• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How long is Celeste anyway? I think last I played I had just beat the hotel level.
That’d be the third level. I think the main campaign is about 8 hours straight through, it’ll take longer depending on how many collectibles you wanna get. 100% Completion should be roughly around 35 hours

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here is a video of a moveset prediction of Joker from GameXplain
What is your prediction towards Joker's moveset in ultimate?
Arsene for his specials, dagger and a lot of acrobatics (maybe even looking like a jumping shadow like he does when moving between covers) for his normals, All-Out Attack Final Smash. I don't think they'll make use of his Wild Card ability. Gun, a big maybe but it'd be cool.

They might also use Persona Break to add a counterpart of SP, but I doubt it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Does she manage to get better by the end of the game though?
Besides, I always saw Smash as a friendly competition but I understand the concerns of beating up a character like her.

No problem, I don't mind it considering I won't have a chance to play it anywhere in the near future.
In Chapter 6 there's a track called "Confronting Myself" and there's 8 chapters of the game, although the final one is technically post game
Here is a video of a moveset prediction of Joker from GameXplain
What is your prediction towards Joker's moveset in ultimate?
I have no clue but when some friends were discussing the datamine leaking stats and a rapid jab for Joker they started thinking it'd be his gun. I mentioned he has a rapid jab to a friend outside of this and he immediately started mimicking Joker's Gun command so I suppose that's there

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One of the things I really liked about this game, that I have seen very few mention, is the fact that nearly every stage in the history of the series returned. I cannot tell you how much nostalgia I have for levels such as Brinstar Depths and Fourside (the former in particular was among the biggest pleasant surprises that Melee gave me). There is more to Smash Bros. than just the characters on the roster, and many of these stages throughout the series represent games that I really enjoyed.

This game is a celebration of the whole Smash Bros. series in general.

Here is a list of all the games represented with the stages in Ultimate:

Super Mario:
Super Mario 64 (Peach's Castle 64, Peach's Castle Melee, Rainbow Ride)
Super Mario Bros. (Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroomy Kingdom)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Mushroom Kingdom II)
Super Mario World (technically a Yoshi's stage but whatever- Yoshi's Island Melee)
Mario Kart DS (Figure-8 Circuit)
Luigi's Mansion (Luigi's Mansion)
Mario Bros. (Mario Bros.)
Super Mario 3D Land (3D Land)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Golden Plains)
Paper Mario - Sticker Star and Thousand Year Door (Paper Mario)
New Super Mario Bros. U (Mushroom Kingdom U)
Super Mario Galaxy (Mario Galaxy)
Mario Kart 8 (Mario Circuit)
Super Mario Maker (Super Mario Maker)
Super Mario Odyssey (New Donk City Hall)

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong Country/DK64 (practically every DK stage, Kongo Jungle, Kongo Falls, Jungle Japes)
Donkey Kong (75m)

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time (Hyrule Castle, Gerudo Valley)
Zelda II (Hyrule Temple)
Majora's Mask (Great Bay)
Wind Waker (Pirate Ship)
Twilight Princess (Eldin Bridge)
Spirit Tracks (Spirit Train)
Skyward Sword (Skyloft)
Breath of the Wild (Great Plateau Tower)

Metroid:
Metroid/Super/Zero Mission (Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Norfair)
Metroid Prime (Frigate Orpheon)

Yoshi:
Yoshi's Story (Super Happy Tree, Yoshi's Story)
Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Island Brawl)

Kirby:
Kirby's Dream Land (Dream Land GB)
Adventure (Fountain of Dreams)
Superstar (Halberd, Great Cave Offensive)
Kirby in general (Dream Land, Green Greens)

Star Fox:
Star Fox/64/Zero (Corneria, Venom, Lylat Cruise)

Pokemon:
Red/Blue (Saffron City)
Diamond/Pearl (Spear Pillar)
Black/White (Unova Pokemon League)
X/Y (Prism Tower, Kalos Pokemon League)
Pokemon in general (Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2)

Mother/EarthBound:
Mother/EarthBound Beginnings (Magicant)
Mother 2/EarthBound (Onett, Fourside)
Mother 3 (New Pork City)

F-Zero:
F-Zero SNES (Mute City SNES)
F-Zero GX (Port Town Aero Dive)
F-Zero in general (Big Blue)

Fire Emblem:
Awakening (Arena Ferox)
Series in general (Castle Siege, Colosseum)

Ice Climber:
Ice Climber (Summit takes a lot of liberties though)

Game & Watch:
Flat Zone X (Fire, Oil Panic, Helmet, Chef, Lion)

Kid Icarus:
Kid Icarus, Of Myths and Monsters (Skyworld)
Uprising (Reset Bomb Forest, Palutena's Temple)

WarioWare:
Mega Micro Games (WarioWare, Inc.)
Game & Wario (Gamer)

Pikmin:
Pikmin 3 (Garden of Hope)
Pikmin series in general (Distant Planet)

Metal Gear Solid:
Metal Gear Solid (Shadow Moses Island)

Sonic the Hedgehog:
Sonic 1 (Green Hill Zone)
Lost World (Windy Hill Zone)

Animal Crossing:
Series in general (Smashville)
City Folk (Town and City)
New Leaf (Tortimer Island)

Wii Fit:
Series in general (Wii Fit Studio)

Punch-Out:
Series in general (Boxing Ring)

Mii:
Wii Sports Resort (Wuhu Island)
Find Mii (Find Mii)
Tomodachi Life (Tomodachi Life)

Xenoblade Chronicles:
Gaur Plains (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Duck Hunt:
Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt)

Mega Man:
Series in general (Wily's Castle)

Pac-Man:
Pac-Land (Pac-Land)

Street Fighter:
Street Fighter II (Suzaku Castle)

Final Fantasy:
Final Fantasy VII (Midgar)

Bayonetta:
Series in general (Umbra Clock Tower)

Castlevania:
Series in general (Dracula's Castle)

Electroplankton:
Electroplankton (Hanenbow)

Balloon Fight:
Balloon Fight (Balloon Fight)

Pilotwings:
Pilotwings (Pilotwings)

Wrecking Crew:
Wrecking Crew (Wrecking Crew)

Reread the November Direct pages out of curiosity.

Yikes...didn’t expect Smashboards of all sites to get salty over the Direct, I normally expect anger out of YouTube/Gamefaqs but man, y’all were pretty disappointed about the leak being fake too.

....I felt the exact same way at that time, I was streaming it with another site.
I was not disappointed since I was expecting that it was going to be Incineroar and Ken with the possibility of another echo (and another full fledged newcomer (either base roster or the first DLC fighter). Piranha Plant was definitely a shock though. I would never have thought that would have been the character to kick off DLC, let alone be in to begin with.

Sakurai's repeated warnings made it clear that the "Grinch Leak" was unrealistic. He said not to expect too many new fighters at E3 2018, and then after the Belmonts, Chrom, and Dark Samus were confirmed he said there were only "a few" more characters left to unveil (this was before K. Rool and Isabelle). Four more characters definitely fit the definition of "a few".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, we're doing dream DLCs?

View attachment 185821

NGL, not all of them are dream picks for me personally(Joker and currently not on the Geno train), but with that most the Nintendo characters I feel most deserving make it.
You can swap Tingle out for Midna, Impa or Ghirahim if you really must(as I have many Zelda characters I like) but with that every slightly significant Nintendo character I could think of has been included...except maybe Paper Mario if you count him as a seperate entity and not just Mario from a different dimension.

I really wish I cared more for third parties. I just don't. Sigh. Tails, Crash and Spyro I guess would be neat, but very few third parties personally appeal.
My personal "Dream Dlc" would go something like this:

1)Monkey D. Luffy
2)Monk Maz Koshia
3)Yuga(google it)
4)Yusaku(Playmaker, again, google it)
5)Galeem(odd choice, right?)

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
If I had complete control over this DLC, the remaining 4 would be:

DLC #2: Octolings
DLC #3: Crono
DLC #4: Yuri Lowell
DLC #5: Dr. Eggman

That'd get a nice 11/10 for me with Joker and :ultpiranha: included.
Mine would be...

DLC #2: Magnus
DLC #3: Henry Flemming (codename STEAM)
DLC #4: Doomguy
DLC #5: Geno (just to complete the Brawl trinity)

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
My personal "Dream Dlc" would go something like this:

1)Monkey D. Luffy
2)Monk Maz Koshia
3)Yuga(google it)
4)Yusaku(Playmaker, again, google it)
5)Galeem(odd choice, right?)
The one character in there I don't know doesn't have a "Google it".
(Or is that Just the champions ballad character)

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Lots of opinions and assumptions.

Considering Rayman has more titles and has sold more... I don't know if Doom is bigger.

Doom is an early 90's IP too. It's not like NES or arcade tier.

Plus why Doom? There are other western IP much bigger then Doom.

Your points are pretty subjective, and depend heavily on a likely faked rumor.

"Ubisoftich smaller company" ..lol

Claiming Doom had no impact or didn't sell well is just plain willful ignorance. Workplace productivity across the United States dipped when Doom was released. Bill Gates made a cameo in a Windows 95 presentation using Doom to lure away DOS holdouts. The fact that a console was powerful enough not to play Doom well but to simply do it in FULLSCREEN was a selling point on the front of a box, which shows just how desperate people were for a mere taste of it.

Few games are as big as Doom.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when Duke Nukem and Half-Life were Doom clones? Doom was absolutely BONKERS huge back in the 90s.
Also relevant video.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
People have made Doom run on refridgerators.

I'd like to say it's become a very cool game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What we need is another Pit echo for Smash

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I really appreciate about World of Light is the fact that the bosses of the Light and Dark Realms mirror each other.

Both have a ruler of light or darkness (Galeem vs Dharkon)
Both have one of the Hands (Master Hand vs Crazy Hand)
Both have a playable Nintendo villain transforming into a boss (Giga Bowser vs Ganon)
Both have a third party boss (Rathalos vs Dracula)
Both have a purple boss who debuted in one of Sakurai's games (Galleom vs Marx)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One thing I really appreciate about World of Light is the fact that the bosses of the Light and Dark Realms mirror each other.

Both have a ruler of light or darkness (Galeem vs Dharkon)
Both have one of the Hands (Master Hand vs Crazy Hand)
Both have a playable Nintendo villain transforming into a boss (Giga Bowser vs Ganon)
Both have a third party boss (Rathalos vs Dracula)
Both have a purple boss who debuted in one of Sakurai's games (Galleom vs Marx)
I also liked how it gave various characters (such as Bomberman and Lip) a role in the mode (whether blowing up boulders or growing a vine). However, the biggest smallest touch to me personally was giving Pico a role in it, where you even get to control his F-Zero machine (Wild Goose). Pico is one of my favorite minor Nintendo characters in general, so him getting a role beyond trophy/sticker/spirit was a very pleasant surprise for me.

Heck, I like the fact that Kraid was a Dojo Master too and that he talks in roars and grunts.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Real talk, I love learning about the gaming world whenever rumours and **** pop up cause it shows just how badly people isolate themselves. We have it now with people trying to argue Doom wasn't a major hit or claim it isn't very Nintendo, we had it with the Erdrick stuff, I'm having it with Ninja Gaiden (**** I found out a Hayabusa boss fight exists in Nioh today), we had Shroob have to explain to the entire thread what Granblue is and we had it a while ago with people asking who Raiden from MGS was

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Real talk, I love learning about the gaming world whenever rumours and **** pop up cause it shows just how badly people isolate themselves. We have it now with people trying to argue Doom wasn't a major hit or claim it isn't very Nintendo, we had it with the Erdrick stuff, I'm having it with Ninja Gaiden (**** I found out a Hayabusa boss fight exists in Nioh today), we had Shroob have to explain to the entire thread what Granblue is and we had it a while ago with people asking who Raiden from MGS was
Does anyone even play Minecraft?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
we had Shroob have to explain to the entire thread what Granblue is
This is a moot point since Grandblue is a Japan exclusive mobile game.

Most people here wouldn’t have known what Grandblue was just because of that unless you’re into Japanese culture. And Grandblue was only brought up because Hitagi thought Katalina was gonna be in Smash when it was for Versus instead (mind you, Versus is the first Grandblue related game that is going to get a worldwide release).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This is a moot point since Grandblue is a Japan exclusive mobile game.

Most people here wouldn’t have known what Grandblue was just because of that unless you’re into Japanese culture. And Grandblue was only brought up because of Hitagi thought Katalina was gonna be in Smash when it was for Versus instead (mind you, Versus is the first Grandblue related game that is going to get a worldwide release).
Except no, it fits my point perfectly. It is HUGE in some other part of the world, and it's exciting to me to learn something like that. Nobody else here knew it even existed so hearing there's this huge thing in Japan which is clearly INCREDIBLY successful there is shocking to us and makes us have to admit we didn't know as much as we thought

D

Deleted member

Honestly I’m surprised by the amount of people who aren’t familiar with Hayabusa. I get that the last mainline Ninja Gaiden game was nearly 7 years ago, but I thought the series was pretty infamous for the original trilogy and the modern action games. Hell, the modern games are still considered some of the best third person action games ever made alongside DMC.
That’s not even bringing up DOA either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Considering Rayman has more titles
having more titles means nothing here

like when Xenoblade can get in with a single title and only a couple years meanwhile it took Animal Crossing 4 titles and 13 years to get into Smash...

it means absolutely nothing

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Real talk I’m surprised by the amount of people who aren’t familiar with Hayabusa. I get that the last mainline Ninja Gaiden game was nearly 7 years ago, but I thought the series was pretty infamous for the original trilogy and the modern action games. Hell, the modern games are still considered some of the best third person action games ever made alongside DMC.
I've been a Nintendo baby most of my life so I knew **** all about anything else, so Ninja Gaiden's 3D games finding their home on the xbox meant I'd pretty much never learn about it

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly I’m surprised by the amount of people who aren’t familiar with Hayabusa. I get that the last mainline Ninja Gaiden game was nearly 7 years ago, but I thought the series was pretty infamous for the original trilogy and the modern action games. Hell, the modern games are still considered some of the best third person action games ever made alongside DMC.
Yeah, here's the thing.

Action games are hard.
And unless you have an extraordinarily broad range of difficulties like in Kingdom Hearts, those types of games are always going to be on the niche side.

D

Deleted member

Except no, it fits my point perfectly. It is HUGE in some other part of the world, and it's exciting to me to learn something like that. Nobody else here knew it even existed so hearing there's this huge thing in Japan which is clearly INCREDIBLY successful there is shocking to us and makes us have to admit we didn't know as much as we thought
It is popular in Japan, but it's unreasonable to expect people who don't live there or aren't deep into it's culture to know, or even care, about Granblue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom