• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Food for thought but what if he goes to Microsoft and gets a split deal. We get Banjo-Kazooie as a character and then a stage, assist trophy (Steve or Creeper) and maybe even an item (Pickaxe) from Minecraft. That'd be decent deal there.
Getting the rights to borrow Minecraft now is probably worth more than Banjo-Kazooie. I'm 99% sure Sakurai would not waste the opportunity.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm of the opinion that we're getting a stage, not Steve.

Monster Hunter got a stage and a boss because the real star of MH is the monsters. The real star of Minecraft is the world, so it could absolutely be just a level.

I'd prefer Steve himself, TBH, because that's a full-blown Microsoft CHARACTER which is much bigger than just a stage.

Paves the way for Banjo in a big way...
Why do people keep saying Monster Hunter has a stage like it's been confirmed in any real capacity? It hasn't, as far as we know it's just a boss fight that takes place in a generic grassy area.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I wish the ballot results leaks in the internet. I'm really curious. But I think they will only reveal it like 10 years in the future and will make a book of it

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Reminder: This is not a general discussion or social thread. If you want to discuss things other than leaks, please take it to the appropriate threads. Discussing social issues is also not what this thread is for. The reason why we have threads dedicated to specific topics is to help facilitate healthy discussion. If there aren’t any leaks to discuss, then please visit other threads on the forums.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Getting the rights to borrow Minecraft now is probably worth more than Banjo-Kazooie. I'm 99% sure Sakurai would not waste the opportunity.
That actually sounds reasonable to have minecraft content in smash. If this is true, and then we can have BK as DLC character depends on if Microsoft does not oppose to proposal of having BK in Smash,

Just imagine the storm caused if the next new character was Tapu Koko.
Oh god, imagine the saltiness AND meltdown of incienroar supporters since they have confidence that their fighter can make it in due to being confirmed by Vergeben as in leaks,

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That actually sounds reasonable to have minecraft content in smash. If this is true, and then we can have BK as DLC character depends on if Microsoft does not oppose to proposal of having BK in Smash,
Well if Phil Spencer who said it two or three times and his creator are down for it. I can imagine them not opposing it.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, imagine the saltiness AND meltdown of incienroar supporters since they have confidence that their fighter can make it in due to being confirmed by Vergeben as in leaks,
I would feel bad, I feel like this is the most confirmed a character has ever been without actually being confirmed. Getting your dreams slapped away at the last second against all odds would be a heartbreaker.

That said, I've always been a Tapu Koko shill myself.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
BK? As in...

BK!
Bonkers Kong!
He's the silliest of the bunch
He does it well
He's finally back
To prank some tail...

*Sees that the others are giving him a WTF look from the lyrics* Yeah, I see the door to my left.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Well reading other sources, the leaks right now are getting very interested. That post alone shifted the whole leak thing, leaving us with a mixed bag of feels.

Basically the only confirmation at this point is Ken.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
>Blog puts up a Pokemon song before Incineroar

Ah, yes. Good to know nothing means anything anymore. We have no real rules guiding us now... except that now the possibilities have thinned EVEN FURTHER down to just box and blog, and that's really all we'll be hearing about until there's a legitimate leak or news drop. Great.

Aaaaaaaa.jpg

Shroob

Sup?
>Blog puts up a Pokemon song before Incineroar

Ah, yes. Good to know nothing means anything anymore. We have no real rules guiding us now... except that now the possibilities have thinned EVEN FURTHER down to just box and blog, and that's really all we'll be hearing about until there's a legitimate leak or news drop. Great.

View attachment 166703
You thought you could leave this hell?

You can never leave.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of wild rides, it sure has been a wild ride today, with the music theory and Vergeben and all. I don't know if we could have acted better, but it least it has calmed down now, and so it seems. Man, things were so crazy, huh?

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of wild rides, it sure has been a wild ride today, with the music theory and Vergeben and all. I don't know if we could have acted better, but it least it has calmed down now, and so it seems. Man, things were so crazy, huh?
I've always thought the music theory was stupid, personally. The fact that it's had to adjust itself twice(?) now just makes me think of it less than a theory and more of a straw grasp.

But that's just my opinion.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've always thought the music theory was stupid, personally. The fact that it's had to adjust itself twice(?) now just makes me think of it less than a theory and more of a straw grasp.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It seemed like one of those things that was just made up, but was too lacking and not well structured to be a proper theory, if you know what I mean.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163

What is the music theory, exactly?

Shroob

Sup?
What is the music theory, exactly?
Basically it's "Music tracks already on the site mean that if a newcomer hasn't been shown for it, it de-confirms a series as getting one and is not getting anymore characters."

Later it had to change when Dark Samus to add an "Except Echoes".

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

To be fair, the music theory wasn't even made AFTER the echos detached themselves from it. So it's not like it was even "adjusted". The earliest that anyone ever started talking about this was after the August direct.

I still don't know how it can be stupid? It makes sense as to why echos don't follow the rule since they aren't as prominent as newcomers. Sure, the current situation it is in right now is setting itself up to be debunked due to Incineroar or any Gen 7 pokemon for that matter. But even in the possible hindsight that it does get deconfirmed, I dunno... that sounds a little disrespectful to call it stupid? It was super strong at a point and last weeks song was even delayed for Isabelle.

When is the second time it's had to "adjust itself"?

From my perspective, until Incineroar gets announced, it wont be debunked. Credible leaker or not, you can't say he's 100% in the game until he is.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, the music theory wasn't even made AFTER the echos detached themselves from it. So it's not like it was even "adjusted". The earliest that anyone ever started talking about this was after the August direct.

I still don't know how it can be stupid? It makes sense as to why echos don't follow the rule since they aren't as prominent as newcomers. Sure, the current situation it is in right now is setting itself up to be debunked due to Incineroar or any Gen 7 pokemon for that matter. But even in the possible hindsight that it does get deconfirmed, I dunno... that sounds a little disrespectful to call it stupid? It was super strong at a point and last weeks song was even delayed for Isabelle.

When is the second time it's had to "adjust itself"?

From my perspective, until Incineroar gets announced, then it will be debunked. Credible leaker or not, you can't say he's 100% in the game.
I find it stupid because if the Box is dumb "Because they wouldn't signal how many characters are left like that!"

Then I also don't see them flat out signaling that certain series wouldn't be getting more characters as far back as June.

It just seems like another fan theory like "Oh ****! The Smash4 blog has X amount of blank spaces! That means only X amount of characters left!"

SonicMario

Smash Master
Before I go into this, I first want to say. I now really doubt the Music theory after today's update as for now I have no reason to not trust Verge on there being a Gen 7 Pokemon/Incineroar coming. But thought I'd still at least put a quick analyzation in the very hypothetical case where somehow the Music theory remains alive anyway.

If you still want to believe in the music theory then only these series can currently get a non-echo newcomer:
Punch-Out, Wario, Wii Fit, Sonic, Xenoblade, Earthbound/MOTHER, Pac-Man (If the Galaga remix doesn't count anyway), Kid Icarus, and... Mario Kart (Unless the 2nd Mario icon will be expanded to include all Mario spin-offs in which case Geno would still be alive, of course I'm not counting out the possibility Geno gets his own icon if he's in base game)

Most of these franchises don't really have highly expected newcomers. I think the only viable franchises if Music Theory is somehow still alive is Xenoblade and Sonic. In which our pool of newcomers would be Elma and/or Tails and/or Shadow (Shadow in this case if he's supported by the Music theory falling in line with what some people may believe that Gamexplain's Jon mentioned but again don't take that as an absolute certainty given that's it's been discussed that he's mentioned Banjo-Kazooie more then Shadow and it's not like he's happening that soon) and/or any new franchise characters though that would require more stages to be confirmed which we're still not sure yet about.

But as much as I would love Tails to suddenly have as high of a chance as 33.3-50% that's exactly why I can't buy the Music theory anymore, since it's just too good to be true personally. And just when the music being delayed for Isabelle was actually kind of getting me to it's side lol I just at this point can't suddenly turn my back on how credible Verge has been on this game thus far and would be weird for Gamefreak to only allow just returning Pokemon and not an opportunity to include a new Pokemon.

My absolute dream scenario after all this would be Music theory still being somewhat right + Box theory being wrong where an October Smash direct has a trailer for Tails + Shadow making an appearance in said trailer as Sonic's echo fighter in the same month in which 11 years ago we got Sonic announced for Brawl. (Heck throw in Elma too within the same direct to make Xenoblade fans happy even though I'd just be screaming more on the Sonic part then anything else) If that happens, I'll be among the happiest people on this site... actually heck, I'll feel like I'm on top of the WORLD if that happened.

But since that's the dream scenario, that's exactly why I can't believe it. It's a dream scenario for a reason, not the realistic one. I think music theory now at least doesn't mean as much for characters as some thought we did. And Incineroar is still coming regardless. They may very well just be saving a Gen 7 Pokemon remix for when Incineroar comes and the only thing this song does if you really want to try to cling to the theory is deconfirm a Gen 3 Pokemon. (So no Gardevoir or Sceptile)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I find it stupid because if the Box is dumb "Because they wouldn't signal how many characters are left like that!"

Then I also don't see them flat out signaling that certain series wouldn't be getting more characters as far back as June.

It just seems like another fan theory like "Oh ****! The Smash4 blog has X amount of blank spaces! That means only X amount of characters left!"
The "They wouldn't do that!" is a terrible counter-argument. You aren't them.

The people who take theories as 100% fact are also wrong, but that doesn't make the theory itself stupid.

These theories have never deconfirmed any characters, it just makes it harder for certain characters since they need to "break" the theory.

Theories CAN be broken. What I find stupid is when people attempt to say a theory is broken when it actually isn't yet. And idc what anyone says, the Music theory will be broken now if a Pokemon shows up. There is no further adjusting you can do to say it works anymore.

Shroob

Sup?
The "They wouldn't do that!" is a terrible counter-argument. You aren't them.

The people who take theories as 100% fact are also wrong, but that doesn't make the theory itself stupid.

These theories have never deconfirmed any characters, it just makes it harder for certain characters since they need to "break" the theory.

Theories CAN be broken. What I find stupid is when people attempt to say a theory is broken when it actually isn't yet. And idc what anyone says, the Music theory will be broken now if a Pokemon shows up. There is no further adjusting you can do to say it works anymore.
We agree on this point, good enough for me.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Some actually alright 4chan content (with some small problems in some cases) from today:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433033006/super-smash-bros-ultimate
Steve, Skull Kid, Dixie, Shadow, Geno, Maybe Mach Rider, Black Shadow, Ninten, Octolings.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433034038/minecon-has-smash-news
Minecon with assist trophy, stage and steve.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433028181/smash-ultimate-leaked-information
Geno, Incineroar, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Skull Kid, Contra Guys
Jeanne, Ken, Shadow, Medusa, Black Shadow, Black Knight
OK. Contra guys and Jeanne are probably NOT in.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433026489/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak
Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Bandanna Dee, Skull Kid, Crash, Shadow, Ken, Felix, Black Shadow, Dixie

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433025602/the-leak-to-end-all-leaks
Ken, Shadow, Dixie, Black Shadow, Geno, Incineroar, Skull Kid, Isaac, Bandanna, Steve
this one started alright, but the second post, if done by the same person, completely messes with everything.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Jesus, between people harassing “leakers” into a meltdown and the aggressive battles of the Box Crusades, this thread turns toxic on a dime. No wonder mods are so reluctant to allow these...

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I've been at work. Can you update me please.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've been at work. Can you update me please.
Basically, a Pokemon track called Battle (Steven) was released on the site today, and that lead people to see the Music Theory as wrong and Vergeben's leaks to be wrong and thus people started harassing Vergeben about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom