• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I find it interesting that everyone wants to jump on music theory being dead now when a lot of people seemed to agree it had good stuff going for it. Makes me wonder how people would react if we actually didn't get a new Pokemon.

I'll remain neutral. Either Music Theory is wrong (which is entirely possible) or Isabelle was a really weird coincidence and Incineroar is coming. This is going to be an interesting next few weeks.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The Pokemon track being posted before Incineroar is announced is probably the first good Smash-related news we've gotten in the past week
Yeah. It's given nonbelievers like myself hope that something will happen that will completely destroy Vergeben's credibility, like what Robin & Lucina's reveal trailer did to Gematsu.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
This may not exactly be the most likely scenario, but it's possible Incineroar was delayed to be a dlc character at some point, unless I'm missing something

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
>People believe more in a fan-made theory than a credible leaker
Never change, 'boards, never change...
and it's also foolish to 100% believe in something even like a credible leaker, because those things aren't 100%

The most information we got out of this is that they now contradict each other and that either one or none of them are true.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This may not exactly be the most likely scenario, but it's possible Incineroar was delayed to be a dlc character at some point, unless I'm missing something
I don't think they'd delay a character into DLC.

Not this late at the very least.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
>People believe more in a fan-made theory than a credible leaker
Never change, 'boards, never change...
I don't understand why people act like real leakers don't exist.

While, yes, he could be wrong about something, that doesn't mean he was faking it, he seems to have very much had real sources.

There's also evidence to believe that the Gematsu leaker had real info, at least at some point. Some things point to even an RH rep and Chrom being given some thought before being scrapped.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
As a believer in music theory and someone who has repeatedly predicted no new Pokemon in base roster: interesting...

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Yeah. It's given nonbelievers like myself hope that something will happen that will completely destroy Vergeben's credibility, like what Robin & Lucina's reveal trailer did to Gematsu.
...but it didn’t?

It just showed that there were characters they missed. Vergeben didn’t leak K Rool, but that doesn’t mean his credibility is ruined.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Can't wait for a long night of theories on why the Music Theory is still alive, actually
Easy: Incineroar isn't confirmed. Even confirmed definitely real leakers are wrong once in awhile. Music Theory doesn't have to defend itself. It's not dead.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
All I know is, as a Pokemon fan, this remix sweet. I'd love the Zinnia battle theme also, even though I didn't like her as a character lol. Waiting for some Gen7 mixes though

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Yeah, but here's the thing, even if nothing happens to destroy Vergeben's credibility, this still kills the music theory, which is also a good thing
Besides, I'd argue Vergeben being credible is more of a good thing rather than a bad thing
This also might put a dent in the box theory, but that's kinda stretching it
As a believer in music theory and someone who has repeatedly predicted no new Pokemon in base roster: interesting...
Let's really be honest here: Incineroar basically is confirmed at this point.

Last edited:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they'd delay a character into DLC.

Not this late at the very least.
Maybe? I'm just thinking of possiblities and in the situation something had to change or something went wrong, they could decide to delay the character. Anythings possible

D

Deleted member

Now what we need is for Amazon to update the box with Ryu being moved to the visible side. :troll:

I don't see how this kills music theory. Incineroar hasn't been confirmed yet, and Vergeben can only be taken by his word. Anything is still possible, nothing has really changed IMO.

Untouch

Smash Master
Sakurai should REALLY throw everything for a loop by uploading a track of a series that already has a track next week.
*wink*

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
...but it didn’t?

It just showed that their were characters they missed. Vergeben didn’t leak K Rool, but that doesn’t mean his credibility is ruined.
But, it will take a character that he says is playable shown in another way. Gematsu said Chrom was in and Chrom ended up being a cameo in Robin's Final Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Easy: Incineroar isn't confirmed. Even confirmed definitely real leakers are wrong once in awhile. Music Theory doesn't have to defend itself. It's not dead.
Ah there's theory one

Ench my pal I see your point but I guess it's that I find it very questionable people are suddenly claiming "Verge may have false sources or he's just plain out wrong in this case" because it kills the theory.

You excluded I know you don't predict a Gen 7. But I know people who do who will likely say this tonight.

Shroob

Sup?
Music theory was already 'wrong' when Dark Samus got revealed, and then annexed to include "NO ECHOES", which I already found pretty stupid.

At this point, it's just a matter of waiting.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Whether or not you still support Music Theory, at the very least this music track makes things a LOT more interesting when it comes to speculation.

TY blog hosts for adding some spice back to this thread.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This also might put a dent in the box theory, but that's kinda stretching it

Let's really be honest here: Incineroar basically is confirmed at this point.
How so? I’d like to hear your reasoning even if it is “stretching it”

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Sakurai should REALLY throw everything for a loop by uploading a track of a series that already has a track next week.
*wink*
That'd be nice but I want my Wario music and I want it NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW
How so? I’d like to hear your reasoning even if it is “stretching it”
I dunno, I just feel like the music theory and the box theory support each other in a way. Like they're both strong evidence for there not being many characters left, but I feel like if one of them gets proven false (like the music theory now) then the other one loses some credence. Like this increases the likelihood that Incineroar and Ken are not the only ones left.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Either Music Theory is dead, or Incineroar is disconfirmed, which casts doubt on every leaker. Which sounds more reasonable?

Untouch

Smash Master
Music theory was already 'wrong' when Dark Samus got revealed, and then annexed to include "NO ECHOES", which I already found pretty stupid.

At this point, it's just a matter of waiting.
If we were ignoring echos, then Ken would have been deconfirmed too.

D

Deleted member

and it's also foolish to 100% believe in something even like a credible leaker, because those things aren't 100%

The most information we got out of this is that they now contradict each other and that either one or none of them are true.
Music Theory shouldn't even be alive in the first place, it always had too many "exceptions" for it. Verg, on the other hand, has gotten nothing wrong and only right so I question why I should believe something the fans made up or the guy who called no cuts, Ridley and Simon Belmont.

Chrono.

The way I see it, either we're not getting a Pokemon newcomer or the music stuff was hot air.

Could go either way, what I found interesting is that they delayed AC music to coincide with Isabelle. Music that her trailer didn't even use.

It's a little suspect.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I would be very very okay with no new Pokemon newcomer...!

There were already plenty of Pokemon in Smash 4, and Ultimate brought back three more. Let's give some other series a chance to shine!
I agree. When Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers as a result of all veterans returning, and that we had two Pokemon veterans returning (one of which was actually three fighters in one) that a Pokemon rep wasn't necessary. After all, in a limited roster, another Pokemon rep means less chance of a first party newcomer from a new series. And, personally, I'd rather have a Digimon rep like Agumon to add a more interesting dynamic, especially considering Bandai Namco is making the game. And I've never been a fan of the argument of having a rep for a sake of a rep--"Smash always needs a new Pokemon", "Smash always needs a weird retro character", "Smash always needs an off-the-wall character".

All that having been said--I still think Incineroar is highly likely and this doesn't really change much. Not a certainty though!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Guys... Maybe Incineroar just uses a non remixed theme in his trailer... (I trust Vergeben enough to believe that Incineroar is in the game)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
A POKEMON TRACK?

HEEEERE COMES THE MONEY

MUSIC THEORY IS DEAD BABY!!! LONG LIVE BWD!!! LONG LIVE SKULL KID!!! LONG LIVE GENO!!! WE LIVING!!!
The theory isn't dead until we get a character reveal that disproves it.

For now, it gets to hang on by a thread.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Music Theory shouldn't even be alive in the first place, it always had too many "exceptions" for it. Verg, on the other hand, has gotten nothing wrong and only right so I question why I should believe something the fans made up or the guy who called no cuts, Ridley and Simon Belmont.
Most of what Vergeben got right was very easy to get.

Untouch

Smash Master
Can't wait for a whole bunch of people who previously thought the music theory was dumb and wrong now flop over because it would disprove Vergeben.
It's already happening on gamefaqs. :joyful:

hposter

Smash Apprentice
honestly i'm happy that a pokemon track was posted
not because it 'deconfirms incineroar' or anything, but it really just shakes things up
fun seeing people deciding whether to trust music theory or vergeben
plus the song's good lol :upsidedown:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You're over exaggerating the amount things that have had to change in the Music theory. The music theory is still consistent with not repeating franchises and is still consistent with songs coming before newcomers.

The answer to your question is that Gematsu was also 100% before Robin's trailer and he ended up wrong. I'm not saying you can't believe in Vergeben especially after he's gotten so much right. But I think it's kind of stupid to kill off a theory even though the actual Pokemon rep hasn't shown up yet.

I'll consider the theory dead when that happens. But for now, it's still around.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for a whole bunch of people who previously thought the music theory was dumb and wrong now flop over because it would disprove Vergeben.
It's already happening on gamefaqs. :joyful:
I'll never understand why people froth with hate towards Verge.

D

Deleted member

Ah there's theory one

Ench my pal I see your point but I guess it's that I find it very questionable people are suddenly claiming "Verge may have false sources or he's just plain out wrong in this case" because it kills the theory.

You excluded I know you don't predict a Gen 7. But I know people who do who will likely say this tonight.
I think what me and others are trying to say is that this doesn't really seem to change anything. It's kinda like how we all knee-jerked and thought Coro Coro's 108 stages killed the box. The only thing that could kill Music Theory is Incineroar's confirmation at this point. This does cast some doubt on Music Theory, but only if you believe it to literally be impossible for Verge to be wrong, which there is no current evidence saying that he can't be wrong other than opinion and track record, which Gematsu also had going for it.

If Music Theory IS dead though...Sweet, Bandana Dee lives. Hopefully the box will get kicked the the curb next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom