• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If a character is boring to watch, they probably won't be that much fun to play.
That depends on what you mean by "boring to watch".

Is :ultbayonetta: unfun to play to you because it's boring to watch her win?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It doesn't. Smash reuses voiceovers nearly every game. They could easily take the VAs work from any recent Tekken game
That entirely depends on who owns the rights to the VA's work and whether or not they care.

Some VAs have contracts that prohibit the reuse of their past work without consent, and the deceased's family could refuse. A hypothetical scenario but a possible one. Using previous Tekken lines for a non-Tekken game surely has legal hurdles to jump.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What are your moments you post during the first years on the internet that you regret/cringe about?

I remember making a post in the Angry Joe fourms, ranting about some crossover game on the ps3 because "IT HAD A COUNTDOWN" and how disappointing it is. Felt like now that I ranted to a game I didn't even play because I wanted to.
Almost all of my posts from my first month here... It's so hard to go back and read them...

Have I mentioned that I've only been here for about three months?

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So if spirits are deconfirmations, then I need to ask... Any sign of Elma yet?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That depends on what you mean by "boring to watch".

Is :ultbayonetta: unfun to play to you because it's boring to watch her win?
Bayo's moves aren't inherently boring. They're all flashy acrobatic gun-fu moves.
The only reason it's boring is because she's overused to hell, not through any inherent part of her design or animations

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What are your moments you post during the first years on the internet that you regret/cringe about?

I remember making a post in the Angry Joe fourms, ranting about some crossover game on the ps3 because "IT HAD A COUNTDOWN" and how disappointing it is. Felt like now that I ranted to a game I didn't even play because I wanted to.
I posted a huge rant on ScrewAttack's Top 20 SNES games video because I was pissed that they didn't include Kirby Super Star in it, like I was genuinely furious about it. I assume their website has changed many times since though, especially as ScrewAttack themselves are nothing like they were back then (this was over 10 years ago), so luckily that comment should be lost to time.

A SNES list without Kirby Super Star is still bad tho...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Interesting. I knew none of this. Thank you. (I'm a dirty dub watcher.)

Last I checked, Asuka can suppress your boy's devil gene, just like his mama.

Now stay down.
Do you really think I'd rely on Satan Energy?

Just gotta put on a sick hoodie. It's all good.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Which newcomer in Ultimate is gonna be boring to watch (AKA ResidentSleeper mode). Personally, it might be Simon just for his more normal playstyle, and that he's a long-range keepaway character (Something people quite hate in fighting games when used right).

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
A reply for a yesterday post.

Wait. Let's Go was datamined? Anything interesting?

Anything... Johto-esque? Perhaps something that rhymes with weasel?

Yeah, it was datamined around a week before the launch. Most of the info was technical, about stats and competitive things, but also some pieces of the story, secrets and such, but nothing about future plans. But leaked at 100%.
Ultimate is different because we already know that DLC is coming and currently is in development and both periods, base game and DLC, overlaps. It's possible get some info if the Smash team left some unused test data about the DLC.
PD: I also loved Sneasel.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Stop comparing trophies to spirits. They don't have the same functionality nor did trophies ever have a big blowout mode dedicated to it. Spirits are meant to represent a character in the game in terms of their behavior and personality. I could see it being a disconfirmation from Sakurai's point of view...because to him they are in the game in that capacity. They are a part of the lore of Smash and contribute to the game without physically being there.

But only time will tell. That's why I call it a theory rather than a direct answer. Show me a Piranha Plant spirit and the theory's dead. Always been the case, always will be.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Street Fighter fan here who hasn't kept up on that whole Tekken X Street Fighter thing.

That still happening, orrrrrr....?
We'll get it the moment we stop asking Harada for ****.

So never.

She is a Spirit.
But Sylux and Crash aren’t.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Sylux is a spirit, with all the other Metroid Prime Hunter characters.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Ok so I’m gonna throw my chips on the table...characters who will never be playable in ultimate: Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Waluigi, Twintelle, and Rayman. I will delete my account if they ever do become playable for DLC. I promise. :psycho:

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I wonder if fans will make some sort of fanfiction of fighters talking to the spirits they have gathered.

Spirit!Conquest!Sakura x Lucas friendship when?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Any source to Crono being fake? I don't doubt it, I just want verification.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Idk, if Cloud or any other FF7 character is actually in as a spirit, I'm MORE inclined to think Geno is possibly the Square character, considering extreme lack of any square property in spirits except Geno lol. Like, out of everything, Geno is the only square related anything that isn't cloud spotted as an icon/possibly spirit.

I think Sakurais statement about spirits should be taken more broadly, because yes, 99.9% of them will never be playable. However, it doesn't mean they can't be, especially if DLC was only recently determined and there's only 5 characters to begin with
Why does it say you quited me?
On accident. I deleted the quote

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok so I’m gonna throw my chips on the table...characters who will never be playable in ultimate: Crash, Spyro, Laura Croft, Waluigi, Twintelle, and Rayman. I will delete my account if they ever do become playable for DLC. I promise. :psycho:
A Crash hater, i see.

Maybe we can make a deal to hate on the way that DC promotes Batman as a whole, and hate on Fox while we are at it.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Who told you they were deconfirmation
Half the entire community?

Being a spirit isn't a hard deconfirmation, but it certainly hurts a character's chances. We all know about Mewtwo and Lucas being trophies before coming back as DLC, but let's compare those two to the number of trophies that didn't become DLC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Which newcomer in Ultimate is gonna be boring to watch (AKA ResidentSleeper mode). Personally, it might be Simon just for his more normal playstyle, and that he's a long-range keepaway character (Something people quite hate in fighting games when used right).
None of them seem like they'd be Snore City. Not even Chrom.

Out of older characters, Marth's always been boring as sin to watch for me. But I blame that on seeing nothing but him and a dozen Links online all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom