• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just to add a thought to this, the font may look different due to the name length. The longer the name, the more you have to shrink it to fit in the box. Geno's name is half the length of Inkling;s, so it'll appear a bit bigger by comparison. And the larger size may cause the font to appear different.

Just a theory...Maybe someone can grab two different character screens to show a difference? Like 'Ken' vs 'Inklings' and see if the 'N' looks different between the two. If my theory is correct, then the N for 'Ken' should look bold by comparison.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of old leaks, the Gardevoir/Gothitelle one is still standing though a lot of non-empirical evidence says otherwise.

Basically, it's standing until either we know what names are used in the code or we see either of them as Pokeball summons.

My higher brain says "no" but my hopes and biases says "heck yes".

I partially hoping for Gardevoir to show up as a Pokeball summon so I can move on.
Wait, are you serious? This thing lives unironically?

Sure.

D

Deleted member

Simon, Richter and Alucard are the only Castlevania characters that were made for the games rather than taken from mythology or literature that are in Smash and even then, the idea of Dracula backwards as a name isn't that original.

Speaking of, Medusa and Hades are also lifted from Greek Mythology, albeit Medusa getting a promotion from cursed mortal to Goddess and Hades definetly being based more of Disney's version that the actual figure of myth.
Actually Alucard is loosely based on Count Alucard from the movie Son of Dracula. Granted it's a very different interpretation, but both characters are still the sons of their respective fathers.

Even if the character is not a 1 to 1 recreation, it's clear that they were inspired by Son of Dracula (not surprising since the early Castlevania games took heavy inspiration from Classic Horror Movies)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 166253
Comparing to a Character with 4 Letters:
View attachment 166252the letters looks off.
You're right, they do. Thanks for making the comparison. Only other answer may be that one's a newer (or older) build compared to the other, but I doubt the font would change between builds.

Oh, nevermind. The older builds had character portraits cut outside their little diamond. Both these would be the same build if their portraits extend out, yet the font still doesn't match, so it's probably fake. Looks nice, though.

kylexv

Smash Master
A lot of these picture leaks can automatically be called fake based on how terrible they look. This is no exception. The quality of the character renders we have plus the one of Ken in the Ken leak are much higher quality than this.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
A lot of these picture leaks can automatically be called fake based on how terrible they look. This is no exception. The quality of the character renders we have plus the one of Ken in the Ken leak are much higher quality than this.
Well, Ken isn’t that good either:
577BAE99-BB76-4824-9CA8-B545A8BA0F02.jpeg

That face, please devs, fix that face.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not for me

For me it’s the letter O in geno

It looks slightly fuzzier than the other 3 letters and slightly smaller than the other letters

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, Ken isn’t that good either:
View attachment 166254
That face, please devs, fix that face.
Ken have the same "weird face" symptoms as Chrom but the body and cloth alongside shading is perfect. But they will all get polished when the game release.

However the Geno Render looks like some Blender 3D model with a basic Model Render.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Are we seriously looking at the name as proof that the Geno leak is fake when the render does all that for us?

His hat looks like a baby bottle. And that's just one thing wrong with it.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Are we seriously looking at the name as proof that the Geno leak is fake when the render does all that for us?

The 3D model was already a dead give away that it’s fake.

I guess some people wanted to look at some other things to say why it’s fake other than the model.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Interesting how we change from Disney to Geno now. Boy, we all must be getting excited over the SE rep that might end up being someone else entirely different.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Yeah I was surprised people were focusing on the font of the name when the render is clearly made by an amateur.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean the thing was hideous. Seriously what was with the hat lol.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Interesting how we change from Disney to Geno now. Boy, we all must be getting excited over the SE rep that might end up being someone else entirely different.
It's probably because that Square Enix Rep is the only things where people ""know"" it's existence and not it's identity letting people speculate-
It was the same when Vergeben just said "gen 7 Pokémon" with people pushing their fav Pokemon rep.

However here it's a "bigger deal" since it's a third party and guest so...we all try to dream big.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Wow
I only did that because it was already obvious that the render was stupid, so I wanted to give people something else to look at when trying to debunk things in the future. It ain't always gonna be "wow the render looks like garbage", so I thought it'd be important to look at another thing given the chance since font is also another thing people **** up easily

Sorry master fenrir

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I only did that because it was already obvious that the render was stupid, so I wanted to give people something else to look at when trying to debunk things in the future.

Sorry master fenrir
That was great because you change the topic on the form pretty quick. Awesome job on doing that :laugh:

Anywho, you guys think the rumors of Stanley the Bug Man & March Rider might be true? So far we haven’t gotten a classic rep that is a surprise like DH, Rob or Mr. G&W

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I still think you guys are giving too much credit to MasterOfHyrule. The fact that he even deleted the tweet in the first place and started backtracking should be enough to tell you he's not very sure on it.

I'm not saying he isn't credible because clearly he has some inside guy, but I do think we should wait on hearing from Vergeben or any other credible leaker before boarding the "2 Square reps in base roster" train.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wow
I only did that because it was already obvious that the render was stupid, so I wanted to give people something else to look at when trying to debunk things in the future. It ain't always gonna be "wow the render looks like garbage", so I thought it'd be important to look at another thing given the chance since font is also another thing people **** up easily

Sorry master fenrir
That's what I get for trying to post right after I wake up. Coming in like :bobomb:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I still think you guys are giving too much credit to MasterOfHyrule. The fact that he even deleted the tweet in the first place and started backtracking should be enough to tell you he's not very sure on it.

I'm not saying he isn't credible because clearly he has some inside guy, but I do think we should wait on hearing from Vergeben or any other credible leaker before boarding the "2 Square reps in base roster" train.
Same.
I'm taking the 99% grain of salt here because of how "too great" that **** would be. Two Square-Enix Characters suddenly?
Way too good.

The only 1% of belief I have comes from the fact that he first say "I heard from source" before backtracking saying "It's just rumor from 4chinz and Leddit lmao I forgot the link"when I don't know any fake leak with Geno/Sora/Ken/Steve simultaneously in

I still wish we could get update on that Square rep from Vergeben though... Or just news soon.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
As I suspected we aren't getting anything else from the Ken leaker but Masters. He or she would have blown their load off all at once had they had access to the roster.

Not that I mind. I still want to go in partially blind/with doubt lingering on my mind and Ken isn't really a big reveal.
Has the leaker themselves requested stated such?
Also, any new leaks abound from anywhere else? Particularly any involving Phoenix Wright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom