• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Between June and August we had 7 characters revealed, so unless reveals drop considerably as some have suggested, we may have 6-7 characters between September and November, one being Isabelle, who's already been revealed. This also aligns with the blog, at an average of 3 characters a week with 26 weeks, that's 7-8 characters that have yet to be revealed of the potential 78, though it should be noted this is probably a maximum--not a minimum. Judging by that, I could see a Pokemon being revealed either in or around a potential Pokemon Direct in October, as well as a standalone character reveal with potentially an echo (my guess is Isaac/Felix). That leaves around 3-4 being revealed in a November Smash Direct, including echoes. So it's not as crazy as some people think, but there's no denying it's an optimistic view. Cautiously optimistic.
While it's possible (like you said cautiously optimistic) I wouldn't rely on the blog updates count. They could just as easily slow down in November, or another idea I saw suggested is posts could be dedicated to elements of Spirit mode such as bosses.

I do have to say if we get any newcomer reveal in October not attached to a final Smash direct/50 fact/etc. then box theory is dead to me because there's no way we aren't getting another newcomer in the final direct. Yes I still lean toward box theory :p

Last edited:

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
Too bad he didn't bring any Disney Characters in all crossover he did outside of KH right?
Smash is a celebration of where a fighter comes from, unless Sakurai pulls a Cloud and just gives Sora a stage and some music, he's gonna have some Disney characters in there like Donald and Goofy. although i can see Sora getting the same treatment as Cloud with a stage and music.

D

Deleted member

Between June and August we had 7 characters revealed, so unless reveals drop considerably as some have suggested, we may have 6-7 characters between September and November, one being Isabelle, who's already been revealed. This also aligns with the blog, at an average of 3 characters a week with 26 weeks, that's 7-8 characters that have yet to be revealed of the potential 78, though it should be noted this is probably a maximum--not a minimum. Judging by that, I could see a Pokemon being revealed either in or around a potential Pokemon Direct in October, as well as a standalone character reveal with potentially an echo (my guess is Isaac/Felix). That leaves around 3-4 being revealed in a November Smash Direct, including echoes. So it's not as crazy as some people think, but there's no denying it's an optimistic view. Cautiously optimistic.
While I agree reveals won't slow down and will only pick up from here, I don't think we'll have as many characters left(unless you're counting Echoes).
Between June and September, we had Ridley, Simon, K.Rool and Isabelle. On average, one of the Direct ones would fill in the month of July.
Echoes are the same, Daisy in June, and Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus in August. Again, on average, they fill in July and September who didn't have any Echo reveals.

So basically, after E3, we've had a constant 1 newcomer and 1 Echo per month ratio.

Smash 4 didn't slow down, it only sped up as the release approached. Rosalina and Luma signified the beginning of bimonthly reveals(December, Little Mac in February, Greninja in April and the 3 from E3), but after E3, we got Robin and Lucina in July and then Shulk in August, and there were still 2 newcomers and 1 Echo left.
So, what does this mean for Ultimate? That at the very least, assuming they don't just slow down with reveals, we have 2 bewcomers and 2 Echoes left, one of each group for the following months of October and November.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
While it's possible (like you said cautiously optimistic) I wouldn't rely on the blog updates count. They could just as easily slow down in November, or another idea I saw suggested is posts could he dedicated to elements of Spirit mode such as bosses.

I do have to say if we get any newcomer reveal in October not attached to a final Smash direct/50 fact/etc. then box theory is dead to me because there's no way we aren't getting another newcomer in the final direct. Yes I still lean toward box theory :p
I think the post will continue and not lose moment. The bloq has not talked about Dracula being a boss. So it is possible they could be saving that bloq for when Spirits is revealed. In which case, the 6-8 character spots COULD BE about Bosses. I am not sure though.

Also no new leaks currently eh? Took a day off and hadn't seen anything credible so yeah.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Smash is a celebration of where a fighter comes from, unless Sakurai pulls a Cloud and just gives Sora a stage and some music, he's gonna have some Disney characters in there like Donald and Goofy. although i can see Sora getting the same treatment as Cloud with a stage and music.
Once again out of ALL of the KH game, Donald and Goofy are Ally for only two. (KH/KHII and Soon KHIII)
Sora doesn't need any Disney characters to represent KH as HE IS the representation of KH himself by having a Disney Characters with FF design.

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
Once again out of ALL of the KH game, Donald and Goofy are Ally for only two. (KH/KHII and Soon KHIII)
Sora doesn't need any Disney characters to represent KH as HE IS the representation of KH himself by having a Disney Characters with FF design.
you're right, i didn't mean putting them with him as a part of his moveset. I meant putting them in the background of a stage or as trophies, but i see your point. He himself can rep for KH

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While it's possible (like you said cautiously optimistic) I wouldn't rely on the blog updates count. They could just as easily slow down in November, or another idea I saw suggested is posts could he dedicated to elements of Spirit mode such as bosses.

Which is why, as you noted, I prefaced those numbers saying they were a maximum. I do think the blog is a more useful source of analysis than a placeholder image subject to change. However, there is a plethora of information that could be used instead of characters without even having to appeal to the secret mode, and so at a minimum we could expect 0-1 characters--but there's also no reason to suspect that pattern of an average of 3 character posts per week won't hold, it's an idea I've had since the August Direct and no evidence since has conflicted with that theory (though you're free to believe box theory if you want to :upsidedown:).

And also the main point was showing how information could be evenly spread out and how 7 more characters isn't as ridiculous as some people assume--it's not like it has to be 7 characters in one Direct to work. Admittedly, it's pushing it.

EDIT:
While I agree reveals won't slow down and will only pick up from here, I don't think we'll have as many characters left(unless you're counting Echoes).
Between June and September, we had Ridley, Simon, K.Rool and Isabelle. On average, one of the Direct ones would fill in the month of July.
Echoes are the same, Daisy in June, and Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus in August. Again, on average, they fill in July and September who didn't have any Echo reveals.

So basically, after E3, we've had a constant 1 newcomer and 1 Echo per month ratio.

Smash 4 didn't slow down, it only sped up as the release approached. Rosalina and Luma signified the beginning of bimonthly reveals(December, Little Mac in February, Greninja in April and the 3 from E3), but after E3, we got Robin and Lucina in July and then Shulk in August, and there were still 2 newcomers and 1 Echo left.
So, what does this mean for Ultimate? That at the very least, assuming they don't just slow down with reveals, we have 2 bewcomers and 2 Echoes left, one of each group for the following months of October and November.
I am counting echoes, my guess is we have four unique and three echo newcomers left, though that's a maximum. Well the math technically works, I still don't see the how they would work with that pacing wise--that would make only one unique reveal in a hypothetical November Direct. Not impossible, but I don't think it's likely. I also personally don't think we can lean too heavily on Smash 4's pacing, as Ultimate is different in having less characters in a roster with a more condensed reveal cycle (and no secret characters). Though, 4 total characters seems like a plausible scenario.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ansem's Warship, World of Chaos story mode boss?
Would be a fun inclusion alongside Sora.

Morning everyone

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’m still kind of hoping that the box theory will be proven wrong and knowing Sakurai, he’ll probably have an ace up his sleeve that’s going to blow all of us away that we won’t even see coming.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Anyway. To go away from that discussion how about some good old fake leaks?

Alright. Call me ************ 2.0. Enough bull****, here's who's in Smash Ultimate.

Everything Vergeben has said will occur, and the Ken Leak is real. Geno is the SE Rep.

On top of Geno, Ken, and Incineroar, Isaac from Golden Sun, and Shadow echoing Sonic will be in as well, but enough of the predictable **** you've all heard a thousand times, My source isn't sure if Skull Kid is actually in,
but,
We'll also be getting Flynn from Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the protagonist of Persona 4, Yu Narukami.
Yu doesn't echo Flynn, they're both #72 and #73.
I'm hearing DLC is being planned as well, as the base game has already been finished.
Believe me or not, But i'm calling myself ************ 2 for a reason.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432660967

Hello guys, as I worked for the music rearrangement of this game, I will just talk about some "leaks" that you can find anywhere. I played some levels, to make the music. My work is to make the music and level working with each other.

For those who talk about Black Shadow from F-zero, I never seen anything about him. I don't have access to the data of the game (and I don't know how to proceed), but I have a list of what I have to do for some stages. I also have a list of character codename, but I'm here just to destroy or approve some fake leaks.
About Shadow... Yes an echo fighter of sonic, But he his not finished yet.
Banjo-Kazooie, a DLC... idk if it's him or not, there's a line : JigM, but that's the only thing I have, there's absolutely no stages, and they nevers asked me to make something in relation with banjo and kazooie. So if "JigM" Banjo, it would be a DLC, because the 3d doesn't exist yet.
Isaac of Golden Sun, interesting thing, idk where you saw that but yes he would be in smash. One of the last character created.
One of the starter of S&M, nope no starter this time.
I saw something like "Mario2" on internet, but I don't have this.
Waddle Dee, I have nothing about him.
Geno, we remastered a music of super mario rpg, but I have nothing for him too.
Rayman, I know that a part of the graphic team met Michel Ancel, but that's all, I don't have a music of rayman to work with.

So as you can see, I say some things like "no", but like I've said, I don't have access to everything, and I don't work at all with the designers, in our team, there's 2 guys making the sound effects, there's the original voice of some characters, but they are not here anymore (actually we have the one of Isabelle).
We are actually 7 for the music rearrangement (sometimes we have the original composers for a week but that's rare. Only in the begining of the music creation, they were always here).
Please don't trust everything you see, don't trust me, just take note and look out!
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432662624

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My source isn't sure if Skull Kid is actually in,
Oh come on!!!!!

I'm glad Skull Kid is finally on people's mind, but ever since LOZ lost his mind, I feel like people are treating Skull Kid like this weird stray they don't know what to do with. He still has plenty of things going for him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First of all, Donald was a German Nazi who worked with nukes in the cartoons. No need to get all sassafras over here. I'm friends with people in Disney Legal. I'm literally feeding lines I have spoken to them about in the past (not specifically about Smash). Having life-like artillery and explosives around Donald is something they actively avoid.

Here's the cartoon if anyone is interested. Sensitive political content and whatnot.
Walt Disney himself was apperantly anti-semitic. But yeah, it's kind of a reason why I don't want Disney content in Smash. Even if it's Kingdom Hearts.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
A lot of this Sora/Disney talk I feel is becoming less and less about leaks. So maybe move it to general discussion?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Alright. Call me ************ 2.0. Enough bull****, here's who's in Smash Ultimate.

Everything Vergeben has said will occur, and the Ken Leak is real. Geno is the SE Rep.

On top of Geno, Ken, and Incineroar, Isaac from Golden Sun, and Shadow echoing Sonic will be in as well, but enough of the predictable **** you've all heard a thousand times, My source isn't sure if Skull Kid is actually in,
but,
We'll also be getting Flynn from Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the protagonist of Persona 4, Yu Narukami.
I'm hearing DLC is being planned as well, as the base game has already been finished.

Hello guys, as I worked for the music rearrangement of this game, I will just talk about some "leaks" that you can find anywhere. I played some levels, to make the music. My work is to make the music and level working with each other.

For those who talk about Black Shadow from F-zero, I never seen anything about him. I don't have access to the data of the game (and I don't know how to proceed), but I have a list of what I have to do for some stages. I also have a list of character codename, but I'm here just to destroy or approve some fake leaks.
Banjo-Kazooie, a DLC... idk if it's him or not, there's a line : JigM, but that's the only thing I have, there's absolutely no stages, and they nevers asked me to make something in relation with banjo and kazooie. So if "JigM" Banjo, it would be a DLC, because the 3d doesn't exist yet.
Isaac of Golden Sun, interesting thing, idk where you saw that but yes he would be in smash. One of the last character created.
Rayman, I know that a part of the graphic team met Michel Ancel, but that's all, I don't have a music of rayman to work with.

So as you can see, I say some things like "no", but like I've said, I don't have access to everything, and I don't work at all with the designers, in our team, there's 2 guys making the sound effects, there's the original voice of some characters, but they are not here anymore (actually we have the one of Isabelle).
We are actually 7 for the music rearrangement (sometimes we have the original composers for a week but that's rare. Only in the begining of the music creation, they were always here).
Please don't trust everything you see, don't trust me, just take note and look out!
I'm always down with potential leaks featuring Isaac.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

but,

For the second one, I would hope someone working in a professional setting of "music rearrangement" would be able to put a sentence together. I'd try to think of how real/fake I think it is, except it's painful to read. :p

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
As I suspected we aren't getting anything else from the Ken leaker but Masters. He or she would have blown their load off all at once had they had access to the roster.

Not that I mind. I still want to go in partially blind/with doubt lingering on my mind and Ken isn't really a big reveal.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Walt Disney himself was apperantly anti-semitic. But yeah, it's kind of a reason why I don't want Disney content in Smash. Even if it's Kingdom Hearts.
Well a lot of water have since flow beneath some bridge, today's Disney is not old time Disney, just see Frozen where you can feel that Elsa will be lesbian (anyone who believe the contrary just lie to himself) and look they even have several Disney princess who come from BAME culture, Mulan, Jasmine, Pocahontas and Tiana. Let's not forget Moana too.

Let's not hung too much into the past and let's see the progress people (or compagny do) in a human way. Hatred or resentment will go us no where.

As for the ongoing topic, I believe that Mickey would be more on point than Donald or Goofy. Mickey is the protagonist of Disney and Donald is the Vegeta/Ken/Batman of Mickey.

Kurobii

Smash Rookie
Well a lot of water have since flow beneath some bridge, today's Disney is not old time Disney, just see Frozen where you can feel that Elsa will be lesbian (anyone who believe the contrary just lie to himself) and look they even have several Disney princess who come from BAME culture, Mulan, Jasmine, Pocahontas and Tiana. Let's not forget Moana too.

Let's not hung too much into the past and let's see the progress people (or compagny do) in a human way. Hatred or resentment will go us no where.

As for the ongoing topic, I believe that Mickey would be more on point than Donald or Goofy. Mickey is the protagonist of Disney and Donald is the Vegeta/Ken/Batman of Mickey.
Donald confirmed as Mickey's echo

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of old leaks, the Gardevoir/Gothitelle one is still standing though a lot of non-empirical evidence says otherwise.

Basically, it's standing until either we know what names are used in the code or we see either of them as Pokeball summons.

My higher brain says "no" but my hopes and biases says "heck yes".

I partially hoping for Gardevoir to show up as a Pokeball summon so I can move on.

31fps

Banned via Warnings
There's someone out there claiming that they have image and video evidence of Steve from Minecraft in the game. They're supposed to release these files today. Let's see what happens.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

but,

Geez Louise lmao looks like those fake leakers got chewed out. This stuff makes my day.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Did you just use Batman as an example of a second banana? I almost find that offensive. :laugh:

Untouch

Smash Master
Standards for "leaks" have risen, single cropped pictures like that just don't cut it anymore.

No real leak has just shown a single part of the screen.
ESRB leak and the Ken leak both had full screenshots.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Oh come on!!!!!

I'm glad Skull Kid is finally on people's mind, but ever since LOZ lost his mind, I feel like people are treating Skull Kid like this weird stray they don't know what to do with. He still has plenty of things going for him.
I'm of the opinion that Skull Kid is a boss, or at least tied to a Majora's Wrath fight somehow. I don't see him being a fighter.
So- Let's debate this then- a new fake picture leak not too Disgusting.

Source: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432669679
Not bad but Smash renders are way higher quality than that. Iffy at best on this one.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm of the opinion that Skull Kid is a boss, or at least tied to a Majora's Wrath fight somehow. I don't see him being a fighter.
And I don't see him being a boss, at all. Every boss in Smash Bros is a boss in their home games, all of them.

Skull kid was never a boss though, and he has no place being part of a Majora's Wrath boss fight, Skull Kid wasn't even around when you fight the Mask.

I don't even know why people are jumping to this conclusion, is it really so hard to believe one of the most iconic images of the Zelda series might be playable? Especially with the demand there is for another unique Zelda character.

EDIT: This is unrelated to leaks so it's probably best we just drop it there

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
And I don't see him being a boss, at all. Every boss in Smash Bros is a boss in their home games, all of them.

Skull kid was never a boss though, and he has no place being part of a Majora's Wrath boss fight, Skull Kid wasn't even around when you fight the Mask.

I don't even know why people are jumping to this conclusion, is it really so hard to believe one of the most iconic images of the Zelda series might be playable? Especially with the demand there is for another unique Zelda character.

EDIT: This is unrelated to leaks so it's probably best we just drop it there
Forgive me, I'm speaking from an outsider's perspective as I've never played a Zelda game, but I just find the idea of Skull Kid being a playable fighter a bit hard to conceive considering it's Majora that does everything.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

View attachment 166251
G's even more different, but admittedly the font's closer than these sorts of things usually get.
That too.
The E and the G look wildly different. The N too. Almost looks like they made Geno's name bold and probably should have tried to mess with more of the typography options in photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom