• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Take it with a grain of salt?"

Way ahead of you on that :yoshi:
Salt makes everything less bland, of course

I'm choosing to run with the idea that Geno and Sora are both in for now because I need some excitement in my life and my controversial predictions aren't coming to fruition soon enough.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I'm choosing to run with the idea that Geno and Sora are both in for now because I need some excitement in my life and my controversial predictions aren't coming to fruition soon enough.
I have to much of a vested interest of Geno getting in to look at it with any sort of objectivity...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What if Steve's alts are characters who didn't quite make it into the game?

Toad, Banjo, Midna, etc...

...I think that may actually be worse than Mii costumes.
You shut your mouth. /s

But seriously, that's the only appeal I see of Steve, and that's a superficial bonus.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So, I posted the Ken pic in a Street Fighter group and the admin had this to say. Thoughts? https://imgur.com/a/UJeeqbi
Yeah, I pointed this out when all we had was the cropped screenshot. The very first thing I did was compare Ken's gi to Smash Ultimate's Ryu and to Smash 4's Ryu.

I think maybe I'll do an explicit image comparison for people, cause admittedly it's hard to know what to look for.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Only MasterofHyrule says Sora and Geno
Verge only know that there a SE rep
I really think its a false alarm.

Remember to hype responsibly.

Remember that there are few newcomers said by sakurai.

Let's be rational

Noipoi

Howdy!
While I still think Sora's gonna be stuck in the House of Mouse, and i'd prefer Geno, I really wouldn't mind Sora.

I'm a huge Disney fan, and his design is pretty nice if not a little silly (who needs that many zippers?).
Also, even though he's technically an "Anime sword fighter", his sword is pretty wacky looking. I'm down with Sora.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Well Konami has 3 characters, and with Ken likely being in, Capcom does as well, so no reason that Square can't have Cloud, Sora, and Geno.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
There suppose to be footage of a leak posted at like 12PM tonight? Doubt its happening but who knows.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
While I still think Sora's gonna be stuck in the House of Mouse, and i'd prefer Geno, I really wouldn't mind Sora.

I'm a huge Disney fan, and his design is pretty nice if not a little silly (who needs that many zippers?).
Also, even though he's technically an "Anime sword fighter", his sword is pretty wacky looking. I'm down with Sora.
I'm honestly kinda hoping Sora gets a "Smash Bros" design as if he's visiting a Smash world in Kingdom Hearts and it's one of the worlds that changes how he looks. With a Smash Keyblade. The changes don't have to be drastic.
Or, at least, it could be a cool alt costume.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There suppose to be footage of a leak posted at like 12PM tonight? Doubt it happening but who knows.
No no no, that would be 12 AM. the Stanley guy from yesterday said a video would be posted at noon today and he then confessed it was all fake

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Well Konami has 3 characters, and with Ken likely being in, Capcom does as well, so no reason that Square can't have Cloud, Sora, and Geno.
Not sure it's a fair comparison, as the 3 those companies have include one echo, whereas those 3 Square Enix characters would all be unique. However, I could see one being in the base game and the other as DLC, along with other companies potentially getting a third unique character.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
What's this about Sora? MasterofHyrule is the same guy that leaked the E3 stuff, right?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm honestly kinda hoping Sora gets a "Smash Bros" design as if he's visiting a Smash world in Kingdom Hearts and it's one of the worlds that changes how he looks. With a Smash Keyblade. The changes don't have to be drastic.
Or, at least, it could be a cool alt costume.
That would be some ridiculous attention to detail. One of those little things that doesn't need to happen at all but you're so glad it did.
AKA, exactly the kind of thing Sakurai likes to do.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
geno AND sora being talked about as both possibilities by masterofhyrule...

wow, now that would be "ultimate"

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I really think its a false alarm.

Remember to hype responsibly.

Remember that there are few newcomers said by sakurai.

Let's be rational
Also, no character is officially confirmed until they get a trailer. A lot of people seem to think Incineroar is guaranteed, but I kind of think Pokémon might not get a new rep this time.

D

Deleted member

Sora has been enough times in Nintendo consoles that I don't consider him as much of a "Sony character" as Cloud or Snake. Same with Ryu.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn't MasterofHyrule that guy who just reposts the same top 30 cuhRAZY project m final smashes under a differerent title on youtube

Potato_

Smash Lord
What if Steve's alts are characters who didn't quite make it into the game?

Toad, Banjo, Midna, etc...

...I think that may actually be worse than Mii costumes.
If Sakurai did this I'd just laugh. It would be that funny yet incredibly sad at the same time.

Dude you should see my roster prediction. It's ambitious as all hell, yet I'm fully prepared for Box Theory to be right. It's more fun this way.

No no no, that would be 12 AM. the Stanley guy from yesterday said a video would be posted at noon today and he then confessed it was all fake
It was confirmed that the guy who posted claiming to be the Stanley guy confessing was fake. Still though, I wouldn't count on leaks from Stanley.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What's this about Sora? MasterofHyrule is the same guy that leaked the E3 stuff, right?
Yup.
But he's inconsistent... Probably to protect his source like...
First he says he heard source about Steve/Sora/Geno.
Then he says he read these on random website like 4chan and stuff.

But lmao, I don't think there is any leaks since the infamous Imgur leak saying that Both Sora and Geno are in and it didn't had Steve... because even any Fake 4chan leakers knows it's impossible to have Sora and Geno in.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if there's just a trailer of Sora's Gummi Ship crashing in the Mushroom Kingdom or something.

Or maybe the Gummi Ship crashs into a star that turns out to be Geno.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That would be some ridiculous attention to detail. One of those little things that doesn't need to happen at all but you're so glad it did.
AKA, exactly the kind of thing Sakurai likes to do.
The thought of that possibility makes me way more interested in Sora in Smash.

Wonder how his reveal trailer would go though.
They would have to skip out on Donald and Goofy. Which probably means no Gummi ship involved, unless they're cool with a really awkward silent ride.
Probably Riku and Kairi? They do have plenty of OCs to go with I guess. They also could just imply the gummi ship and not actually show it.

Not gonna lie, if Donald or Goofy ends up in his reveal trailer that'll be more "OOOOH ****" for me than the reveal itself hahaha

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
I won't be happy if Incineroar doesn't get in after all. People would have been stringing us along for awhile with them.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai would most likely have the biggest **** eating grin on his face if he ended off with Steve from Minecraft, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, and Geno from Super Mario RPG.

That's the true meaning of ''Never ask me for anything ever again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom