• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I haven't played Color Splash, so I can't really speak to that, but just looking at it, it seems like there is far less effort or creativity going into the new Paper Mario games than the first three, including SPM. Yes the characters are blocky but it's obviously a purposeful design choice, it reminded me of the doodles that my friends and I would make at the time, so maybe it was more endearing to us for that reason. But either way, it's a lot better than endless Toads just IMO, and it never really bothered me THAT much that it didn't take place in the Mario setting, I mean that was part of the story and sometimes fit the darker tone, like the haunted capitalism mansion with Mimi, the dimension that just gets wiped out and turns white, or the Underworld with a bunch of spooky stuff.

I'm just saying that I would take another wacky creative game with a lot of effort put into it, like SPM, over another Sticker Star or Color Splash uninspired "let's put out a new Paper Mario because we have to and it will make some money".
i mean yeah but i just like color splash better. it has tighter, funnier writing and can actually manage a consistent tone
I think we can all agree that Sticker Star is absolute ass

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So usually I dont really humour these leaks especially when they have Geno and such but let's just talk about it for fun. It's probably not real as the guy knows far too much but he seems certain that the first thing Nintendo reveals will be correct so let's humour it for a bit XD

There are a few things in this leak I can totally see happening but some things are way off the rails.

So for starters it's a Nintendo leak for 2019 and it has all the contents of the fighting pass among various other titles.

3DS
>If you can't tell, Nintendo is not really focusing on the 3DS anymore. Very few new 3DS games are to be released.
>Pokken Tournament 3D will be released in mid 2019. Downgraded visuals but pretty much all the same content as Pokken Tournament DX for Switch. New 3DS exclusive. No online support.
>Splatoon: Squid Ops is a 2.5D Splatoon game to be released in 2019, and the last first party Nintendo game on 3DS. It's a side scroller with an emphasis on single player, but it will have multiplayer features as well. Also coming to Switch as a budget downloadable title. No online support on 3DS, but yes on Switch.
>Other titles coming to 3DS in 2019 from other publishers: Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, and Tales of Symphonia (also coming to Switch). Also a bunch of indie games and shovelware that nobody cares about. 2019 is the end of 3DS basically.

Switch
>F-Zero S is in development, but won't be out till 2020. Brand new F-Zero game.
>Super Mario 64 HD and Ocarina of Time HD are both in development, and will be out mid/late 2019.
>Pokemon Dark Past and Pokemon Bright Future are Gen 8. This one is being kept heavily under wraps so I don't actually know much about it.
>Metroid Prime 4 is still being worked on. Expect it by Christmas 2019.
>Daigasso! Band Brothers ON, a new game in the rhythm game series will be out in 2019 but it probably won't come out in English.
>Bunch of third party ****. Persona 5 R, Xenosaga Trilogy, Tales of Symphonia, The Witcher 3, Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur VI are probably the most notable things. Lots of ports...

Smash
>Season 1 DLC characters are Joker, Geno, Lloyd, KOS-MOS and Fawful. Yes, they're all RPG characters. Anybody who tells you any other characters are coming to Smash in S1 are lying liars who lie a lot.
>There will be more seasons. Duh.

Huge red flags: F Zero game.... F zero seems to be dead for too long now. I cant ever see a revival of it. Another Pokken tournament game? I just can't see that happening at all unless it's a complete port of DX. Splatoon on DS? Eh ok ..... he says 3ds is not the focus but lists so many 3DS games. Symphonia, FF VII coming to DS could happen but it's surprising that they would also make a switch version of Symphonia like this guy claims.
POKEMON.... yeah pokemon has stupid titles usually or weird ones but Dark past and Bright future? Okay I mean we got pokemon titles called X and Y so it's not out of the realm of possibilities... but if it's being kept heavily under wraps then I can't see this guy knowing even the titles.

Real stuff in this leak IMO: Xenosaga trilogy coming to switch. Last year in April Namco Bandai redid their trademark for Xenosaga Episode III which somewhat hinted at a revival of the series. We got KOS-MOS and T-elos both in Xenoblade 2 so those have to be hints! We already know Persona 5 R is happening but this could be piggybacking. The witcher 3 coming to switch could be possible as Mass effect 3 did go to Wii U..... ALSO.... Soulcalibur VI has been heavily rumoured for switch by Vergeben but it appeared to be false information at first. I can still see it coming to switch though FOR SURE.

Smash stuff (AKA the only thing people care about) IF THIS leak is real then we can conclude the following: Xenosaga is being revived to have KOS-MOS in smash and it's the same thing with Lloyd. I can totally believe these two bits because smash promotion for KOS-MOS is something I could see coming. She's in Xenoblade 2 etc very popular with crossovers and much more. It would be a perfect gift from Sakurai to Takahashi. Of course, two namco reps is a bit of a stretch. Now let us go to the real problem of this leak..... which are Geno and Fawful specifically. Fawful would be a very cool fighter but we literally got a dlc mario character in Piranha plant already..... and we are supposed to believe Geno is coming too? Two mario characters... one being from SE and two Namco? Things are sounding fishy as hell in the smash part of this leak. The reason I say this is because of the Erdrick rumours we know of. Right now i'm pretty convinced Geno is out as he's a spirit and the SE list rumours, etc. If by chance this turns out being true i'd be super ecstatic though. Hell, if KOS-MOS doesnt make it and I get Xenosaga HD... I'd be a very happy person the same. More seasons is something I can see happen for sure.

Sorry for the text wall but what do you guys think of this leak? Do you think "the first thing it gets right" will make everything else right? Do you think it's real? Do you think some stuff might be real or safe guesses? Discuss!

Source is from here: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/444352295
396ba4aca6b7faf93bee71059cd7e55a.jpg

I think it's another generic 4chan text "leak."

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey all. I have an arena set up for a short time if anyone wants to play. Arena name is insert name here and password is 56920.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So usually I dont really humour these leaks especially when they have Geno and such but let's just talk about it for fun. It's probably not real as the guy knows far too much but he seems certain that the first thing Nintendo reveals will be correct so let's humour it for a bit XD

There are a few things in this leak I can totally see happening but some things are way off the rails.

So for starters it's a Nintendo leak for 2019 and it has all the contents of the fighting pass among various other titles.

3DS
>If you can't tell, Nintendo is not really focusing on the 3DS anymore. Very few new 3DS games are to be released.
>Pokken Tournament 3D will be released in mid 2019. Downgraded visuals but pretty much all the same content as Pokken Tournament DX for Switch. New 3DS exclusive. No online support.
>Splatoon: Squid Ops is a 2.5D Splatoon game to be released in 2019, and the last first party Nintendo game on 3DS. It's a side scroller with an emphasis on single player, but it will have multiplayer features as well. Also coming to Switch as a budget downloadable title. No online support on 3DS, but yes on Switch.
>Other titles coming to 3DS in 2019 from other publishers: Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, and Tales of Symphonia (also coming to Switch). Also a bunch of indie games and shovelware that nobody cares about. 2019 is the end of 3DS basically.

Switch
>Super Mario 64 HD and Ocarina of Time HD are both in development, and will be out mid/late 2019.
>Pokemon Dark Past and Pokemon Bright Future are Gen 8. This one is being kept heavily under wraps so I don't actually know much about it.
>Daigasso! Band Brothers ON, a new game in the rhythm game series will be out in 2019 but it probably won't come out in English.
>Bunch of third party ****. Persona 5 R, Xenosaga Trilogy, Tales of Symphonia, The Witcher 3, Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur VI are probably the most notable things. Lots of ports...

Smash
>Season 1 DLC characters are Joker, Geno, Lloyd, KOS-MOS and Fawful. Yes, they're all RPG characters. Anybody who tells you any other characters are coming to Smash in S1 are lying liars who lie a lot.

Huge red flags: F Zero game.... F zero seems to be dead for too long now. I cant ever see a revival of it. Another Pokken tournament game? I just can't see that happening at all unless it's a complete port of DX. Splatoon on DS? Eh ok ..... he says 3ds is not the focus but lists so many 3DS games. Symphonia, FF VII coming to DS could happen but it's surprising that they would also make a switch version of Symphonia like this guy claims.
POKEMON.... yeah pokemon has stupid titles usually or weird ones but Dark past and Bright future? Okay I mean we got pokemon titles called X and Y so it's not out of the realm of possibilities... but if it's being kept heavily under wraps then I can't see this guy knowing even the titles.

Real stuff in this leak IMO: Xenosaga trilogy coming to switch. Last year in April Namco Bandai redid their trademark for Xenosaga Episode III which somewhat hinted at a revival of the series. We got KOS-MOS and T-elos both in Xenoblade 2 so those have to be hints! We already know Persona 5 R is happening but this could be piggybacking. The witcher 3 coming to switch could be possible as Mass effect 3 did go to Wii U..... ALSO.... Soulcalibur VI has been heavily rumoured for switch by Vergeben but it appeared to be false information at first. I can still see it coming to switch though FOR SURE.

Smash stuff (AKA the only thing people care about) IF THIS leak is real then we can conclude the following: Xenosaga is being revived to have KOS-MOS in smash and it's the same thing with Lloyd. I can totally believe these two bits because smash promotion for KOS-MOS is something I could see coming. She's in Xenoblade 2 etc very popular with crossovers and much more. It would be a perfect gift from Sakurai to Takahashi. Of course, two namco reps is a bit of a stretch. Now let us go to the real problem of this leak..... which are Geno and Fawful specifically. Fawful would be a very cool fighter but we literally got a dlc mario character in Piranha plant already..... and we are supposed to believe Geno is coming too? Two mario characters... one being from SE and two Namco? Things are sounding fishy as hell in the smash part of this leak. The reason I say this is because of the Erdrick rumours we know of. Right now i'm pretty convinced Geno is out as he's a spirit and the SE list rumours, etc. If by chance this turns out being true i'd be super ecstatic though. Hell, if KOS-MOS doesnt make it and I get Xenosaga HD... I'd be a very happy person the same. More seasons is something I can see happen for sure.

Sorry for the text wall but what do you guys think of this leak? Do you think "the first thing it gets right" will make everything else right? Do you think it's real? Do you think some stuff might be real or safe guesses? Discuss!

Usually with rumours, I'd take it with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3DS

Switch

Smash

Obviously fake but honestly if KOS-MOS was in I would explode with hype

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Six DLC characters.
Three of which are Mario based (Plant, Geno, Fawful).

This ain't it, chief.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've played every Paper Mario but Color Splash. Sticker Star? I wouldn't even call it ass. It was still a game I had fun with and while it could be better, it was just average, at least compared to the first three games which were much better.

I've seen a LP of Color Splash. Game is a significant improvement from what I can perceive, and the writing is topnotch(it's really only SS that had bad writing to begin with). It feels like another Super Paper Mario, a fairly easy with game with some challenging parts(like the second 100-floor challenge) that overall works well.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I've played every Paper Mario but Color Splash. Sticker Star? I wouldn't even call it ***. It was still a game I had fun with and while it could be better, it was just average, at least compared to the first three games which were much better.

I've seen a LP of Color Splash. Game is a significant improvement from what I can perceive, and the writing is topnotch(it's really only SS that had bad writing to begin with). It feels like another Super Paper Mario, a fairly easy with game with some challenging parts(like the second 100-floor challenge) that overall works well.
i actually gave away sticker star for free because i enjoyed it so little. i didn't want to even finish it i disliked it so much. but to each his own!

i've tried to finish color splash because it has a lot more i like but the combat system is so bad. the game should have just been the exploration part and not have any turn based fights

LetterO

Smash Lord
\
>Dark Past and Bright Future
Nah, too specific for a non remake/sequel mainline game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, while it's kind of a bummer that Starfy isn't playable, he got a surprising amount of love in the spirit department. Six whole spirits for his series. RIP Bunston though.

Pakky

Smash Hero
you have two mario characters listed as your dlc wants in your sig
Yeah out of possible outcomes getting both would be kinda sour after getting something like Joker.

This was also before :ultpiranha:

And my tastes have changed but I remain lazy, too lazy to change my sig.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

no i mean i got to the arena via the id code you posted but it's asking for the 8 digit arena password

the fact that you didn't realize that was what i was asking makes me think you didn't actually set one and the game is bullying me
That's the password, it doesn't have to be 8 digits necessarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom