• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
That last one is Klanoa? i thought it was Pacman eating a dot would be a hint at mspacman, was i ever overthinking it

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Hey so I’m always busy and don’t have time to disect all of these messages. The last I saw was the Ken leak image. Catch me up, what else has been ‘leaked’ other than Ken. P.S. I’m awaiting a good banjo leak

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Honestly if I got Crono I'd be so happy with the roster they could add Bugs Bunny for all I'd care I'd be satisfied

Last edited:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
We have most likely seen all the past stages. And there was an interview in the past where Sakurai said that Sector Z was redundant because of Corneria.
mute city melee is highly speculated because they renamed mute city from 3ds to mute city SNES despite there being no stage called just mute city

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
We have most likely seen all the past stages. And there was an interview in the past where Sakurai said that Sector Z was redundant because of Corneria.
I agree about the past stages thing. There's really no reason to hide any past stages at this point. If there are 5 more stages, I really doubt they're returning stages.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wonder why this is in the description...
View attachment 166519
I´ve got a theory, source gaming lowkey got some contacts akeen to those of Vergeben, in their discussions pre-directs they always nail several predictions.
Which leds me to believe that they really have some info on why those 2 are the only remaining.
We're gettin' Steve bois and gals.

edit: also, their sources may be wrong on who's left in base roster if that theory is true. I don't see why they would know that when these other leakers don't seem to know which characters are base or DLC.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432881746/#432881746

Oh look, a leak with a timed kill switch. It’s SOMETHING, at least.
On the other end of the spectrum of "Not so Subtle Wish List but has One Character Literally 5 People Know" fake leaks is the "Goes to Extreme Lengths to be as Safe as Possible" fake leaks. This falls in the latter category. None of these characters would be super surprising at this point in the speculation game because most have been suggested by the few credible leakers we have while the remainders (Black Shadow and the Black Knight) are not expected by everyone but totally believable in the most ho-hum sense, especially with Dark Samus and Dark Pit as separate characters and three versions of Dark Link, Dark Metaknight, and Blood Falcon already confirmed as ALTs.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I´ve got a theory, source gaming lowkey got some contacts akeen to those of Vergeben, in their discussions pre-directs they always nail several predictions.
Which leds me to believe that they really have some info on why those 2 are the only remaining.
Pretty sure PushDustIn PushDustIn gets a lot of predictions right because he is maximally informed about first-order sources and simply makes his guesses based on that information instead of internet echo chambers. (Groundbreaking strategy)

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
On the other end of the spectrum of "Not so Subtle Wish List but has One Character Literally 5 People Know" fake leaks is the "Goes to Extreme Lengths to be as Safe as Possible" fake leaks. This falls in the latter category. None of these characters would be super surprising at this point in the speculation game because most have been suggested by the few credible leakers we have while the remainders (Black Shadow and the Black Knight) are not expected by everyone but totally believable in the most ho-hum sense, especially with Dark Samus and Dark Pit as separate characters and three versions of Dark Link, Dark Metaknight, and Blood Falcon already confirmed as ALTs.
I definitely agree with your analysis of what tier Black Shadow and Black Knight are on.

They're not Ken, but unless you live under a relative lock or go really hard for one, probably not going to blow any minds.

Potato_

Smash Lord
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432881746/#432881746

Oh look, a leak with a timed kill switch. It’s SOMETHING, at least.
Alright everyone, does Lucas or Mother 3 have ANY relevance to today's date?

They've done this before for the blog, where sometimes a character pops up on a date significant to them (believe Pikachu had something special about the number or such) This guy could've caught on and gotten ahead of that, if today IS Lucas.

Other than that, it's an extremely safe leak that only says everything we're expecting, which as we all know is never how things end up.

To be fair, we know that the Castlevania leak was intentional due to this.

Intern-kun left a calling card on 4chan before it happened.
SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT THIS

I love you Shroob. When people were talking about Box Theory and how Nintendo wouldn't mistakenly reveal fighters I cringed every time I saw someone use Simon as an example.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
It kinda makes me sad that even with all these fake leaks and random posts of roster confirmations. None of them have Lloyd in them. I felt Lloyd has amazing chances given the mii costume, sakurai stating he had to be the tales rep if it were any. And bandai namco assisting with the game. It's just heartbreaking that not even the fake lists add him hahah, I've seen shante in fake lists over Lloyd </3

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It kinda makes me sad that even with all these fake leaks and random posts of roster confirmations. None of them have Lloyd in them. I felt Lloyd has amazing chances given the mii costume, sakurai stating he had to be the tales rep if it were any. And bandai namco assisting with the game. It's just heartbreaking that not even the fake lists add him hahah, I've seen shante in fake lists over Lloyd </3
Hey man if it makes you any better I do hope Lloyd gets in just for you and those other fans. :)

Don't lose hope and keep on rooting your boy will get in. ;)

Last edited:

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
I'm about to post some sacrilege, I don't think the Vergeben leak is as confirmed as people think it is.

Really what makes me a little suspicious about the guy is what he DIDN'T predict, no "everyone is here", no Daisy, no Richter, no Chrom, no Dark Samus, and no King K. Rool. Notice something all these things have in common? They're all surprises people didn't see coming. Or at least weren't likely or easy to guess while sounding legit. Weird coincidence that none of them have been mentioned.

What has Vergeben predicted? Well I'd argue a bunch of REALLY safe bets. Simon had rumors even before vergeben showed up and was pretty much known to be a lock for anyone who's been in the smash scene for a while. and then there's Isabelle, who was also practically a lock after echo fighters were announced, the unpredictable thing about Isabelle was that she WASN'T an echo fighter, but vergeben was really wishy washy about that topic, so once again, ehh. Then there's SPOILER Who Is also Incredibly obvious, maybe if he said it before the announcement of echo fighters It'd be a notch in his belt but as of now not really.

So now the Interesting stuff, Ridley and the return of Snake, the two UN-predictable things in his list and what gave him the momentum to smash stardom. Also important to point out, the FIRST things he predicted. So let's just say that out of the thousands of wannabe leakers out there making predictions and wish lists about smash after the reveal teaser one of them inevitably has truth to it. Not all the truth but enough. and after that the guy (who's gotten literally scores of wrong "leaks" in the past) really likes the attention and decides to keep it going and makes the safest "everyone already expects these characters to be in" predictions he can. Anything that could possibly be wrong is made purposely vague so he can have plausible deniability "Isabelle could be a echo or not" "There's a seventh gen Pokemon but I don't know which one" "There's a Square enix rep but I dunno" "There's Minecraft content but I have no idea" Considering he's said in the past that he needs at least 3 people to come at him with the same info for him to say it, this vagueness is really weird. Also be sure not to leak anything that isn't related to characters because that doesn't generate much buzz for you and could be easily disproved despite your "Insider sources" who would know about that kind of thing. Bam the community is putty in your hands.

Well that's my semi-plausible devils advocate conspiracy theory, or he's right I dunno. I think his recent claim that the Pokemon rep is Incineroar will be what makes or breaks the leak and I'm on the edge of my seat to see what happens.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm about to post some sacrilege, I don't think the Vergeben leak is as confirmed as people think it is.

Really what makes me a little suspicious about the guy is what he DIDN'T predict, no "everyone is here", no Daisy, no Richter, no Chrom, no Dark Samus, and no King K. Rool. Notice something all these things have in common? They're all surprises people didn't see coming. Or at least weren't likely or easy to guess while sounding legit. Weird coincidence that none of them have been mentioned.

What has Vergeben predicted? Well I'd argue a bunch of REALLY safe bets. Simon had rumors even before vergeben showed up and was pretty much known to be a lock for anyone who's been in the smash scene for a while. and then there's Isabelle, who was also practically a lock after echo fighters were announced, the unpredictable thing about Isabelle was that she WASN'T an echo fighter, but vergeben was really wishy washy about that topic, so once again, ehh. Then there's SPOILER Who Is also Incredibly obvious, maybe if he said it before the announcement of echo fighters It'd be a notch in his belt but as of now not really.

So now the Interesting stuff, Ridley and the return of Snake, the two UN-predictable things in his list and what gave him the momentum to smash stardom. Also important to point out, the FIRST things he predicted. So let's just say that out of the thousands of wannabe leakers out there making predictions and wish lists about smash after the reveal teaser one of them inevitably has truth to it. Not all the truth but enough. and after that the guy (who's gotten literally scores of wrong "leaks" in the past) really likes the attention and decides to keep it going and makes the safest "everyone already expects these characters to be in" predictions he can. Anything that could possibly be wrong is made purposely vague so he can have plausible deniability "Isabelle could be a echo or not" "There's a seventh gen Pokemon but I don't know which one" "There's a Square enix rep but I dunno" "There's Minecraft content but I have no idea" Considering he's said in the past that he needs at least 3 people to come at him with the same info for him to say it, this vagueness is really weird. Also be sure not to leak anything that isn't related to characters because that doesn't generate much buzz for you and could be easily disproved despite your "Insider sources" who would know about that kind of thing. Bam the community is putty in your hands.

Well that's my semi-plausible devils advocate conspiracy theory, or he's right I dunno. I think his recent claim that the Pokemon rep is Incineroar will be what makes or breaks the leak and I'm on the edge of my seat to see what happens.
I mean how can you expect the dude to know everything and all the specifics?
He has numerous conflicting sources. Of course he'll have conflicting and vague information.

Though I'm glad you're willing to understand why people feel he's truthful if Incineroar comes out. Guess we'll have to see.

Untouch

Smash Master
If leaks were coming from playtesters there's a solid chance that echo characters were not tested as much as unique characters, so they may have been missed by the leakers.
K Rool is a bit odd here, but he may have been kept very under wraps.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Is there even a chance that among the 1000 leakers, there is one, just ONE leaker, that has some right information besides Vergeben?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Who’s the one between Steve and Shadow?

Which leads me to believe Ken may in fact be an Isabelle/Lucas style semi clone
Incineroar.

It's the Fire and Dark Z-crystals.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Hey man if it makes you any better I do hope Lloyd gets in just for you and those other fans. :)

Don't lose hope and keep on rooting your boy will get in. ;)
Thanks for that, at least! Yeah my hopes aren't completly crashed I'm always going to keep the dream alive until even past launch but like I stated. I've been hounding all sorts of leak threads, character wish lists, even prediction threads or posts here in smash boards and its crazy to me how Lloyd barely makes the cut in any of them. I know it's silly to think everyone is rooting for Lloyd. It's just a shame not many people have him in their predictions/wishlists as I thought.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's a very plausible and likely scenario.
This. Every bit this.

I'd be extremely happy if we got more, of course. But I prefer to measure my expectations against what sound logic and evidence dictate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom