• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I very rarely go to gamefaqs, but iirc most of those come from the same guy and their 500 alt accounts who hates vergeben a lot and wants the prima leak to disprove him real bad.

I wouldn't take much stock in it a guy is just trying to prop its dead body up to own verge.
Game FAQs is filled with negativity and idiocy. Every time I looked there I feel like my brain is rotting.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Game FAQs is filled with negativity and idiocy. Every time I looked there I feel like my brain is rotting.
Kinda makes it curious that you would look there more than once then... :4pacman:
Another point I'd like to bring up is that Sora fighting without Donald and Goofy are NOT against his character at all. This has happened on a number of occasions. In fact, neither of them join his party for the entirety of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.
Exactly. Donald and Goofy are his pals sure but are 110% not essential to his character.
KH has plenty of OCs that they can use instead if they really want to.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm wondering if these leaks could be intentional from Nintendo and Sora Ltd. to create buzz.

Of course, that's conspiracy level, so...

*takes off tinfoil hat*

Yeah okay that's a load of crap, forget what I said.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering if these leaks could be intentional from Nintendo and Sora Ltd. to create buzz.

Of course, that's conspiracy level, so...

*takes off tinfoil hat*

Yeah okay that's a load of crap, forget what I said.
Damn Sakurai been hinting at sora in smash since 2005

Playing the long con right here.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Okay, I hate to ask the obvious, but has anyone DMed Vergeben about this idea? I know he's flooded, but seriously, if everyone assumes he's been contacted already, then there's a chance no one actually did because of assumption.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And another fake leak. Just a text one.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432689271
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate direct dropping 1/11
New characters and echos (obvious, not finalized yet)
Another glance at the bundle which will drop a day later
"test smash"? or a demo dropping a day later
singleplayer mode reveal
pre orders (eShop) will start the day later
Uh- pretty short with information. But really? A smash direct first of October?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Thing is though VergeBen so far had been right on his predictions. They're pretty credible.
Does he like know the whole roster or something, how does he get the information? I'm usually stubborn about believing leaks until proven otherwise but most people say that guy really got the info.

Starting to wonder if I should stop hoping for the one I want or continue to hope for the best for them.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Does he like know the whole roster or something, how does he get the information? I'm usually stubborn about believing leaks until proven otherwise but most people say that guy really got the info.

Starting to wonder if I should stop hoping for the one I want or continue to hope for the best for them.
He didn't know about K. Rool, so while he almost certainly has legitimate info, he clearly doesn't know the whole roster.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
He also didn't know about Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, or Richter. (Well, he did with Richter, but he dismissed it as cameo given the nature of the information he received.) So it's a fair bet that what Verge knows is very incomplete.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
While Sora is looking increasingly plausible (regardless of whether I like that or not), there is no way in heck that he'll bring any other Disney characters with him.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Considering the legal hurdles and possible profit, I really don't think Sora is getting in the base game.

My bet is that he'll be the first DLC.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
I think Crono makes way more sense for a Square Enix rep than Geno. A character from Chrono Trigger, a game made by Square and Enix, before they merged.

But all anyone does is make fake leaks with that Smashified Geno model. People don't even try to differentiate it and act like it's completely new.
It would make sense but as far as I've seen Square's not been giving much love to the series over the years, even their pc release of CT which could've gotten tons of money they scrubbed on launch. This with a comparative lack of demand for him being in smash just squashes my hope for it

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I have to wonder if that leaker with the Ken leak had been caught already because I’m a bit surprised that he didn’t post another picture of Ken or Incineroar.

Also, anyone know how much a 3rd Party character cost for Nintendo to bring to Super Smash Bros? I’m aware the cost on making a character but what’s the money deal to actually bring someone?

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
While Sora is looking increasingly plausible (regardless of whether I like that or not), there is no way in heck that he'll bring any other Disney characters with him.
Even if that is the case, I assure you that everyone who wants Sora in Smash is completely ok with that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's cool dude, I get that you have a huge boner for Sora and Geno, sorry for hampering your expectations lol.
First off, I'm a chick, second off, I literally don't care about Sora in the slightest. Very mature way of responding to my counter-point, really opens my eyes.
Let's be a bit more respectful next time.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't think anything substantial is gonna happen today. I'm not going off of anything here, just my gut.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Hoping for something on the level of Ken this week, even if it's Incineroar. Just want something either unique or unknown design-wise. Luckily, the Ken leak confirms SF4 design or something close to it.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't know what to think about some of these rumors. While all these character sound cool and would make me ecstatic...it all seems too good to be true.

We're two months away from release, with the inevitable game preload making character reveal windows even shorter than that. For me personally, I just don't see there being that many characters left. If all these rumors prove true, then that means there are at least four unique newcomers plus Echos left still waiting to be shown off. The big problem is when do you show them? There is most likely a final Smash Direct left, but even with that characters aren't the only things to go over: We still have things like Spirits, online, and Games & More to cover. While I'm neutral on some of the theories about how many characters are left floating around right now, I do think the mindset that there are only about two uniques left is pretty close to what we're gonna get.

Sora and Steve for base game is a little too out there for me, TBH. Both would be GIGANTIC grabs for the game, and I just don't see us having a ton of 3rd party stuff left. Is it possible? Sure, anything is, but I really don't think we should assume these two are in, especially when there's currently no ironclad proof. All Steve has is a "maybe" from Verge and Sora's situation is, in my opinion, 99% likely to be a misunderstanding. 3rd party content is already a huge legal nightmare to begin with, and with the insane amount of 3rd parties we already have, I just don't see us getting a ton more at this point. Sora especially has a lot of hoops to jump through to make it work, and I don't know if Nintendo is gonna be willing to make it work. Steve IMO is probably the more likely of the two, but even then I still kinda doubt it. It's not that I don't think it would work (Steve would actually fit wonderfully in Smash), it's mainly the timing. Minecraft didn't start getting major Nintendo support until the end of the Wii U's life, which could very well hurt it's chances given when this game's project plan was submitted.

Geno...I'm not gonna lie, this feels like a "K. Rool is a lock for Smash DLC" all over again. I've even been thinking he's a lock these past few months, but in all honesty, I'm not sure that's the best approach to take with Geno. Geno has a following, that much is certain, but they are definitely a smaller, niche following. K. Rool has the benefit of being a part of the DKC series, which was huge back in the day and has had a super successful comeback thanks to Retro Studios. Even if K. Rool han't currently made a comeback in the new games, he still has that benefit of being associated with them. Geno is in a bit of a more tricky situation: Yes, Super Mario RPG is popular and considered a classic, but it still is comparatively a niche game, especially when you consider how long it took for it to hit European markets. Another thing too is unless your were really into the game, most people probably aren't gonna remember Geno. A big red flag for me is the fact that his cameo was removed from the recent Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga remake on 3DS, which to me kinda shows Nintendo isn't interested in hashing out the rights with Square (who are known to be super stingy with their property). Don't get me wrong, I would love to be wrong as I know his inclusion would make a lot of folks happy, but TBH I am a little doubtful it's as certain as some believe it to be.

Of course, these are just simply my silly thoughts on the matter. I very well could be wrong and would love to be, as these characters sound amazing and would bring a ton of hype. Hopefully no matter what happens, people can get something that makes them happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom