• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
GameFAQS has an ignore feature that Verge himself claimed he used against me multiple times (in previous threads I made that questioned him, said threads are still up, if you'd like to take a look)

ALSO, GameFAQS has a feature that can actually disable all @ mentions.

I fail to realize how the pinging caused him to crack. Especially when many other users had been pinging him nonstop ever since he first started leaking. I was not the first one.
Okay so there's a lot of things here to unpack:

1. "I did nothing wrong because they could've used an opt-in feature to ignore me"
2. If he actually ignored you then none of this wouldn't have happened. Since your actions triggered this, it's pretty safe to say you weren't ignored as of today.
3. Okay so you don't see how pinging him nonstop didn't cause the problem? Like did you actually read what you typed there?

"I badgered him but I wasn't the first one so it's not my fault. It's there fault for cracking."

Like I'm not even sure how I can explain the problems there because it should be so obvious!

He entered the leak business, and decided to do such business on GameFAQS. This is his fault, not mine. There would still be a ton of users pinging him constantly even if I was not there.
I genuinely think it's hilarious how adamantly you think the problem here is Vergeben.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
i covered this earlier, but why the exact phrasing of "that ONE thing we CAN'T talk about"
and what EXACT thing would that be?
Minecraft movie is dead with nobody on board running it.
Sony crossplay would be revealed for Fortnite first most likely.
Minecraft VR is out and Hololens has had no announcements for years.
it COULD be a Hololens release date if anything, but why phrase it like that when we already know about it to begin with.
that's why something Smash related is possibly likely, it'd be the perfect place to reveal Minecraft content in Smash..
that or it's Minecraft 2..
Yeah, and they normally announce new official resource/texture packs when they have them, and let the community and content creators for the Bedrock Edition marketplace make them along with skins and such, so it wouldn't be that.

It's either Smash or something completely new. If it was the 1.14 update, which everyone would be expecting anyway, you'd think he'd have phrased it differently, like acknowledging a new update but still having secrecy. And from what Sakurai has said about Minecraft and resource-gathering, he may see a character with a particular moveset as better representation than just a stage alone, unless he works that into the stage I suppose...

inb4 we're conspiracy theorists

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
No one's defending what he said(Though I myself am autistic and couldn't care less)

But Verg's been getting harassed for no damn reason.
Saying no damn reason is a bit wrong, there's obviously a reason behind it. He's a leaker,one who has remained very public, that's obviously going to garner a lot of attention. While some of it is wrong, he should have been prepared for it before opening his mouth.

And if it's such an issue, just disable the option, Gamefaqs has those options. There are ways to avoid stuff like this.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm of the opinion that we're getting a stage, not Steve.

Monster Hunter got a stage and a boss because the real star of MH is the monsters. The real star of Minecraft is the world, so it could absolutely be just a level.

I'd prefer Steve himself, TBH, because that's a full-blown Microsoft CHARACTER which is much bigger than just a stage.

Paves the way for Banjo in a big way...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I guess I'm operating under the assumption that a "character reveal" is a bigger deal than just a "content reveal", for whatever reason. Which is why it would be acceptable to show off just a stage there, whereas showing off a character would probably be more than Nintendo wants to do.

Basically, if they showed off a Minecraft stage at Minecon, I would assume there's no Steve.
And I would assume, if there was Steve, they PROBABLY wouldn't show off anything at Minecon. I guess it's possible that they could reveal the stage there and then Nintendo reveals Steve on their own time, but that just seems kind of weird and unlikely.

Starbound

You sound exactly like the people who defended him on GameFAQS.

And i'll tell you the exact same thing.
Questioning =/= Harassing

There's a reason that the disable mention feature exists, along with the ignore feature.
An example of questioning:

"Hey mom what's for dinner?"

An example of harassing

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
People are actually defending this.
I understand lashing out (although as a Leaker, he should have expected it. And if he didn't like it he should either A) leave or B) don't leak in the first place)

However lashing out doesn't suddenly allow or excuse using slurs like that.

>defending Verge because he was lashing out at someone

Go take look at StarLight42 StarLight42 's post AND look at Verge's recent post, this is what happens when he finally has enough of useless pings which is likely about music theory related.

We aren't defending him, and he got so angry after some person said that music theory = ded means that Verge was wrong all along.

Have he simply talk about music theory and that it was not related to his leaks, this whole pointless thing won't happen and especially his recent post which summarizes why he can't be bothered to answer some useless questions about that damn theory,

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys react to Primarina getting in over Incineroar? :p
Considering I chose Popplio over the other two, I'd be ecstatic.

Plus, Primarina would be super interesting to see as a playable fighter and brings in a unique 'sing-song' playstyle.

Shroob

Sup?
Saying no damn reason is a bit wrong, there's obviously a reason behind it. He's a leaker,one who has remained very public, that's obviously going to garner a lot of attention. While some of it is wrong, he should have been prepared for it before opening his mouth.

And if it's such an issue, just disable the option, Gamefaqs has those options. There are ways to avoid stuff like this.
Ya know why the Ninka/Rose leak was such a good leak?

Because Smashboards didn't constantly go:

*Poke* Hey, does this bug you? Gimme info.

*Poke* Hey, does this bug you? Gimme info.

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Yep. Exactly.

If you're given an ignore feature, and a mute mention feature, yet you still feel the need to resort to a highly offensive insult. Yes, you are the problem.

D

Deleted member

Reminder: if you enter a dark alleyway and get stabbed, it's completely your fault and not actually the guy who stabbed you. You coild have just chose to not enter the dark alleyway, after all, getting stabbed is the expected outcome of it.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I'm of the opinion that we're getting a stage, not Steve.

Monster Hunter got a stage and a boss because the real star of MH is the monsters. The real star of Minecraft is the world, so it could absolutely be just a level.

I'd prefer Steve himself, TBH, because that's a full-blown Microsoft CHARACTER which is much bigger than just a stage.

Paves the way for Banjo in a big way...
At the same time, one of the big appeal factors of Minecraft is all the things you can actually DO, whether that be building, mining, crafting, hunting, fighting, farming, fishing, etc. Sakurai might find Steve appealing just because of the moveset potential.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Minecraft does just get a stage and an AT, I can imagine players having to collect resources and do something with them, though not sure how'd they implement that. This is because of what Sakurai has said about what he likes about Minecraft, which sounds like it would work better with a character.

To sum it up, he likes how you have to gather resources and can even use a normal rock as a building material. He said some other stuff too but that's what I remember. He mentioned it was part of the fun how you had to go back for more resources or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I miss talking about the Box Theory already.
Heck I miss seeing people using "Gomba hat" tiers argument for Sora and ****posting for 9 pages.
Heck I miss 4chinz fake leaks....

I just miss talking about stuff related to Smash.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I don't see Sakurai going to ****ing Microsoft for a franchise they spent $2.5 million asking for a stage and an Assist Trophy.

Starbound

I miss talking about the Box Theory already.
Heck I miss seeing people using "Gomba hat" tiers argument for Sora and ****posting for 9 pages.
Heck I miss 4chinz fake leaks....

I just miss talking about stuff related to Smash.
Undoubtedly.

So if we go all "Bill Nye the Science Guy" here and talk theories, what would the roster look like if box and music theories were both true?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My issue isn't just that he said this, it's people that are making excuses for him and defending him just because he's a leader. People like him shouldn't be praised. You can appreciate information, but praising the person is just wrong.

Even the mods on Gamefaqs seem to giving him special treatment, he didn't seem to get in trouble at all. But others also using Autism similarly did.

Leakers in general annoy me, I pop in here to see what gets proven fake (anything real I'm gonna find out anyway). They ruin surprises. It's like preparing a Christmas or Birthday surprise, only to have someone tell you about it in advance. And you have people acting it's a good thing and praising them for it. And the person acts as if he should be praised.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Reminder: if you enter a dark alleyway and get stabbed, it's completely your fault and not actually the guy who stabbed you. You coild have just chose to not enter the dark alleyway, after all, getting stabbed is the expected outcome of it.
Life is unfair. Especially when you do dangerous things, such as entering a dark alleyway, or using the cesspool known as GameFAQS as your main HUB for leaking information. You're gonna encounter problems either way.

I fully accept the ban to my account, and I predicted that the thread would be taken down. But Vergeben resorting to that insult was completely out of line, and no one bringing up a "poke and prod" argument is gonna change my mind about that.

Now, I think it's best I skedaddle.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He entered the leak business, and decided to do such business on GameFAQS. This is his fault, not mine. There would still be a ton of users pinging him constantly even if I was not there.
Even though he chose to start leaking things, he did not choose to get himself harassed or picked on. He just started leaking things. So this is not his fault. It is the fault of the harassers including you. You chose to act that way to Verge. He didn't even ask for it. You did so on your own accord. So don't blame him.

Shroob

Sup?
My issue isn't just that he said this, it's people that are making excuses for him and defending him just because he's a leader. People like him shouldn't be praised. You can appreciate information, but praising the person is just wrong.

Even the mods on Gamefaqs seem to giving him special treatment, he didn't seem to get in trouble at all. But others also using Autism similarly did.

Leakers in general annoy me, I pop in here to see what gets proven fake (anything real I'm gonna find out anyway). They ruin surprises. It's like preparing a Christmas or Birthday surprise, only to have someone tell you about it in advance. And you have people acting it's a good thing and praising them for it. And the person acts as if he should be praised.
It's.....almost like this is the leak thread or something. Huh.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Even though he chose to start leaking things, he did not choose to get himself harassed or picked on. He just started leaking things. So this is not his fault. It is the fault of the harassers including you. You chose to act that way to Verge. He didn't even ask for it. You did so on your own accord. So don't blame him.
Before I go, let me once again clarify that questioning does not equal harassment. Ciao!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I guess I'm operating under the assumption that a "character reveal" is a bigger deal than just a "content reveal", for whatever reason. Which is why it would be acceptable to show off just a stage there, whereas showing off a character would probably be more than Nintendo wants to do.

Basically, if they showed off a Minecraft stage at Minecon, I would assume there's no Steve.
And I would assume, if there was Steve, they PROBABLY wouldn't show off anything at Minecon. I guess it's possible that they could reveal the stage there and then Nintendo reveals Steve on their own time, but that just seems kind of weird and unlikely.
I'm now second-guessing myself, because I absolutely agree with you, but at the back of my mind, I'm thinking that Minecraft is the ONE franchise that's so much bigger than SSB that revealing Steve at Minecon could feasibly happen because it's a bigger audience than SSB has, by far.

Revealing Simon at a Konami event? Not likely because Nintendo wants that hype.

But Steve is a different beast because he belongs to a platform competitor. Both Nintendo and Microsoft want to get something out of this.

Steve is an advertisement for Minecraft on Switch. In exchange, hyping SSBU in front of millions of Minecraft players would be a worthy trade.

Yeah, I think we're getting Steve at Minecon... 0_0

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Life is unfair. Especially when you do dangerous things, such as entering a dark alleyway, or using the cesspool known as GameFAQS as your main HUB for leaking information. You're gonna encounter problems either way.
Using life being unfair to justify unfair actions is one of my least favorite things in the world.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I don't see Sakurai going to ****ing Microsoft for a franchise they spent $2.5 million asking for a stage and an Assist Trophy.
Yeah, that's probably the biggest thing that gives me pause about thinking Steve wouldn't be in. It's not exactly a small get, Minecraft, so once you've got it you'd better darn well use it as much as you can.

Starbound

If you don't like leaks and leakers, then why go to the leak thread?

Genuine question because that seems like the video game equivalent of being lactose intolerant and grabbing that triple thick chocolate milkshake after work.

I fully accept the ban to my account, and I predicted that the thread would be taken down. But Vergeben resorting to that insult was completely out of line, and no one bringing up a "poke and prod" argument is gonna change my mind about that.

And you might want to turn off your notifications so you don't get poked and proded.

Just so you know as it's an optional feature.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Food for thought but what if he goes to Microsoft and gets a split deal. We get Banjo-Kazooie as a character and then a stage, assist trophy (Steve or Creeper) and maybe even an item (Pickaxe) from Minecraft. That'd be decent deal there.

D

Deleted member

Now you're the one poking someone and expecting not to get ounched in return. Advice for you that I gave out on the other thread: grow up, man.

Literally no one has defended him for saying it, stop acting like people are trying to justify it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Before I go, let me once again clarify that questioning does not equal harassment. Ciao!
If it is constant, and perhaps done the way you did it, it probably is harassment. It did look like you were pressuring and intimidating him, especially over the past few months, and pressuring and intimidating is part of the definition of the word "harass".

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If you don't like leaks and leakers, then why go to the leak thread?

Genuine question because that seems like the video game equivalent of being lactose intolerant and grabbing that triple thick chocolate milkshake after work.
Seeing them would be unavoidable unless I quit the internet entirely. At least here, I can see stuff suggesting if it's fake or not.

I like to see stuff proven false or unlikely. Like the music did today, which is why I'm here today

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Food for thought but what if he goes to Microsoft and gets a split deal. We get Banjo-Kazooie as a character and then a stage, assist trophy (Steve or Creeper) and maybe even an item (Pickaxe) from Minecraft. That'd be decent deal there.
I suspect Steve first, BK to come later as HYPE DLC.

Also, possibly Banjo Threeie for Switch and XBone.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I suspect Steve first, BK to come later as HYPE DLC.

Also, possibly Banjo Threeie for Switch and XBone.
This is honestly what I'm expecting at this point but thought I'd mention the idea and possibility of an split deal occurring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom