• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't personally think it's inherently wrong to treat Smash Bros. as a "hall of fame" for Video game characters. Yes, it can lead to people getting upset that a character they've set themselves to believe deserve the full honors as if it's their favorite sports player that got snubbed from being in the new Hall of Fame class of particular sports especially if a character gets in that they don't personally like or lacks any of the credentials they believe makes a character worthy gets in

I just don't think it's entirely wrong to really have those kind of expectations given a majority of the roster does have their place in history. Even most of the newer characters that are around or less then 10 years old are either of new IPs that have hit it big or are popular characters themselves.

I do feel Smash still kind of has a special feel when characters are added even with stuff like the Piranha Plant
I kind of accidentally posted this early. Though I do just want to say first that there's not many characters that I have disliked getting in as a bit of a disclaimer. And at this point don't care too much anymore as I have the game itself to play. I could still talk DLC but for now I'm just enjoying the game itself. Though I will say I have little-to-no issues with Joker.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
No one in Mario has deep characterization because that isn't the point of Mario at all. Mario doesn't have deep lore with deep characters that need explanations and motives.

It's a franchise about an italian plumber who jumps on turtles and saves a princess. Luigi only exists so that there could be a player two.
Looks at Rosalina.

Koizumi apparently had to work on her at night so nobody would see what he was doing and shut down his idea of giving her a more deeper backstory.

Even then when he finished and showed it off, Rosalina was a miracle and she’s one of the most memorable Mario characters because of that.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Im so ****ing glad Melty Monster is in smash
You and me both.
I was even more surprised when I saw that The Starship Sails (or Sky Station Galaxy 2 as it's referred to in Super Mario Galaxy 2) actually made it in.
Considering everyone forgets about it since the other Sky Station Galaxy theme is essentially the theme of the game.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Who or what is a DukeofDorks?
A YouTuber that makes really forced and weird movesets for characters like "Zelda is smart, make her a cyborg" or "Waluigi is weird, make him Deadpool"

But it was mostly a joke.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
A YouTuber that makes really forced and weird movesets for characters like "Zelda is smart, make her a cyborg" or "Waluigi is weird, make him Deadpool"

But it was mostly a joke.
So give me ......Waddle dee with Kirby's moves. /s

Iridium

Smash Hero
So give me ......Waddle dee with Kirby's moves. /s
You just reminded me of how I had an actual dream not long ago where Bandana Waddle Dee was actually revealed as DLC. With his own unique moveset using his spear in the trailer, of course, and now I kind of want that too. Maybe I just wanted to see the group finally be complete with its fourth member...

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon Unique...meh...kinda like an ugly chili Charizard with the wings cut off. It’s design isn’t the most appealing thing in the world. Lloyd actually is very unqiue with his moveset and design as much as I don’t care for him.
Lloyd is a sword user, the same as Marth.
If you played his game you know it very well.

Even Heihachi is more unique than Lloyd.

And no , Agumon is not a "ugly chili Charizard", he is cute and awesome.
And WarGreymon is 1000 times cooler than any "Dragon Pokémon" you can think of.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Random question: Out of all the characters who still have recycled Brawl voice clips-:ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultzss: (Not counting :ultsnake: and :ulticeclimbers: since they just came back)

Which ones would you change the most?

Bonus points for those who still have the same clips since 64-:ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Random question: Out of all the characters who still have recycled Brawl voice clips-:ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultzss: (Not counting :ultsnake: and :ulticeclimbers: since they just came back)

Bonus points for those who still have the same clips since 64-:ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff:
Why change the Pokemon who only said their names?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Definitely :ultdiddy:. It’s been a decade and I’m still not used to the chimp sounds he makes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

:ultdiddy:, I really wish he, :ultdk: and :ultbowser: had their voices from their home games.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Well, maybe :ulttoonlink::ultmetaknight::ultluigi: for me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Meta Knight even if the only change is adding that "Now my power is without rival" quote that got scrapped

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Looks at Rosalina.

Koizumi apparently had to work on her at night so nobody would see what he was doing and shut down his idea of giving her a more deeper backstory.

Even then when he finished and showed it off, Rosalina was a miracle and she’s one of the most memorable Mario characters because of that.
I liked the kind-of-mature Rosalina back from 2007-2011. Lately I don't like the direction they took with her character though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Pikachu
I don't know, he's had the voice clips since Melee, and it's getting a little tiring. Especially when you main him like I do.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I liked the kind-of-mature Rosalina back from 2007-2011. Lately I don't like the direction they took with her character though.
Feels like that's Miyamoto doing right there. He wants the Mario series staying simplistic as possible. Keep anyone that's not the main three (Mario, Peach, and Bowser) dumbed down while keeping them to spin-offs.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm fine with everyone. To be honest, I hardly notice when characters got new voice clips. Like, did you know Ness and Kirby have new ones for every game except Ultimate? I didn't and I don't care.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Lloyd is a sword user, the same as Marth.
If you played his game you know it very well.

Even Heihachi is more unique than Lloyd.

And no , Agumon is not a "ugly chili Charizard", he is cute and awesome.
And WarGreymon is 1000 times cooler than any "Dragon Pokémon" you can think of.
>Lloyd playing anything like Marth

Not even close. Lloyd wouldn’t play anything like any Sword user we have already by default simply based on the fact that he has 2 swords.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Definitely :ultpeach: for me. Her quotes are fantastic, but her normal grunts/hurt sound effects are so bland. Not to mention Sam Kelly sounds a bit different nowadays, so her Smash iteration should at least reflect that.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I'm fine with everyone. To be honest, I hardly notice when characters got new voice clips. Like, did you know Ness and Kirby have new ones for every game except Ultimate? I didn't and I don't care.
Kirby do got new voices cilps with he got hit. Also new copy ability.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I'm perfectly fine with all of them. I don't usually pay much attention to the voice clips, anyway...

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

:ultdk:, so he can sound like ****ing Donkey Kong and not just generic gorilla for 5 games straight.

D

Deleted member

It did? I never played it, so I wouldn't know.
Cappy, the Snails, the people from the Lake Kingdom, the parrot, the Broodals, the flying dinosaur, the New Donk City people, the Dragon from the Ruined Kingdom, a lot of the enemies, etc...

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Mario Odyssey gave us a lot of new characters, tbh.
Not sure a "lot." By races jumping into other Mario games, then yes. But actual characters sticking in afterwards to spin-offs or even Smash, then all I can think of are the Broodals and Cappy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom