• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Steve isn't getting in due to the project plan's date, despite MC Wii U being the same month and Nintendo likely planning it with Mojang beforehand, then neither is a stage.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If Steve isn't getting in due to the project plan's date, despite MC Wii U being the same month and Nintendo likely planning it with Mojang beforehand, then neither is a stage.
Would make sense. I can see Minecraft content being completely absent more so than I can see Steve as a character. Steve as a character would mean work on a new character, stage, and likely an assist.

Though it's not unheard of for franchises to get just a stage. Stages don't take near as much time to develop as Characters. They could add a stage to the plan without too much of a shakeup. Adding a character on the other hand, well, just ask Sonic.

If I recall correctly, Nintendo published the Wii U version of Minecraft.
Nope, that was Microsoft. Sony has published Minecraft before but not Nintendo.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Would make sense. I can see Minecraft content being completely absent more so than I can see Steve as a character. Steve as a character would mean work on a new character, stage, and likely an assist.

Though it's not unheard of for franchises to get just a stage. Stages don't take near as much time to develop as Characters. They could add a stage to the plan without too much of a shakeup. Adding a character on the other hand, well, just ask Sonic.
I'd actually be fine with just a stage well, after a while...

I just can't see them not adding it in, it makes too much sense.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Large Soda is my new main don’t @ me
I'm so glad Sakurai finally decided to add a soda rep, I cant believe he snubbed it last game. I want Small Soda in as an echo fighter of Large Soda, but I'm worried that their proportions won't match up. Medium Soda is too boring to be a newcomer, and Extra Large Soda would just be too big to be a realizable fighter. I mean you could shrink down Extra Large Soda but would he really still be Extra Large Soda if you did that?
At this point, just...

Plz, gib Direct.
I know right? this last stretch up until release is going to be excruciating. I just wish the Smash blog had anything of interest to show. Heck give me a picture of Luigi's nose, just anything new that wasn't covered in the last Smash direct.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Nope, that was Microsoft. Sony has published Minecraft before but not Nintendo.
Sonic took part in delaying Brawl, though. I don't see Ultimate getting pushed back.

But you're not wrong about the stages. I believe the Wolly World stage was an Epic Yarn stage before they changed it from scratch.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm leaning more towards a stage happening for Minecraft purely because the big rumor for playable Steve comes from the Hitaga dude. Other than him the Minecraft content was always implied as being something other than a character.

I'm a lot more iffy on his claims compared to other leakers.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sonic took part in delaying Brawl, though. I don't see Ultimate getting pushed back.

But you're not wrong about the stages. I believe the Wolly World stage was an Epic Yarn stage before they changed it from scratch.
The Great Cave Offensive was an Epic Yarn stage.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm leaning more towards a stage happening for Minecraft purely because the big rumor for playable Steve comes from the Hitaga dude. Other than him the Minecraft content was always implied as being something other than a character.

I'm a lot more iffy on his claims compared to other leakers.
Vergeben did say his main smash sources said a character was possible of course that means they didn't know for sure, with other contacts mentioning playable Steve.

to think I'd be worrying over Minecraft getting in Smash; I guess that's what happens when your favorite block game actually has a chance.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What? No it's not, it's from Kirby Super Star.
I said was, not is, as in was going to be.

It got recycled into a Super Star stage to avoid redundancy with Wooly World.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
For people saying october will have no info/newcomers:

Sakurai said they will slow down newcomer reveals. If there is only 1 direct left, there is no way to slow down reveals unless newcomers are revealed outside of directs, which isn't done, therefore there has to be 2 "directs". Given their current system of news every month, I would expect news in October and November.

Also I think steve would be kinda cool.
Let's just hope one of those Directs is a Smash 50 (Or 100 Something) Fact Extravaganza!

We still need info on what Spirits mode is and what offline single player mode we can expect to see in the game (I wouldn't be surprised if they said every single, single player offline mode from the previous installments is returning in Smash Ultimate)!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Some interesting things have been shared in the mimique discord regarding ZachTheNCube, apparently he "guessed" these things before:

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Just recently, Zach posted these tweets:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I am keeping a close eye on him.
I as going to make a rebuttal against this...
w
378922D7-C35E-4786-877C-17FF53CB5B88.gif

It seems he does have some insider information due to his claims about some of the things prior to E3. However...

FDA1E019-223E-4B4B-8495-ADFD09B78524.gif

His final roster “leak” was made today. And is based on the currently rumored characters that have been discussed so far. Between Isabelle and today...

>Ken was leaked in an unfabrical image leak, and seen as true.
>Incineroar was stated to be the character Verg leaked to be in the game.
>Shadow is one of the most speculated echoes after E3.
>Steve had some discussion because of Hitagi who had conversations with Vergeben.
>Geno (SE Rep) had been thought of as a DLC character when the box theory was it’s strongest.

These are seemingly based off what most people are predicting, and are seen as “safe”.

Although you have an oddball like Isabelle, Isabelle was linked to a Animal Crossing reveal, and this was between September 6-14, at a time where Nintendo’s contents in the direct were most vulnerable due to a sudden shift. So if one person knew about Isabelle in Smash, they most likely knew about the other announcement and vise versa.

Although he does seem to have accurately guess some things like Ridley, what then? Loz18 has the same bits of info, even more, and look at his fall recently.

So far, it’s just a wait and see from me.
But honestly, I think we’re in a state of drought right now, with all that has been happening here.

I really wish we get some more news soon, I really just want to know what is actually in the game and not have to hurt my head over whether said leaker is right or wrong.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I am almost certain Ken, Incineroar and Shadow are in the game.

Dixie has like a 60% chance to be playable, echo or not.

Geno is pretty likely, like a 75% chance.

Minecraft is getting something for sure, and Steve could very well be on the way but with Verge not being certain im not certain either.

Im still praying for Banjo even of it means I crash and burn. Call it fan bias, but with Minecraft content and how loud in general Banjo support was durign rhe ballot, Id be baffled to see them ignored when even the characters with less support have roles in the game (Shovel Knight is an example). But no leaks mentioning them is a bad sign for me. Best case is we get Banjo and Steve, considering Konami got Snake back and a boatloat of Castlevania stuff I dont think its impossible. Either way I got K Rool and Snake so I wont be dissapointed in the roster.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
I can definitely see them opting to represent Minecraft with a stage, but if they do it definitely won't be "just a stage", they'll be putting in some real elbow grease into it and pulling out all the stops

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Crazy idea, but what if Minecraft isn't a stage, but rather apart of the new stage builder? Would be kinda fitting considering thats the main thing you do in minecraft is build.

Polan

Smash Lord
i'm still of the mind that the minecraft content is just a stage + an assist. steve is definitely in the game though either as an assist, a stage cameo or a trophy. that could be where the rumblings of playable steve come from as well. maybe someone saw a picture of steve next to a playable character and assumed that he was playable himself? or maybe he really is in the game as a character. god someone just leak a picture of him in game so that we can know for certain.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Crazy idea, but what if Minecraft isn't a stage, but rather apart of the new stage builder? Would be kinda fitting considering thats the main thing you do in minecraft is build.
I had the same idea a few pages back! It would be the perfect way to represent the creative aspect of Minecraft, but I’m not sure how likely it would be. Would it be too much to give a 3rd party franchise an entire mode, even if Steve doesn’t get to be a playable character?

I do wonder what stage builder’s gimmick will be this time around.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I am almost certain Ken, Incineroar and Shadow are in the game.

Dixie has like a 60% chance to be playable, echo or not.

Geno is pretty likely, like a 75% chance.

Minecraft is getting something for sure, and Steve could very well be on the way but with Verge not being certain im not certain either.

Im still praying for Banjo even of it means I crash and burn. Call it fan bias, but with Minecraft content and how loud in general Banjo support was durign rhe ballot, Id be baffled to see them ignored when even the characters with less support have roles in the game (Shovel Knight is an example). But no leaks mentioning them is a bad sign for me. Best case is we get Banjo and Steve, considering Konami got Snake back and a boatloat of Castlevania stuff I dont think its impossible. Either way I got K Rool and Snake so I wont be dissapointed in the roster.
It's been my primary concern as well, that we've heard nothing--you'd expect to hear more rumblings if Banjo & Kazooie were in, especially since third parties tend to be more leaky faucets. But in terms of all of the evidence that we have to be able to make an educated guess as to who could be in, Banjo & Kazooie line up perfectly, otherwise. If they do wind up getting in, as a result, it will be even more of a surprise.

Chrono.

maybe someone saw a picture of steve next to a playable character and assumed that he was playable himself? or maybe he really is in the game as a character. god someone just leak a picture of him in game so that we can know for certain.
I wanna say, this sounds plausible.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but during the Smash 4 DLC cycle post-Ryu and pre-Cloud, there was a pretty big rumor that Shovel Knight would be in the game, and it was verified by various industry people and I think even PushDustIn had vouched for it. Of course Shovel Knight never turned out to be playable and I don't really know what exactly happened myself, but I remember people saying someone might've seen stuff for his amiibo and jumped the gun.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
It's been my primary concern as well, that we've heard nothing--you'd expect to hear more rumblings if Banjo & Kazooie were in, especially since third parties tend to be more leaky faucets. But in terms of all of the evidence that we have to be able to make an educated guess as to who could be in, Banjo & Kazooie line up perfectly, otherwise. If they do wind up getting in, as a result, it will be even more of a surprise.
That's kind of why I'm rooting for Steve to be in the game either as a character or AT. Even if Banjo isn't in the base game, his chances of being DLC increase if Minecraft is in the game.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I had the same idea a few pages back! It would be the perfect way to represent the creative aspect of Minecraft, but I’m not sure how likely it would be. Would it be too much to give a 3rd party franchise an entire mode, even if Steve doesn’t get to be a playable character?
The only things I can think of that favor it turning out to be the stage builder mode is if 103 stages is the actual final number and we aren't getting any new stages. It also helps that they haven't shown us Stage builder/Minecraft either, though it could just be a coincidence.

Or like Stage builder has actual themes for it now and are tied to a couple of different franchises, with one of them being Minecraft.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
I got a feeling well get one but it wont be a Smash Direct, best we can hope for is a Pokemon Direct that happens to reveal Incineroar (and also the gen 8 games) or another Vanilla Direct.
I agree, and I think that might be what Sakurai was referring to when talking about the pacing of reveals slowing down; that we'll have to wait until November or so for the final direct.

And in the meantime watch as we fall into chaos over the Ultimate drought.

Bring out yer pitchforks an' torches

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Large Soda is my new main don’t @ me
Everyone's either maining Large Soda or has them as a pocket (I'm in the latter category). It's the new Bayonetta tbh.

The Great Cave Offensive was an Epic Yarn stage.
Oh, so that's why I liked it and everyone else hated it!

I see potential.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
At this point, I'm just waiting for incineroar and ken to be announced. Any more characters will be icing on the cake to me.

I agree, and I think that might be what Sakurai was referring to when talking about the pacing of reveals slowing down; that we'll have to wait until November or so for the final direct.

And in the meantime watch as we fall into chaos over the Ultimate drought.

Bring out yer pitchforks an' torches

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The state of Smashboards over the past day...

This was one hella of an annoying day. The speculation threads were filled with people bashing about “leakers” and “what’s right and wrong” and then a war zone happened almost every couple of hours. I really couldn’t discuss much today without someone starting a war.

Usually I can at least tolerate about some things, but I was nearing my breaking point this day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom