• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
It would make more sense to have Sora as DLC. Third parties get a cut of the game’s profits and if they’re DLC, Nintendo doesn’t have to share too much. Pretty sure that’s why Cloud and Ryu were DLC for Smash 4.

EDIT: I should include that with Cloud in, Sqenix is already getting money so Geno wouldn’t really change anything. Sora is Disney though.
On top of that, something that many people seem to underestimate is the importance of the sales potential of any given DLC character. If you look at the Smash 3DS/Wii U DLC, all of those characters (with the possible exception of Corrin) were guaranteed to sell well among the general fanbase. If you just think about the possibility of Geno as DLC, then think about the possibility of Sora as DLC, and honestly ask yourself which would sell more across all segments of the SSB community, Sora is the obvious winner of the comparison. So between Geno requiring few further negotiations for the base game and Sora being much more profitable as DLC, if only one of the two is going to be DLC, it will almost certainly be DLC.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, but my point is that if he were to get a SE rep, it'd probably be Geno.
I don't think anything really points to that tbh

Everything points to the likely attempt at adding him but I'm not terribly sure if the attempt is likely to have been successful.

EDIT: Mind you, this is coming from someone who has double- and triple- downed on his appearance in an upcoming direct. But that isn't particularly based on anything.

Last edited:

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I agree that it makes sense for a Square rep to be a much bigger reveal than Geno.
However, the idea of Sora bringing in DLC money by the truckloads is hard to ignore.
That wouldn't explain a lot of the secrecy around the Square rep though, so I'm betting on Sora.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Also, I don't think Square is as stingy as some people seem to let on.
Ahahaha.

Sorry, I never heard that kind of joke for a while. Trust me, they are very stingy with their property...Especially if Sakurai himself consider Cloud inclusion as a Miracle.
However, they seems to get a weaker grip recently, so...Yaaay?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ahahaha.

Sorry, I never heard that kind of joke for a while. Trust me, they are very stingy with their property...Especially if Sakurai himself consider Cloud inclusion as a Miracle.
Can you explain to me how they're so stingy?
Have always seen contrasting views on this.

I agree that it makes sense for a Square rep to be a much bigger reveal than Geno.
However, the idea of Sora bringing in DLC money by the truckloads is hard to ignore.
That wouldn't explain a lot of the secrecy around the Square rep though, so I'm betting on Sora.
I mean for the core Smash fanbase Geno would be a MASSIVE reveal.
K. Rool likely wasn't a large reveal for casuals for instance.
But I understand your point, it's valid.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
What’s amusing to me about all of this is that as far as I can tell throughout the many leaks going around right now-

Nobody knows for certain what’s in store for the next 12 weeks.

Of course we have slips through the cracks like Ken, Steve, Geno/Sora and Incineroar among other things, but if you ask me Nintendo’s done it. People are legitimately in the dark over what the final launch game will contain and that’s amazing considering how the previous games got spilled.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ahahaha.

I don't know, that's just the impression I got from one of the interviews with Sakurai and Nomura.

I know Nomura seemed to wonder why Sakurai wanted a character from an old game. FF's lack of music also seems to be because of the composer and his legal stuffs moreso than Square themselves.

But, I didn't really research outside that interview and what I heard :p

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What’s amusing to me about all of this is that as far as I can tell throughout the many leaks going around right now-

Of course we have slips through the cracks like Ken, Steve, Geno/Sora and Incineroar among other things, but if you ask me Nintendo’s done it. People are legitimately in the dark over what the final launch game will contain and that’s amazing considering how the previous games got spilled.
If you believe in the Box Theory, the characters have been spilled.

If you don't it's a wasteland for 12 weeks of confusion, speculation, and bets.

Oh and also the modes and trophies. Characters aren't all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

And I like that, tbh
My best case scenario is that Nintendo actually beats the leakers to the punch
I don't mind waiting a few months. It only feels longer than it should because we're waiting around for the next "potential news" instead of doing anything productive.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I didn’t even notice the lack of incineroar

Welp, idk if you guys remember the October 6th “leak”, there’s an update to that as well: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432575843/
Obviously a pipe dream, plus no reveal trailer has ever crossed series with newcomers before, but dang just throw in Chorus Kids and this would be the perfect roster for base

And that’s about all I can find for leaks on fireden for now
That would be one mother of a direct. That is all way to perfect to be true and boy do I wish it was.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Can you explain to me how they're so stingy?
Have always seen contrasting views on this.

I mean for the core Smash fanbase Geno would be a MASSIVE reveal.
K. Rool likely wasn't a large reveal for casuals for instance.
But I understand your point, it's valid.
K. Rool was a pretty big reveal for casuals because Donkey Kong Country was a huge series when he was in it, so people know who he was when he showed up because they'd played the games. Geno wouldn't have this as much as he's only appeared once on the SNES compared to K. Rool who also prominently appeared on the Nintendo 64, Gameboy, and (arguably) the Gamecube.
So this has appeared
Pretty sure that's the shadow render from the Agnés leak, or a similar one.

Ike's sword is right behind him, which is just bad placement.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't wanna pit Sora and Geno against each other, But I will say this.

Geno is locked up in Square's basement.

Sora is locked up deep in the Disney vault covered in locks, chains, rope and whatever else the Mouse could find, being guarded by 1000 soldiers, snipers, princesses and a three headed hell hound with Goofy's face.

It's certainly possible, but Sakurai would have to jump a lot of hurdles.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
K. Rool was a pretty big reveal for casuals because Donkey Kong Country was a huge series when he was in it, so people know who he was when he showed up because they'd played the games. Geno wouldn't have this as much as he's only appeared once on the SNES compared to K. Rool who also prominently appeared on the Nintendo 64, Gameboy, and (arguably) the Gamecube.

Pretty sure that's the shadow render from the Agnés leak, or a similar one.

Ike's sword is right behind him, which is just bad placement.
I can get with this POV. Thanks.
But I stand by my point that many casuals-as in the younger crowd who likely got their start with the Wii-would have no attachment to the guy.
But I guess you can say this about many characters.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I’ve been looking at Ken’s face in the leak. It seemed really off me. I’m not saying it’s fake (it’s almost definitley real), but something about that face reminded me of something.

995699E6-86F2-4E41-B712-E5864D59AD6E.jpeg

Then it hit me.

D8A069F7-892D-47CD-BE7C-90E12030C682.jpeg

He looks like the dad of the baby from Ice Age.

tveye

Smash Journeyman

Sora is locked up deep in the Disney vault covered in locks, chains, rope and whatever else the Mouse could find, being guarded by 1000 soldiers, snipers, princesses and a three headed hell hound with Goofy's face.

Disney has said in the past that they’re open to Sora in Smash Bros. Basically, they mentioned that as long as Nomura was okay with it, then Sakurai would have free reign.

Chrono.

So let me get this straight, this Jon guy's always bought up Shadow but we dismissed it?
Yes... and no.

The first thing is that it wasn't until really recently that Jon was in our radar mostly because he slipped up a little bit regarding those FF ports and unique Isabelle. I listen to their weekly Smash discussions and do remember him either bringing up Shadow as a very likely echo or agreeing with the others about him.

I still think it's a little silly to analyze every little thing he says because he mixes leaks with real speculation, leaving us with not much to go on other than hope for the best.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

You decide....
But shouldn't there empty spot for shadow to reside in? And the fact that he looks like in fanart and very photoshopped, also this got posted on 4chan where we also saw Ken Leak which is legit. But don't be surprised by this photo, so we have to analysis it.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

What if the SE rep is neither Geno nor Sora? Who would have less hurdles than those two...? Agnès? Neku? 2B? Someone from DQ? Hell, if they really wanna go out there, someone from Star Ocean?

(Haha...I wish for Star Ocean :c )

RandomAce

Smash Champion

You decide....
Shadow sticks out like a Soren thumb.

Why is he facing the opposite direction of everyone else? Why is he just placed on top of Lucario and Ike?

The artwork also looks to be of lower quality than the other characters as well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I’ve been looking at Ken’s face in the leak. It seemed really off me. I’m not saying it’s fake (it’s almost definitley real), but something about that face reminded me of something.

View attachment 166122

Then it hit me.

View attachment 166125

How dare you, you know I ****ing love the original Ice Age

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

View attachment 166122

Then it hit me.

View attachment 166125

ABSOLUTE LOCK

Yes... and no.

The first thing is that it wasn't until really recently that Jon was in our radar mostly because he slipped up a little bit regarding those FF ports and unique Isabelle. I listen to their weekly Smash discussions and do remember him either bringing up Shadow as a very likely echo or agreeing with the others about him.

I still think it's a little silly to analyze every little thing he says because he mixes leaks with real speculation, leaving us with not much to go on other than hope for the best.
Hoping he's leaking Shadow here. I miss seeing my boy in every leak, as tedious as it got.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
1537655554502.png

He's just plastered in front of everyone EXCEPT Mr. Saturn.

Also:
1537655630655.png
1537655612649.png

This may just be me being nitpicky but to me those hands just don't look like they fit.
The shading is flat.
1537655777187.png

The doc's gloves. They're more in the background than Shadow supposedly is, but the point is that the shading isn't flat.

1537655706501.png

It also implies they didn't bother moving anyone for Shadow specifically. What really seems to have happened is that this person didn't realize they shove people over to make room when they add a new person to the mural, so they just found an "empty looking spot".

Bonus:
1537655962788.png

Just compare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom