• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At least K. Rool was a main antagonist in multiple games which sold a lot and starred in a cartoon. Comparing him to an obscure doll that only appeared in one spinoff game as a side character and is even less significant to the Mario series than Waluigi is ridiculous. Most people in the real world (aka not in this echo chamber) don't care about Geno or even know who he is.
Yeah? And most people in the real world weren't rooting for ANY smash character in particular.

It wasn't the actions of people in the real world that got Ridley in. It wasn't the actions of people in the real world that got K Rool in.

It was the hard core crowd.

Yeah, normies may recognize K Rool and Ridley more. But you have to remember that even the haters of K Rool called him obscure. irrelevant. A fossil of a bygone age. Past his time. "Nintendo are never going to use him again".

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is different.
Those are two characters who had a couple hurdles to jump through before getting in, this is 30 new characters.
Three Zero.

That's a lot, man.
Yeah. I highly doubt that we are getting 30 DLC characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, technically it'd be 29. One of the slots is of course Piranha Plant.

I don't think I can even think of 29 characters I want in Smash.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'll laugh if he does add 30 more characters to Ultimate and not a single one of them is Waluigi.
And still none of them will be from Sonic.
I reminded you earlier and now you're reminding me. Maybe it's just a forgettable song? /s
Or because Rush has much better to offer, like Vela Nova, Back 2 Back, Wrapped in Black, etc.
What the heck is SEGA's problem with music?

D

Deleted member

"t25_sb_shuuten.lopus"

Did they FINALLY bring back Master Hand's theme from Smash 64? Heck yeah! It also seems like Meta Crystal's theme is in too.

D

Deleted member

HEY! Can anyone confirm if Environmental Noises is still in? This is important.

:4olimar::4alph:

D

Deleted member

You know how we were talking about Godzilla a month back?

Well guess who's in Ultimate. :V
notzilla.png

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You know, people said the Grinch leak would contradict Sakurai’s statement of not expecting too many characters while the leak had 5 more characters yet (Not counting echos) we’re getting five DLC characters anyway.

I mean, 30 characters? If Spirits are deconfirmations (which I believe they are) who on earth will they add that’s left?

They would be scraping the bottom of the barrel and it would be hypocritical of said statement.

Calling bull on that and thinking it’s for the Mii fighter types.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And still none of them will be from Sonic.

Or because Rush has much better to offer, like Vela Nova, Back 2 Back, Wrapped in Black, etc.
What the heck is SEGA's problem with music?
Best Sonic would get...is Boom Sonic

R O F L

Smash Ace
I don't think they'll use all 30. However, this is good proof of there being more than five DLC characters.

D

Deleted member

Yes it is in. It's under a Japanese name tho, but it's there.
Yeah, I remembered that I could just check Smash 4's files to find out what the Japanese name was, and it's back. I was hoping for a new arrangement, but the Brawl version of the song is so good, that it's all good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If all the Brawl and Smash 4 songs from Sonic are returning...that’s only 19 songs total out of 20 (unless looking at small words are really ****ing up my vision)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You know, people said the Grinch leak would contradict Sakurai’s statement of not expecting too many characters while the leak had 5 more characters yet (Not counting echos) we’re getting five DLC characters anyway.

I mean, 30 characters? If Spirits are deconfirmations (which I believe they are) who on earth will they add that’s left?

They would be scraping the bottom of the barrel and it would be hypocritical of said statement.

third parties

third parties exist

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

There are sooo many characters they can add before they start "scraping the bottom of the barrel".

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Why are you comparing these completely different cases instead of actually understanding my point lol. Completely irrelevant to my case.
This is why I can't take you guys seriously. You constantly reach incredibly hard to and try to find evidence in favor of Geno's inclusion that doesn't actually exist. How is it irrelevant? You said yourself that Geno was significant enough to get a Mii costume and I explained why that doesn't mean anything. Many characters had Mii costumes in Smash 4, several of which were deconfirmed like Ashley, Knuckles, Takamaru, and Skull Kid.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
When you think about it, a gut feeling emerges concerning the fact that Squeenix has been really stingy with... well, everything lately. That's probably the biggest detriment to Verge's credibility; sure he may have some form of insider info, but even they can't control what a company says about and does with its franchises. There's no point in calling them entirely true just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom