• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Woah! So many guests!

HELLO GUESTS! IT IS I, KING NOIPOI!

Seriously why so many guests viewing?
Jesus, is that why Smashboards hasn’t been slowing down lately?

Did something big happen that we’re not aware of?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Don't worry fair guests. I, President King Noipoi, will ensure everyone here is on their best behavior for the duration of your stay.

So uh...howzabout dem leaks?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Pretty sure it's just because we tend to be quick as nails finding and discussing leaks, fake or... Ken.

A lot of em are probably just keeping the tab open in case something neat happens.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Guest? Welp friends it seems like we might actually get Minecraft in Smash with all these... Text Messages that get posted.

Sora might be the real rep then Geno because I felt he is more... we’ll known but hey it would be awesome to have both.

Last edited:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Just need one current guest to maybe make an account and speak up

Edit: current peak is 288

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
He supposedly predicted a lot of the reveals, and his final newcomer list is:

Ken
Incineroar
Shadow
Steve
and Geno as the first DLC character
Huh, not bad choices really. Though I think the SE rep would definitely make sense being DLC from these rumors the past month.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think it's because r/smashbros caught wind of that predictions dude from a few pages back.
Oh yeah, him!

He kinda died off a lot faster here than I expected, after in one of this tweets he included percentages in his “leak”, it basically gave the impression that he is only speculating at this point. Not to mention that his recent “leaks” are basically what people have been talking about at the moment. There isn’t any merit to him right now, and if he is right... aren’t those what most people were predicting anyways?

EDIT: The thread count went from 261 to 207 after my post. I’m a leak slayer!

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
We really, really need a direct. This drought of official news is pure madness.

Shroob

Sup?
Bruh, this ain't nothing.

June to August was way worse.

We at least got Isabelle 2 weeks ago.

I want a Direct the first or second week of October like no one's business, but this ain't nothing compared to the first drought.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It hasn't even been a month since the Direct with Isabelle.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I do prefer to get my Smash info from Sakurai. You know it's always clean. When you get it off those random guys on the Internet, you never know what kind of stuff they might be lacing it with. Need me some Directs.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
I mean something substancial, something like the august direct. Mostly that they announce everything thats missing so these fake leaks can come to an end. Its fun to speculate based on solid data but at this point, people are literally speculating over written leaks by randoms lol.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I get where he's coming from though.

Yeah, we got Isabelle and I'm mucho grateful to have her, but... it's been an entire two months since the last Smash Direct, and there's really nothing 'new' to discuss.

I think deep down, a lot of us want the next Direct to just stake a whole bunch of these theories, leaks and fan rules in the heart and be done with it already.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mean something substancial, something like the august direct. Mostly that they announce everything thats missing so these fake leaks, fake speculation. Its fun to speculate based on solid data but at this point, people are literally speculating over written leaks by randoms lol.
That's always been the case. DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon can vouch for that :yoshi:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
I mean asside from Isabelle being confirmed as a character there really hasn't been anything to discuss. And with Isabelle there wasn't much to discuss.

Shroob

Sup?
The way I look at it, the sooner we can kneecap all these goddamn theories and fan rules, the happier we'll all be.

At this point, I too subscribe to the nihilist theory, because all theories are obnoxious and bull****.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That's always been the case. DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon can vouch for that :yoshi:
Can confirm. Speculation is heavily driven by "leaks" and vice versa. It's really an interesting relationship.
The way I look at it, the sooner we can kneecap all these goddamn theories and fan rules, the happier we'll all be.

At this point, I too subscribe to the nihilist theory, because all theories are obnoxious and bull****.
List of people who support nihilist theory:
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon
Shroob Shroob

Who wants to join us? We are accepting of all types, whether you are a boxer, blogger, musician, all of the above, none of the above, whatever.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Drought? Lacking something substantial? That's insane and insatiable, we got six newcomer reveals in the last two months. You know the last time we got six newcomer reveals in the span of two months? That's right, it was never.

Just... take a breath. You guys will never be satisfied if learning of 73 characters and 103 stages in the last four months seems inconsequential.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Also, Verg does seem to be unravelling a bit on Smashboards and is being overall very defensive.

This topic for example
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77040303

Some are comparing it to loz, although I don't really have much opinion on the matter
FAQS is a ****hole
i keep asking him to just leave there and stick to reddit or start a little blog with a comment section open but **** man. having to deal with stalkers and blantant crosssite posters from 4chan /v/ because he rumored a character.
i hope Hitagi doesn't have to deal with this nonsense either

Shroob

Sup?
Drought? Lacking something substantial? That's insane and insatiable, we got six newcomer reveals in the last two months. You know the last time we got six newcomer reveals in the span of two months? That's right, it was never.

Just... take a breath. You guys will never be satisfied if learning of 73 characters and 103 stages in the last four months seems inconsequential.
I don't think it's even wanting 'new' info as much as it is wanting satisfaction of seeing stuff like the music theory or blog theory put six feet under.

I don't know about the rest of you, but:

I'm ready for the speculation cycle to be over.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can confirm. Speculation is heavily driven by "leaks" and vice versa. It's really an interesting relationship.

List of people who support nihilist theory:
Shroob Shroob

Who wants to join us? We are accepting of all types, whether you are a boxer, blogger, musician, all of the above, none of the above, whatever.
Do you have cookies?

I only join groups based on how abundant their cookie stocks are.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Do you have cookies?

I only join groups based on how abundant their cookie stocks are.
As a chocolate chip cooke connoisseur, I can assure you that we have an abundant amount of cookies. Top quality too.

Nihilist theory is also great because with it, you can believe whatever the **** you want. You don't need evidence. Who needs that? Just believe what you want to believe and disregard all of the false profits.

Guests, I implore you to disregard these false profits. Box theory, Blog theory, Music theory, Chair theory, all are built on circumstantial data that is impossible to prove. Do not believe in their lies. Instead, believe in your own truth, and you shall not be disappointed.
I'm not a "Nihilist," I'm a "Skeptic." There's a difference...
I'll count it.
List of people supporting Nihilist theory:
Shroob Shroob
Zinith Zinith (kinda, but not really)

We've got 2.5. Our numbers are slowly growing. Get on while we're on the ground.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
As a chocolate chip cooke connoisseur, I can assure you that we have an abundant amount of cookies. Top quality too.

Nihilist theory is also great because with it, you can believe whatever the **** you want. You don't need evidence. Who needs that? Just believe what you want to believe and disregard all of the false profits.

Guests, I implore you to disregard these false profits. Box theory, Blog theory, Music theory, Chair theory, all are built on circumstantial data that is impossible to prove. Do not believe in their lies. Instead, believe in your own truth, and you shall not be disappointed.
All leaks exist on purpose
No character is guaranteed
Everyone's gonna get leaked
Come play Smash

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
At this point I'm really only going to take image leaks seriously. These weird theories and many many text leaks just ain't cutting it for me anymore

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
See the theories were fun to keep in my head but I never really took them completely seriously, and at this point with all the animosity around them I think everyone will be better off if they just all turn out to be wrong.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Well I can honestly say is that in regard to music theory after Dark Samus:

That leaves two theories remaining: Box Theory and Blog Theory.

Box Theory needs to be killed ASAP, because I find it so stupid since it mentions that we would get final 2 newcomers.

as for Blog Theory, I have nothing to say about it.
the box theory will die once we see Minecraft content in Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom