• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Microsoft is one of Nintendo's 2 actual, genuine competitors. They have almost never crossed over ever before and I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be in the capacity of a Smash character.
The first time they collaborated was Minecraft for Wii U, and then later Minecraft for Switch.

In a way, it's almost fitting if Steve is in Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
WHAT IS GOING ON?!

DID SOMETHING HAPPENED?!
A leaker named MasterofHyrule, who leaked Battlefield pre-E3, recently said Sora and Steve are in and Geno is highly likely.
Could be another Loz situation, so hype cautiously.

The first time they collaborated was Minecraft for Wii U, and then later Minecraft for Switch.

In a way, it's almost fitting if Steve is in Smash.
And remember the Creeper 3DS over in Japan?
Makes you think.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Has this been discussed here yet?

A french leaker claiming to have correctly leaked K. Rool, Chrom, Simon, & Richter back in July. He also said Black Shadow, Isaac, Skull Kid, Medusa, Ayumi Tachibana, Ninten, Ken, & Reimu Hakurei would all be playable characters. There's more stuff he said about bosses and stuff but I'll let you read the actual leak if you want that info.
Yup... It's likely fake... nothing to see here

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
WHAT IS GOING ON?!

DID SOMETHING HAPPENED?!
Rumour about a Minecraft Stage are getting stronger.TheSquare Enix Character is apparently 100% real. Thanks to some dude relaying rumours...

Master0fHyrule claim that Steve/Sora are in and Geno might be in. Can be a scan but he leaked battlefield like weeks beforeE3 and he leaked E3 showfloor.

Potato_

Smash Lord

A french leaker claiming to have correctly leaked K. Rool, Chrom, Simon, & Richter back in July. He also said Black Shadow, Isaac, Skull Kid, Medusa, Ayumi Tachibana, Ninten, Ken, & Reimu Hakurei would all be playable characters. There's more stuff he said about bosses and stuff but I'll let you read the actual leak if you want that info.

Edit: Here is a link with more info.
There's screenshots in the thread that show a discord server planning out that leak, including how to respond to certain questions to seem legitimate.

It's fake, and the original leak he's talking about was also proven fake a while back by the French moderators of that board.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

So five additional newcomers.. and two new Echoes.
Hmmm... ..coming from the guy who actually predicted many characters correctly INCLUDING RICHTER and CHROM??

That list looks good and bad at the same time, I hope it is fake. His claim of many characters being right is frightening. If there no SE rep, I will be sad. Man, I wish it was fake but his claims are evident.

Edit: Rushed it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's a really far apart Disney association. Next thing we know we're gonna get Goku and Spider-Man. :pand that's not even bad
**** it. If Sakurai was crazy enough to actually go with Goku and Spider-Man, you don't think he'd get Batman too?

Suddenly it's looking a bit more like that old M.U.G.E.N pack I had a couple years back.

Of course the salt you could mine from those reveals would be ridiculous too.

Potato_

Smash Lord
**** it. If Sakurai was crazy enough to actually go with Goku and Spider-Man, you don't think he'd get Batman too?

Suddenly it's looking a bit more like that old M.U.G.E.N pack I had a couple years back.

I'm just saying that if there's a Goku reveal there better be a Gohan echo to go along with it.

D

Deleted member

I mean, Master0fHyrule did leak a part of the Battlefield texture and the E3Showfloor like... Weeeeeks before E3...

Still I take it in a grain of salt because that "Geno and Sora can be both in like that 4chinz leak said" smells like ******** because even Anon can't be that crazy to do that.
Does anybody have that supposed picture that Master0fHyrule posted? I remember seeing it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Ah, Super M.U.G.E.N. Bros. Can't wait to main Ronald McDonald.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar, Geno, Sora and Steve?

In addition to Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K Rool, and Isabelle?

Sounds good to me.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Why do people want Goku when we already have Lucario? :laugh: Doesn't Goku's voice actor even voice Lucario?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
is he creditable for leaking stuff?

the only reason 3 reps can happen is from is from

Sega getting Sonic, Shadow and bayonetta

Konami, getting Simon, Richter and Snake

Capcom getting Ryu, Ken nad Megaman
He got the Ultimate Battlefield design weeks before E3 and the E3 showfloor.
Who knows.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
And sales. Not like, it sold well so it's fair game, but I mean if you attach Minecraft and Smash Bros...

That is true, but that doesn't mean Minecraft is automatically going to be in that way because... it's Minecraft.

Can you substaniate that claim? If anything it'll draw audiences. Look at the first part of the post. You'd be drawing in a lot of audiences (mostly children but Nintendo focuses on family audiences and that's fantastic in this scenario) more than alienating them. You may have extremists who may flat out not buy the game because the dejected Steve has his filthy nubs all over the game's content, but there's more gained than lost.

Correction: It pleases Banjo fans, including you. Not "most people", as in, "most people who buy the games which is typically in the millions".
I've tried avoiding mentioning Steve, but at this point I have to take his inclusion seriously. So apologies in advance.

Popularity is equivalent to sales in the context I was speaking. If anything, Steve as a character is not popular in the 2015 polls, but is still from a best selling franchise.

You can print money with Minecraft as a stage easily--MICROSOFT CONTENT IN SMASH. That's all you need to print money. Barely anybody was asking for him as a character, and if you look at the demand for Steve, at least for me, I'm barely seeing it. Just people who think it would be interesting, but not demanding him like Geno, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, and, yes, Banjo & Kazooie.

And yes, if you look at the reactions to Steve possibly being in, some people think it's awesome, others think it would ruin the game (I don't think Steve being in would ruin the game, I'm just stating what I've seen). I don't think it's a controversial statement that Steve's inclusion would be controversial for fans, at the very least.

And that's not what I said--I said both Minecraft content AND Banjo would please most people, whereas only Minecraft content would please less people. That's just logic--Less is less, and more is more. People would love Minecraft, less so Steve--Creepers are more iconic than Steve. It's why it fits better as a stage/assist. I don't think Minecraft "deserves" more content than Monster Hunter--a Monster Hunter character would make more sense than Steve. But it does deserve to be in the game in some form, and I personally believe that's as a stage and assist. You're free to disagree.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I mean Vegeta would probably be the better choice for an echo
No, I honestly don't think any DB character can echo any other, but let's not have this topic here.

So Geno & Sora, that'd be interesting, I wonder how much "controversy" Sora would cause.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's just logic--Less is less, and more is more. People would love Minecraft, less so Steve--Creepers are more iconic than Steve. It's why it fits better as a stage/assist.
You give me flashbacks of myself when I denied Isabelle being viable because I thought she just fit the Assist better than being playable.
Agree to disagree then.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but both Sora and Geno being in would explain why Verge’s sources couldn’t agree on who the Square newcomer is.

Because there were two of them this whole time.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Perhaps someone should go and try to nudge Vergeben about this? Who knows-

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but both Sora and Geno being in would explain why Verge’s sources couldn’t agree on who the Square newcomer is.

Because there were two of them this whole time.
That... Makes way too much sense, now that I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom