• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Meme status aside, I think Reimu is definitely in the large pool of characters possible this time around. Touhou is the very definition of an indie series, with all of it being done by a single guy. Also, it's absolutely massive in Japan, with it having it's own section dedicated to it at Comiket, the largest Japanese fan convention.
If god damn Lara is allowed to be speculated because "gaming icon" I can sure as hell speculate the eventual inclusion of 2hus into smash. Reimu would 100% be bayonetta levels of broken tho lmao. Basically whatever decidueye would have been turned up to max and then beyond that.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Meant to put predictions in "'s.

This dude has insider information. I'd be shocked if it were otherwise.
While some of his predictions were eerily correct, I'm pretty sure that if he did have insider information, he would not be able to talk about it, even when making "guesses". I've seen many instances with people in the media going into speculation, often they would say there are things that they know, but they couldn't address so they would avoid even mentioning that information in their speculations. Not saying it's not possible, but he could also just be a really good guesser.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
While some of his predictions were eerily correct, I'm pretty sure that if he did have insider information, he would not be able to talk about it, even when making "guesses". I've seen many instances with people in the media going into speculation, often they would say there are things that they know, but they couldn't address so they would avoid even mentioning that information in their speculations. Not saying it's not possible, but he could also just be a really good guesser.
If Verge has insider information, then he isn't allowed to talk about it, right?

Except, he clearly is.

I don't doubt that the "insider information" Jon's getting isn't from actual Nintendo higher-ups but simple playtesters like Verge seems to be getting.

Also; his predictions are EXTREMELY eerily correct. Eerily correct is an understatement imo.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Can you please link me this poll?

Personally I feel we can't really just decide that based off of one single poll. There are countless others I can dig up that took place during the Ballot where Geno outplaces Sora every time.

But I am not really aware of what this poll is so please help me out.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/430560897/

There's the second one. The original Reddit thread was taken down, but I can vouch for it. Poll was made up by that crazy Lloyd fan. **** me I guess. The point still stands really. I refer to the Pulse poll of characters expected to be in Smash Bros. then. Sora placed Top 5 there.

Also, of course Geno is going to place better on Ballot-era polls because Smash Bros. fans are the ones filling them out.

Sora fans were filling out the actual ballot. And if the actual ballot results are being used for this game, then it's reasonable for Sakurai to choose Sora, who placed better, over Geno, who he may want more.

Sora also places better on Japanese fan polls, and we all know that Japanese opinions are taken into account than American or European opinions. We typically get one American pick for game, and we already got that with Ridley. All other characters have either been more popular in Japan (Isabelle) or popular overall (K. Rool, Inklings, etc).

But I digress. I think there's a lot of reason to believe that Sora could be our Square Enix rep, and it's the same with a Dragon Quest rep. Just because we want Geno doesn't mean he's the likeliest pick.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

There's the second one. The original Reddit thread was taken down, but I can vouch for it.

Also, of course Geno is going to place better on Ballot-era polls because Smash Bros. fans are the ones filling them out.

Sora fans were filling out the actual ballot.
Um...I'm afraid to say that poll was a fake created by a guy who was obsessed with Lloyd. I read he even made fake leaks with him. It was why that Reddit thread with it was deleted.

It also made me disappointed because Skull Kid was number 1 and yet it was fake :crying:

edit: I mean, people on Reddit said it was fake, no source to the original poll on the site was actually given.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Reminder that the person who said we're getting Steve and a Granblue character also said that the Switch Plus is being announced soon.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

There's the second one. The original Reddit thread was taken down, but I can vouch for it.

Sora fans were filling out the actual ballot.
TPC you didn't tell me this is from 2018. It'll probably be relevant for DLC but absolutely not for the base roster so I'm not sure why it's being bought up. Enlighten me you know I'm an idiot.

Also, that's a big, big assumption. You'd think Geno fans would be filling out the Ballot non-stop as many saw it as his "big chance". Sora fans seem to be more relaxed about it. But again, I'm assuming, too.

But let's not assume that the hardcore fans you're implying would vote less than the Sora fans, yea? Though I'm sure I'm misunderstanding.

Also was this published officially in a magazine or anything? 'Cause I have a big old problem with it if so. But if not it's irrelevant.

Reminder that the person who said we're getting Steve and a Granblue character also said that the Switch Plus is being announced soon.
Which is marketing suicide to do after the Switch has been out...what, a year now?
Some leaks I simply refuse to believe. There are very few of those. Switch Plus is one.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Looks like some of you guys were talking about Sora and Geno, so why not dipping on this whole thing?

there are so many possibles that one of them could be mysterious Square Enix character mentioned by Vergeben, and other FF or Square enix characters that we don't know about.

Sora and others from Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney and Square Enix (Mainly Disney but Square Enix do have say in this matter, Look, what do you expect from me? I'm not lawyer at all) since the game have Mickey Mouse in the game, I imagine that will be hard to get their approval to have Sora in Smash.

On the other hand, Geno. Sure, he's Sakurai's favorite, Sakurai even stated that he wants to put him in smash but in smash 4 we have geno's outfit for Mii fighters. So, if outfit theory (Inklings, Chrom, and King K Rool used to been Mii Outfit back in Smash 4 but they got confirmed as new fighters.) holds true and then we can have Geno in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. But don't hype your expection up, just lower it until vergeben confirms who was mysterious Square Enix rep or from official source.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Looks like some of you guys were talking about Sora and Geno, so why not dipping on this whole thing?

there are so many possibles that one of them could be mysterious Square Enix character mentioned by Vergeben, and other FF or Square enix characters that we don't know about.

Sora and others from Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney since they made a appearance with Mickey Mouse, I imagine that will be hard to get their approval to have Sora in Smash.

On the other hand, Geno. Sure, he's Sakurai's favorite, Sakurai even stated that he wants to put him in smash but in smash 4 we have geno's outfit for Mii fighters. So, if outfit theory (Inklings, Chrom, and King K Rool used to been Mii Outfit back in Smash 4 but they got confirmed as new fighters.) holds true and then we can have Geno in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. But don't hype your expection up, just lower it until vergeben confirms who was mysterious Square Enix rep or from official source.
"Sora and others from Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney since they made a appearance with Mickey Mouse "
This isn't how this works.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Hey so

Remember the Jeuxvideo “leak” a while back? There’s been an update, and OP’s even using a trip code:

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432571184/

...Reimu tho :facepalm: this basically kills it

And it’s a shame, I was hoping for Black Shadow and Isaac
- Ayumi Tachibana, from Famicom Detective Club
- Ninten, from the Mother series
We'll have the ability to choose the design of the Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination stages, between the designs of every Smash game up until now (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, Ultimate). They apparently made a version for each of them with remastered graphics.
As it turns out, "too good to be true" can be applied even to a game that returns every single Smash character and adds god damned Ridley

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Um...I'm afraid to say that poll was a fake created by a guy who was obsessed with Lloyd. I read he even made fake leaks with him. It was why that Reddit thread with it was deleted.

It also made me disappointed because Skull Kid was number 1 and yet it was fake :crying:

edit: I mean, people on Reddit said it was fake, no source to the original poll on the site was actually given.
The poll wasn't fake. Degenki always do these polls.
Maybe those results are fake if I understand, but the fact that Sora was top 5 last time is a reality-

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

It also made me disappointed because Skull Kid was number 1 :crying:
God damnit.

Seriously **** that guy.
TPC you didn't tell me this is from 2018. It'll probably be relevant for DLC but absolutely not for the base roster so I'm not sure why it's being bought up. Enlighten me you know I'm an idiot.

Also, that's a big, big assumption. You'd think Geno fans would be filling out the Ballot non-stop as many saw it as his "big chance". Sora fans seem to be more relaxed about it. But again, I'm assuming, too.

But let's not assume that the hardcore fans you're implying would vote less than the Sora fans, yea? Though I'm sure I'm misunderstanding.

Also was this published officially in a magazine or anything? 'Cause I have a big old problem with it if so. But if not it's irrelevant.

Which is marketing suicide to do after the Switch has been out...what, a year now?
Some leaks I simply refuse to believe. There are very few of those. Switch Plus is one.
I'm the idiot here. I got played like a fiddle.

This argument is built on a lot of assumptions though, you have me there. Call it my personal bias, but I definitely believe it to the case. The serious Smash fanbase and people who wanted the holy trinity were likely using their votes on K. Rool, which paid off. I'm afraid Geno may not have had attention on him until the mii costume was released, at which point it was too late.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
There's one major thing that makes me think that Geno isn't in, Sakurai had an interview where he talks about Geno not getting in and instead getting a costume in 2016. He never talked about K Rool, Isabelle, Inkling or Chrom...
The Ridley interview where he talks about why he didn't make it into Smash 4 was in 2014 which would have been before he started development on Ultimate.
I mean it's not deconfirmation but it's something to think about.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 166108

So much here is just...wrong.

For one, Dragon Quest is a massive series. It is literally the highest selling Japanese series not yet represented in Smash. The entire series has sold 75 million copies, and made a gross revenue of $11.7 billion. That makes it the second highest selling and third highest grossing series for Square Enix (behind Final Fantasy for sales, and Final Fantasy and ****ing Space Invaders for revenue). It's popular enough that there's a rumor in Japan that the Japanese parliament made it illegal to release Dragon Quest games on a weekday due to how many people would call in "sick." How many games are popular enough have real world urban legends about them?

I assume the Square statement you're referring to is actually HMK's interview of a Disney Executive, which is detailed here. People such as @PlayerOneTyler, who literally worked on Disney Infinity, which had the Keyblade as an item, have also corroborated this information. The process for getting Sora in Smash or to use Kingdom Hearts in other media is:
  • Go to Normura and get approval from him because he's the series creator
  • Go to Disney and say you got approval, do actual negotiations
  • Work alongside Disney to ensure all Kingdom Hearts content is true to the source material
Also, Disney owns all of original characters in Kingdom Hearts. That is a fact.

Also, while Geno has always placed well in ballots, he has never as high as K. Rool or Ridley. @KMDP can show you that Geno doesn't even crack the Top 10 in terms of supporters for a character in Smash. Support for him largely died down during Sm4sh speculation, and he didn't become a common pick until Ridley and K. Rool were confirmed.

This is a list of characters who placed in the top 10 of a massive Nintendo fan poll in Japan. As you can see, Geno is ranked #9, below many other characters. While Sakurai did say he wanted him in Brawl and Sm4sh, we don't know if he changed his mind and went for a larger series again like he did for Cloud.

Also, Square owns the rights to all original characters and content in Super Mario RPG, so for all intents and purposes Geno is a third party character.

There is more than enough reason to believe that Sora or Erdrick would be the mystery Square Enix rep over Geno, especially because they would be absolutely massive reveals. If Steve and one of those two (particularly Sora) were to be revealed in the final Smash Bros. Direct, it could very well break the internet.
Oh I’m not saying DQ is a poor seller, just that it has little to no smash support. The main name thrown out there is slime, and let’s be honest that isn’t happening.

Now:
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/06/10/mega-smash-poll-switch-results/

As you can see here, Sora and Geno are pretty close with Geno just winning out. Now do you see any other square rep here? No because dragon quest just hasn’t gotten the smash support. Sales don’t mattter, Sora and Geno overshadow DQ.

Also I doubt Sakurai would go out of his way for a bigger franchise requiring more negotiations when Geno is easy and a constant request. And google Geno in smash, you’ll always see him alongside Ridley and K. Rool. He is way bigger then you may think.

Geno and Sora are the biggest square reveals and would be more hype worthy to smash fans and fans of the series they come from. A DQ rep is plausible but I still believe Geno and Sora would be more hype worthy and more secured than a DQ rep. Of course I could be wrong, but looking over the years of smash speculation and sakurais thought process, Geno and sora make the most sense.

I still believe it’s geno but I’d be just as hyped for Sora. Geno May have lost some following pre ballot but once that hit the internet went nuts to vote for him. It could go either way and regardless I’ll be happy if it’s sora or Geno.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Sora and others from Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney and Square Enix (Mainly Disney but Square Enix do have say in this matter, Look, what do you expect from me? I'm not lawyer at all) since the game have Mickey Mouse in the game, I imagine that will be hard to get their approval to have Sora in Smash.

2290115.png

Refer to HMK's interview with a Disney executive.

Here's a video about it too:

Sora has a good chance of being the SE rep.
Oh I’m not saying DQ is a poor seller, just that it has little to no smash support. The main name thrown out there is slime, and let’s be honest that isn’t happening.

Now:
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/06/10/mega-smash-poll-switch-results/

As you can see here, Sora and Geno are pretty close with Geno just winning out. Now do you see any other square rep here? No because dragon quest just hasn’t gotten the smash support. Sales don’t mattter, Sora and Geno overshadow DQ.

Also I doubt Sakurai would go out of his way for a bigger franchise requiring more negotiations when Geno is easy and a constant request. And google Geno in smash, you’ll always see him alongside Ridley and K. Rool. He is way bigger then you may think.

Geno and Sora are the biggest square reveals and would be more hype worthy to smash fans and fans of the series they come from. A DQ rep is plausible but I still believe Geno and Sora would be more hype worthy and more secured than a DQ rep. Of course I could be wrong, but looking over the years of smash speculation and sakurais thought process, Geno and sora make the most sense.

I still believe it’s geno but I’d be just as hyped for Sora. Geno May have lost some following pre ballot but once that hit the internet went nuts to vote for him. It could go either way and regardless I’ll be happy if it’s sora or Geno.
Who else had little to no Smash support? Simon Belmont. Especially since everyone was more focused on getting Snake back than anything else. But, since it's an iconic series and has close ties with Nintendo, Simon got in. What other series is iconic and has close ties with Nintendo? Dragon Quest.

Also, do you seriously think Sakurai would go the easy route for a fan requested character? I hate to pull the "Sakurai always does this argument," but this guy is all about giving us the hypest, most impossible characters. Sora is one of those. Geno would cause a lot of people to go, "who?" Sora would cause a lot of people to flip the **** out because how did Sakurai convince Disney to let him in?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The poll wasn't fake. Degenki always do these polls.
Maybe those results are fake if I understand, but the fact that Sora was top 5 last time is a reality-
idk after reading through the thread's comments back when it was still current, I assumed the Lloyd guy may have faked the image. I assume the thread's OP deleted it after people in the comments alerted him. I was joyous with Skull Kid being #1, but then I saw these comments, leading to my disappointment.

Maybe he just put Lloyd in 3rd? idk, but I don't know what the original link was. Do they keep the results on their site? I tried to go there once, but I don't understand Japanese.

edit: I mean, I'm not denying Sora, I believe that. I'm talking in regards to the poll's image on Reddit that was deleted. I'm sorry if that's not what you meant :p

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
God-damnit.

Seriously **** that guy.

This argument is built on a lot of assumptions though, you have me there. Call it my personal bias, but I definitely believe it to the case. The serious Smash fanbase and people who wanted the holy trinity were likely using their votes on K. Rool, which paid off. I'm afraid Geno may not have had attention on him until the mii costume was released, at which point it was too late.
You're not an idiot. Gets tough to team carry the stupid leak fans, bro, as you've done for years :)

I do feel even less people would've voted Sora is the thing. Let me explain in my own biased way.
-The Ballot was seen by many as Geno's big chance. After all this time, Geno had a huge fan presence, shown by his consistent placement in the top 10's of fanpolls (I do feel these are decent measures to how the Ballot actually was, sue me lmao)
-The fact that he got that Mii Costume at all. If Sora placed higher you'd think he'd have gotten a costume, no? But I'm sure this is the more idiotic one of my points.
-Sora is a gaming icon, and doesn't even need the push Geno would require. Can't help but feel Sora fans knew that-but that's a big assumption. However, it's obvious to me that the Geno turn-out would've been massive as he REQUIRES fan demand to get in the game in the first place.

But hey, it's Sora, I could always be wrong.
Thoughts on that Squenix guy who tweeted "Yes!" to Sora a few days back?

There's one major thing that makes me think that Geno isn't in, Sakurai had an interview where he talks about Geno not getting in and instead getting a costume in 2016. He never talked about K Rool, Isabelle, Inkling or Chrom...
The Ridley interview where he talks about why he didn't make it into Smash 4 was in 2014 which would have been before he started development on Ultimate.
I mean it's not deconfirmation but it's something to think about.
I don't understand what you mean by this?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hey so

Remember the Jeuxvideo “leak” a while back? There’s been an update, and OP’s even using a trip code:

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432571184/

...Reimu tho :facepalm: this basically kills it

And it’s a shame, I was hoping for Black Shadow and Isaac
This leak got a lot of things correct. It got Simon, Richter, K. Rool, Chrom, and most likely Ken correct. He also said that Dracula was going to be a boss and correctly predicted the stage morph feature. Considering that this leak claims that there are 8 more characters (Ken, Black Shadow, Isaac, Ayumi, Medusa, Ninten, and Skull Kid) it lines up perfectly with the blog theory.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
i think sora is more likely than geno, but in his defense, sakurai definitely said he's been aware and interested of him during at least pre brawl/brawl era, while the 2015 ballot is reflective of more modern opinion and is certainly gonna be weighted more, I think the brawl era of popularity would be recalled when considering if to include the character or not.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This leak got a lot of things correct. It got Simon, Richter, K. Rool, Chrom, and most likely Ken correct. He also said that Dracula was going to be a boss and correctly predicted the stage morph feature.
"This leak" was also edited big time and was not posted before the Direct. Don't spread complete misinformation.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
The JV "leak" was fake, a mod confirmed that they typed a bunch of spam and gibberish to get banned then edited the message with inspect element.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Thoughts on that Squenix guy who tweeted "Yes!" to Sora a few days back?
The guy who tweeted "Yes!" is KH co-creator.
While this Tweet probably ABSOLUTELY mean jack-**** he's infamous for doing slip of tongue more than once... Like Confirming the Frozen World in KHIII a year before the public reveal at E3 before backtracking in panic, or the PS4 version of FFVII and hinted at the FFVII Remake.

So...yeaaaaaaah.

Don't take it as confirmation, just think of it as a support.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I didn’t even notice the lack of incineroar

Welp, idk if you guys remember the October 6th “leak”, there’s an update to that as well: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432575843/
Obviously a pipe dream, plus no reveal trailer has ever crossed series with newcomers before, but dang just throw in Chorus Kids and this would be the perfect roster for base

And that’s about all I can find for leaks on fireden for now
God, that would be the absolute most hype Direct ever. It sounds too good to be true but man.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I think the point of the jeux video guy returning has been missed, he claims the mods lied about it being faked because they get leaks before and dont want to be asscociated with leakers. He has "proof" of this, but I'm too dumb and lazy to verify this, I think we got the point when he said ayumi and reimu were in so I cant be bothered.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The JV "leak" was fake, a mod confirmed that they typed a bunch of spam and gibberish to get banned then edited the message with inspect element.
Inspect element was not used on the JV leak. That is completely false, and is one of the reasons it remains a mystery. The leak was also posted before the Direct, which is why the thread was bumped.

I'm going to drop the Sora debate for now, but I would like to implore everyone to believe that he and Erdrick are just as, if not more likely than Geno.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
God damnit.

Seriously **** that guy.

Nah, you linked the wrong poll because I don't recognize the one you linked. I remember the one you posted with Sora and Spring Man on it. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
While this Tweet probably ABSOLUTELY mean jack-**** he's infamous for doing slip of tongue more than once... Like Confirming the Frozen World in KHIII a year before the public reveal at E3 before backtracking in panic, or the PS4 version of FFVII and hinted at the FFVII Remake.

So...yeaaaaaaah.

On the other hand I'm taking it as anything but support.
Tweeting this 2 months before the game releases-and likely a month or so before Sora's reveal-is a bit bigger than revealing a simple, obvious Frozen World in KHII long before.

Here's the thing. Those are both SQUENIX projects. Smash is NINTENDO. The amount of internal hell this would cause is immeasurable, from what I understand. I don't know all about NDA's but I know this is a good way to break one.

Inspect element was not used on the JV leak. That is completely false, and is one of the reasons it remains a mystery. The leak was also posted before the Direct, which is why the thread was bumped.

I'm going to drop the Sora debate for now, but I would like to implore everyone to believe that he and Erdrick are just as, if not more likely than Geno.
I'll believe this simply to stomp my own hopes for Geno into the ground. Thanks for the debate, always fun TPC.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

So...yeaaaaaaah.

I'd say it's a neutral point more than anything, but I wouldn't take it to mean anything.
I didn’t even notice the lack of incineroar

Welp, idk if you guys remember the October 6th “leak”, there’s an update to that as well: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432575843/
Obviously a pipe dream, plus no reveal trailer has ever crossed series with newcomers before, but dang just throw in Chorus Kids and this would be the perfect roster for base

And that’s about all I can find for leaks on fireden for now
Sweet mother of fanservice.

How would Sakurai and the team even go from there? Like, at that point I'd call it quits because that's a near perfect roster. If someone told me this were the roster with DLC I'd believe them, but for base game? No way this is happening.
On the other hand I'm taking it as anything but support.
Tweeting this 2 months before the game releases-and likely a month or so before Sora's reveal-is a bit bigger than revealing a simple, obvious Frozen World in KHII long before.

Here's the thing. Those are both SQUENIX projects. Smash is NINTENDO. The amount of internal hell this would cause is immeasurable, from what I understand. I don't know all about NDA's but I know this is a good way to break one.

I'll believe this simply to stomp my own hopes for Geno into the ground. Thanks for the debate, always fun TPC.
Anytime man. I always enjoy a good internet debate. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyne giving the JeuxVideo fake leak guy even a thought is just wasting their time. I'd rather believe the forum's own admins rather than some dude who got banned

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
don't take this post too seriously but to have the TITANIUM balls to go against vergeben at this point in time half makes me interested in the juexvideo guy lmao. As I said not serious but thank god we have some people with the courage to make a stand against the one who makes all fake leaks really boring atm.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yeah, when has Sakurai ever hinted at a character that was coming down the line?
That's not a cryptic hint. That is a blatant in your face reference. Not at all comparable to looking at furniture in the background or what music is being released on the site.

Sakurai would never give hints that cryptic.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He has been doing this for a long time now. Back before Mario Tennis Aces was revealed he made a post saying "This Direct is going to be Aces", before the Captain Toad Switch port got revealed he posted a picture of a Captain Toad plush with a Switch, and he was the first to insinuate Ridley being in Smash with his "Man all this speculation is too big" "So big" posts before the new Smash was announced, while he later clarified in PMs that he had a source that told him about the new Smash with Inklings and Ridley as characters. This goes beyond being a "master speculator" or having information for just one Direct.
Was he the one who also posted on ResetEra with those Ridley hints, did he post the Captain Toad stuff on that site too?

If he is that exact guy, then I am definitely keeping an eye on him then.

Though I gotta be honest, I kinda dislike the way he is sharing this rumored information. Maybe it is cause he is gonna use that information for prediction bragging rights even though those predictions are not really an earned win. Whatever. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 166117

Refer to HMK's interview with a Disney executive.

Here's a video about it too:

Sora has a good chance of being the SE rep.

Who else had little to no Smash support? Simon Belmont. Especially since everyone was more focused on getting Snake back than anything else. But, since it's an iconic series and has close ties with Nintendo, Simon got in. What other series is iconic and has close ties with Nintendo? Dragon Quest.

Also, do you seriously think Sakurai would go the easy route for a fan requested character? I hate to pull the "Sakurai always does this argument," but this guy is all about giving us the hypest, most impossible characters. Sora is one of those. Geno would cause a lot of people to go, "who?" Sora would cause a lot of people to flip the **** out because how did Sakurai convince Disney to let him in?
Simon is a weird one. He had a lot of support but it was a community without as much vocal outbursts like the other characters.

And my reason for Sakurai possibly choosing Geno isn’t just an easy way. We may assume Geno would get a lot of who replies, but would he?

Everyone who’s a core smash fan knows Geno, and Casual players likely don’t care enough as it be a cool af character once they see his move set. Not to mention the mii costume also shows people who he is.

As for Eldrich yeah the franchise is close to Nintendo but if we go by that logic, where’s Phoenix Wright? His games were basically Nintendo exclusives and he’s got a fair following. The truth is he’s not in(yet). So we can use that to justify a character.

This game is all about fan service. Combine sakurais bias with this and we can easily get Geno or Sora. Both are shock characters and would bring a lot of hype to different fanbases so it can go either way.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
He has been doing this for a long time now. Back before Mario Tennis Aces was revealed he made a post saying "This Direct is going to be Aces", before the Captain Toad Switch port got revealed he posted a picture of a Captain Toad plush with a Switch, and he was the first to insinuate Ridley being in Smash with his "Man all this speculation is too big" "So big" posts before the new Smash was announced, while he later clarified in PMs that he had a source that told him about the new Smash with Inklings and Ridley as characters. This goes beyond being a "master speculator" or having information for just one Direct.
Interesting, if this guy is really lucky or knows some stuffs about games back in previous direct. When was this, and have he said anything else since then after Smash reveal at E3?

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Anyne giving the JeuxVideo fake leak guy even a thought is just wasting their time. I'd rather believe the forum's own admins rather than some dude who got banned
And you would be correct

Because

In Jeuxvideo.com

And trust me I am a French guy, this website is full of **** on an inhuman level.

Last edited:

Kurobii

Smash Rookie

So...yeaaaaaaah.

Wait, wtf

Is he ****ing nuts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom