• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I tried to play catch up, but I noticed that the last page kept getting further away, what fakes did I miss in the last ten pages? What's the opinion on the Reimu leak?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
wait a second

i might have another one for two SE reps

konami has 3 reps :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:
capcom getting 3 :ultryu: Ken (pretty much real leak at this point) :ultmegaman:
sega most likely getting 3 reps :ultsonic: Shadow (hopefully it happens) :ultbayonetta:

so wouldn't it make sense for each 3rd party company to get 3 reps

and the namco ones can be future dlc
If Sakurai cared about patterns, we would've gotten Heihachi or Lloyd in Smash 4 so Namco, Sega and Konami could each have 2.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly people are sleeping on Lloyd. On the Gamecube, Sakurai described him as the character to add to Smash if he was going to add a Tales rep, well liked by many.
I didn't but I got a feeling we'd get Heihachi due to having been briefly considered once for Sm4sh and then Nightmare to promote the new Soulcalibur game.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
if Steve gets in, it's going to invite all kinds of third party characters from other Western companies. I feel Smash will lose it's Nintendo charm at that point.

I think any of the Rare characters like banjo would be the exception.
Ahh, I see! So it'll lose it's charm because it's a Western character you don't like, but if a Western character got in that you seem to like, then it's all good.
Hope I don't sound condescending but please consider how this sounds.

In case you still don't think the Steve "leaker" is trying to mess with the community, he just posted this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9i4njq/stop_dming_me_about_leaks/
I don't know what it said but I noticed it and when it was 20 minutes old it was deleted. No comments, nothing.
Reddit doesn't seem to have an archive so I can't see what it said though.
I don't think people are trusting THIS particular leaker.
They're more trusting what Verge said about him.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
True, but both Banjo & Kazooie and Geno are effectively Nintendo characters owned by a third party. They're in a unique position that no other character is in. Well, perhaps Rabbid Mario is also in that category. And we've seen a different trend in this game--a lot of perennial fan favorites in a much more limited roster. It's a question of which trend ends up continuing, and I could see it going either way. But the one trend I see that will probably always continue is, "Whatever Sakurai wants, gets in." I'll place my bets on that third option.
Are you calling Incineroar or Richter Fan favorites? Last I checked they weren't that big in the ballot (Incineroar wasn't even known to the public at the time). Also, Assuming Sakurai's Adoration of Minecraft is anything to go by, I feel Steve is more likely (because Sakurai bias). Like you said "Whatever Sakurai wants, gets in". Besides another factor in choosing characters is what new stuff they will bring to the table. Steve can bring a lot more unique stuff with his massive amount of weapons, placing blocks, and even possible crafting. Not saying that Banjo Kazooie wouldn't bring anything new to the table... i just feel like they would retread a lot of stuff already in Smash... An Animal Bird Combo? Duck Hunt's Got you covered. 3D Platformer Representation? Mario and Rosalina Say Hi.
IDK, it's just the more I think about it, Steve seems more likely.

Last edited:

Starbound

So what the hell is going on here?

Incineroar
Ken
Steve
Geno
Sora

This seems like way overkill for a single Direct, not gonna lie.
I agree.

Which is why we could see that fabled Incineroar/Ken trailer as a stray announcement not part of a direct.

Chrono.

I wouldn't look much into a pattern of companies getting 3 characters or whatever.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Incineroar
Ken
Steve
Geno
Sora

You know, one of my big things is the next Smash direct will have 5 characters... but there's only one echo in that list.
So, maybe it'll be spread out over different directs?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Are you calling Incineroar or Richter Fan favorites? Last I checked they weren't that big in the ballot (Incineroar wasn't even known to the public at the time). Also, Assuming Sakurai's Adoration of Minecraft is anything to go by, I feel Steve is more likely (because Sakurai bias). Like you said "Whatever Sakurai wants, gets in"
Besides another factor in choosing characters is what new stuff they will bring to the table. Steve can bring a lot more unique stuff with his massive amount of weapons, placing blocks, and even possible crafting. Not saying that Banjo Kazooie wouldn't bring anything new to the table... i just feel like they would retread a lot of stuff already in Smash... An Animal Bird Combo? Duck Hunt's Got you covered. 3D Platformer Representation? Mario and Rosalina Say Hi.
I agree with your point here.
But Richter is an Echo from Konami, a company Nintendo has worked with easily in the past. And also, IS a fan favorite with Castlevania's fanbase.

You know, one of my big things is the next Smash direct will have 5 characters... but there's only one echo in that list.
5 characters? Why do you feel that way? Curious.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Cherrypicking. And show me where he mentioned Steve.
He didn't. This isn't about Steve, this about the one claim I singled out for the specific purpose of singling out because it was the one thing that was off. He was only asked for one specific character, and that was Banjo. You claimed that he said he was his favorite, which, by the way, you still haven't proofed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Are you calling Incineroar or Richter Fan favorites? Last I checked they weren't that big in the ballot (Incineroar wasn't even known to the public at the time). Also, Assuming Sakurai's Adoration of Minecraft is anything to go by, I feel Steve is more likely (because Sakurai bias). Like you said "Whatever Sakurai wants, gets in"
Besides another factor in choosing characters is what new stuff they will bring to the table. Steve can bring a lot more unique stuff with his massive amount of weapons, placing blocks, and even possible crafting. Not saying that Banjo Kazooie wouldn't bring anything new to the table... i just feel like they would retread a lot of stuff already in Smash... An Animal Bird Combo? Duck Hunt's Got you covered. 3D Platformer Representation? Mario and Rosalina Say Hi.
In the case of Incineroar. Ever since Melee there's always been seem to be a trend in adding a new Pokemon and retro rep.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I see! So it'll lose it's charm because it's a Western character you don't like, but if a Western character got in that you seem to like, then it's all good.
Hope I don't sound condescending but please consider how this sounds.
They're more trusting what Verge said about him.

Rare characters have had a strong exclusive history with Nintendo though. Smash is a celebration of Nintendo history first and foremost.

Last edited:

Chrono.

There's the possibility of echoes that were added late that insiders don't know about.

I'm starting to wonder if Shadow is in that boat.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Maybe one day we'll get our bro in the game.
My hopes have always been in check regarding his chances, and truth be told I'm not surprised he's missing from most potentially credible leaks. But let me just say, after the ballot and everything, if he doesn't at least return as an AT, that'd be some inexplicable, incomprehensible nonsense.

And also I'd cry just a bit.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I tried to play catch up, but I noticed that the last page kept getting further away, what fakes did I miss in the last ten pages? What's the opinion on the Reimu leak?
So this Masterofhyrule guy who leaked Battlefield pre-E3 said Steve, Sora, and probably Geno are all in.

Then I said that would explain why Verge’s sources were confused on who the Square newcomer is, because there were two of them this whole time.

Then Cornered starting playing.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
He didn't. This isn't about Steve, this about the one claim I singled out for the specific purpose of singling out because it was the one thing that was off. He was only asked for one specific character, and that was Banjo. You claimed that he said he was his favorite, which, by the way, you still haven't proofed.
Can you show me him wanting any other character in Smash Bros.? thats the whole point is Banjo is the clear favorite to be put in smash above any others until proof can be given otherwise as Banjo is the only one referenced.

Starbound

We have a leak saying Sora and Steve are coming, and Geno is highly likely.

The source had assets for Battlefield that they posted on Gamefaqs back in April, which is why we're at least keeping it in mind.

This leak fills in pretty much all of Vergeben's gaps.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
This makes me hopeful and scared cause the more reps SE gets the closer Sakurai could be getting to the "okay that's enough" number
the more Square characters Sakurai burns through right now the closer he gets to inevitably adding Crono so I say let the Mash Potato Man do his work

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So this Masterofhyrule guy who leaked Battlefield pre-E3 said Steve, Sora, and probably Geno are all in.

Then I said that would explain why Verge’s sources were confused on who the Square newcomer is, because there were two of them this whole time.

Then Cornered starting playing.
And that MB's name?

Albert Einstein

Can you show me him wanting any other character in Smash Bros.? thats the whole point is Banjo is the clear favorite to be put in smash above any others until proof can be given otherwise as Banjo is the only one referenced.
I mean I don't know why you would expect Phil Spencer, a employee of Microsoft, to say "yeah here's who I want the most of all in this Nintendo exclusive game".

He commented once or twice on Banjo. You're looking a bit TOO deep.

Untouch

Smash Master
Can someone link this leak, you keep talking about it but I can't see anyone actually posting the leak.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
There's probably a lot of true things getting mixed in with fake things.

Even the most relaible leakers get some things wrong.
These are exactly my thoughts.

So many leaks have been coming and of course, a lot of that is bull**** but between the most reliable leakers there definitely is some common ground.

For example, right now according to all leaks and clues i think this is my way of seeing stuff:

They are in:

- Ken
- Inceneroar

They are very likely in:

-Steve
-Sora
-Geno
-Black shadow
-Shadow

There's a chance:

-Isaac
-Skull kid
-Medusa

As for me, my most wanted are Geno and Isaac.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but both Sora and Geno being in would explain why Verge’s sources couldn’t agree on who the Square newcomer is.

Because there were two of them this whole time.
That would be a good theory.........if it wasn't by the fact that Disney owns Sora. I seriously dobut that some "sources" would know Sora is in when those said "Sources" don't even know who owns Sora in the first place.

Seriously how many times it must be said that Sora would be a DISNEY newcomer? Yes, he was created by Square, but in the context of of Smash we always refer to the companies that OWN the character, not the ones that created them (which is why Bayonetta is categorized as a SEGA character and not a Platinum Games one)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He never said he wanted any character. Until he does, he doesn't have a favorite.
He was referenced because he was asked. Don't be so dense.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
5 characters? Why do you feel that way? Curious.
Nothing more than the fact that it worked well enough for the last direct, but that's cause it was 2 uniques and 3 echos.
And one of them was tied to the first unique.

I think 5 is a good number.

Buuuut unless if they're going to be absolutely bonkers, I doubt it'll be 4 uniques and 1 echo. Haha. Which is why I think we're in for more than one direct in the near future (and by that I mean between now and December).

There's the possibility of echoes that were added late that insiders don't know about.

I'm starting to wonder if Shadow is in that boat.
That's what I'm thinking.
It would fit my little "intuition" pattern so to speak to be able to round out a direct with echos.

But yeah I don't particularly have a reason for the number. Don't look into it c:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm definitely familiar with MasterofHyrule and how he nailed Battlefield and E3 props. But that felt very E3 specific. I'd be surprised if he somehow found out about characters.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That would be a good theory.........if it wasn't by the fact that Disney owns Sora. I seriously dobut that some "sources" would know Sora is in when those said "Sources" don't even know who owns Sora in the first place.

Seriously how many times it must be said that Sora would be a DISNEY newcomer? Yes, he was created by Square, but in the context of of Smash we always refer to the companies that OWN the character, not the ones that created them (which is why Bayonetta is categorized as a SEGA character and not a Platinum Games one)

Square manage everything about Sora and his appearance even if Disney are the one owning him.
It goes like this
>Square want to do stuff with Sora
>Get okay from Disney
>They manage everything.

Same goes for the other way around.
Disney comes to Square when they want to use Sora.

It's not too hard to understand why LEGALLY he's a Disney rep. But FUNCTIONALLY work like a Square-rep

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman

Incineroar
Ken
Steve
Geno
Sora

To be fair in the last direct we got...

Simon
Richter
Chrom
Dark Samus
King K. Rool

But unlike the August Direct, most characters in these rumors are uniques. We are looking at about 4 uniques in one direct if these rumors be true. Unless we see them revealed throughout October and November or even as DLC.

Untouch

Smash Master
Wait..
Master0fHyrule...
that guy who makes thousands of "Can character get under battlefield" videos...?
I mean there's a possibility but he doesn't seem confident at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom