• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You know, Fortnite is not banned in China. Enjoy those numbers for now, as even with those and not counting FN there it still out grow it 5 times. Which was my original point. Smugness.. pff
It is taking all of my willpower not to deconstruct your arguments by pointing out each flaw individually. But then I remember that a) it won't amount to any change in your view since you ignore anything that counters your currently held view already, b) no one in this thread cares anymore and you're the only one still pushing the "Minecraft hasn't proven establishment" angle with logical fallacies and bad math, and c) I have better things to do with my energy because I don't even like Minecraft.

I wish I could view the world with an unapologetic view uninhibited by pesky things like facts and logic. But I can't. I envy you.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nah, dude. Lucky is the Microsoft rep for Smash.
Edit: Real talk, if we get him in, Tails supporters are gonna be ultra salty.
Sakurai: I had considered Tails, but Lucky had only one tail to render. Two tails pushed the hardware too hard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
fun fact: my first smash 4 main was :4bowser: (you can check my old old posts, this was before the game was even out)

fun fact #2: i fell in love with :ultbowser: so now i have another main

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ok so the current Switch games I own are Smash Ultimate, FE Warriors, and Mario Odyssey. I plan to get BotW, next but afterwards what Switch games would you guys recommend?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ok so the current Switch games I own are Smash Ultimate, FE Warriors, and Mario Odyssey. I plan to get BotW, next but afterwards what Switch games would you guys recommend?
Depends. Did you own a Wii U?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Splatoon 2.

And if you didn't own a Wii U, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Tropical Freeze.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>he got FE Warriors
>not Hyrule Warriors
the worst sin in the book of dynasty warriors spinoffs the gundam one is alright tho

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
>he got FE Warriors
>not Hyrule Warriors
the worst sin in the book of dynasty warriors spinoffs the gundam one is alright tho
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 is absolutely not alright.

D

Deleted member

Talking a
If you don’t have a Wii U:

-DKC:Tropical Freeze.
-Crash N.Sane Trilogy.
-Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition.
-Sonic Mania Plus.
-Pokkén Tournament DX.
-Kirby Star Allies.
-Super Bomberman R.
-Mario Tennis Aces.
-Mario + Rabbids.
-Doom 2016.
-Doom Eternal.
-Dragon Quest Builders.
-Octopath Traveller.
-CTR:Nitro Fueled.
-Starlink.
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
-mua3

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
celeste is fun
hard as nails though

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So with Jack presumably being Joker cause Jack Frost, any connections with Brave?
I can't think of anything.
It may be some obscure DQ reference, but I don't closely link that word with anything.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, the only games I can think of on it that have already been ported to Switch are MK8 and Tropical Freeze.
Well both of those games are phenomenal. But if you already have them on Wii U, you're not missing anything significant from either.

Hyrule Warriors is better than Fire Emblem Warriors in almost every way. If you like FEW, definitely get HW. But again, there's no significant upgrade worth a full price purchase if you already had the game on Wii U.

Then Splatoon 2 is a must-have. On the downloadable front, Ittle Dew 2 is a gem people don't talk about enough, and Little Inferno is wonderful if you didn't play it on Wii U. Also Typoman, Hollow Knight, Night in the Woods, Child of Light, Stardew Valley and Sonic Mania. If you don't play your Switch alone, definitely get Super Mario Party. Best Mario Party game since probably MP4.

D

Deleted member

So with Jack presumably being Joker cause Jack Frost, any connections with Brave?
Characters who come to my mind:

-Erdrick (brave heroe)
-Hero/Eight from DQ8 (same as before)
-Rayman (same as before)
-Bandana Dee (brave partner)
-Doomguy (brave killer/destroyer)

D

Deleted member

My "first impressions" of Smash Bros(got it for christmas btw)

It's cool I guess. Would have liked for a few things to be different(COUGH COUGH WOL) but everything else in fine.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Thanks for the suggestion guys. After BotW I'll most likely get Hyrule Warriors and do my best to check out all of the other games.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Brave might be too obvious but could it connect to Agnes as well?
Honestly, that's my guess right now. "Brave" is an adjective applied to just about any videogame protagonist ever. Bravely Default is all that comes to mind for someone who could stand out by being called "Brave".

Either that or Disney's playing nice.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

U Untouch also found that it could be the term "Hero"

If so, I think that's some further ammunition to add onto the Dragon Quest train.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Please do not spread the "Brave" and "Jack" thing. This is not good and somebody leaked it out from private groups. We don't want this to be public knowledge. If you want to discuss it, please keep it on the downlow or in private. Just don't reference the games code directly. Nintendo might catch on. Eesh.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
If you don't play your Switch alone, definitely get Super Mario Party. Best Mario Party game since probably MP4.
I would have definitely gotten Mario Party

If they didn't cut Toad and Toadette. What were they thinking?? And they cut them but added Monty Mole and Goomba?? Do they even count as characters??? LOL

If you like FEW, definitely get HW. But again, there's no significant upgrade worth a full price purchase if you already had the game on Wii U.
I'll also comment on this though, I didn't play Legends but HW Switch has all of its new content so I'd definitely recommend getting it if you liked it on the Wii U, you'd have to replay a little bit of the same content but a lot of the Adventure mode maps were revised and rebalanced, it's like a fresh new experience imo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
****ing hell Shulk plays so smooth for me

but that face

Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Someone thought this was okay.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Please do not spread the "Brave" and "Jack" thing. This is not good and somebody leaked it out from private groups. We don't want this to be public knowledge. If you want to discuss it, please keep it on the downlow or in private. Just don't reference the games code directly. Nintendo might catch on. Eesh.
Ok. But just curious why do we not want this to be public knowledge?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd assume Erdrick, as he's a warrior...
Warriors are usually brave
Something to consider though. If we're using "brave" as a major personality trait, then...

:ultcloud::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultroy::ultike::ultbayonetta::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultwolf::ultfalco::ultfox::ultinkling::ultkirby::ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultlittlemac::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic:

...all of these guys could be called "brave".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom