations that aren't going to slice evenly no matter the end amount. And what if it's drop in drop out?
Alternatively, 840 characters + Mii confirmed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Exactly, why would they show a minecraft rep in a non nintendo event or direct? has a character ever been revealed outside of a nintendo related event?
Only Robin and Lucina but they were just randomly shown one day outside of a direct.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Unless you release DLC in a way that keeps the total number of fighters (excluding Miis) divisible by 12 at any given time, there is no way you're going to have an equal number of fighters for every player in Smashdown.

Plus, we don't know exactly how many players can play Smashdown; we know that at least 4 players is possible, but considering 8 player smash has been pretty much combined under the normal Smash menu, there's a possibility that Smashdown could have 5-8 players.

If this is the case, you won't get a number that's divisible by 1 through 8 until you get to 840 (which seems a little big for the roster).

So yeah, unless they:
1) have a roster divisible by 12 (in the case of a 4 player max) at ANY given time during the game's life cycle
OR
2) put in a 840 character roster (in the case of an 8 player max)

This theory makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm not saying that 5 more characters is a bad estimate (frankly it's a pretty good one), but the justification for said argument is VERY weak, virtually nonexistent.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I agree that it's unprecedented and very unlikely. I flat out do not think it will happen.

But it's the only plausible case I could think of where there could be any Smash presentation content outside of the one (1) Smash Direct left. (Which, logically, I don't think Smash content outside the Direct will happen.)

Again, the average time between major (all-region) General + Smash Directs is historically 75 days. The median is 60 days. Given that release week is in only 65 days yet we just had a Direct less than 2 weeks ago... We know we're getting a Direct for the remaining modes + online features + last 2 characters, but even that one Direct as late as early-November will be ahead of schedule by itself.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
enough already guys i just said i didn"t realize till later in that post thats being comment it

i mean im really looking at this for the final roster

Ultimate Roster Prediction.png

for now anyway.

oh by the way it just hit me on something about skull kid

on of the atributes of skull kid is reversing direction of players and the rambling evil mushroom did that so might be taking skull kids place as well as the moon perhaps?

and this is excluding dlc

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Isn't there also supposed to be a November Direct?
If we don't get anything in October, I could see the next reveal being in that, then everything is switched over to an actual Smash direct shortly after.
No?

Maybe they'll hold a Pokemon Direct, but Nintendo Directs are more or less quarterly nowadays, meaning we shouldn't get another one realistically until December/January.

D

Deleted member

You're missing the forest for the trees here. The point is that there is evidence that people have been asking for Geno for almost the entirety of the Smash series. Can't recall the last time James Bond or a Chocobo had tangible followings in the Smash fanbase, can you? Plus, Wolf, Pit, Ice Climbers, Megaman, and Sonic all had equal or less if you really want to plant your feet into that argument.
True, but it does seem odd that a character with less votes, Ice Climbers, managed to get in before him. I wonder if Sakurai just played SMRPG more recently if he likes it like he says? Otherwise I would have thought Geno would have made it in before the climbers.

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Can anyone tell me why GameXplain made an entire video on this theory? I thought the blog theory was condemned as some sort of "joke" like the music and box theories.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Can anyone tell me why GameXplain made an entire video on this theory? I thought the blog theory was condemned as some sort of "joke" like the music and box theories.
According to what I've read, the people who made the theory reached out to Gamexplain themselves.

Looking at the subreddit post which is talking about the theory, the Discord that made this theory is more or less white knighting it to hell and back, meaning that no one really can talk it down without the downvote brigade happening.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I’d be more than ok with this
I love Zelda, it's my favorite Nintendo series. (as you can prolly tell by looking at my mains) I've played or beaten every mainline Zelda game outside of Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. But even I think characters like Banjo & Kazooie or Isaac should take precedence over Skull Kid. I still want Skull Kid to have some representation though. Perhaps a boss in Spirits Mode if that's going to be a thing~

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Gamexplain will make entire videos on anything.

Small detail in a trailer that means nothing? 10 minute analysis.
Possibility of a Nintendo Direct? 3 minute news video and 30 minute discussion.
2 minute teaser trailer? 2 hour analysis.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I'm pretty confident there's a good chance we'll be seeing Sora as DLC for sure. He works better that way anyways since the deal between Nintendo and Microsoft would work better that way in a split deal with money.
Sora
>Microsoft
Ummmm...... KeK?

Disney where? Square-Enix where???

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
True, but it does seem odd that a character with less votes, Ice Climbers, managed to get in before him. I wonder if Sakurai just played SMRPG more recently if he likes it like he says? Otherwise I would have thought Geno would have made it in before the climbers.
Geno's owned by Square Enix and third party characters wouldn't happen for another 6 years. Again, if you really want to dig your feet into this argument, Ice Climbers were chosen before Sonic, Megaman, Wario, Dedede, Metaknight, Diddy, etc. Plus, Sakurai is on the record for acknowledging that 1. Geno's had a notable fanbase for a long time and 2. that he put serious consideration for him as far back as Brawl: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ans-one-most-requested-smash-bros-characters/

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

While I'm just as perplexed why they made a 30 minute video on it, it's not a joke theory--it had some simple and sound assumptions. However, the recent news, Sakurai addressed those assumptions, saying not to expect a steady amount of information (as one would suspect), that's essentially official confirmation that those assumptions, however reasonable, were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom