• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
OH? OH? HOLD UP?

ZIPPO BUDDY CAN I ASK YOU TO SAY A SENTENCE FOR ME I'M DUMB SO I DON'T GET IT
"THERE ARE GOING TO BE TWO MORE SQUARE ENIX REPS, NOT JUST THE ONE WE SPECULATED, AND THEY COULD BE BOTH SORA AND GENO"

OR AM I WRONG
I'm not Zippo, but going off of what the tweet says, we could potentially see both Sora and Steve.
Wow.
(I hope it's just for base roster though, not DLC.)

Shroob

Sup?
Ya'll need to chillax.

It's a text leak.

Yeah, MasterofHyrule had the Battlefield stuff, but we don't have any reason to take what he says as anything higher than your average text leak yet.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Three more third-party characters (four more if you count Ken, five more if Shadow's in too) would be weird to me. But not impossible. I just hope there are some good first-party picks to balance it out. Sora would be as exciting to me as Geno, if not more so.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, I guess we shouldn't get our hopes up too much.

The excitement of having GENO AND STEVE (and Sora) ALL IN THE SAME GAME overtook me I suppose. As you can see, it still kinda has.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Three more third-party characters (four more if you count Ken, five more if Shadow's in too) would be weird to me. But not impossible. I just hope there are some good first-party picks to balance it out. Sora would be as exciting to me as Geno, if not more so.
K.Rool, Ridley are pretty heavy hitting first parties for there to be this many 3rd parties I think.

But even so, it's truly up to Sakurai how to balance that out this time, this is "Ultimate" after all :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
You know what? I like seeing Steve advocates.
Minecraft means a good bit to me. Happy memories of simpler childhood times.
So I'd love if Steve made the cut in my favorite game franchise ever.
Steve would be the only character that has nostalgia for me.

Born too late to play Banjo
Born too early to not play Smash Ultimate at the right time

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, yeah, I'm... somehow happy as **** buuuut...

Either he's Protecting himself. Or He's just talking about different dumb leaks we all saw...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I played an old N64 as I grew up so I like Banjo.
But Steve is ACTUAL nostalgia in a way.

Getting down to that Minecraft remix of Viva la Vida, playing Minecraft Smash Bros on random servers, losing my mind horses were finally coming into the game, my mom getting me a Minecraft shirt 'cause of how much I loved the game back in the day...it did get me through some hard times. So, to hell with Steve being a "meme". Let my boy in.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
IF Sora got in and there was no Donald or Goofy.

Take him back. I have no interest in representing Kingdom Hearts if we're not being honest that half of it's success is down to the fact that it's a huge crossover itself.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, yeah, I'm... somehow happy as **** buuuut...

Either he's Protecting himself. Or He's just talking about different dumb leaks we all saw...
False alarm, peeps.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I played an old N64 as I grew up so I like Banjo.
But Steve is ACTUAL nostalgia in a way.

Getting down to that Minecraft remix of Viva la Vida, playing Minecraft Smash Bros on random servers, losing my mind horses were finally coming into the game, my mom getting me a Minecraft shirt 'cause of how much I loved the game back in the day...it did get me through some hard times. So, to hell with Steve being a "meme". Let my boy in.
Making me feel old, as the 90's kid I was haha.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I guess I’m too old to want Steve in, I think he looks terrible and doesn’t animate well.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Yeah same here... Banjo Kazooie Came out like a year or two before i was Born...
But Minecraft on the other hand...
A lot of my siblings were obsessed with Minecraft and I managed to delve into it a bit as well...
Steve would be a lot more hype for me than Banjo
False alarm, peeps.
My avatar shows my thoughts perfectly...

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Agreed. I would personally like less 3rd parties BUT I got K.Rool, Ridley, Wolf back (with updated moveset/animations), Inklings, Isabelle, Chrom, and Dark Samus so I can't complain TOO much. Cause looking at this list if THESE are the last bit of fighters for Smash Ultimate. I can check out now honestly.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ya'll need to chillax.

It's a text leak.

Yeah, MasterofHyrule had the Battlefield stuff, but we don't have any reason to take what he says as anything higher than your average text leak yet.
Someone actually link me the Battlefield thing.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I guess I’m too old to want Steve in, I think he looks terrible and doesn’t animate well.
I hear people say that Steve would be "bland", but honestly he has more moveset potential than almost anyone else. I'm assuming he would be like Pac-Man, where his entire moveset represents the different aspects of Minecraft.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So, let's recap. According to all those credible leakers, Ken, Incineroar, Steve, Sora and probably Geno are in the game, am i right?
Ken and Incineroar are locks according to all reputable leakers.
Steve is a big maybe, according to Vergeben himself.
Sora and Geno are vying for the spot of the Squenix rep that every reputable leaker seems to believe in.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
IF Sora got in and there was no Donald or Goofy.

Take him back. I have no interest in representing Kingdom Hearts if we're not being honest that half of it's success is down to the fact that it's a huge crossover itself.
I think that's what'll get him in though. Sora as a character represents the crossover, because he is both Disney and Square Enix.

Also, Geno, Steve, and Sora as our final reveals would definitely break the internet.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean, it could be to protect himself from Question especially how quick to the draw he go "With link I lost"
When just looking through history could be easy.

I'm taking my 99% salt grain.
And my 1% of optimism.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Ken and Incineroar are locks according to all reputable leakers.
Steve is a big maybe, according to Vergeben himself.
Sora and Geno are vying for the spot of the Squenix rep that every reputable leaker seems to believe in.
I wish I had as much faith in Incineroar as others do.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm sorry if I get off as hostile, I didn't intend to be hostile. I'm sorry.

All I want is for people to accept that extremely cryptic hints are theoretically possible to be true and shouldn't always be dismissed immediately because "it's a stretch".

But this

I don't get. A cloud could theoretically be an extremely cryptic hint that always gets immediately dismissed. So I was using that as an example for stuff that we should at least keep in the back of your mind, nothing more.

Except there was no faulty logic in my post. Can you please point it out? I hope it's not "because clouds are usually generated randomly, that 100% means it was the case this time, too". Because that would be faulty logic on your and not my part.
For what it's worth dude, I completely agree with you. I think people underestimate just how much time gets put into these trailers, and how much they look over every detail. At the very least I do think the Pac-Man cloud could've been a legitimate hint, but of course there's no way of knowing for sure without Sakurai coming out and saying so.

I know people are going to hit me with "but the Ridley clouds and Rayman clouds were stupid, so is this one" but they aren't even remotely comparable. You have to stretch SO hard to see the bosses in the SSE cutscene clouds and the Rayman/Chours Kids/whatever new character people say is in the K.Rool cloud.

The Pac-Man one though? It's a VERY distinctive shape. And guess who got revealed at E3 shortly after?

In regards to MasterOfHyrule I'm not going to get too overly excited. Just gonna take note of what he said and move on.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I hear people say that Steve would be "bland", but honestly he has more moveset potential than almost anyone else. I'm assuming he would be like Pac-Man, where his entire moveset represents the different aspects of Minecraft.
I’ve played Minecraft, I know he has a bow (that he doesn’t use, arrows just fly out), he has a sword, pickaxe, axe (all of which are animated with a motion tween), and a shovel (which he also doesn’t get animated actually using).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmmm.... CoroCoro may not be wrong after all...
He also mentioned The Square Character being announced at the Game Awards...
Holy Moly... Leaky Pandy Might be Right
I doubt we get a reveal at the game awards but I’d be pretty happy.
Wouldn’t Nintendo ask sites like Gameinformer to take down the Ken image if it were real?
no that would only confirm it’s real. Something they don’t want happening.

Also two square reps?

Pack it up boys Sora with a Roxas echo coming in!

Potato_

Smash Lord
I’ve played Minecraft, I know he has a bow (that he doesn’t use, arrows just fly out), he has a sword, pickaxe, axe (all of which are animated with a motion tween), and a shovel (which he also doesn’t get animated actually using).
You're thinking too limited. With Steve we could actually have a character who affects the stage itself with the whole "creation and building" aspect that's so prevalent in Minecraft. If he's in I guarantee he will have some sort of block placing/area destruction ability.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Someone actually link me the Battlefield thing.
Here ya go:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76551295?page=4
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-smash-bros-e3-info-screenshot-leaked.38549/
https://i.imgur.com/DD6eQNI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X0gIiov.png

He goes as GUKingofheart on Gamefaqs, of course almost everyone dismissed him as a liar and a troll but it turned out to be the real deal. He never disclosed how he got access to them, though.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
All good. Thanks for apologizing.

I'll concede that there's always a chance the clouds were meddled with but it's so microscopic I just wouldn't use it as an example.
Okay, I won't. You see, English isn't my first language, that's probably why it came off as hostile and also why I take so long responding. I was really panicking after I just posted what I felt like "hey guys, maybe we shouldn't always dismiss cryptic hints immediately" and then everyone said I was hostile and making it hard to talk about anything except some clouds.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, I won't. You see, English isn't my first language, that's probably why it came off as hostile and also why I take so long responding. I was really panicking after I just posted what I felt like "hey guys, maybe we shouldn't always dismiss cryptic hints immediately" and then everyone said I was hostile and making it hard to talk about anything except some clouds.
Remember in here, usually nothing is ever personal. A lot of people here have just been speculating for years like myself so they've come prone to dismiss stuff pretty easily. All good.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Here ya go:
Uh. The fact that he never said how he got the battlefield things makes me think that... maybe he take extra-security measure with his source? Because I truly never saw any leaks in every website he mention saying both Sora and Geno are in.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Damn, I got up for a bit to make dinner (it's delicious btw), and suddenly we have 2 potential SE reps?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Uh. The fact that he never said how he got the battlefield things makes me think that... maybe he take extra-security measure with his source? Because I truly never saw any leaks in every website he mention saying both Sora and Geno are in.
Yeah this is a point.

I have literally, to date, NEVER seen any leak with 2 SE reps, specifically, Sora and Geno, together.

Very odd to me.

Damn, I got up for a bit to make dinner (it's delicious btw), and suddenly we have 2 potential SE reps?
What you eating Toast my man?

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Minecraft has changed a lot since you last played, you actually have to charge the bow before you fire an arrow, and the arrow's power is dependent on how far back you charged it. There are also enchanted bows, tipped arrows, etc. And the animations have changed on almost everything.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
New here and have just been lurking, just made an account here to say I hope the square enix rep is Crono but i doubt its him. Back to lurking unless I feel like adding anything
It's crazy cause Square deserves like 4 unique reps alone. Geno, Sora, Chrono and a DQ rep like Erdrick all have a place in this series, though I know all 4 are likely impossible at once.

It's a testament to how much people loved classic Squaresoft and early Square Enix when so many characters were memorable back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom