• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyways, in other news I found this...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Nintendo might be listening to our prayers after all
For the love of all that is good, please let this be real. Playing Paper Mario 64 and Mario 64 on a portable is the dream.

(I know Mario 64 DS is a thing, buuuuuut I never liked that version as much as the original, lol. Controls a little too clunky for my tastes.)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yet he is still an assist trophy... Trust me, I would love some Japanese exclusive characters to be in smash (Sukapon and Ayumi Tachibana were among my most wanted), I just don't see it happening

Anyways, in other news, I found this...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Nintendo might be listening to our prayers after all (Not sure if this was discussed yet, but I Don't Care)
It's a misconception. The JSON is the part of Nintendo's network that is unified among all of its systems, so that code is most likely referring to 3DS and Wii U.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
"A few more to announce" could mean anything, and frankly I refuse to believe a game this big would end its pre-launch reveals on an obvious clone and yet another Pokemon. Bring up all the past examples you want, but based on the amount of changes made Nintendo is definitely learning from those mistakes.
I mean you can believe whatever you want of course but be ready for dissapointment, just as heads up, smash brawl and wii u had the most antihype characters as final release.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Fake text leaks on 4Chan are the easiest to make. Everyone and their grandmother can make them.

I have no idea why anyone gives them the time of day.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Why do people keep on trying with these fake leaks, it's becoming pathetic at this point.
It's funnier to talk about 4chan's fake leak and see their methods and crazy character choices even if recently it has only been "Ken/Incineroar/Geno/Steve", than having the Box discussion about people ready to get disappointed in the worst case scenario, or the Disney bishy boy who will get blueballed because he's locked to the Mouse Empire vs Forgotten 20 years old puppet that is in the Mario Limbo for 20 years.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Nowadays, he would never add a Japanese only character.
This is honestly a tad sad. Melee was the reason Fire Emblem came west. A Smash inclusion could potentially lead a dead, Japan only franchise to a bright new future. It's 70% of the reason I wanted Takamaru to make it to Smash 4/Ultimate.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
It's funnier to talk about 4chan's fake leak and see their methods and crazy character choices even if recently it has only been "Ken/Incineroar/Geno/Steve", than having the Box discussion about people ready to get disappointed in the worst case scenario, or the Disney bishy boy who will get blueballed because he's locked to the Mouse Empire vs Forgotten 20 years old puppet that is in the Mario Limbo for 20 years.
Well that's true, it is rather funny to see what choices they may think of at times.

As someone who tries to think positively I should have realized that.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Fake text leaks on 4Chan are the easiest to make. Everyone and their grandmother can make them.

I have no idea why anyone gives them the time of day.
I like it when people make fake leaks about weird characters. The Reimu jeuxvideo leak was hilarious and part of me wanted it to be true.

It's all fake but it's a lot more fun to talk about Ayumi Tachibana or an Undertale stage or look at Photoshops and humor the what-ifs than argue in circles about boxes and blogs.

D

Deleted member

Ok fes up, who here made this?

It literally echos the conversation @Shishœ caused yesterday by saying no text leak from 4chan was right.

He literally opens with that entire argument.

That said crash bandicoot would be hype and I could honestly see another mewtwo situation
I've made fake leaks before, but none of them ever got posted here.

I do remember seeing one being discussed back in Smash 4 though, it was funny.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This is honestly a tad sad. Melee was the reason Fire Emblem came west. A Smash inclusion could potentially lead a dead, Japan only franchise to a bright new future. It's 70% of the reason I wanted Takamaru to make it to Smash 4/Ultimate.
God if not Japan only franchises, how about WW Franchises that aren't big but could be?

- Rhythm Heaven
- Golden Sun
- Sin and Punishment
- Custom Robo (RIP ik this is impossible now)

All could be bigger franchises (most importantly, be revived) if Smash decides to represent them with a character finally.

Better yet, the first 3 actually have had their trademarks renewed this year so it can be a good sign relatively. Plus all 3 have been well reviewed and well liked. Golden Sun oddly got it's trademark renewed 3 years early, which could point to something truly big happening with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are you saying every rule is gonna be broken? If that were the case, we would have had Goku and Shrek announced by now...

Also, funny you mention Sukapon. If she (yes, she's female) wasn't Japan only, pretty sure she would have been a potential Smash Candidate. Her and Takamaru... and of course, that didn't happen

Rules can be broken... but you have to cross the line somewhere...
I think you mean "Draw the line somewhere" right now, the line continues to be crossed lol

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
so I saw the Mojang dev's tweet.

Hoping for Minecraft in Smash, but could be literally anything.

I doubt it's a show, and they're already working on changing the default textures - that is known - while they let the community and people they've let become official creators on the Bedrock Edition marketplace release texture/resource packs while also releasing a few themselves so that seems unlikely for an announcement, "Biome Chooser" is where you vote for the next biome to be updated and that is known...

I can imagine it being the Minecraft movie - I recall that being planned for 2019 - so either that, Smash, an update that everyone expects so he may as well say "new update / update we can't talk about" instead of "thing we can't talk about," or just about anything else.

Also, I noticed this guy telling one of the users on that twitter thread "From what I've heard, you may be disappointed"; the user was another person who's hyped for Steve in Smash.

I checked out the page of the guy who told the user that, and he seems to be a leaker...or, at least, someone posing as a leaker. He seems to have close-to-no attention from anyone, acts as though he has an amiibo list from Nintendo themselves, and just seems to make safe predictions, i.e. "another Yoshi amiibo for the crafted Yoshi game." His account appears to have been created this month; his first tweet was yesterday, when he mentioned an amiibo list and asked Nintendo how's the Smash roster looking :I

anyway he's probably just another faker, and he has few posts, but may as well share the link I suppose:
https://twitter.com/GamingSieve/status/1044269035779772417

actually yeah the way he tweets just gives it away, doesn't it? idk
What Mojang dev tweet?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think you mean "Draw the line somewhere" right now, the line continues to be crossed lol
lol, I fixed it... Thanks
God if not Japan only franchises, how about WW Franchises that aren't big but could be?

- Rhythm Heaven
- Golden Sun
- Sin and Punishment
- Custom Robo (RIP ik this is impossible now)

All could be bigger franchises (most importantly, be revived) if Smash decides to represent them with a character finally.

Better yet, the first 3 actually have had their trademarks renewed this year so it can be a good sign relatively. Plus all 3 have been well reviewed and well liked. Golden Sun oddly got it's trademark renewed 3 years early, which could point to something truly big happening with it.
I feel like out of all of these, Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun are the most likely

Rhythm Heaven Is the only one of these 4 that is still ongoing, Also we know that a Rhythm Heaven Character was likely planned for Smash 4, but it was cut for some reason, so it's definitely on Sakurai's mind... (There might be some slight bias here)

As for Golden Sun, the absolute demand for Isaac is definitely noteworthy as a potential ballot pick. I can see him being added as a surprise character...

As for the other two, Sin and Punishment seems too Niche, and Custom Robo... Well... R.I.P

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Electrick_EEL

Smash Cadet
I like how nobody is talking about the leak back in July.

So far, like over half the information has been confirmed
  • It said there would be a direct in August where Simon and the Ashley AT would be revealed (which happened)
  • It mentioned Isabelle days before Verge did. (bonus points for not saying Villager-echo like a lot of the leaks before)
  • It mentions Geno, who would go in line with Verge's claim of a Square character a month later
The only thing this leak has different from all the other credible ones is that it mentions Celica. Personally, I could see her as a Robin semi-clone rather than an echo.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Woof, looks like things got heated there for a bit. Glad to see it's calmed down a little bit, at least.

Even if Box Theory proves true, I'm okay with it. Then again, the roster could have ended at Inklings and Ridley and I would have been okay with it, lol. Characters aren't the end all be all of a Smash game for me personally, so if a few I want don't get in, it's definitely a bummer but in the grand scheme of things nothing that's really a big deal to me. Besides, DLC is most likely gonna be a thing, so unless that gets shot down, base roster isn't gonna be the end and we'll at least have a few post-release updates to add a little more. :)
I wouldn’t mind due to Ridley and King k rool

But anyway for everyone there’s a chance the box theory could be killed on Saturday

Because minecon is there and if Steve really is playable he would logically be shown there.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

• It said there would be a direct in August where Simon and the Ashley AT would be revealed (which happened)
  • It mentioned Isabelle days before Verge did. (bonus points for not saying Villager-echo like a lot of the leaks before)
  • It mentions Geno, who would go in line with Verge's claim of a Square character a month later
The only thing this leak has different from all the other credible ones is that it mentions Celica. Personally, I could see her as a Robin semi-clone rather than an echo.
Suddenly advocating for this leak as it's got Geno on it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Huh wow... Either someone inspected the element, or we may have another credible leaker on our hand
I'm pretty sure it's the former

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL/status/1044151546110447616

It seems they have a secret.

It could be Smash, it could be something else. While some companies would act like nothing is going on, Mojang and some of their members tend to be more humorous so I wouldn't discount the possibility of an NDA (I don't think that message would break it, anyway).
If Minecraft Steve is Fighter 69, I will be 100% okay with his inclusion lmfao.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Umm

Celicas voice actor said she has nothing to do with smash bros ultimate

If Minecraft Steve is Fighter 69, I will be 100% okay with his inclusion lmfao.
Not to mention that would kill the box leak

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Could be literally anything from random merch, a Netflix series, to a Minecraft Tesla model. I wouldn't put too much stock on it.

It has Celica in it so I chose to not believe in case they got lucky. Simon could be riding verg, Isabelle and Ashley AT weren't that hard to guess, too. Also having the Direct in August is slightly suspicious, tho.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL/status/1044151546110447616

It seems they have a secret.

It could be Smash, it could be something else. While some companies would act like nothing is going on, Mojang and some of their members tend to be more humorous so I wouldn't discount the possibility of an NDA (I don't think that message would break it, anyway).
Not Smash, lmao. Nintendo would say something if there was a Minecon reveal.

Chrono.

Huh wow... Either someone inspected the element, or we may have another credible leaker on our hand
I'm pretty sure it's the former
It's not Inspect Element, or at least I doubt it.

I know Opossum Opossum has brought up the leak from time to time so he probably knows better about it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

That's pretty interesting! My only gripe is...
>Celica
>Another Fire Emblem Characters
>Implying we're ready for a bath salt because of more Fire Emblem Rep
>Believing we will get the Square-Enix rep names when Square are actually being super secretive.

However, I cannot say anything about the rest, since he was Spot-on for Simon and Ashley.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Found another interesting one that is likely fake, but surely entertaining and would be perfect to me if it were real:

Leak Video

This is the 5th leak Medusa has appeared in in these past 5 days, and I'm extremely thrilled to see people including her!

EDIT: had the wrong link first, the video I meant should appear now lol

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't understand why people keep putting Black Shadow in their fake leaks. F-Zero hasn't had a new game in nearly 15 years... why do people assume it's getting a new character over current ongoing franchises like Kirby and Star Fox?
Edit: Changed one word because it caused angry comments.
My problem with Black Shadow is that he's too generic. Plain and boring design, looks like Batman with horns (not that i hate Batman, it's quite the opposite actually).

Chrono.

Found another interesting one that is likely fake, but surely entertaining and would be perfect to me if it were real:

Leak Video

This is the 5th leak Medusa has appeared in these past 5 days, and I'm extremely thrilled to see people including her!
Don't give Lax Chris any attention, he just posts any low tier leak he can for views.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
The only thing that has me curious about Celica being in is that the developers for Fire Emblem Warriors weren’t aware of Echoes until late in development. Wouldn’t the same have applied to the Smash team? Just a thought, I’m not against Celica although I’d prefer Black Knight.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My problem with Black Shadow is that he's too generic. Plain and boring design, looks like Batman with horns (not that i hate Batman, it's quite the opposite actually).
Can't be anymore generic then Steve though who simply just looks like a average joe but blocky.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Leak Video

This is the 5th leak Medusa has appeared in in these past 5 days, and I'm extremely thrilled to see people including her!
>17 Newcomers in total
Yare yare daze.
Either Sakurai is an absolute madman, or I can safely say that this is bull****.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not Smash, lmao. Nintendo would say something if there was a Minecon reveal.
Tell that to Ubisoft and the Starlink Starfox Crossover at their E3 Confernce...

Leak Video

This is the 5th leak Medusa has appeared in these past 5 days, and I'm extremely thrilled to see people including her!
It's fake. I checked the post on 4chan, they spelled Claus wrong... Also's Lucas' Masked Man Alt is still in this game...
Also Lax Chris reports on every fake leak posted on 4Chan

Can't be anymore generic then Steve though who simply just looks like a average joe but blocky.
If you ask me, Steve looks very unique. He'd pop out nicely among the Smash cast

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom