• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Question for all you Kingdom Hearts fans, how tied to Disney is Sora?
I know Kingdom Hearts' whole thing is that it's Disney but let's be real, if Sora gets in he's not taking the Disney stuff with him.
So how much Kingdom Hearts stuff could you put into Smash before Disney gets pissed off?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Donald and Goofy come with Sora and there's a little ''Disney." checked off like Square was added when Cloud was revealed.

Can you imagine the pure 'ASJOIFASJDASOIJFDOISAFJASOFJSAOSAFFSAJFOIASJFJ" of that moment?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wonder how his reveal trailer would go
Play it ambiguous. Kinda like Simon.
Cloud is fighting all Guest before getting rekt.
And suddenly a fire shot is seen protecting Cloud from an attack.
They all turn their attention to the source...
You see the Key chain swinging...
A blue cape Floating.

And we see both Geno and Sora together for a big Square-Enix trailer.

Then I wake up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sakurai would most likely have the biggest **** eating grin on his face if he ended off with Steve from Minecraft, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, and Geno from Super Mario RPG.

That's the true meaning of ''Never ask me for anything ever again."
WHO ASKED FOR STEVE, HUH?!
W-WHAT? CHILDREN PLAY THIS GROWN MAN'S FIGHTING GAME?!?
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO

Jokes aside I'm pretty sure the non-casual audience would drop their ****ing jaws for Steve. And then I would get tagged a ****ton because I'm a pretty huge advocate for him. :061: I think I'm still blocked by that one guy after defending him.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Like the sheer fact there's a potential that ''Disney" and ''Microsoft" would be added to the copyright line on the game?

Sakurai won't stop till he's killed every gamer on the planet with hype.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I know Kingdom Hearts' whole thing is that it's Disney but let's be real, if Sora gets in he's not taking the Disney stuff with him.
So how much Kingdom Hearts stuff could you put into Smash before Disney gets pissed off?
Realistically? Only the keychain forming Mickey's head.

Sora is the main player and rarely interact in battle with the Ally being Donald and Goofy.

In all Kingdom hearts Game, you're forced to be with them only in two games. Soon 3.

Sora usually fight alone for bosses and stuff and none of his fighting technique need Disney stuff as they're infact usually taken from Final Fantasy

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Play it ambiguous. Kinda like Simon.
Cloud is fighting all Guest before getting rekt.
And suddenly a fire shot is seen protecting Cloud from an attack.
They all turn their attention to the source...
You see the Key chain swinging...
A blue cape Floating.

And we see both Geno and Sora together for a big Square-Enix trailer.

Then I wake up.
If Geno is the other SE rep, wouldn't it make sense for it to have him fight Cloud?

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai would most likely have the biggest **** eating grin on his face if he ended off with Steve from Minecraft, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, and Geno from Super Mario RPG.

That's the true meaning of ''Never ask me for anything ever again."
B-But Banjo and Skull Kid tho...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Skull Kid is only as up as he is right now because of loz and chairs.
Banjo would come after Steve if Verg and I called it right. It's kind of a Cloud situation. Too big to go unnoticed.

LetterO

Smash Lord
If we get Sora AND Steve, then we basically have a crossover fighting game with characters from

-Nintendo
-Sega
-Capcom
-Square Enix
-Namco
-Konami
-Microsoft
-Disney

holy ****

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Realistically? Only the keychain forming Mickey's head.

Sora is the main player and rarely interact in battle with the Ally being Donald and Goofy.

In all Kingdom hearts Game, you're forced to be with them only in two games. Soon 3.

Sora usually fight alone for bosses and stuff and none of his fighting technique need Disney stuff as they're infact usually taken from Final Fantasy
Didn't Disney force their copyright on Sora and Riku to be displayed under their sprite on a recent Final Fantasy mobile game or did I mishear that?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Seriously, this. The only reason people give for a Minecraft character is due to Minecraft's popularity--except, there are more ways to represent a series than a character, like a stage/assist trophy. Going to Microsoft and only getting Steve is controversial at best, and alienating a ton of fans at worse. Whereas having Minecraft stage/assist with Banjo & Kazooie as a playable character pleases most people.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Holy crap, this thread just exploded into more active since some leakers said that there will be two square enix reps. Am I dreaming or what? I'm fine with Sora and Geno Tho, Kingdom Hearts 3 looks interesting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If we get Sora AND Steve, then we basically have a crossover fighting game with characters from

-Nintendo
-Sega
-Capcom
-Square Enix
-Namco
-Konami
-Microsoft
-Disney

holy ****
That's a really far apart Disney association. Next thing we know we're gonna get Goku and Spider-Man. :p and that's not even bad

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I saw some Phoenix talk earlier. What was that about? I'm scrambling irl, fellas.

Sora and Geno, eh? Be a massive thing if true.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
If Crono did get in, it would be too big of a missed opportunity if he didn't have an alt with an orange costume, black hair, and the Crimson Blade weapon.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Skull Kid is only as up as he is right now because of loz and chairs.
Banjo would come after Steve if Verg and I called it right. It's kind of a Cloud situation. Too big to go unnoticed.
Add "Missing Assist Trophy" and "Moon showing up as an AT over him" on that list and you're right.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

-Nintendo
-Sega
-Capcom
-Square Enix
-Namco
-Konami
-Microsoft
-Disney

holy ****
Now, All we need is Sony, and then The copyright would be super insane.
Gimme PaRappa The Rapper In Smash

Last edited:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
You could basically ignore every bit of Disney stuff associated with Sora and still get the full character tbh. The Disney worlds and characters are really just a vehicle for the original characters and main plot.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
WHO ASKED FOR STEVE, HUH?!
W-WHAT? CHILDREN PLAY THIS GROWN MAN'S FIGHTING GAME?!?
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO

Jokes aside I'm pretty sure the non-casual audience would drop their ****ing jaws for Steve. And then I would get tagged a ****ton because I'm a pretty huge advocate for him. :061: I think I'm still blocked by that one guy after defending him.

Realistically minecraft is a big part of gaming history, more current gaming history but still...no denying the fact theres a huge generation of gamers whos gaming experience can be defined by watching minecraft videos online and stuff.

it would sell smash like crazy to that generation and potentially move switches too, not sure if "just a stage" would get the attention of that audience but a character would as character announcements for smash are always big news.

i was thinking a stage represented minecraft better than a character and that a stage would be enough, i still basically feel that way, but i could see from a marketing point of view that if you got the rights to minecraft for smash you need to make that part of advertising the game and smash gets attention for its roster not its stage select.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Didn't Disney force their copyright on Sora and Riku to be displayed under their sprite on a recent Final Fantasy mobile game or did I mishear that?
That's just normal legal stuff like Disney probably getting their copyright in smash if he get in. But they did not force Anything, They let heartless and some world in for the event, the Kingdom key with the keychain and the gumiship-

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Wouldn't it be hilarious to nab Crash Bandicoot when Sony couldn't do it for PlayStation all Stars?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Realistically minecraft is a big part of gaming history, more current gaming history but still...no denying the fact theres a huge generation of gamers whos gaming experience can be defined by watching minecraft videos online and stuff.

it would sell smash like crazy to that generation and potentially move switches too, not sure if "just a stage" would get the attention of that audience but a character would as character announcements for smash are always big news.

i was thinking a stage represented minecraft better than a character and that a stage would be enough, i still basically feel that way, but i could see from a marketing point of view that if you got the rights to minecraft for smash you need to make that part of advertising the game and smash gets attention for its roster not its stage select.
I'm pretty sure Microsoft content in a Nintendo game will more than make up for Minecraft only getting a stage/assist. That's headlines alone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Seriously, this. The only reason people give for a Minecraft character is due to Minecraft's popularity
And sales. Not like, it sold well so it's fair game, but I mean if you attach Minecraft and Smash Bros...

except, there are more ways to represent a series than a character, like a stage/assist trophy.
That is true, but that doesn't mean Minecraft is automatically going to be in that way because... it's Minecraft.

Going to Microsoft and only getting Steve is controversial at best, and alienating a ton of fans at worse.
Can you substaniate that claim? If anything it'll draw audiences. Look at the first part of the post. You'd be drawing in a lot of audiences (mostly children but Nintendo focuses on family audiences and that's fantastic in this scenario) more than alienating them. You may have extremists who may flat out not buy the game because the dejected Steve has his filthy nubs all over the game's content, but there's more gained than lost.

Whereas having Minecraft stage/assist with Banjo & Kazooie as a playable character pleases most people.
Correction: It pleases Banjo fans, including you. Not "most people", as in, "most people who buy the games which is typically in the millions".[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wouldn't it be hilarious to nab Crash Bandicoot when Sony couldn't do it for PlayStation all Stars?
Ikr? I mean, Smash also got Cloud and Snake (Poor PSABR got stuck with Raiden). This is becoming the true Playstation All-Stars. (especially with FS meter and The Stage Morph)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

-Nintendo
-Sega
-Capcom
-Square Enix
-Namco
-Konami
-Microsoft
-Disney

holy ****
Meanwhile, Sony pouts in a corner because it didn't get invited.

This is why you support cross-platform play.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ikr? I mean, Smash also got Cloud and Snake (Poor PSABR got stuck with Raiden). This is becoming the true Playstation All-Stars. (especially with FS meter and The Stage Morph)
I'd kill for Cyborg Raiden to be in Smash with an Armstrong boss.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe its to early but I wanted to make this anyway:
box theory.png

[Death Of The Box theory Colorized 2018]

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I can't see there only being a Minecraft stage or AT.
Before you hit me with "BUT MONSTER HUNTER"

Capcom gets along with Nintendo. They collaborate frequently. Nintendo hosts tons of their games. They're tight.

Microsoft is one of Nintendo's 2 actual, genuine competitors. They have almost never crossed over ever before and I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be in the capacity of a Smash character.

So, you can try and tell me Sakurai would only get Minecraft a stage for some reason, but I believe a character would come with that as well.

I'd kill for Cyborg Raiden to be in Smash with an Armstrong boss.
The memes it would cause...
Steven_Armstrong.jpg

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Maybe its to early but I wanted to make this anyway:
View attachment 166153
[Death Of The Box theory Colorized 2018]
Steve: ALRIGHT, FINE, TAKE ME TO SUPER SMASH BROS ISLAND! I WANNA ARM WRESTLE WITH PLUMBERS ON THE MOON, JUST DO IT SO I CAN GET BACK AND BUILD MY HOUSE!

Geno: Okay, Steve! Super Smash Bros Island it is!

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
Has this been discussed here yet?

A french leaker claiming to have correctly leaked K. Rool, Chrom, Simon, & Richter back in July. He also said Black Shadow, Isaac, Skull Kid, Medusa, Ayumi Tachibana, Ninten, Ken, & Reimu Hakurei would all be playable characters. There's more stuff he said about bosses and stuff but I'll let you read the actual leak if you want that info.

Edit: Here is a link with more info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom