• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Pretty sure last I Checked in Marketing and promotional materials, Steve Is Microsoft's Number 2
And assuming Master Cheif Likely isn't happening (Master Chief and Halo aren't as Iconic in Japan), Might as well go with Him.
Man, The Banjo Kazooie fan base is about as toxic as Waluigi's
Ad hominem, Never played a banjo game in my life, Love the idea of Minecraft. Point still remains that if they went to Microsoft itd be what Microsoft wanted in the end as they hold the power in that kind of deal.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Imagine this Sora and Geno get in, then Steve and you have Mickey as an Assist Trophy !

THE WHOLE NET WILL BE IN FRENZY NUTS !

Honestly the game as it is already please me enough. The addition just will keep to extend my jaw, I think Sakurai do a Jaw dropping competition and see who's gonna drop it harder. I bet on Etika for the Jaw dropping winner contest.
I think the assist trophy would be Riku, I see them shying away from any actual Disney content and focusing on the OC stuff.

D

Deleted member

Is there a link to MasterOfHyrule's claims? Some of this stuff sounds waaaay too good to be true, lol.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Maaan the idea of this is getting me all GIDDY and is bringing out my fanfic side.

Imagine Sora and Geno getting a trailer together, Geno's star/soul twinlking down toward Destiny Islands, passing by a Paupu fruit... I would literally cry if this was real.

But I just CANTLETMYSELFBUYINTOITAAAA

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ad hominem, Never played a banjo game in my life, Love the idea of Minecraft. Point still remains that if they went to Microsoft itd be what Microsoft wanted in the end as they hold the power in that kind of deal.
Pretty sure Microsoft would want their Money Making Blocky Boi, over Bear and Bird who've haven't been relevant in years...

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
144 million sales, AKA more than all of Halo combined.
But yeah, I'm sure it matters if it's dropping off a little bit as every video game does annually.
Its been a topic of discussion in minecraft sites and forums that the userbase is in the decline and it has been since before 2016, its only a question of how long it has left. Even Notch has jumped ship from it saying "its time to make a movie and call it quits"

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Are you calling Incineroar or Richter Fan favorites? Last I checked they weren't that big in the ballot (Incineroar wasn't even known to the public at the time). Also, Assuming Sakurai's Adoration of Minecraft is anything to go by, I feel Steve is more likely (because Sakurai bias). Like you said "Whatever Sakurai wants, gets in"
Besides another factor in choosing characters is what new stuff they will bring to the table. Steve can bring a lot more unique stuff with his massive amount of weapons, placing blocks, and even possible crafting. Not saying that Banjo Kazooie wouldn't bring anything new to the table... i just feel like they would retread a lot of stuff already in Smash... An Animal Bird Combo? Duck Hunt's Got you covered. 3D Platformer Representation? Mario and Rosalina Say Hi.
IDK, it's just the more I think about it, Steve seems more likely.
Incineroar is obviously different, because when the roster was being made in 2015, he wouldn't know who from Gen 7 would be a fan favorite because it hadn't been released yet. And Richter is an echo, who he specifically mentioned he'd like people to be taken aback, not knowing who he was. Simon fits better, because as far as we know, he wasn't as heavily requested as the others, but nonetheless iconic. But I never said exclusively fan favorites. But Ridley, K Rool, Banjo, and Geno would be bringing back four heavily requested characters since Melee, which makes better sense for the Ultimate Smash game for fans.

As for new stuff--this is extremely subjective, but you could do a lot more with Banjo & Kazooie from what they do in-game alone. Yes, you could make up stuff that Steve doesn't do in game--Sakurai has shown he can make any character, if he wants to. For me, it's a question of should, rather than could. And looking at Duck Hunt, it looks like Smash could have drawn inspiration from B&K--which is high compliments, if true. But there's a wealth of moves that can be drawn from both games that could make B&K one of the more unique characters on the roster (you'd never see the Dog bash people over the head with the Duck), especially since it's a game all about learning new and crazy moves as you progress. Banjo & Kazooie, to me at least, has the unique moves and the character, making an overall better package.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what the hell is going on here?

Incineroar
Ken
Steve
Geno
Sora

This seems like way overkill for a single Direct, not gonna lie.
My guess if this is the final roster:

Incenroar in an October direct.

Sora, Steve and Ken in a smash direct.

Geno revealed in a special video before release

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Maaan the idea of this is getting me all GIDDY and is bringing out my fanfic side.

Imagine Sora and Geno getting a trailer together, Geno's star/soul twinlking down toward Destiny Islands, passing by a Paupu fruit... I would literally cry if this was real.

Imagine the memes if Xehanort is a boss in Spirits.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy.

OH BOY, You guys have no idea that many has happened, first there was some Ken leak which was confirmed as real, and second, we also pointed possible of two square enix thanks to genius of Mega Bidoof
You know what? I'm going to bed! Yep! I'm gonna go to bed, and when I wake up tomorrow, I expect to see this thread literally covered in a flaming border as we start getting hard proof of sora or the next Direct and what it contains. Man, things are getting exciting!

Smash fan: wow Ridley and Krool are the most hype this game will get!
Sakurai: Hold my beer...
Shoulda went with a cultural pun and said "Hold my Sake"

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Its been a topic of discussion in minecraft sites and forums that the userbase is in the decline and it has been since before 2016, its only a question of how long it has left. Even Notch has jumped ship from it saying "its time to make a movie and call it quits"
I can't stress how much the Minecraft fanbases opinion of the userbases decline literally doesn't matter.
I don't know how you can look at 144 million sales and tell me that they'd still put Chief in.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna post this video again which I found a bit interesting:

It's rather simple and boring, as he states the newcomers many of us are expecting: Incineroar and Ken. However, he also stated Isabelle, and even went further to state that she would be the next reveal. This video was posted in August, so he was correct.

He also talks about the hidden mode, stating it is Subspace-esque. It would feature unplayable characters and bosses, one of them being Marx.
I have met this person in discord and he is legit. I'm pretty sure he has a single low level source so he really doesn't know as much as vergeben does, specifically he doesn't know any characters besides Incineroar and Ken, which wouldn't surprise me at all considering how secret the SE rep is.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Man, if Incineroar, Ken, Geno, Steve, and Sora is all that's left (Even if some of those or even the 3 other then Ken and Incineroar are our first DLC possibly)

I don't think I could ever ask for anything ever again. And I mean that in the best way possible.

...I mean I'll still probably be vouching for Tails as DLC anyway at some point. That's still going to remain a personal want forever. But at this point, sure, bring in Shadow the Hedgehog as his own unique fighter. Why the hell not. Hell bring in Master Chief for all I care. This is just too mind blowing to even think it's possible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I mean, even I'm buying into it a bit.
It's okay to let go. We're at the point in speculation that it's fine to let go and give in.

(Or you could just do it because it's more fun than not.)

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I can't stress how much the Minecraft fanbases opinion of the userbases decline literally doesn't matter.
I don't know how you can look at 144 million sales and tell me that they'd still put Chief in.
With the chance of me being wrong and Steve still being in lets face it anythings possible. Heck even Sora might be in and hes technically owned by the house of mouse.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
With the chance of me being wrong and Steve still being in lets face it anythings possible. Heck even Sora might be in and hes technically owned by the house of mouse.
Which isn't at all relevant to the point I'm making. But you're correct.

Does Skull Kid and Shadow are still in the game of happening ?
Shadow is totally still in the running if you believe in these leaks as it disproves the Box Theory. He has also been hinted by Jon, a known "predictor" who "predicted" Daisy and Ridley pre-E3, the FF games coming to Switch, and more.
Skull Kid, I dunno. Wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I have met this person in discord and he is legit. I'm pretty sure he has a single low level source so he really doesn't know as much as vergeben does.
Well I hope so, not because of 2 more characters (though deep in my heart I do think that's all we're getting for the base game) but because I really want another SSE like story mode.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Oh boy.

OH BOY, You guys have no idea that many has happened, first there was some Ken leak which was confirmed as real, and second, we also pointed possibility of two square enix thanks to genius of Mega Bidoof

Edit: oh yeah and Don't forget about possibility of Steve from Minecraft being playable!
I knew about Ken and Steve, and one SE rep

But two? Tell me more, or point me to the posts ITT

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well I hope so, not because of 2 more characters (though deep in my heart I do think that's all we're getting for the base game) but because I really want another SSE like story mode.
Does he state in the video we'll only be getting 2 more characters? Can't watch right now.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Which isn't at all relevant to the point I'm making. But you're correct.
and my original point which is a ways back and a TL;DR really was that it doesnt really make much logical sense for Steve, but Sakurai never has been logical has he

Edit: god i feel like a boomer trying to figure out this site.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Does he state in the video we'll only be getting 2 more characters? Can't watch right now.
Nope, he states Isabelle Incineroar and Ken are next up and that he doesn't know if these are all the characters that are left, just that they're next up to be revealed.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Does Skull Kid and Shadow are still in the game of happening ?
Considering Echoes haven't really been leaked properly besides maybe once or twice? Someone confirm that for me, I could still see Shadow.

I unfortunately don't think Skull Kid will, but keep that hope alive.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He doesn't, but it does match up with the box theory, and was posted before the box was even revealed and before Isabelle was too.
No, it matches up with Verge's claims and then throws a Subspace mode on top.

We all knew Isabelle and Ken were coming. We also knew Incineroar was 98% coming.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wait...what about the supposedly Masked Man from back then,when we had the Imgur leak?
He was an intern for SE who supposedly knew about Cloud before.
He said the leak was fake because it had Characters he knew weren't in.

In the list there was Sora/Geno+Mallow.

Soon after he deleted his accounts and disappeared from the surface of Earth.

Doesn't that break the "two SE" theory?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
OH OH!

Vergeben s words

“Atleast half a dozen characters”

Simon
King K. Rool
Isabelle
Incineroar
Steve
Sora
Geno

Half a dozen
(Not sure if Isabelle and ken were excluding from those guys though)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think you guys are jumping way too quickly onto this leak. Something like this should be taken with a lot of salt.

kylexv

Smash Master
An actual legitimate source came to MasterofHyrule back in April/May with pictures of assets from the E3 booth.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that he was approached by another legitimate source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom