• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, but particularly in regards to Smash since it relies on people's love for a character to create an easily relatable character to agree with. It's kinda like a reverse straw-man used to bolster your credibility.
PFFT, what a bunch of sheeple! Changing your opinions because it uses your favorite character as an outlet. Hmph...

*A comic of Yoshi advocating for a UBI*

Hmm, now that I think about it, a Universal Basic Income doesn't sound like a bad idea...

:yoshi:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Yeah, in reality everyone's seen him.
He's a big dumb robo gorilla.
Yeah I just didn't recognize the name, I knew he was already in just realized it was prob the mecha monkey afterwords

Would this mean to say that we know all the bosses now cause I don't see any other unfamiliar names on that list

Untouch

Smash Master
Also, assuming KoopaG is Giga Bowser, it's odd he has his own moveset...
Yes I know he's a boss, none of the other bosses have their character files.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah I just didn't recognize the name, I knew he was already in just realized it was prob the mecha monkey afterwords

Would this mean to say that we know all the bosses now cause I don't see any other unfamiliar names on that list
Yup.
WoL's been leaked and now it's empty outside of menial **** like what the dozens of spirits battles are.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Where were YOU when People like me were supporting K Rool with a 27 page thread? IN 2006. When all the arguments were "Japan hates K Rool" "Japan doesn't realize all the K Rools were the same character"

I dunno what your problem is, but if ANYONE is a tag along it's people like you who only show up when a movement has already at its peak
No. Some Geno fans have been piggybacking off of K. Rool and Ridley's popularity for far too long now, constantly overestimating their character's chances and bashing other more popular and iconic Square Enix characters like Sora and Slime. Geno is no where near as popular as Ridley and K. Rool and never will be. His chances of getting in as DLC are incredibly low. Deal with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Getting worried they’re gonna forget about best boy Duon and leave him behind.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh my God. This is amazing! I'm so happy to see Pauline finally show up in a non-DK spinoff title after her return in Odyssey. I can only see a brighter future for her down the road *coughSmashcough*.
Pauline with a moveset based off of the largely underrated Mario vs. Donkey Kong series and Odyssey?

Yes please.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Watching the Victory Themes video and seeing Chrom apart from his Awakening cast was... weird.

But the image of them one next to the other made me think, is Awakening the game with the most characters added based on it as a single title?

I imagine some people would say "But Gen One has way more reps!", but I don't think I have to explain why that's not even a thought that crossed my mind. Back to Awakening though, it kind of makes me feel a bit iffy on how FE is represented, even if I do like Chrom and Robin. I can understand why fans are often vocal about it.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Also, assuming KoopaG is Giga Bowser, it's odd he has his own moveset...
Yes I know he's a boss, none of the other bosses have their character files.
It's his moveset from Brawl that was also carried over to Smash 4.
I wonder if voice clips are gonna leak next after all the songs.
I really hope so, need to analyze Simon's clips so I can determine if it's Keith Silverstein behind the microphone after all and listen to Ridley roars.
Also want to know if Dracula speaks here as well.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I can't wait for the Spirit Leak dump.

I can't wait to see more Spirit confirm/Not deconfirm discussion.

Okay no, seriously, I actually can't wait for the Spirit leak dump

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
There's like 30 placeholder character files which adds up to around 100. Obviously there won't be 6 Seasons of DLC. But I definitely think there will be at least a season 2.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Not exactly. Those are just the unique stages. There could be bosses without unique stages. Remember that we saw the Masked Lumen/Balder from Bayonetta and some others on the World of Light menu screen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No. Some Geno fans have been piggybacking off of K. Rool and Ridley's success for far too long now, constantly overestimating their character's chances and bashing other more popular and iconic Square Enix characters like Sora and Slime. Geno is no where near as popular as Ridley and K. Rool and never will be. Deal with it.
Did you ever think that people can be fans of all 3 characters and HAVE been since pre-Brawl days?

No, you think it's all a tribal war with everyone being separate fighting

I was part of the K Rool thread, Ridley thread, and Geno thread since pre-Brawl and many Geno fans have been K Rool fans since both appeared on Super Nintendo in the same pixelated 3D render form

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No. Some Geno fans have been piggybacking off of K. Rool and Ridley's popularity for far too long now, constantly overestimating their character's chances and bashing other more popular and iconic Square Enix characters like Sora and Slime. Geno is no where near as popular as Ridley and K. Rool and never will be. Deal with it.
Alright you tell me when your favorite character is "nowhere near as popular enough as K. Rool" to get a Mii costume, a specific mention-numerous times-by Sakurai of just how popular he still was with the fanbase, how Sakurai himself personally wants him, how literally one of the first "leaks" was a 2008 YouTube video of Geno in Brawl.

Get out of here with this gatekeeping nonsense. Nobody has been "piggybacking" off of anybody, especially not Geno fans off of K. Rool and Ridley. I rarely see any actual /bashing/-I see logical discussions which usually go respectfully, regarding to the Squenix rep.

Oh wait, is that generalizing the conversation? Doesn't matter, because that's what YOU'RE doing in regards to Geno anyway. Deal with it.

D

Deleted member

This'll be a great song to use on stages not named Electroplankton.

Hopefully they fixed the ledges on that stage. It didn't have any and it was BS.
Yeah, I hated fighting on Hanenbow because you couldn't swim in the water on it in a game where water is otherwise swimable. It'll be usable on a good variety of stages sense it's an "other" track, and there's always the omega version if we must go to Hanenbow at all.

Troykv

Smash Master
No. Some Geno fans have been piggybacking off of K. Rool and Ridley's popularity for far too long now, constantly overestimating their character's chances and bashing other more popular and iconic Square Enix characters like Sora and Slime. Geno is no where near as popular as Ridley and K. Rool and never will be. His chances of getting in as DLC are incredibly low. Deal with it.
K. Rool was memey popular not just in internet; even before internet was think remember the show.

It was without a doubt a different level of hype and spectation.

D

Deleted member

Every time the sound of gears and machinery play I think someone is going to start singing to me about Eggman's master plan.
I want to be disappointed with the Sonic music selection, but then I remember Escape From the City's in, and I'm content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom