• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Welp, I guess it's time for me to go.

I wanna avoid being seriously spoiled. Music leaks are fine, but once we get to the serious stuff that's where I draw the line.
It's been really fun everybody! From E3 to Verg and the box to the Grinch and everything in between! It was my first Smash hype season, and i'm glad I joined for this one because it was really wacky!

I met a lot of cool people too! Like Luigi The President Luigi The President and @Mr. Wario and Pyra Pyra , and Cabbagehead Cabbagehead and Mc.Rad Mc.Rad and Will Will and Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman and staindgrey staindgrey and Idon Idon and @TotsBS and Shroob Shroob and lightdrago lightdrago and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I can't name all the cool people because you're all cool! Except Zinith Zinith ...nah just kidding, you're cool too buddy!

This isn't the last time you'll see me, i'll still pop in here and there, and once the game's out i'll be back for good. But I really don't wanna be spoiled. You know how it is. I just wanna say thanks for putting up with me the past 8 months, I know i'm kinda annoying and weird but you've all been great to me.

Once we're at 12 days left I wanna do a daily countdown thing, where I post a drawing once a day until Ultimate's out, so i'm gonna do that. But besides that I won't be posting as much until release.

Don't think of it as a goodbye, more of a see you later. Because i'll definitely see you guys later! Even if you wanted to you'll never get rid of Noipoi!

I'll leave you with this image. I could just leave like a normal person, but if i'm gonna leave, I gotta make a dramatic exit!

See you later.png

See you guys soon, especially once the game is released!

Noipoi Out.

:ultincineroar: RAWR! (Later, Losers!)
:ultinkling:Woomy! (See ya on the flipside!)

:ultisabelle:(I-I hope we weren't too annoying!)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I wanna avoid being seriously spoiled. Music leaks are fine, but once we get to the serious stuff that's where I draw the line.
It's been really fun everybody! From E3 to Verg and the box to the Grinch and everything in between! It was my first Smash hype season, and i'm glad I joined for this one because it was really wacky!

I met a lot of cool people too! Like Luigi The President Luigi The President and @Mr. Wario and Pyra Pyra , and Cabbagehead Cabbagehead and Mc.Rad Mc.Rad and Will Will and Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman and staindgrey staindgrey and Idon Idon and @TotsBS and Shroob Shroob and lightdrago lightdrago and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I can't name all the cool people because you're all cool! Except Zinith Zinith ...nah just kidding, you're cool too buddy!

This isn't the last time you'll see me, i'll still pop in here and there, and once the game's out i'll be back for good. But I really don't wanna be spoiled. You know how it is. I just wanna say thanks for putting up with me the past 8 months, I know i'm kinda annoying and weird but you've all been great to me.

Once we're at 12 days left I wanna do a daily countdown thing, where I post a drawing once a day until Ultimate's out, so i'm gonna do that. But besides that I won't be posting as much until release.

Don't think of it as a goodbye, more of a see you later. Because i'll definitely see you guys later! Even if you wanted to you'll never get rid of Noipoi!

I'll leave you with this image. I could just leave like a normal person, but if i'm gonna leave, I gotta make a dramatic exit!

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

:ultincineroar:RAWR! (Later, Losers!)

God ****in damn it dude now I'm weeping I love you Noi my guy

Damn if you're dipping out I may have to follow suit tbh

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While I don't think we're getting 30 characters for DLC, I think y'all need to relax a little and realize that Smash isn't going to get just 5 characters because "It's Smash". Mario Tennis is now on...7 characters? Granted, the work isn't really the same amount, but most games that Nintendo has released some forms of DLC have been healthily supported.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised by a Fighter Pass 2, but beyond that it gets murky for me.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I'll stay away for now. I'll probably start hanging around the NintenZone Social for a while instead.

Last thing I'll comment on, though:

Just saw the full Splatoon list, and while it has a lot of good ones, it's strangely missing Ebb & Flow. Omitting that yet having Muck Warfare and Acid Hues is odd to me when Ebb & Flow seems to be more popular and used than those two. Also, does anyone have solid info on what song "Full Throttle Tentacle" is? Some say it's Ebb & Flow, some say it's Color Pulse.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

Don't go we'll promise to be good

30 DLC characters is not impossible imo, if they're planning to support the game for the next 6 years or so (smash 4 had a 4 yearsish lifespan, so its reasonable to assume that Ultimate could stay around for about 6 years). With 1 season (5 fighters) per year during 6 years it would make 30.

I'm not trying to prove anything here except the fact that it's not an unrealistic number if you consider the potential longevity of the game. I know it's hard seeing things in a long term perspective since we're almost counting the hours until the game comes out. :p

Of course, this is assuming they are placeholders and not just blank spots cause that happens lol

Seems like the real deal, you should put a spoiler warning imo in case someone thinks it's just a new remix.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This is a case of Ultimate's character numbering being based on Smash 4's, which was based on Brawl's numbering.

This lends credence to the idea that Smash 4 and Ultimate pulled their characters from Brawl and Smash 4 respectively to ease development.
That’s basically the case.

Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and PKMN Trainer still in the same order as Brawl. So they were probably were based on their Brawl data.

Melee was outdated and explains why Young Link and Pichu are placed after Bayonetta. With the Everyone is here idea was thought up first also being a point as well.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

Thanks for all the art.

See you in two weeks!

Roberk

Smash Champion
Oh hey and if you're on a SPOILERS thread and you're complaining about spoilers, then
:ultike:: "You'll get no sympathy from me."

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

So long for now. :yoshi:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh great here we go again
View attachment 179457
Oh hey, it's Nintenja Brian.

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

*not in your list of cool people*

Clearly I need to step up my game.

See you in a fortnight, Noi.

Roberk

Smash Champion

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

****, who's gonna babysit us now?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Where did this "30 DLC characters" thing come from? Was something leaked that we might be getting more then 5 DLC characters?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I am also confused about this Chun Li situation and why it apparently "sends us back to square one" in terms of DLC

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What's this about Chun Li now? Did my girl get leaked?
Some insider/leaker (Can't remember the name) claims that Chun-Li was cut due to not being able to come up with a moveset for her and used Ken instead but here's the thing. Sakurai said there were no cuts so its probably fake.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
this is like that scene from the live action scooby doo where they all split up in the beginning

all jokes aside please both of you stay for the love of God
Then they come back to murder Scrappy Doo tho

I'm not out yet Cla

But you should also leave so I don't feel like I'm abandoning you

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Maybe it's time to make another thread? There are probably a lot of people, including me, who want to know about a datamine and other spoilers, but would rather stay away from story mode spoilers. Maybe we could just put WoL stuff under spoilers then?

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

I may have just met you and don't know you too well, but I hope you're able to make it to release day completely spoiler free!

Until then friend~ :>

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Ok ok I know that [REDACTED] boss is cool and all but what about the fact that Acid Hues is in the game? It's the original track but still very good.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Maybe it's time to make another thread? There are probably a lot of people, including me, who want to know about a datamine and other spoilers, but would rather stay away from story mode spoilers. Maybe we could just put WoL stuff under spoilers then?
A spoiler/leak thread was attempted and it did NOT last very long

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Some insider/leaker (Can't remember the name) claims that Chun-Li was cut due to not being able to come up with a moveset for her and used Ken instead but here's the thing. Sakurai said there were no cuts so its probably fake.
What moveset would he need to "come up with?" It's Chun-Li! One of the most iconic movesets of all time! Silly nonsense.

D

Deleted member

Okay, nevermind: "Full Throttle Tentacle" is the Japanese name for Ebb & Flow, so heck yes! I got my favorite Splatoon song in! I'm so happy, this is the best possible news for me.

Alright, I really should be going now to avoid spoilers. Hope everyone has fun discussing them, and like Noipoi, I'll be back after release!

Bye, everyone! :)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

RIP the Legend that was known as Noipoi
ACA7E64C-56D7-41E4-BC31-D5F470F142CA.gif
ACA7E64C-56D7-41E4-BC31-D5F470F142CA.gif

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

View attachment 179458

Noipoi Out.

:ultincineroar: RAWR! (Later, Losers!)

See you later buddy.
You shall be missed.

D

Deleted member

Some insider/leaker (Can't remember the name) claims the Chun-Li was cut due to not being able to come up with a moveset for her and used Ken instead but here's the thing. Sakurai said there were no cuts so kinda makes things suspicious.
I skimmed through when I woke up to see the whole thing about some guy called "Xenother", Luigi The President Luigi The President posted it first, but then vaanrose vaanrose came out with the ****ing Brock Lesnar-Suplex City-levels of catching red flags.

IIRC it was either Vergeben putting stock in him or it actually was him in disguise. Honestly I don't even know anymore, the whole news was a surprise to me so I'm trying to figure out what the **** happened.

But if I somehow called last night with my memes, then holy ****, I'm a ****ing psychic. CALLING IT NOW, ELITE BEAT AGENTS STAGE BABY!

genotime.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom