• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I don't buy it

not just because it's pie in the sky

but because the avalanche salt from Steve would collide from the explosion of hype from Sora and it would obliterate the world

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why do people want Goku when we already have Lucario? :laugh: Doesn't Goku's voice actor even voice Lucario?
It's not about actually wanting Goku. It's about getting that M.U.G.E.N status. Same can be said about Spider-Man and Batman who I also mentioned.

No, I honestly don't think any DB character can echo any other, but let's not have this topic here.

So Geno & Sora, that'd be interesting, I wonder how much "controversy" Sora would cause.
Sora wouldn't cause much controversy. Only some people groaning because of KH's stupid ass plot. I don't exactly want him or Steve at all, but it's whatever, we got Mega Man, Simon, Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man, Ryu, Mario, Link, Samus, Cloud and Pikachu all in the same video game beating the **** out of each other. And we can play as Ridley, Ganon or K.Rool, something we don't exactly get every game.

Steve I know will cause a lot of salt. And I think that's part of the reason I don't want(or think) the character in, since it'll cause ********. And that ******** will lead to people ******** about the ******** and it never ever ends.

EDIT: There's been games where (Adult) Gohan's acted as a clone for Goku, looking at Budokai 2 for example. Just have his Super be the Family Kamehameha or something. Vegeta's proportions are a little too different from Goku's I think.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Gohan wouldn't be an accurate Echo to Goku though if we go by every time either of them have fought :p
It's true but I can dream for the sake of it. They could just dumb down his specials to basic Kamehameha and ki blasts, but focus him more around rushdown through his tilts and aerials to mimic his fight against Super Buu. Height and build wise he'd be very similar to Goku too.

Anyways, going back to leaks:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but both Sora and Geno being in would explain why Verge’s sources couldn’t agree on who the Square newcomer is.

Because there were two of them this whole time.
You are going to set the board on fire with thinking like that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but both Sora and Geno being in would explain why Verge’s sources couldn’t agree on who the Square newcomer is.

Oh ****!

Your right this would make so much sense.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I like how Banjo v Steve and Sora v Geno basically boil down to the same "Character that's been asked for ages" v "More popular IP from the same company"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sakurai enlisted both the Nintendo Ninjas and the Disney Defense Force to confuse leakers everywhere.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Sora gets in the base game, I'll be mad that I didn't commit to my Sora prediction months ago. The potential PR talk in HMK's video about Sora had me hesitate.

That being said, with this news of Sora potentially coming as DLC, I'm gonna definitely gonna bet on him early as DLC, cause he might be the first DLC character announced after a final Smash direct.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
No, I honestly don't think any DB character can echo any other, but let's not have this topic here.

So Geno & Sora, that'd be interesting, I wonder how much "controversy" Sora would cause.
I don't think Sora would be a particularly controversial pick. He has ****-tons of moveset potential, he has almost as much history with Nintendo as he does with Sony (and frankly he has more history with Nintendo than Cloud), and he has a game coming out very soon, so he's not exactly irrelevant or a nobody (that would be Roxas :awesome:).

Frankly, and don't kill me for this, but for the general gaming audience, he's a much better pick than Geno. People here might be upset if we got him over Geno, but in general, I think the reaction would be nothing but hype. Especially when Sony and even ****ing Square themselves couldn't get him for their own fighting games.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Dude, you are right there! That's why vergeben isn't sure on who mysterious Square Enix rep is, all because some of his sources have different picture but same picture in one place!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't buy it

not just because it's pie in the sky

but because the avalanche salt from Steve would collide from the explosion of hype from Sora and it would obliterate the world
Steve: Banjo I can't feel my arms! The avalanche froze them. Hand me the hacksaw!

Banjo: "I can't Steve, I already sawed my own off!"

And thus the idiot box episode of spongebob becomes even more relevant.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I don't think Sora would be a particularly controversial pick. He has ****-tons of moveset potential, he has almost as much history with Nintendo as he does with Sony (and frankly he has more history with Nintendo than Cloud), and he has a game coming out very soon, so he's not exactly irrelevant or a nobody (that would be Roxas :awesome:).
I'm just going off Nintendo purists reactions to Cloud, it wouldn't be quite as much an outroar (and hype) as that, but I still feel a good chunk of people would be irritated.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Why not both
I'd actually be fine with both. Only one character will likely be in the base game, though. Of course I'd prefer Banjo--but it makes more sense. They've been wanted since Melee, and would have been without the legal barriers--now that those barriers are (presumably) gone, it makes sense for Banjo to join Ridley, King K Rool and (hopefully) Geno in the base roster. And if Steve's the money-maker people say, he'd make a lot of money as DLC.

Though, I personally don't think base vs. DLC makes a company more or less money, otherwise all companies would save their characters for DLC--but that's often something I hear a lot of, so if it's true, would make much more sense.

EDIT:
I like how Banjo v Steve and Sora v Geno basically boil down to the same "Character that's been asked for ages" v "More popular IP from the same company"
That generally seems to be the theme. Ridley and King K Rool give me hope. :p

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

And no one would believe him if he said both.

I can actually buy this theory.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I...

Can't argue with that.

Lol @ everyone yelling at me for saying "tomorrow" yesterday

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay. Okay. Let's recap.

• Steve's inclusion was first awoken by a leaker who Verge KINDA backed. Said leaker said Steve was in.
  • Verge has always said Minecraft content would be in somehow. He recently stated that he has started to hear murmurings of Steve actually being playable and that it could indeed be the case.
  • Verge has also reiterated his claim that we would see a Square Enix rep in somehow.
  • Days later, we have stumbled upon something new. MasterofHyrule, who leaked Battlefield's art assets Pre-E3, stated that he has heard that Steve and Sora were in, and Geno was highly likely. He quickly added that he had heard from sources online...but didn't give us where he got these sources, only from "leaks in docs and 4chan and stuff". Teh "Mr. Leaker" Ponycorn stated no leak in his entire collection has Geno AND Sora in it.
  • We are now on fire. We are in Hell.
  • Mega Bidoof has just pointed out that Verge's sources have long "conflicted" over who the Square Enix rep is...perhaps that would be the case if there were two.
  • Remember, this could always be a simple fake like Loz was. Hype cautiously.

Anything I should add?

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm just going off Nintendo purists reactions to Cloud, it wouldn't be quite as much an outroar (and hype) as that, but I still feel a good chunk of people would be irritated.
That's fair. When I watched Cloud's reveal trailer, I felt literally nothing, because FF isn't my scene. Since then, I've really warmed up to him though, and recognized his inclusion as the amazing thing it is.

Helps that he's fun to play as, which Sora would be too.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Okay. Okay. Let's recap.

• Steve's inclusion was first awoken by a leaker who Verge KINDA backed. Said leaker said Steve was in.
  • Verge has always said Minecraft content would be in somehow. He recently stated that he has started to hear murmurings of Steve actually being playable and that it could indeed be the case.
  • Verge has also reiterated his claim that we would see a Square Enix rep in somehow.
  • Days later, we have stumbled upon something new. MasterofHyrule, who leaked Battlefield's art assets Pre-E3, stated that he has heard that Steve and Sora were in, and Geno was highly likely. He quickly added that he had heard from sources online...but didn't give us where he got these sources, only from "leaks in docs and 4chan and stuff". (I mean...if you can find a leak with Sora AND Geno in it, and possibly even Steve too, be my guest.)
  • We are now on fire. We are in Hell.
  • Mega Bidoof has just pointed out that Verge's sources have long "conflicted" over who the Square Enix rep is...perhaps that would be the case if there were two.
  • Remember, this could always be a simple fake like Loz was. Hype cautiously.

Anything I should add?
Should probably mention that Pony said he couldn't find any leaks that mentioned BOTH Geno and Sora, making his statement even weirder.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
My dudes, if Steve is in the game, I’d main the hell out of him. I have a soft spot for Minecraft as it reminds me of my Summer days with my cousins.

Gah, now I’m really excited for whatever the Minecraft content is.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
it makes sense for Banjo to join Ridley, King K Rool and (hopefully) Geno in the base roster. And if Steve's the money-maker people say, he'd make a lot of money as DLC.
Usually the More iconic Character of the Company gets First Dibs
Sonic (Sega)
Pac-Man (Namco)
Mega Man (Capcom)
Cloud (Square)
Snake (Konami)

And the second Character usually has some ties with Nintendo
Ryu (Capcom)
Bayonetta (Sega)
Simon Belmont (Konami)

If this Trend Continues then I see Steve being base, and Banjo being DLC...

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
This seems like a good time to tell a short story.

So, I'm a big Cloud supporter, as people may know. In November 2015, I took a trip with some family, and we stayed in a hotel. As the trailer for Cloud was starting up, the hotel internet went out. When I got back on, I asked my friends what I missed.

"Haha. But seriously though."

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Holy cow that actually makes sense

they problem only found one of them but other source found the other one

someone tell vergeben of a potential second Square enix rep might be the answer to the whole thing

Chrono.

Some guy on twitter with exclusive/leaked info in the past (had Battlefield assets before E3) seems to be implying there are 2 square reps.
I just saw... Master0fHyrule is in on it now?

That's weird, I've been subbed to the guy on YT for years lol. I thought he was a low key rando dude.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ok so the thing with Steve honestly, and i been doing ALOT of thinking on this (and laughing at the few people who got rick rolled by the steve leaker)

He could honestly get in on a couple of justifications. Minecraft is a large game itself and its honestly the best lego video game in existance. That aside the arguements I figured to come up with for him can be easily shot down as well.

1. Steve as an Indie rep- Minecraft is one of the best selling independently made video games of all time, and the most successful. That said at the time the roster was made Minecraft was in the decline. Still is to be frank. Although Fortnite was yet to really be a thing back in 2016-2017, the indie darlings at the time were objectively Shovel Knight (whos currently in assist Purgatory) and Shantae (whos creators are lizard speaking on the topic of her in smash). Steve would be a decent fill for the role but theres alot better

2. Steve as a PC Rep- Minecraft did of course start out as a pc only game did it not, with it coming to consoles after it had already taken off. The problem with this front though is when you think PC youre not exactly thinking minecraft are you. chances are youre thinking of Valve and Steam, and Honestly a Valve Character to represent PC Gaming just makes that much more sense (my personal pick there would be The Heavy from TF2) as without Steam as a marketplace, thered be no PC Master Race.

3. Steve as a Microsoft Representative- Microsoft currently own minecraft and it is one of their current best selling titles, but if microsoft did want to get into smash (assuming nintendo would work with a DIRECT COMPETITOR), Phil Spencer already has his favorite picked out being Banjo who has the seniority with nintendo, and itd make alot more sense to have Marcus Fenix or Master Chief who are far more synonymous with the Xbox brand as a representative over Steve as well.

4 Steve as a WTF choice- People bring up every smash game has a WTF character since the beginning (64 its Ness and Falcon, Melee its Game and Watch, and so on). Trouble is that the WTF oddball choice has always been a first party nintendo character. All of them are and I highly doubt that tradition would be broken for a character that wasnt born in the house of the plumber. Honestly for this I'd more expect to see Stanley the friggin Bugman than Steve because Stanley was in a first party nintendo game at least.

Anyway believe what you want just dont get RickRoll'd by obvious fakers again.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This roster is shaping up to be a thorough mix of characters I adore and characters I can't stand with very little middle ground.

I've never had such opposite feelings over a roster, it's exhausting. :p

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

So, I'm a big Cloud supporter, as people may know. In November 2015, I took a trip with some family, and we stayed in a hotel. As the trailer for Cloud was starting up, the hotel internet went out. When I got back on, I asked my friends what I missed.

I'm a bit FF fan myself, and I worked that evening he was announced, suddenly as i'm washing dishes for a college cafeteria, my phone starts having a massive spaz attack.

I.E I was getting like 20/25 texts lmao.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Updated my signature to include Sora and a new predictions row. He is the only one there in the line-up, for now. Not betting anyone else until the base game roster gets revealed.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I like how this thread got more pages per day than the general thread does now.

If we started the final direct with an Incineroar trailer and ended with a combined Geno/Sora trailer...

That would be hype af.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman

I wish I could forget the tantrum a guy I used to know threw though. I've let that sour my view of the Shantae fanbase for too long...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Steve would probably be one of the characters I play the least, but if they fixed my one issue with him (Boring, stiff animations) I wouldn't mind at all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Phil Spencer already has his favorite picked out being Banjo
1490155315442.png

Let's take a closer look.

Wow, that sure isn't asking what his favorite choice would be for a Smash rep, he was just asked about Banjo specifically. Ask him about any other big Microsoft boi and I guarantee you he'd say the same thing.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I just saw... Master0fHyrule is in on it now?

That's weird, I've been subbed to the guy on YT for years lol. I thought he was a low key rando dude.
Honestly so did I. I know him from the Smash compilations of like Final Smashes and stuff.

This was the first time I heard about the Battlefield assets but hey, it's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom