• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Celica owns actually
I hope that leak is the real one. Ken, Incineroar, Elma, Celica, and Geno with the possibility of Rhythm Reporter or Ayumi as a surprise rep would be a really nice little selection.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
With people being upset that there are too many sword-wielding FE characters, why not get a fresh new FE character that DOESN'T swords. Like Hector.
View attachment 166653
Having a Axe user is 1000x more interesting than a typical Sword man.
Literally the only FE character i´d lose my mind due to hype, but since i know he wont get added i never bothered getting hype.

Chrono.

Maybe I'm reading too much into a text post that might as well been a lucky guess, but the guy never mentioned echos.

Kinda makes me think Celica won't be an echo, theoretically speaking.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I personally prefer Celica over Black Knight tbh

Celica could be a Robin semi clone with a Pichu like self damage gimmick instead of using up tomes

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I honestly get the feeling Black Knight could be a boss or AT. I don't think he would really work that well as an echo of Ike, imagining him jumping around in that heavy armor is pretty ridiculous. But he's mad cool and he did get removed from Castle Siege and all.

As for Celica - well, I'd be game but I'd prefer her to be unique. I think the thing that chaps me the most about Fire Emblem reps are how similar a lot of the characters are. I LOVE the series and it has all sorts of great characters, but so many of them are just so samey in Smash. Celica could easily shake that up. SoV is the most recent entry in the series, and she's crazy popular... but watch them add Alm as a Lucina echo just to troll me.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I honestly get the feeling Black Knight could be a boss or AT. I don't think he would really work that well as an echo of Ike, imagining him jumping around in that heavy armor is pretty ridiculous. But he's mad cool and he did get removed from Castle Siege and all.

As for Celica - well, I'd be game but I'd prefer her to be unique. I think the thing that chaps me the most about Fire Emblem is how similar a lot of the characters are. I LOVE the series and it has all sorts of great characters, but so many of them are just so samey in Smash. Celica could easily shake that up. SoV is the most recent entry in the series, and she's crazy popular... but watch them add Alm as a Lucina echo just to troll me.
He's gotta share weight and speed with Ike though, who isn't exactly nimble.

If K.Rool can lug his fat ass around town, Black Knight should be good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Found another leaking saying the ESRB leaker was thrown in jail when caught

That’s...not possible for them to do that is it

Most leakers are now persistent about this
I’m not positive but I think it is.

If the ERSB leaker had an NDA, he not only violated a Nintendo one but also one the ERSB itself likely has. If that’s the case I’m pretty sure you can be jailed as it’s a serious crime and if you can’t pay the fine, I believe you can be thrown in jail instead. But I could be wrong.

To my knowledge, absolutely not.

I don't claim to be a lawyer, though.
Well then I think I know a guy!

Phoenix when?

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
He's gotta share weight and speed with Ike though, who isn't exactly nimble.

If K.Rool can lug his fat *** around town, Black Knight should be good.
Yeah, they do always make a point about how shocked they are how fast he moves in that stuff in Path of Radiance, and goodness knows Sakurai can make anything work. I'd be thrilled to see him in any capacity, the Tellius games are my favorites.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also anthought occurred to me. If the Minecraft content is not playable steve and just a stage, I could very well see minecon show it off. That would be pretty hype worthy and there would be no bettter place to show it.

Also I still believe chorus kids are in. We know they were likely planned and worked on for smash 4. So assuming they kept the data like ice climbers, they would probably take as much work as an echo if they had significant work done from the last games development cycle.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I’m not positive but I think it is.

If the ERSB leaker had an NDA, he not only violated a Nintendo one but also one the ERSB itself likely has. If that’s the case I’m pretty sure you can be jailed as it’s a serious crime and if you can’t pay the fine, I believe you can be thrown in jail instead. But I could be wrong.
An NDA is simply a contract between two parties not to disclose information protected by the NDA. It isn't even a crime, in the legal sense, to break an NDA. All the NDA is is legal evidence for the first party to bring to court when seeking damages for the breach of contract.

The larger issue stems from other crimes that can be committed while breaking the NDA. Snapped photos and videos are copyright violations, for example. That's not protected by the NDA, that's protected by federal and international copyright law and can result in jail time, if that's pushed.

The ESRB leaker turned himself in once the videos leaked. He obviously lost his job, but to the best of my knowledge, his good faith attempt at making the situation right prevented any major criminal litigation.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
It bothers me that everyone and their dog is treating everything that Vergeben "leaks" as word of god. I'm still taking everything with a grain of salt because if the rest of these "leaks" by chance turn out to be fake, then I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I 100% believed them. Plus it's annoying that some people on here act like the "leaked" characters were outright confirmed (especially Steve, who I'm not a fan of in the first place). Reality will hit them like a truck if these "leaks" end up being fake, and it would be their own fault for completely buying what Vergeben says. Remember when part of the Gematsu leak was fake? It could end up being that all over again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
An NDA is simply a contract between two parties not to disclose information protected by the NDA. It isn't even a crime, in the legal sense, to break an NDA. All the NDA is is legal evidence for the first party to bring to court when seeking damages for the breach of contract.

The larger issue stems from other crimes that can be committed while breaking the NDA. Snapped photos and videos are copyright violations, for example. That's not protected by the NDA, that's protected by federal and international copyright law and can result in jail time, if that's pushed.

The ESRB leaker turned himself in once the videos leaked. He obviously lost his job, but to the best of my knowledge, his good faith attempt at making the situation right prevented any major criminal litigation.
I find it hard to believe he was accepted for turning himself in when he called himself mother ****ing leaker

Shroob

Sup?
It bothers me that everyone and their dog is treating everything that Vergeben "leaks" as word of god. I'm still taking everything with a grain of salt because if the rest of these "leaks" by chance turn out to be fake, then I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I 100% believed them. Plus it's annoying that some people on here act like the "leaked" characters were outright confirmed (especially Steve, who I'm not a fan of in the first place). Reality will hit them like a truck if these "leaks" end up being fake, and it would be their own fault for completely buying what Vergeben says. Remember when part of the Gematsu leak was fake? It could end up being that all over again.
Except Gematsu never was fake.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

What I want to know is why did he even leak that information to begin with? What motive did he have for doing so? Did he just wanted to get fired? I'm curious.

ubiblu

Smash Rookie
I find it hard to believe he was accepted for turning himself in when he called himself mother ****ing leaker
You misunderstand the alleged sequence of events. The leaker shared the photos/vids discretely with a friend, who then shared it with another friend, who then uploaded the material as 'MF' Leaker. There is clear fault with the original ESRB employee, but it wouldn't be the first time commerically-sensitive information was shared amongst friends.; most are just smart enough not to implicate their friends.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You misunderstand the alleged sequence of events. The leaker shared the photos/vids discretely with a friend, who then shared it with another friend, who then uploaded the material as 'MF' Leaker. There is clear fault with the original ESRB employee, but it wouldn't be the first time commerically-sensitive information was shared amongst friends.; most are just smart enough not to implicate their friends.
I’m aware of this story, but can we prove this?

Also his just friend would have just as easily made the ersb guy look terrible. Nintendo was probably pretty pissed and what was said

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Is it heresy that I would prefer Black Knight over Celica? Not only is he a villain and not the main protagonist for once, but also represents a different movement type- armours. Yes he’s speedy for one but I’d just rather have him over another Lord. He’d make perfect sense as Ike’s Echo seeing as they were both trained by Greil and use sister swords. There’s also the matter that his ambiguous sprite from Castle Siege is gone and he had a Mii Costume.

Either way it’s another sword but at this point I’ll take anything different from the norm.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Huh? Robin and Lucina were revealed in the July video instead of Shulk, who was claimed to be the newcomer in that video by Sal Romano. Plus, Chrom was in the "leak," but ended up getting the shaft, along with the Chorus Kids, who weren't in the game at all.
Sakurai admitted that he had at one point considered Chrom, but scrapped the idea.

And there's data in SmashWiiU that suggests a Rhythm Heaven character was going to be in.

That's not 'fake info', that's 'outdated info'.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I’m aware of this story, but can we prove this?
I'm the proof, lol.

I've spoken to both the mf leaker and the ESRB leaker. One was an actual kid looking for his fifteen minutes, the other was a poor sap who put too much trust in his friends.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Huh? Robin and Lucina were revealed in the July video instead of Shulk, who was claimed to be the newcomer in that video by Sal Romano. Plus, Chrom was in the "leak," but ended up getting the shaft, along with the Chorus Kids, who weren't in the game at all.
Sakurai admitted that he had at one point considered Chrom, but scrapped the idea.

And there's data in SmashWiiU that suggests a Rhythm Heaven character was going to be in.

here's a good read about the gematsu leak

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace

I admit that not realizing that it was outdated rather than false was my mistake. Either way though, it still can apply to what I said about Vergeben's "leaks" in comparison to Gematsu, as some of what he's been "leaking" could be outdated information as well, for all we know.

Chrono.

Yeah, but it's evident that it was early information at the very least. What supports this is:
  • Chrom was at least considered, but Sakurai went for Robin instead. He's talked about it before.
  • "Pokemon from XY" being really vague likely meant that at that point it wasn't a sure thing they'd go for Greninja (probably the weakest point in it's favor, but hey)
  • Rhythm Heaven fighter icon was found in the dummy files. That, along with RH enemies being in Smash Run (it and Ice Climbers were the only franchises without characters), should be reason enough to think an RH newcomers was in the cards at one point.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
So if that Geno/Cecilia leak is real (I'm like 98% certain it's not, but still), do you guys think Geno is the supposed SE rep? It'd be weird for Verg to not even know who it is and have the character be so secretive, yet this random ass 4chan guy knew it was Geno months ago.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I admit that not realizing that it was outdated rather than false was my mistake. Either way though, it still can apply to what I said about Vergeben's "leaks" in comparison to Gematsu, as some of what he's been "leaking" could be outdated information as well, for all we know.
I kind of disagree with that. I wasn’t around for 4’s speculation cycle, but what I’m getting is that Gematsu was a one and done kind of deal. Posted once and never updated.

Compare that to Verg. He posts semi regularly about the leaks he has. For example, the Gen VII Pokemon started off as “not Decidueye.” Then, it became “not Decidueye, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc.” Now, it’s “Incineroar.” Verg’s sources are up to date, so similarily, his info is up to date. I feel everything he leaks is recent, and nothing like how the info about Chrom and RH being outdated.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the fact that Verg is in constant contact with his sources and is able to add to information more and more as time goes on proves that the information, if he's 100% legit, is very fresh.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Maybe I'm reading too much into a text post that might as well been a lucky guess, but the guy never mentioned echos.

Kinda makes me think Celica won't be an echo, theoretically speaking.
Well, making her a straight-up echo of Robin technically wouldn't make sense, considering that Gaiden/Echoes doesn't have weapon durability, which is a major gameplay mechanic for Robin.

If we're entertaining the idea of Celica (I don't believe the leak, but I like her), she'd likely need to be a semi-clone that draws from Robin's attack animations with similar properties while also wielding a sword for close range combat. The way Robin walks/runs/idles would match Celica about as well as Peach would match Daisy.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So if that Geno/Cecilia leak is real (I'm like 98% certain it's not, but still), do you guys think Geno is the supposed SE rep? It'd be weird for Verg to not even know who it is and have the character be so secretive, yet this random *** 4chan guy knew it was Geno months ago.
The fact that everyone and their grandmother think it's Geno and Every leaks ever since the game announcement put Geno in. Actually makes me think It won't be Geno because at this point you would think it's such obvious that there no reason to hide it beside SE own security measures.

So I'm like "meh" he's probably the one with the most chance realistically.
Like, the fact that he's here too much makes me think we will get really surprised with that SE rep. I still Hope for Eight/Erdrick from Dragon Quest, and my guilty pleasure would be Crono (and Sora but I don't want people to throw a fit. He's becoming Goku tiers with the discussion here.)

Like...if you can make a Miracle with Square-Enix, you don't put Cloud to follow with Geno.
There no pattern or whatever but...it feels wrong, like, kiiiiiinda anticlimactic?

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
I kind of disagree with that. I wasn’t around for 4’s speculation cycle, but what I’m getting is that Gematsu was a one and done kind of deal. Posted once and never updated.
Gematsu has 2 phases to the reveal. First before smash 4s reveal, it named villager, mega man, wii fit trainer, mii, palutena and pac-man. Early the next year, I believe it then added little Mac, a gen 7 Pokemon and chrom. So while not redoing anything it said, it did add a second piece later which turned out to be false (but reports say sakurai did consider chrom at some point before moving on to robin)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So the recent music track is the from Pokemon called “Battle (Steven)”.

It’s a little surprising that they took something from Gen 3 as it is from Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

I guess the Music theory isn’t the end to be all since a Gen 7 Pokémon is still most likely happening. Imagine a Gen 3 Pokémon gets in instead.

Last edited:

iruchii

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Vergeben say that Square-Enix's informers and sources are giving out random names around to confuse leakers and such? If the Celica leaker is real, and has a source, maybe that source got Geno from SE and, since this leak is quite old, wasn't aware at the time that SE was employing that anti-leak strategy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Think this track disconfirms a new Pokémon character or?

I think we’re still getting Incineroar, so if anything, RIP Music Theory

And fingers crossed once again for Bandana Dee

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So the recent music track is the from Pokemon called “Battle (Steven)”.

It’s a little surprising that they took something from Gen 3 as it is from Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

I guess the Music theory isn’t the end to be all since a Gen 7 Pokémon is still most likely happening. Imagine a Gen 3 Pokémon gets in instead.
We get Gardevoir and "Music Theory still works!!! Intern-kun just released it early!!!!11!1!1"

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Well.

Either music theory is dead, Incineroar is, or "PokePrivilege" is at play.

Certainly, it's not a gen VII song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom