• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Which newcomer in Ultimate is gonna be boring to watch (AKA ResidentSleeper mode). Personally, it might be Simon just for his more normal playstyle, and that he's a long-range keepaway character (Something people quite hate in fighting games when used right).
Daisy.

At least Dark Samus has some really awesome poses and animations.

Daisy is just...alternate colored Peach.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Half the entire community?

Being a spirit isn't a hard deconfirmation, but it certainly hurts a character's chances. We all know about Mewtwo and Lucas being trophies before coming back as DLC, but let's compare those two to the number of trophies that didn't become DLC.
"Isn't a hard deconfirmation" is the key there. This fella posted as though they /were/ a hard deconfirmation.

Also I don't know why we need to compare anything it just proves the general concept, that trophies became DLC, could probably also be true for Spirits.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Which newcomer in Ultimate is gonna be boring to watch (AKA ResidentSleeper mode). Personally, it might be Simon just for his more normal playstyle, and that he's a long-range keepaway character (Something people quite hate in fighting games when used right).
Normal playstyle?
Simon?

Kingslime are you outta your mind!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"Isn't a hard deconfirmation" is the key there. This fella posted as though they /were/ a hard deconfirmation.

Also I don't know why we need to compare anything it just proves the general concept, that trophies became DLC, could probably also be true for Spirits.
That's totally fair. I read "So if spirits are deconfirmations" as a hypothetical.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand how Spirits can deconfirm DLC characters considering the fact that Daisy is a spirit. And not a special version similar to, say, Captain K. Rool. No, I'm talking about just straight-up normal Daisy. You can see her Spirit in the video where Sakurai explains the new modes and he shows off the shop, she was purchasable there.

Here is a list of confirmed Mario-related Spirits and if you scroll down you can see it for your self: https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_spirits_(Super_Mario_Bros._series)

I also know that Meta-Ridley is a Spirit and of course he is playable as an alternate costume. There are probably more Spirits who are already fighters as well. So if they are making Spirits out of some base-game characters, who's to say they can't do the same for DLC?

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.

(Goomba would’ve been on here before, but I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Piranha Plant)
My 5 picks:
1) Starfy: I have a very nostalgic connection to The Legendary Starfy, I’ve been in love with the underrated character ever since I played the game almost a decade ago. He’s such a cute little starfish, and I crave the day a game is made where he and Kirby work together or fight one another.

2) Geno: It’s not even that I personally love him or want him in, but that so many others have been asking for him for so long that I’d love to see people finally get this character in the game. Fits in right alongside Ridley and K Rool!

3) Skull Kid: Mostly I just want another Zelda Rep, I love The Legend of Zelda and I think getting another fighter other than a triforce wielder would be really cool, and since Majoras Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda with BOTW, Skull Kid is easily one of my top picks

4) Master Chief: During the Wii Era, I switched to the 360 and found a love in the original Halo trilogy, so even though Master Chief has a slim to nothing chance of making it in, he’d be on the same kind of surprise level to me as Cloud, and I’d love that.

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad ass in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I totally forgot Starfy was still an Assist trophy. I'd totally go for Starfy too if his series was still alive.

D

Deleted member

I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.

(Goomba would’ve been on here before, but I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Piranha Plant)
My 5 picks:
1) Starfy: I have a very nostalgic connection to The Legendary Starfy, I’ve been in love with the underrated character ever since I played the game almost a decade ago. He’s such a cute little starfish, and I crave the day a game is made where he and Kirby work together or fight one another.

2) Geno: It’s not even that I personally love him or want him in, but that so many others have been asking for him for so long that I’d love to see people finally get this character in the game. Fits in right alongside Ridley and K Rool!

3) Skull Kid: Mostly I just want another Zelda Rep, I love The Legend of Zelda and I think getting another fighter other than a triforce wielder would be really cool, and since Majoras Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda with BOTW, Skull Kid is easily one of my top picks

4) Master Chief: During the Wii Era, I switched to the 360 and found a love in the original Halo trilogy, so even though Master Chief has a slim to nothing chance of making it in, he’d be on the same kind of surprise level to me as Cloud, and I’d love that.

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad *** in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.
Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Sylux.

Crash and Sylux are the most likely of the three at the moment.

Noipoi

Howdy!

My 5 picks:

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad *** in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.
1. Geno. He's a cool guy.
2. Bandanna Dee. He's a cool guy.
3. Sora. He's a cool guy.
4. Banjo. He's a cool guy.
5. Steve. He's a cool guy.

Honorable mentions to Crash. He's a cool guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone is a cool guy.
Except Josh Trank.
That person sucks.

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
But only time will tell. That's why I call it a theory rather than a direct answer. Show me a Piranha Plant spirit and the theory's dead. Always been the case, always will be.
I mean, we've seen Petey Piranha as a Spirit, but then again he only appears in the Piranha Plants Final Smash, so who knows really

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Honorable mentions to Crash.
Jeeze,

Puppet Goomba, Bandanna Dee, Keyblade Goomba, Bear Goomba, and Voxel Goomba

D

Deleted member

My 5 picks:

Huh. Haven't seen anyone mention Shepard before.
Well, I saw some tweet earlier... actually here it is
LMAO. You really going to take this guy's word? This is stupid.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that a spirit-fighter duality means anything about deconfirmation for DLC. Overlapping is a thing that happens and it doesn't mind how pretty you wanna dress the spirits, are just power-ups with hats. Chrom is overlapping his own existence and here he is. If the problem is that we got a Dixie fighter and a spirit... Pfff. It's not a big problem. How even the spirits versions of the fighters match with this? It's not a sure shot.
Smash canon is pure bull****, you can't take it seriously.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I don't understand how Spirits can deconfirm DLC characters considering the fact that Daisy is a spirit. And not a special version similar to, say, Captain K. Rool. No, I'm talking about just straight-up normal Daisy. You can see her Spirit in the video where Sakurai explains the new modes and he shows off the shop, she was purchasable there.

Here is a list of confirmed Mario-related Spirits and if you scroll down you can see it for your self: https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_spirits_(Super_Mario_Bros._series)

I also know that Meta-Ridley is a Spirit and of course he is playable as an alternate costume. There are probably more Spirits who are already fighters as well. So if they are making Spirits out of some base-game characters, who's to say they can't do the same for DLC?
Daisy is a fighter spirit.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, I saw some tweet earlier... actually here it is
man i just got home from work and i can't believe this is still being pushed
you're starting to make me think you actually believe this

which probably means you must actually think Luigi could be a Mario echo like you said earlier

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
User was warned for this post; double posting
man i just got home from work and i can't believe this is still being pushed
you're starting to make me think you actually believe this

which probably means you must actually think Luigi could be a Mario echo like you said earlier
Luigi was a jojoke

I mean there's plenty of evidence going FOR "Spirits deconfirm" beyond this that I'm willing to call it bad evidence is all. But thanks for the evidence regardless; all evidence can help a case.
Can you list the evidence, please? I wanna see them.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
It's obvious people got interested in Marth just because they don't have to worry about items for specials.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

From the same wiki you referenced:

Fighter Spirits are based on an existing playable character in the game, and cannot be equipped. Rather, they simply exist to allow the players to enjoy the art and descriptions.[1]

D

Deleted member

What if Smash characters are chosen simply because it's what Nintendo and Sakurai want to do, and not by some abstract concept of probability and chance determined by fans?

I saw Octolings in the clouds, guys; they're in.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if Smash characters are chosen simply because it's what Nintendo and Sakurai want to do, and not by some abstract concept of probability and chance determined by fans?

I saw Octolings in the clouds, guys; they're in.
this is basically it.

they're not gonna be like "no we can't put them in they're a spirit already" lmfao it's dlc for ****'s sake

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, she's the reboot Croft gal? That explains a lot.
Hey now. I happen to like the reboot quite a lot.

The third one wasn't as good as the second, so I hope they steer it into a new direction for the next one, but Laura's cool.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Can you list the evidence, please? I wanna see them.
Hmm

-We are already simulating fighting the character through Spirits. Why would they put them in as DLC, when we can already fight them in a sense?
-Spirits are different from Trophies, so the Mewtwo/Lucas case isn't applicable.

I definitely am team "spirits can be DLC" for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom