• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Smash Ultimate actually still has the 7 open slots from Brawl still present or something.
Yeah... most of the characters files go in the same order as how they ordered in their debut (for instance Melee characters get ordered based on their file order in Melee, same for Brawl newcomers, and Smash 4). So Smash Ultimate still has those numbering gaps.

There are some exceptions when Smash 4 came around. For instance, :ultdoc: is listed along with Lucina and Dark Pit like how they were ordered in Smash 4 since he was brought back since Melee. :ultmewtwo::ultlucas::ultroy: are listed after Dark Pit in that same order since that’s where their files were placed when they were DLC. :ultpichu:and :ultyounglink: are listed after Bayonetta and are the first characters to be created for Ultimate since they were only in Melee and had to be made from scratch.

Charizard is listed twice though. One with the Brawl characters and the other with the Smash 4 characters.

Of course, Ultimate now has z92 missing from the files, which means that someone ended up getting omitted down the line. This character was decided after Isabelle and before the Gen 7 slot (now Gaogaen).

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I take a nap for an hour and I see leakers get BTFO'd because of a Chun-Li statement and 25 more possible characters.

I just can't leave here for a moment, can't I?

View attachment 179456
I think 30 is stretching it. Nothing is confirmed yet, or so I think... It would be crazy if that were the case, but arrrrg!!! Just think of who those characters could be!!!

Roberk

Smash Champion
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JDd08J7XHpv3M/htmlview?usp=drivesdk&sle=true#

Looking through this... and no Twilight of the Gods.

Yo Sakurai, what the ****? You got to port 4 SoV songs but not one of the best songs in the series? I'm not mad, just extremely confused when it comes to such an easy choice to make. It's not like I'm complaining about a character or even a remix, just a port of a song. Oh well, this will still be one of the best soundtracks ever. It was just one of those things I was hoping for/extremely sure of, ya know?

D

Deleted member

GANON CONFIRMED LET'S ****ING GO

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don't mind music, modes, and other stuff like that being spoiled, but I legit would rather not know much about WoL. At least for right now. I could change my mind and just say "Heck with it" and read it all anyways, but for now, I'd rather not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Should I stay away from this thread for a while, or will the spoiler tag stuff we have going on right now continue?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Why are y'all forgetting about my boy Louie :(
I actually had him in the list! But then I thought "well why not Brittany" and "Charlie too?" and I just said forget it because sadly Alph didn't even get his own spot this game :(

Pikmin's a cool series too, I was really hoping he'd get promoted this time

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I don't mind music, modes, and other stuff like that being spoiled, but I legit would rather not know much about WoL. At least for right now. I could change my mind and just say "Heck with it" and read it all anyways, but for now, I'd rather not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Should I stay away from this thread for a while, or will the spoiler tag stuff we have going on right now continue?
There is nothing keeping people from not using spoiler tags other than consideration. And even then, people have already been accidentally spoiled by opening a tag they didn't realize contained info about something they didn't want to know.

If you want to avoid spoilers, I'd stay out of here

D

Deleted member

It be wild to see how exactly it would play out. I honestly think that Toby wouldn't let them put Sans in if they really wanted an Undertale character.
It honestly would be Sans or no one.

Sans is the one with the popularity and notability. With that in mind, Nintendo would ask about Sans over any other character. And if Toby Fox said "no", then that's it.

D

Deleted member

I think 30 is stretching it. Nothing is confirmed yet, or so I think... It would be crazy if that were the case, but arrrrg!!! Just think of who those characters could be!!!

If we ARE actually getting 25 or so more characters to round out 100, then I can't help but see guys like Geno, Rex & Pyra, Sora for like near the end, Heihachi, Banjo-Kazooie, hell, probably even Steve too, or some promotional characters that Nintendo wants.

****, we might actually get Edelgard. IT WAS A ****ING MEME, NINTENDO.

Though, I always felt like DLC Seasons for Smash Ultimate would happen because of how big the Switch's lifetime longevity is gonna have and how other fighting games continued to have content throughout multiple years.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

You have more control over your own actions than you do over the actions of other people.

Think of that what you will.

Shroob

Sup?
So, that video is a leak of someone with a functioning copy of the game RIGHT NOW.... so my question is....

Where the hell is Home Run Contest if both its stage AND music are in the game?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Yes. If someone is going to leak something WoL related, they're going to do it here.
And unless they specifically specify what they're leaking, you're taking a risk with ever spoiler you open.
Proceed w/ caution.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

I'd recommend leaving. There's nothing stopping someone from leaving a spoiler visible, as we just saw earlier. I just hope that none of the DLC characters are spoiled.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah... most of the characters files go in the same order as how they ordered in their debut (for instance Melee characters get ordered based on their file order in Melee, same for Brawl newcomers, and Smash 4). So Smash Ultimate still has those numbering gaps.

There are some exceptions when Smash 4 came around. For instance, :ultdoc: is listed along with Lucina and Dark Pit like how they were ordered in Smash 4 since he was brought back since Melee. :ultmewtwo::ultlucas::ultroy: are listed after Dark Pit in that same order since that’s where their files were placed when they were DLC. :ultpichu:and :ultyounglink: are listed after Bayonetta and are the first characters to be created for Ultimate since they were only in Melee and had to be made from scratch.

Charizard is listed twice though. One with the Brawl characters and the other with the Smash 4 characters.

Of course, Ultimate now has z92 missing from the files, which means that someone ended up getting omitted down the line. This character was decided after Isabelle and before the Gen 7 slot (now Gaogaen).
This is a case of Ultimate's character numbering being based on Smash 4's, which was based on Brawl's numbering.

This lends credence to the idea that Smash 4 and Ultimate pulled their characters from Brawl and Smash 4 respectively to ease development.

Roberk

Smash Champion
At least the intro is more creative than Smash 4's, I saw a few jokes in there like Fox being alone on Final Destination lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I'm more in shock that now we're literally back to square one in terms of DLC speculation.

Like, everyone got BTFO'd by ****ing Chun-Li.

This is why y'all should support Chun-Li for Smash.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So, that video is a leak of someone with a functioning copy of the game RIGHT NOW.... so my question is....

Where the hell is Home Run Contest if both its stage AND music are in the game?
Everything is ported over so it's probably just remaining code from Smash 4.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I think I'm more in shock that now we're literally back to square one in terms of DLC speculation.

Like, everyone got BTFO'd by ****ing Chun-Li.

This is why y'all should support Chun-Li for Smash.
Yeah I've been gone for a while can somebody explain to me the **** happened?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Crunchii is about to upload music from Adventure Mode, and has warned the titles are filled with spoilers, so yeah, time to leave.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Guys I figured it out all the empty slots and Chun-Li thing all at once. Sakurai is simply adding every Street Fighter character to the game as DLC because he couldn't decide which he wanted to add.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One day I hope Nintendo invests in a Melee-esque opening that has CG that syncs up with the main theme again.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think we’ll get 30 DLC characters because thinking of the cost, I would have to pay $125 for 5 Season Passes... Also, it could take away characters that could be use to hype the next Smash6 or 7? For 2025.

I’m glad the game is good as it is!

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
FYI, Crunchii already uploaded the spoilery World of Light songs, so be aware of that if you're looking at his channel.

I do kinda regret looking at the song titles, but nothing I'm kicking myself over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom