• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
It's hard to compare without the full banner, but when Isabelle was added, some of the characters shifted slightly, here's a direct comparison.
hmmstve.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Can you explain to me how they're so stingy?
Have always seen contrasting views on this.
I don't know, that's just the impression I got from one of the interviews with Sakurai and Nomura.

I know Nomura seemed to wonder why Sakurai wanted a character from an old game. FF's lack of music also seems to be because of the composer and his legal stuffs moreso than Square themselves.

But, I didn't really research outside that interview and what I heard :p
Basically, yes.
Square-Enix usually **** themselves up with music licensing quite a lot of times. Like, they're the worst at this department.
There is also the fact that they sometimes/lot of time asks for chara-designer/Art designer from free-lancer and from time to time ends up keeping right for those designs.
Like for exemple the Creator of DQ himself probably still giving blessing with his own outside studio "Armor Project" since he left SE even if that company have an exclusive contract with SE. Or Bird Studio for Akira Toriyama's design-
Or sometimes having to give up a whole licence to be able to make those games, like giving everything to Disney legally for KH
Those things are a reason as of why they rarely does Cross-Over with other products or heck, between their own things-

KH was the first time FF characters meet each others, that was a big deal, and we had to wait until Dissidia for this to happens and not be "special" anymore.
So yeah, I believe there is probably a tons of Licencing nightmare behind the scene that we probably don't know beside the publicly known

Untouch

Smash Master
I really don't understand fake leaks like this?
Where oh where would a leaker get this picture? From some database of all the banner pictures? Is he the editor for the direct? That wouldn't be conspicuous at all!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll just say this...
Why no one realized that he ****ed up the photoshop where Olimar is giving him three arms?

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
I feel like if they had said Incineroar instead of Reimu, people would be somewhat more inclined to believe it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM TO SAY:

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS LEAK! IT'S A FAKE LEAKER LOOKING FOR ATTENTION. PLEASE DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE IT AFTER THIS POST.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like if they had said Incineroar instead of Reimu, people would be somewhat more inclined to believe it.
Not really no.

We already got confirmation from the Jeuxvideo staff that the original Jeuxvideo leak was a hoax, no reason to believe this one either.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>Elma AND BWD as Assist Trophies

Please be fake please be fake PLEASE BE FAKE

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
We already discussed this one. It's worth keeping tabs on, but Reimu and a sharp lack of Incineroar kinda kills it.
Yeah, it's probably not fully true, but not knowing too much adds credibility, I mean he knew about Ken but not Isabelle. He doesn't know anything...Sounds like Vergeben 2.0 if you ask me.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Not really no.

We already got confirmation from the Jeuxvideo staff that the original Jeuxvideo leak was a hoax, no reason to believe this one either.
Well, I didn't really hear a lot about this one in the first place, so I guess that's that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Could someone make a list of everything that Jon from Gamexplain had predicted and is currently predicting right now?

It would be a nice reference to use, as someone that did not pay much attention to Jon until now.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Oh boy, we are gonna have SOO many accounts in this thread that have create solely to trick our minds into believing their obviously fake leaks.

This is going to be a bumpy ride...

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ah yes, how could I forget about the horribly fake leaks posted in the leak thread?

Keep calm and carry on everyone.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... we got another troll huh? Pretty sure this happened yesterday...
What if it's the same guy with a new account? Both of these guys mentioned Sora so...

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Peter here with some news about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I know a guy who works high up at Nintendo. He told me that there is going to be a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate direct on 11.1.2018 at 7 a.m. Pacific Time and it will be 26 minutes long. Here is what I heard from him.
#1 – Incineroar is revealed as a new fighter
#2 – More Pokémon
Toxapex
Salandit
Toucannon
Mudsdale
Shiinotic
Oranguru
Lycanroc Midday Form
Lycanroc Midnight Form
Alolan Marowak
Sandygast
Tsareena
Pinsir
Chansey
Jangmo-o
Primarina
Decidueye
Alolan Geodude
Komala
Aerodactyl
Moltres
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
#3 – More Assist Trophies
Elma
Magnus
Saki Amamiya
Nightmare
Pom Pom
Infantry and Tanks
Dillon
Chain Chomp
Phosphora
Bandana Waddle Dee
Jill
Tingle
Shantae
#4 – Ken is revealed as a new echo fighter
#5 – All Star
#6 - Events
#7 – Break the Targets
#8 – Target Blast
#9 – Home Run Contest
#10 – Multi Man Smash
#11 – Online Battles
#12 – Spirits (brand new story mode)
#13 – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Bundle
#14 – Sora is revealed as a new fighter for DLC in 2019
Damn Pom Pom from Homestar Runner is an assist trophy?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Great, now we have to deal with trolls and their fake leaks on this thread. I thought that we have already deal with some guy yesterday, now this jsut happened? I'm going to ignore it and future fake leaks.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Clouds are randomly generated. Stop using Pac-Man as an example please.
"Clouds are randomly generated." does not counter my argument. At all. My point stands. I just said "extremely cryptic hints by Sakurai are not 100% impossible, like everyone seems to always argue, they just can never be proven either way".

I used the clouds as an example because guess what? Just because clouds are usually generated randomly doesn't mean it's impossible to edit them and add a shape into them afterwards. If they really wanted to add a Pac-Man cloud, they could and that's all I was saying. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it's impossible. And if you really don't like this example, use the barrel and ladder from E3 Direct, I dunno. It's not even relevant to my point.

Why does this always happen? I post something, someone "counters" with something that doesn't even counter my point and then that gets likes. It's frustrating me more than it should.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
"Clouds are randomly generated." does not counter my argument. At all. My point stands. I just said "extremely cryptic hints by Sakurai are not 100% impossible, like everyone seems to always argue, they just can never be proven either way".

I used the clouds as an example because guess what? Just because clouds are usually generated randomly doesn't mean it's impossible to edit them and add a shape into them afterwards. If they really wanted to add a Pac-Man cloud, they could and that's all I was saying. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't it's impossible. And if you really don't like this example, use the barrel and ladder from E3 Direct, I dunno. It's not even relevant to my point.

Why does this always happen? I post something, someone "counters" with something that doesn't even counter my point and then that gets likes.
You're...getting a bit hostile. I was not trying to counter your argument?
I was simply trying to state I disagreed with one specific example and gave a reason as to why.

There's a reason I didn't comment on the rest of your post, it's because I felt your usage of one, specific example, was not relevant to the rest of your point. So please don't attack me for doing this simply because you had faulty logic in one specific example that I corrected you on because you shouldn't use said example in the future for your point to be taken seriously.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

I used the clouds as an example because guess what? Just because clouds are usually generated randomly doesn't mean it's impossible to edit them and add a shape into them afterwards. If they really wanted to add a Pac-Man cloud, they could and that's all I was saying. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't it's impossible. And if you really don't like this example, use the barrel and ladder from E3 Direct, I dunno. It's not even relevant to my point.

Why does this always happen? I post something, someone "counters" with something that doesn't even counter my point and then that gets likes.
Dude, stop. No need to push the "pacman was foreshadowed because of some cloud!!" argument, you are making it so hard for us to discussing something other than that cloud ****.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I used the clouds as an example because guess what? Just because clouds are usually generated randomly doesn't mean it's impossible to edit them and add a shape into them afterwards. If they really wanted to add a Pac-Man cloud, they could and that's all I was saying. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it's impossible. And if you really don't like this example, use the barrel and ladder from E3 Direct, I dunno. It's not even relevant to my point.

Why does this always happen? I post something, someone "counters" with something that doesn't even counter my point and then that gets likes. It's frustrating me more than it should.
2290115.png

The reason he got likes is because his argument isn't derived from patterns that don't exist.

No, Ridley or Pac-Man were not in the clouds. No, the chairs do not mean anything.

Additionally, your hostile nature doesn't help anything. If you need to take a step back and cool down please do so. We won't get anywhere by screaming and being passive aggressive at one another.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah yes. Eldrich, my favorite character.

When I say Dragon Quest is iconic, I mean it's iconic in the regards that it's been with Nintendo since the NES, just like Castlevania. You can't compare a classic retro series like Dragon Quest to Phoenix Wright. It's apples to oranges. And yes we can use it to justify a character because it's happened at least twice with Megaman and Simon Belmont. Pit as well.

Also, "Sakurai bias" is more of an opinion than anything. Many people likely didn't even buy the Mii Costume, instead buying the actual characters. I can assure you casual Smash fans have no clue who he is, and while him being in Smash Ultimate would certainly bring him into the public eye, if this game is truly about fan service as you say, it would make more sense to use established, overall popular characters, which Geno just isn't.

Maybe this is just me spitballing, but maybe the Geno Mii Costume was a test to see how many people would support Geno in Smash. What if it didn't do as well as we thought it did?

There is reason to believe that Sora and/or Erdrick are as likely as Geno. We don't assume in this house.
See that’s the thing. We can go back and forth but the truth is, Geno and Sora have a lot of merit to warrant their inclusion. That mii costume was a big seller from the looks of things and regardless of neither of us can definitely prove one rep is above the other. If we don’t assume than we can’t assume that anyone has more merit then the other.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Hello, peeps.

On that Shadow pic, Olimar had three arms, and part of LIttle Mac's glove was still on Ike. Ike himself just looks like a mess. Very much 'shopped, imo.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
John from Spawn Wave says he's heard that a Minecraft stage is happening at the very least.
Hm... I think if what john said is true... so we can have minecraft stage as one of five unrevealed stages. But I imagine that some fans will be pleased with no character from minecraft because they hate the idea of steve being in smash.

Adding to this, John, has joined Vergeben, Hitagi and Masterofhyrule in saying that there will be another Square character in the game.
NANI?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom