• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah I noticed that too. Though that being said he did say K.Rool wouldn't show up during the August 8th Smash Direct and guess who showed up at the end...yes he could've been toying with K.Rool fans (like we haven't been through that enough..) and actually knew OR he's just an EXTREMELY lucky guesser.
I honestly think he was fed up faulty information in purpose regarding K.Rool, just like what happened with Vergeben.

Lupensko told Vergeben that there would be no DK Newcomer, and he talked with Loz via PM, only for LOZ to leak the Message in an attempt to make Vergeben lose credibility. I would not be surprised if someone tried the same with Jonneh.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
How exactly was the Prima leak proven false? I see people on Reddit giving the leak consideration, but here you all seem to ignore it now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So... Do you guys think Sora could be the "Square Enix rep" Vergeben is talking about?
its possible, but my money's on Geno.

Both Geno and sora have good enough reasons to be kept tight sealed though.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can someone link me where this Shadow semi-clone came from?

While not a direct leak, Jon from GX has been surprisingly accurate in it's predictions.

Lowkey predicting Ridley the day before Ultimate's reveal, "predicting" Epic Yarn 3ds, and everyone Final Fantasy game in the direct, and a few other things.

His predictions are too on the nose. Not to mention that before E3 Daisy was his joke prediction and he "predicted" Simon.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
its possible, but my money's on Geno.

Both Geno and sora have good enough reasons to be kept tight sealed though.
I personally believe Sora has more reason to be kept sealed tight, since Disney is involved, and they are a legal juggernaut. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it so the Square Enix rep is top secret as they don't want it getting out to the public.

A Dragon Quest rep could be the Square Enix rep for similar reason, as they have Akira Toriyama's designs and the approval of another large Japanese company (I forget which one) to go through.

Geno is completely owned by Square Enix, and is a minor character who's appeared once in a one off title. He's not nearly as big as the above two, nor does he warrant being kept under wraps any more so than Simon, Ridley, or K. Rool.

My money's on Sora, or maybe Erdrick.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So... Do you guys think Sora could be the "Square Enix rep" Vergeben is talking about?
While I was sure at like 99% it was Geno before... The fact that this Characters seems so secretive and the "music theory" going around shooting a tiny bit his chance down since he can only have a new icons...

I'm now thinking it's those Characters in this order:
- Dragon Quest Rep (Erdrick or Eight)
- Geno
- Sora

Sure Geno is a big deal but the fact that it seems that no source around know that guest name or that apparently people's career are on the line make me think there is more possibilities than Geno.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Eh... I suppose. Even in Gamexplain discussions when discussing Smash, they never bring up rumors when discussing stuff, this happened with Simon and Incineroar. But I just do not feel convinced yet.

What do you guys think about the possibility that Jon might have info for just one direct, in a similar fashion to loz and the E3 direct?
He has been doing this for a long time now. Back before Mario Tennis Aces was revealed he made a post saying "This Direct is going to be Aces", before the Captain Toad Switch port got revealed he posted a picture of a Captain Toad plush with a Switch, and he was the first to insinuate Ridley being in Smash with his "Man all this speculation is too big" "So big" posts before the new Smash was announced, while he later clarified in PMs that he had a source that told him about the new Smash with Inklings and Ridley as characters. This goes beyond being a "master speculator" or having information for just one Direct.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sora Technically isn't a Square Rep... He's Owned by Disney... Also I'm still like 90% Certain That The Square Rep is Geno...
Sweet mother of ellipses...

While I would make the same argument in different circumstances, Sakurai still has to go through Square Enix for approval to use Sora, and has to work alongside them and Disney to make sure he stays true to the source material.

Sora could very easily be our SE Rep.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sora Technically isn't a Square Rep... He's Owned by Disney... Also I'm still like 90% Certain That The Square Rep is Geno...
If you want to leak Sora without getting your ass beat by the Mouse's Lawyer what do you do?
Say "Disney-Rep?" Where it's him or ****ing Mickey Mouse?
Or do you say "Square-Rep"? Where there tons of possibilities?

Not to defend Anything since I genuinely believe the source Don't know who it is. But for a tons of people, they don't know that Sora isn't Square, a leaker lambda without the legal knowledge would see him as "that Square guy going in the Disney world"

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Here's my predictions on how leaking is gonna go down. I'm fine with being wrong, but here's what I think.
- The specific individual responsible for leaking Ken will not have anything else to show.
- Vergeben is right, but he doesn't know everything.
- Sometime between now and the end of October, the full roster will be leaked with Ken-level solidity.

cothero

Smash Lord
While I was sure at like 99% it was Geno before... The fact that this Characters seems so secretive and the "music theory" going around shooting a tiny bit his chance down since he can only have a new icons...

- Geno
- Sora

Sure Geno is a big deal but the fact that it seems that no source around know that guest name or that apparently people's career are on the line make me think there is more possibilities than Geno.
Music theory? What's that about?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

While not a direct leak, Jon from GX has been surprisingly accurate in it's predictions.

Lowkey predicting Ridley the day before Ultimate's reveal, "predicting" Epic Yarn 3ds, and everyone Final Fantasy game in the direct, and a few other things.

His predictions are too on the nose. Not to mention that before E3 Daisy was his joke prediction and he "predicted" Simon.
You've got to be careful with Jon's predictions because while he peppers in actual insider knowledge with his guesses, most are still just guesses.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So far, Unique Newcomers get alongside Music from their Series the same weeks as their reveals in the Blogs. This was proved when they pushed back the AC song for Isabelle reveal after the Direct delay and instead gave us a Pikmin song.

However it seems that each series can only have one song revealed so far.
So either Geno have another Icons than a Mushroom from the Mario series.
Or He's not in.
Or the music theory is bull****.

Last edited:

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Here's my predictions on how leaking is gonna go down. I'm fine with being wrong, but here's what I think.
- The specific individual responsible for leaking Ken will not have anything else to show.
- Vergeben is right, but he doesn't know everything.
- Sometime between now and the end of October, the full roster will be leaked with Ken-level solidity.
This seems most likely. It's pretty obvious Vergeben was only aware of bits and pieces of the game.
The basic idea is that each franchise on the Smash Blog only gets one song on the site. Mario already has a song that supposedly can't correlate with Geno.

cothero

Smash Lord
So far, Unique Newcomers get alongside Music from their Series the same weeks as their reveals in the Blogs. This was proved when they pushed back the AC song for Isabelle reveal after the Direct delay and instead gave us a Pikmin song.

However it seems that each series can only have one song revealed so far.
So either Geno have another Icons than a Mushroom from the Mario series.
Or He's not in.
Or the music theory is bull****.
Oooh, i see. Thanks.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This seems most likely. It's pretty obvious Vergeben was only aware of bits and pieces of the game.

The basic idea is that each franchise on the Smash Blog only gets one song on the site. Mario already has a song that supposedly can't correlate with Geno.
To that point, Geno could have his own series icon, considering he is a special case.

Even still, I dunno about that music theory.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Every week a music remix is added to the Smash website. No franchise has 2 Songs on the site yet... And some of them are usually tied with newcomers (Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing both got remixes when K. Rool and Isabelle were revealed respectively) If this is true then that debunks Skull Kid (Zelda has a track up) and Waddle Dee (kirby has a Track up)... Mario has a track up... So Geno is kinda on the line here... But he could easily be seen as a Mario RPG rep instead of a Mario Rep.
Edit: :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I personally believe Sora has more reason to be kept sealed tight, since Disney is involved, and they are a legal juggernaut. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it so the Square Enix rep is top secret as they don't want it getting out to the public.

A Dragon Quest rep could be the Square Enix rep for similar reason, as they have Akira Toriyama's designs and the approval of another large Japanese company (I forget which one) to go through.

Geno is completely owned by Square Enix, and is a minor character who's appeared once in a one off title. He's not nearly as big as the above two, nor does he warrant being kept under wraps any more so than Simon, Ridley, or K. Rool.

My money's on Sora, or maybe Erdrick.
I honestly doubt a DQ rep. Let alone make it be so secretive. DQ has the least amount of requests for a rep for Square, anyone from there would not drive the hype Geno or Sora would.

Also Square themselves said recently that if Sakurai wanted Sora he just had to ask, and that Disney wouldn't need to be involved. Sora would be kept under wraps because despite requests, Sora would be a WTF inclusion to many due to them thinking Disney is a problem.

Geno may have had one appearance. But his requests have never died down and ballot results collected by fans, place him on par with Ridley and K rool as the big 3 that were just dream wants. But now 2 out of 3 of those are in, so it's not hard to say the 3rd is in as well.

Sakurai has wanted Geno for almost every game and know he's popular. He's already got Square in on the project, getting another rep, especially Geno wouldn't be hard.

Unlike with FF, Square and Nintendo own the rights to Mario Rpg, making content and music from it easier to get. Geno could just as easily get in for these reasons.
Not really. Disney owns some of his outfits, and Square own some from what I've read. As stated above, square has stated Disney wouldn't need to get involved so I'd say he's more a square rep then anything else.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I am less inclined to believe the latest rumors outside of what Verge has been able to verify himself (for various reasons, some biased). As such, I treat the Square Enix character as being any of the possibilities. Dragon Quest would be a big series, popular in Japan, to bring in. Sora was really popular during the 2015 ballot days, and so I think Sora is a lot more likely than some believe. However, if I were to guess, I think Geno's most likely for the base game, given Ultimate seems to be bringing in characters that have been heavily requested since Melee, even including splash art for his Mii Costume, and would still fit Verge's claims. I think with Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out, Sora is more likely as DLC, especially if they could start on a Kingdom Hearts III port for the Switch, as they've suggested may be possible after the initial release is over.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only theory I find likely based on the smash site is the one that predicts the character updates.

With over 900 tracks in this game, they don't need to rely on putting up more then one song from a franchise. They probably like the variety it brings and want to showcase the various series tracks.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

- Geno
- Sora

Please explain to me why they went through the absolute hassle of getting a Mii Costume for Geno, which included a Splash screen and his "theme" song, and have Sakurai state he's considered Geno numerous times, but then would just go back completely and pick Sora or a Dragon Quest rep.

I'm trying not to be too confident in Geno. But this just confuses me.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Also, we have Ken now. And there's already music for SF on the Smash site.

So Music Theory has a hole in it now, and I'm glad about that. :V

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Oh my god. This would be an absolute dream.

We've all forgotten about Shadow, at least since the box, so this is very exciting.

Also, we have Ken now. And there's already music for SF on the Smash site.

So Music Theory has a hole in it now, and I'm glad about that. :V
Get ready for "ACTUALLY ECHOES DON'T COUNT" :)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I think it's always incredibly silly to think there are hidden patterns or hints given out by Sakurai and his team. People over analyze things.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh my god. This would be an absolute dream.

We've all forgotten about Shadow, at least since the box, so this is very exciting.

It may not be an actual leak, but with him being right, we should certainly keep it in the back of our minds.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not invested in the music theory, but why would people think echoes counted when, apart from the mass Castlevania drop, there's never been any correlation between their reveals and the music update?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm not invested in the music theory, but why would people think echoes counted when, apart from the mass Castlevania drop, there's never been any correlation between their reveals and the music update?
Because they are still very much newcomers.
It's debatable imo, as to if they count or not. But I despise seeing people state with certainty Echoes don't count for the music theory; as if they're not ALLOWED to count.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Because they are still very much newcomers.
It's debatable imo, as to if they count or not. But I despise seeing people state with certainty Echoes don't count for the music theory; as if they're not ALLOWED to count.
Yeah, but clearly there's a divide in how the non-echoes and echoes are treated, so lumping them all together for theories such as this when there's been proof since the outset that the echoes don't receive all the same bells and whistles (and music) is being willfully ignorant.

If the music theory lived or died by echoes getting a corresponding music track, it wouldn't have gotten past Daisy. Echoes clearly shouldn't be part of the equation here, and if they have been, the people concerning themselves with this theory haven't been paying attention.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, but clearly there's a divide in how the non-echoes and echoes are treated, so lumping them all together for theories such as this when there's been proof since the outset that the echoes don't receive all the same bells and whistles (and music) is being willfully ignorant.

If the music theory lived or died by echoes getting a corresponding music track, it wouldn't have gotten past Daisy. Echoes clearly shouldn't be part of the equation here, and if they have been, the people concerning themselves with this theory haven't been paying attention.
Interesting POV.

I feel that either way, the Music Theory seems to really only "deconfirm" Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, and POSSIBLY Geno. So it interests me how it's really not as huge as it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom