• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
For whatever reason non-Smash leakers LOOOOOVE jerking over the Nintendo fans by stapling fake Smash leaks to their genuine ones.

Is that to throw off the scent?
I think it has more to do with how Smash is seen as a "kids game", so fighting game fans just brush it off as not interesting.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think it has more to do with how Smash is seen as a "kids game", so fighting game fans just brush it off as not interesting.
Yeah, it's kinda a shame too. Because sometimes those "kids Games" are better in quality than the "Cool Mature Games".
I'm no Rocket Scientist, But I'm pretty sure sure Smash gets More love poured into it than any other Fighting game (I feel bad For MvC fans, just because Capcom is treating it like crud)

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, it's kinda a shame too. Because sometimes those "kids Games" are sometimes better in quality than the "Cool Mature Games"
I'm no Rocket Scientist, But I'm pretty sure sure Smash gets More love poured into it than any other Fighting game (I feel bad For MvC fans, just because Capcom is treating it like crud)
I wouldn't take it personally tbh
Everyone already knows gaming communities tend to be super toxic
Just like what you like and don't associate with people who try to bring you down for it

Sincerely,
A person both interested in Smash Bros and tinkering with Minecraft

Untouch

Smash Master
An interesting theory I saw is that if they're having a demo they're going to announce every new character before the demo just to prevent datamining.

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
leaks are likely going to pick up in October when the finished game is shown to more parties
Exactly, Most games are finished 2 months before the release date so I expect more leaks in Oct or Nov if they don't show all content in Oct, or at least the characters.

I think as well that we are getting a reveal of everything early Nov with net test 3 weeks before release just like U Untouch specified.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
And we got another Leak With Reimu...
I'd say toss it aside and ignore it.
Honestly, yeah. I'd personally like Reimu in case of no Shantae playable, but the relative lack of Touhou content until the Nintendo Switch - released after Sakurai's "roster decision" date of 2015 or even 2016 - seems to have locked her out until DLC is confirmed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
D

Deleted member

Here's Vergeben explaining the whole Square Enix rep thingy: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77035099?jumpto=19#19

He supposedly has a list of different character names that could very well be the Square rep, just doesn't know which one it is specifically.
Makes sense, though this also throws a wrench on any leaks that specify a SE, basically, we can't trust that Sora or Geno are the SE character even if they have been calle by somewhat credible sources.
I still think it's Geno though, but that won't stop me from dreaming about Crono

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
City Escape's Got You Covered
so does Studiopolious Zone
And Speed Highway
(You know What? I'm Gonna Stop)
I'm not.

Chemical Plant
Twinkle Park
Emerald Coast
Rooftop Run
Ice Cap
Angel Island
Stardust Speedway
Planet Wisp
Cosmic Angel

Really any Sonic Advance representation would be great.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
A list? So it’s more than just Geno and Sora?

i hope Neku is one of them
I still personally think it will be either Sora or Geno.

I don’t know. I just don’t think there’s one besides them with either enough fan-demand or importance.

EDIT: Actually maybe a Dragon Quest character like Slime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Inb4 all the leaked Square characters are in and Sakurai has fooled us all.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I still personally think it will be either Sora or Geno.

I don’t know. I just don’t think there’s one besides them with either enough fan-demand or importance.
Dragon Quest and Lara Croft for popularity, someone from Bravely Default or Octopath Traveler for recency and relevancy to Nintendo.

Or they say "**** it" and put in Noctis or whatever.

D

Deleted member

TBH Noctis would make a lot of sense if it happened through DLC. SE is pushing FF15 hard; it's been cross-overing with everything lately!

Another point for Noctis is that being on Nintendo hardware isn't a problem anymore. Not saying it'll happen for sure, but if that is what happened, I'm not really gonna be surprised. I wouldn't mind it personally, as Noctis would be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Here's Vergeben explaining the whole Square Enix rep thingy: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77035099?jumpto=19#19
He supposedly has a list of different character names that could very well be the Square rep, just doesn't know which one it is specifically.
Holy **** that's...great. Basically we might have someone from a long list of characters. Since there is a fake-leak trap.
My bets are still for Geno/Erdrick/Eight/Sora tbvh.
And Now I wonder if that Masked Man situation with him deleting his accounts was because he got caught deconfirming characters (Geno+Mallow and Sora) because he heard something else

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
TBH Noctis would make a lot of sense if it happened through DLC. SE is pushing FF15 hard; it's been cross-overing with everything lately!

Another point for Noctis is that being on Nintendo hardware isn't a problem anymore. Not saying it'll happen for sure, but if that is what happened, I'm not really gonna be surprised. I wouldn't mind it personally, as Noctis would be cool.
I feel like Noctris entering to Tekken is enough for him to be honest. I don't think SE really likes to add more 3rd party crossovers for Noctris.

I still believe that we are going to have Geno as the next SE rep...

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Honestly that Vergeben comment is interesting. Did Senjoura Hitagi or whatever that guy's name was outright state a certain Square rep? Or was he vague like Vergeben?

D

Deleted member

I feeling like him entering to Tekken is enough for him to be honest.
Yeah, I wouldn't count on that being Noctis' last major cross over. Noctis is SE's new Lightning: They're tossing him in pretty much anything to promote FF15 and it's spin-offs. FF15's DLC isn't even finished yet, so I wouldn't expect SE's Noctis stuff to stop anytime soon.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly that Vergeben comment is interesting. Did Senjoura Hitagi or whatever that guy's name was outright state a certain Square rep? Or was he vague like Vergeben?
The Monogatari guy just said Steve and Katalina from Granblue Fantasy, which is NOT by Square Enix. Verg only said Steve is “possible”.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Im fairly certain Geno is our new Squaracter. The only character that could come close is Sora, but Im in the cmap that thinks Disneys involvement would complicate things to the point base game isnt possible. Since resources for new characters are quite limited, I dont think Skaurai would substitute Geno for someone hypothetically suggested by Square like Noctis or Tifa(as cool as they sound), hed go pick another extremley popular character (in the context of the Smash fanbase).

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
- all this info on a direct

-reveal at minecon.

Leak or no leak and regardless of weather or not steve is in, I doubt he would be revealed at a convention
Not unheard of at all, though I doubt he would be revealed at Minecon as well.

During MvC3's buildup they announced characters all over the place. Various comic and gaming cons. I remember Spencer of all people was announced at a comic con, which felt odd.

Potato_

Smash Lord
The Monogatari guy just said Steve and Katalina from Granblue Fantasy, which is NOT by Square Enix. Verg only said Steve is “possible”.
Found the comment.

The reason I'm asking is because with this comment by Vergeben we can essentially be hugely critical/almost dismissive of any leaks that state a specific Square character, considering the fact that from what it sounds like it's almost impossible to know for sure unless you're in Nintendo/Square or have seen the roster.

D

Deleted member

As far as likelihood for the SE character goes:
  1. Geno
  2. Sora
  3. Space Invader(feel like people are sleeping on this one)
  4. Lightning/Squall/Noctis(because it would be disappointing as hell)
  5. Another FF7 character
  6. Lara Croft
  7. Dragon Quest character
  8. Classic FF character(Black Mage, Cecil, Celes, etc)
  9. Agnes(or another BD character)
  10. Neku
  11. Octopath Traveler character(timing issues, likely only possible for DLC)
  12. Crono
  13. Secret of Mana character
  14. Literally anyone else not mentioned
  15. Bushido Blade character(**** man, this game is rad)
Geno does nothing to me. Squall, Noctis or Lightning would legit leave me salty. Meh on more FF7 or Lara Croft. Crono, classic FF or Octopath would get me hyped, everyone else would be a pleasent surprise even if I don't personaly care for them.

EDIT: Added Noctis because I saw him getting mentioned so eh

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Since resources for new characters are quite limited, I dont think Skaurai would substitute Geno for someone hypothetically suggested by Square like Noctis or Tifa(as cool as they sound), hed go pick another extremley popular character (in the context of the Smash fanbase).
I mean, I'm for any Square Characters since they're great, but in the context of Sakurai asking for CLOUD STRIFE instead of Geno, who was popular ever since Brawl, and talking about how Miraculous this whole deal was...
I wouldn't put it away that Sakurai goes for someone more """""iconic"""" in the public's eyes as a Guest from Square-Enix. Like another FF rep or Dragon Quest Rep.

Geno's inclusion all goes down to "Will Sakurai just asks for Geno? Or will he try to pull another Miracle like Cloud?"

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here:

"Smash 5 is gonna have *crazy characters man. 1 Square Enix character, new pokemon character, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, and A MINECRAFT CHARACTER. Ya you heard that right. A minecraft character. Smash is officially a kids game. "

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/9eloaw/new_samsho_trailer/e5r6tmm/?context=3

I had to edit some of the text out due to strong language.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know Senjougahara_Hitagi said people's jobs were on the line in a reply to someone asking about the SE rep, so that matches up with Vergeben.

GIVE US STEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom