• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Disagree as I said he looks like some average guy but blocky how more generic can you get there? I don't even get the appeal of Steve in the first place. I mean what's so great about him?
He is literally made out of squares. His art style is so unique that it'd set him apart a la Game and Watch. I'm not here to debate the specifics of why people want Steve in with you I am just telling you why he would likely have a much more unique design than you give him credit for.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He is literally made out of squares. His art style is so unique that it'd set him apart a la Game and Watch. I'm not here to debate the specifics of why people want Steve in with you I am just telling you why he would likely have a much more unique design than you give him credit for.
Still doesn't change my view on him but okay.

One of my problems with Steve is he really has no character going for him which is why at most if he is represented should be an assist or stage character.

Overall I think there's better third party choices. I'd even take Dante and Scorpion over him and I don't even think they fit into Smash IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Disagree as I said he looks like some average guy but blocky how more generic can you get there? I don't even get the appeal of Steve in the first place. I mean what's so great about him?
Like Villager, the appeal comes from the potential moveset rather than design or personality. Steve would be able to utilize pretty much anything you could think of:

*He could use Pickaxes, shovels, swords, shields, farm equipment and many other things for melee attacks
*He could use spawn eggs to spawn Minecraft enemies
*He could have some kind of crafting mechanic
*He could place destructible blocks for a stage control based moveset

And that's not even scratching the surface. His design may be bland, but moveset potential is anything but and would probably be the most unique character on the roster next to the Inklings IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Huh wow... Either someone inspected the element, or we may have another credible leaker on our hand
I'm pretty sure it's the former
No inspect element involved; if you check fireden you can find the post there, unaltered.

Granted because I'm a Box Believer™ I don't believe it unless it for some reason involved early DLC plans. :p

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Still doesn't change my view on him but okay.

One of my problems with Steve is he really has no character going for him which is why at most if he is represented should be an assist or stage character.

Overall I think there's better third party choices. I'd even take Dante or Scorpion over him and I don't even think they fit into Smash IMO.
I feel like if Steve got in, He would be a very fun and unique character... why is everyone so against him?
I'm Assuming it's the butt hurt Banjo kazooie fans, but idk

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
My problem with Black Shadow is that he's too generic. Plain and boring design, looks like Batman with horns (not that i hate Batman, it's quite the opposite actually).
Aesthetically, he's fine. You're probably looking at his f-zero gx model. His F-Zero X version has him wearing some kind of armor and in the anime he has some M. Bison-like grin and even Norio Wakamoto's voice (which would be awesome in smash).

How would he play, though? What could he bring?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In the end though it is Sakurai's game despite it being based mostly on fan requests and ballot so he can do what he wants with the game. But hey for those who wanted Steve if he gets in good on you. I'll be happy for you guys. ;)

Shroob

Sup?
Why does that matter? They're entertaining to watch. Of course he wants views and likes, any YouTuber does.
There's a difference in how people handle leaks.

A sane person would title their video "New leak from 4chan"

A LaxChris titles their video "SUPER CREDIBLE LEAK! 17 MORE FIGHTERS?! MUST SEE!!!!"

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Huh wow... Either someone inspected the element, or we may have another credible leaker on our hand
Definitely not inspect element, I remember this rumor when it happened. On top of this, he mentions Isabelle almost a week before Vergeben did.

Edit: I can believe this Rumor, specifically because Celica is pretty relevant to FE atm (they won't add a 3 Houses rep until DLC for sure) and Geno lines up with Vergebens SE character.

They got Simon and Ashley right, nearly 2 weeks before the direct.

Yes it could all be good guesses. But I can see Celica being her own unique character, just as Isabelle was (maybe a semi-clone of Robin?) and this Rumor doesn't suggest Celica or Isabelle were even Echo fighters here.

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
>17 Newcomers in total
Yare yare daze.
Either Sakurai is an absolute madman, or I can safely say that this is bull****.
It's fake. I checked the post on 4chan, they spelled Claus wrong... Also's Lucas' Masked Man Alt is still in this game...
Also Lax Chris reports on every fake leak posted on 4Chan
I pasted the wrong link, it's a different video now.

Chrono.

I don't mind if Black Shadow ever got in but I do take an issue with everyone shoehorning him in as an echo fighter. He has the same problems Isabelle would've as an echo of Villager.

The dude is massive and Falcon is slim and fast and echoes have to have the same weight and speed. So unless Sakurai decides to make this Brock Lesnar looking ************ sprint across stages like the Energizer Bunny, that ain't happening.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I like how nobody is talking about the leak back in July.

So far, like over half the information has been confirmed
  • It said there would be a direct in August where Simon and the Ashley AT would be revealed (which happened)
  • It mentioned Isabelle days before Verge did. (bonus points for not saying Villager-echo like a lot of the leaks before)
  • It mentions Geno, who would go in line with Verge's claim of a Square character a month later
The only thing this leak has different from all the other credible ones is that it mentions Celica. Personally, I could see her as a Robin semi-clone rather than an echo.
I do recall that Vergeben stated that any leaks without Simon and Isabelle are deemed fake.

As I stated from my past comments, I could see Celica work well as Robin's echo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't mind if Black Shadow ever got in but I do take an issue with everyone shoehorning him in as an echo fighter. He has the same problems Isabelle would've as an echo of Villager.

The dude is massive and Falcon is slim and fast and echoes have to have the same weight and speed. So unless Sakurai decides to make this Brock Lesnar looking ************ sprint across stages like the Energizer Bunny, that ain't happening.
He’d definitely have to be a semi clone. Especially since he has like black magic **** too.

cothero

Smash Lord
Aesthetically, he's fine. You're probably looking at his f-zero gx model. His F-Zero X version has him wearing some kind of armor and in the anime he has some M. Bison-like grin and even Norio Wakamoto's voice (which would be awesome in smash).

How would he play, though? What could he bring?
You're right about that, Sakurai really knows how to give characters a cooler look, like Wolf in Brawl and Ultimate. It could work on Black Shadow too. He could easily work as an echo for CF.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

**** guys guess I'm a leaker because I called Isabelle as unique
guessing Isabelle was as easy as Inklings, just because ya'll thought she was gon a be an Echo doesn't mean she wasn't super ****ing obvious

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Steve is indeed in base game this is then who I'd presume is left.

69: Steve
70: Incineroar
71: Elma
72: Geno

36e: Dixie Kong
38e: Shadow
54e: Medusa
60e: Ken

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
QUOTE="Shroob, post: 22479504, member: 223501"]There's a difference in how people handle leaks.

A LaxChris titles their video "SUPER CREDIBLE LEAK! 17 MORE FIGHTERS?! MUST SEE!!!!"[/QUOTE]

Yes his titles are major clickbait, I'll definitely agree on that. But his videos are entertaining nonetheless because it's fun to watch all these different leaks I would've missed out on otherwise.

And for me personally it's nice to see Medusa appear so often all the sudden, I hadn't dared to dream that in a thousand years.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I pasted the wrong link, it's a different video now.
Oh okay.
Yeah, this leak looks fake too. Lip is from a Japanese only game.
Though points for that Smash History Stage, I like that...
He’d definitely have to be a semi clone. Especially since he has like black magic **** too.
The thing is... F-Zero is a dead franchise. I'm not sure if it's gonna get a semi clone, let alone an echo.

Wow, those are very safe predictions. Very close to mine in fact.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yes his titles are major clickbait, I'll definitely agree on that. But his videos are entertaining nonetheless because it's fun to watch all these different leaks I would've missed out on otherwise.

And for me personally it's nice to see Medusa appear so often all the sudden, I hadn't dared to dream that in a thousand years.
I think you quoted the wrong person lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't believe my last post had fireden spelled as firemen for five whole minutes and nobody called me out.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice

A LaxChris titles their video "SUPER CREDIBLE LEAK! 17 MORE FIGHTERS?! MUST SEE!!!!"

And for me personally it's nice to see Medusa appear so often all the sudden, I hadn't dared to dream that in a thousand years

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

If this is what's left, shame that the echoes are more exciting than the newcomers...not that I'm complaining as I want both Medusa and Dixie in the game regardless...

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I had a thought recently... what if a Minecraft fighter wasn't explicitly Steve, but rather a fighter simply named "Minecraft" who, while Steve by default (standing, running, ect.), incorporated all sorts of elements of the Minecraft game into it's moveset?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Pretty nice to see some folks have the same predictions as mine. :)
Yeah, the only difference is that i'm not sure if we'd get a medusa echo... but other than that, almost the exact same as mine.
I can't believe my last post had fireden spelled as firemen for five whole minutes and nobody called me out.
I thought it was a nickname you gave it or something. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've made fake leaks before, but none of them ever got posted here.

I do remember seeing one being discussed back in Smash 4 though, it was funny.
I wasn't saying you made it, just that I bet someone browsing this thread did after the discussion you bought up.
I like how nobody is talking about the leak back in July.

So far, like over half the information has been confirmed
  • It said there would be a direct in August where Simon and the Ashley AT would be revealed (which happened)
  • It mentioned Isabelle days before Verge did. (bonus points for not saying Villager-echo like a lot of the leaks before)
  • It mentions Geno, who would go in line with Verge's claim of a Square character a month later
The only thing this leak has different from all the other credible ones is that it mentions Celica. Personally, I could see her as a Robin semi-clone rather than an echo.
Huh, I buy it. It adds up nicely.
That's pretty interesting! My only gripe is...
>Celica
>Another Fire Emblem Characters
>Implying we're ready for a bath salt because of more Fire Emblem Rep
>Believing we will get the Square-Enix rep names when Square are actually being super secretive.

However, I cannot say anything about the rest, since he was Spot-on for Simon and Ashley.
Its Celica, she just won CYL2 I don't think she would be bring salt. Hell Corrin mainly bought salt since they "took" a DLC spot from someone else. And when this roster is one of the best ones possible, I doubt she'd get complaints.

Also the leakers know the square character but won't tell Verge. That doesn't mean there isn't someone ballsy enough to leak it.
The only thing that has me curious about Celica being in is that the developers for Fire Emblem Warriors weren’t aware of Echoes until late in development. Wouldn’t the same have applied to the Smash team? Just a thought, I’m not against Celica although I’d prefer Black Knight.
Ultimate has been planned awhile, and he's also Sakurai. He tends to know everything being made at around the time his game is. So it wouldn't be a stretch if he knew.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind more Fire Emblem if they were unique and interesting.

If they're another clone or semi-clone, though...Well, I'll be happy for those who wanted it, lol. :p

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I had a thought recently... what if a Minecraft fighter wasn't explicitly Steve, but rather a fighter simply named "Minecraft" who, while Steve by default (standing, running, ect.), incorporated all sorts of elements of the Minecraft game into it's moveset?
I always assumed he would be called "Minecrafter" Or Something like that
Also 100th Page... Yay!

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I remember this has been hanging around for a while, so I don't think this is a ruse one. However there are so many leaks i think some are bound to be "correct" for longer than they should be.

Also these guys are gonna get me to unironically watch Minecon huh, haven't played the game since like, 2011 lmao.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

If you don't want to miss out on leaks, take 10 minutes to browse this thread instead of incentivizing this guy's bad behaviors. People who use clickbait titles are one of the worst things about Youtube right now. Don't encourage that.
**** guys guess I'm a leaker because I called Isabelle as unique
guessing Isabelle was as easy as Inklings, just because ya'll thought she was gon a be an Echo doesn't mean she wasn't super ****ing obvious
Guessing Isabelle as a unique character wasn't though, because it went against the bandwagon. It's one of the best evidences for the second Dante leak in my opinion. But then, I believe box theory and I'm the fun nazi so what do I know? :/
i'm getting kinda bored of arguing over characters and boxes and at this point I'm just waiting for the real deal leak so we can finally conclude this and move forward to talk.
Me too.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
My problem with Black Shadow is that he's too generic. Plain and boring design, looks like Batman with horns (not that i hate Batman, it's quite the opposite actually).
Batman? Because both are black? ... He is based on a dark bull for cryin out loud.
I think on the contrary Black Shadow is a pretty good design, and I find him quite interesting. I guess it's all about the eye that sees.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The fact that nobody has the guts to risk provoking Square's wrath by tipping off Vergeben is astounding, impressive, and frightening. It explains why Cloud never got leaked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom