• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I terms of SNK reps, I personally want Marco for potentially having a fun gun-based moveset that's used on almost all of his moves.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If characters like Rayman and Shantae are Spirits and Heihachi is a taunt cameo, then I do get your point.

I'm just saying that if you feel like that this is the only chance you will ever have to have a line-up of this nature, I'd probably try to keep the project going as long as possible. The console is very young, and unlike the Wii U, which was pretty much DOA, there is a lot of money potentially there for Nintendo to be interested in keeping Smash Bros. operating on a limited capacity until at least 2021 or 2022, even. It's whether or not Sakurai is up to taking time off during this time period.
I definitely agree that this game should be supported until then. We're still too far from Switch 2: The Switchining, and it'd be silly not to capitalize on the promotional powerhouse that is Smash this early. Nintendo can strike gold making deals with other companies getting their characters in. Doing so would transform the Switch into THE Ultimate (ok, pun definitely intended) gaming console (in terms of its library and its ties to other devs).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I learned anything from Ultimate, it's that Inkling looks more braindead than For Glory Link.

Side B, F-Smash, Recharge, rinse and repeat until you win

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I terms of SNK reps, I personally want Marco for potentially having a fun gun-based moveset that's used on almost all of his moves.
everytime he changes his weapon you hear the

"HEAVY MACHINE GUN"
"ROCKET LAWNCHAIR"
"FLAME SHOT"
"SHOTGUN"
"LASER GUN"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I learned anything from Ultimate, it's that Inkling looks more braindead than For Glory Link.

Hey!

We use Down-B sometimes.

TBH Side B is super risky. Shield that sucker and it leaves us super prone for punishing.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
As someone who doesn't own the game I've noticed a lack of discussion about how much Bayonetta deserves to die in a fire

I'm going to assume then that this is because that problem has been solved?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
As someone who doesn't own the game I've noticed a lack of discussion about how much Bayonetta deserves to die in a fire

Yes, it has been mostly solved
but it's also likely because we have bigger threats to deal with, including the revenge of Rat...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hell, my boi's dash attack can go THROUGH that!!!
Snake and Bowser Jr.'s bombs mess with it too.

Roller's good, but it isn't cheap at all IMO. There are plenty of ways to punish it, just depends on who you're playing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Nah, the Belmonts are the new For Glory Macs.
Inklings are the new For Glory Sonics.

Doodleman999

Smash Rookie
So bringing back the square discussion just for a moment, I hope the square character is Crono, because he'd definitely bring more music compared to the others that are likely. Dragon Quest's composer is super stingy and Final fantasy still only has two songs, but Chrono Trigger's composer, Yasunori Mitsuda, has already done some work in Super Smash Bros (Vs Marx for example) and has worked on Kid Icarus Uprising. He and Sakurai have a work history, so I assume negotiations for his music won't be difficult. Chrono Trigger has one of the best ost's too so if they have at least a couple I'd be hype.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077

I heard that she's still a menace even after the nerfs. Didn't someone recently post a tweet that showed someone getting infinitely Witch-Timed to death?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If Smash ever got an SNK rep I'd write a 5 page essay on the history of SNK and why people should play their games (10 pages if the character is Kyo or Terry).

Esaka Kyo forever

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Yeah she feels like she got nerfed fairly hard. Still very good but not frustratingly so

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord

I thought those were Simon/Richter mains.

I do kind of hate that holy cross though.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Why not both?
Marco with his alts being Fio/Tarma/Eri/Ralf/Clark/Leona/Whip
i feel like sakurai would just go with Marco and Fio as the echo (She seems to be the popular choice by players)
Tarma and Eri would cameo in the final smash were they bring out the metal slug

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I barely ever see her in competitive streams...
Probably because she isn't considered the new hotness anymore. She's still good, but not dominating the entire roster anymore. Which is a good thing. Let's not repeat Smash 4's mistakes.

EDIT: Right now, everyone's on Pikachu, the Belmonts, Inkling and K. Rool. Gonna be interesting to see how that develops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I feel as if K. Rool is the new For Glory Mac. Name a single one that hasn't used the crown within the first 10 seconds of the match.

Also people are crying to nerf him just because he's a noob slayer. Like Mac. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Probably because she isn't considered the new hotness anymore. She's still good, but not dominating the entire roster anymore. Which is a good thing. Let's not repeat Smash 4's mistakes.

EDIT: Right now, everyone's on Pikachu, the Belmonts, Inkling and K. Rool. Gonna be interesting to see how that develops.
Btw, the Wall just one another local with Yoshi. He lost only one game, and it was with a Richter

D

Deleted member

I've previously posted a Geno meme in regards to insiders and such.
While this fix was hastily done and five days late, I feel as if this is now more relevant than ever.

Anything is possible now, boyos.

jokertime.jpg

D

Deleted member

Btw, the Wall just one another local with Yoshi. He lost only one game, and it was with a Richter
Yoshi being potentially viable in this game makes me so happy. He's always been a really fun character that's super hype to play and watch. Hoping to see him land decently in the tourney scene once stuff really starts up.

I'm even hearing Kirby and Jigglypuff might even be viable. A viable Kirby and Yoshi? Yes please!

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
I love how a CPU Yoshi that is falling to its death will just repeatedly throw eggs because that's its up-B.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dude, it's called running.
Zard is in the top 10 in terms of run speed and that move is still getting me. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just supposed to time my rolls differently or something.

Maybe next time I'll just jump off the stage and see if that works. Zard has a multi jump so he can stall for a few seconds...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I love how a CPU Yoshi that is falling to its death will just repeatedly throw eggs because that's its up-B.
That's because his Up B isn't one use in air only and it doesn't put him in freefall. Other CPUs would do that under those circumstances. His momentum now stacks with his DJ so it's a FAR more useful recovery than before...

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Man. Cloud's classic mode route even feels empty.

The reference to Cloud saying ''Not interested" a lot is also one I probably wouldn't have went with either.

Then you just top off the fact everyone else battles to epic music from their series and he doesn't.
personally i enjoy how his entire classic mode is a joking reference to his airsickness from the games, even escalating per stage from Link's Boat all the way to Lylat Cruise.
But MAN, the lack of the FF ending credits fanfare during the end minigame stings so bad.

ZelDan

Smash Master
personally i enjoy how his entire classic mode is a joking reference to his airsickness from the games, even escalating per stage from Link's Boat all the way to Lylat Cruise.
But MAN, the lack of the FF ending credits fanfare during the end minigame stings so bad.
His congratulations image after the credits is great though. He has that going for his Classic mode.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Man. Cloud's classic mode route even feels empty.

The reference to Cloud saying ''Not interested" a lot is also one I probably wouldn't have went with either.

Then you just top off the fact everyone else battles to epic music from their series and he doesn't.
enough Final Fantasy content to annoy people

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I feel as if K. Rool is the new For Glory Mac. Name a single one that hasn't used the crown within the first 10 seconds of the match.

Also people are crying to nerf him just because he's a noob slayer. Like Mac. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.
My only gripes online are the input delays in certain matches, and the complete lack of 2/3 mindset. It sucks not being able to learn a damn thing because they quit on you immediately after you win or lose. Frankly, I find other characters way more obnoxious, since it's nigh impossible to punish them out of a parry when the lag misreads buttons. It's super satisfying making heads explode with Ike though.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

I still stand by my head-canon that Futaba's a Woomy in disguise.
I just want to know why SpiderManPS4 is on there.
Oh, is that what the problem is? I had no idea, lol. I assumed it was SE being difficult. Apologies if I'm mistaken.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Square-Enix being good to their employees is bad for them when licensing the rights out.
For example, notice how the amiibo figures for Cloud and any artwork done by Tetsuya Nomura says 'Character Design: Tetsuya Nomura' on it somewhere? I think that is why there are no Final Fantasy VII spirits either because Nintendo would have to pay both Square-Enix and Nomura for them similarly to how Nintendo would have to pay both Square-Enix and Nobuo Uematsu for the music.
This is exactly why I want the Persona stage to have Futaba's analysis. I want this joke immortalized.
I never even considered Futaba doing an Enemy Analysis...now I REALLY want this! With how much of a nerd she is, she'll likely have a very similar style to Otacon's Codecs on Shadow Moses Island, gushing about the various games and characters she loves and saying some obscure trivia for them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom