• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Read this if you have Twitter.
Look for the official account of The LEGO Movie 2 and find a recent tweet where they suggest to like it for a surprise.
If you do so, they will send you a link in Friday to watch the first LEGO Movie for free.

Seriously, i never lie with this kind of stuff.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'd feel the same for a Tekken character. Since T3 was the first game I remember playing as a kid. Everything about that game was cool. The music, the stages, the characters, the movesets, the intros, and THE EMBU. It was the sickest **** ever.

Aside from another Mega Man character, I think a Tekken character would be my top choice for Smash, since practically every Nintendo character I'd want is in the game as a playable character.
My choice for a Tekken character would be Jin, but the popular choice is Heihachi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I at least hope the concept for getting echos is simple enough.

Want Daisy? Peach's classic mode.
Want Richter? Simon's.

Etc, etc.
Imagine if it was really abstract.

Win 12 Stamina battles with Simon while wearing his blue costume to unlock Richter.

My choice for a Tekken character would be Jin, but the popular choice is Heihachi.
I'd also prefer Jin since he's been my main for the longest time in Tekken. But I'd be happy with Heihachi. Honestly, as long as it isn't Lars and Alisa, any main Tekken fighter would be hype as hell for me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Look for the official account of The LEGO Movie 2 and find a recent tweet where they suggest to like it for a surprise.
If you do so, they will send you a link in Friday to watch the first LEGO Movie for free.

That's cool, but a little off topic don't you think?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
There's only one solution.

Harem time.
Seems OOC for someone like you. Wouldn't you just subjugate them and lead an army with them by your side? Just imagine having Shulk by your side, and possibly Dante again if meme magic is real.

Or we end up getting Chadkami and the option to S-Link the other Smash characters makes the harem route real. What a time line we'd fall into!

Pretty sure we've had Monster Hunter spirits show up.

Regardless, i'm just glad that Phoenix Wright is still in the running for the DLC, spirits present or not, still.
At this point, it's a lot easier listing characters who aren't Spirits. It'll give us a clue on who's out of the running (at least in the mean time).

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

By golly, he's right

D

Deleted member

Imagine if it was really abstract.

Win 12 Stamina battles with Simon while wearing his blue costume to unlock Richter.

I'd also prefer Jin since he's been my main for the longest time in Tekken. But I'd be happy with Heihachi. Honestly, as long as it isn't Lars and Alisa, any main Tekken fighter would be hype as hell for me.
I imagine Heihachi's VA being dead would put a dent in his chances. Also, what's wrong with Lars?

D

Deleted member

Sure am loving this Super Smash Brothers Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch discussion.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I imagine Heihachi's VA being dead would put a dent in his chances. Also, what's wrong with Lars?
This just in Tekken straight up retires it's main character because a real life person passed away.

It's not as if Tekken is a live action deal. Voice actors can be replicated and replaced.

D

Deleted member

This just in Tekken straight up retires it's main character because a real life person passed away.

It's not as if Tekken is a live action deal. Voice actors can be replicated and replaced.
Alright. I just thought that Voice Actors where a big deal in Japan, but whatever.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not a fan of his design, nor adding in a "Long Lost Brother" character. Though I do like his moveset.

True. But Heihachi's currently taking a lava bath. He's supposedly dead for good, likely only coming back in Tag games since those are Non-Canon. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Heihachi bounced back anyway.

D

Deleted member

You guys saw the new overview trailer, right? It's good to hear Xander's voice again.

God i'm so excited! I'm so excited I learned how to Photoshop!
It isn't much of anything, just the characters I wanna play on a background. But this is the first step to me making my first cartoon! It's a very important milestone.
View attachment 178777
This is awesome! I really like how you properly scaled the characters, it's a nice touch. :)

Also Piranha Plant being stranded in space is cracking me up, lol.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Albert Wesker is also kinda mutated, dead, blown up.

Nemesis is also considerable killed by Jill Valentine.

People still won't shut the hell up about them when it comes to RE villains though.

(Not like Capcom helped by making weak ass main villains outside of them. Birkin is the only one who holds a candle.)

Heihachi will be back and always be one of the first things people think of when they hear Tekken.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
At this point, it's a lot easier listing characters who aren't Spirits. It'll give us a clue on who's out of the running (at least in the mean time).
Hmm, I guess Phoenix Wright, NiGHTS, Adeline(from Kirby), Funky Kong, Medusa (from kid Icarus), Carmilla, Nemesis (from Resident Evil), Lloyd, Neku, Sephiroth and more come to mind

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Not a fan of his design, nor adding in a "Long Lost Brother" character. Though I do like his moveset.

True. But Heihachi's currently taking a lava bath. He's supposedly dead for good, likely only coming back in Tag games since those are Non-Canon. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Heihachi bounced back anyway.
He’ll come back as Force Ghost Heihachi in future installments, you’ll need a lot of studs to buy him tho

D

Deleted member

I still don't understand where the "spirits deconfirm fighters" idea is coning from. Mewtwo was literally a regular trophy even after he was announced for DLC, and then he got a fighter trophy when he was announced. No reason this can't happen again.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People really sleep on Jack Baker from RE7 though

Jack Baker was legit the closest we got to a great RE Villain. Tragic as hell really too.

Sorry for forgetting you Jack.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wanna see Piranha Plant do that reach the goal minigame in Classic Mode. I know it can move, that's obvious, but seeing a potted plant escape a black hole will make me giggle.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

First: They kinda sorta did in Tekken 7? That guy is dead. Not just videogame dead. Like, end of The Wrestler dead.

Second, when a VA is iconic and attached at the hip to a character, it's hard in the immediate aftermath to recast the character. I have no idea how intimate Heihachi is with his VA because I've never cared that much for Tekken, but sometimes out of respect for the person behind the character, companies will find ways to avoid using the character until more considerable time has passed.

Wouldn't be that hard for Katsuhiro Harada to say, "Hey, put in _______ instead of Heihachi," if this were a concern.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wanna see Piranha Plant do that reach the goal minigame in Classic Mode. I know it can move, that's obvious, but seeing a potted plant escape a black hole will make me giggle.
I still love the silliness of Duck Hunt Dog having to fight a massive dragon creature at the end of it's classic mode.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I saw, was fooled by, and became disappointed in the Crono Spirit hoax. Good job to the artist for going above and beyond with stuff like green Greninja and yellow R.O.B. for the deep cuts we'd recognize.

I swear, if Square Enix has almost no content in Smash Ultimate besides Cloud and maybe a Geno Spirit, I'll have to stop hoping for a Dragon Quest or NieR: Automata character like I want, which will be a very sad day indeed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ah, true. Joker is still in the ring of possibility, especially if Nintendo want to hype a Persona 5 port to the Switch.
Yeah sure. Maybe when hell freezes over. I'd more likely see Persona Q 2 ported than anything else.

Speaking of Hell though, Shin Megami Tensei 5 exists and is Nintendo only.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Pft, Jin's a brat and Heihachi's an old coot.

Kazuya mains rise up.
Pft. The best part of that family tree is clearly Asuka.

Fight me.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
No, I would still want Nintendo to crossover with actual videogame characters and not anime.
Namely Capcom, because honestly, they're the only game developer that even comes close to the amount of iconic video game characters Nintendo has.

I'd say that they're much more invested into the character roster and character inclusion as compared to any other community, even at the expense of the actual mechanics of the character. It's entirely possible that fighting games will introduce a new character just so that the old character can get a new moveset (similar to the Black Shadow -> Ganondorf requests).

Also, since there is a distinct casual and general appeal in Smash as opposed to the other fighting games, you'll see a lot more varied opinions, especially ignorant ones. As a plus though, you'll have a much wider perspective with fans of entirely different franchises pitching in.
I would definitely buy Smash Bros X Capcom (Hell, even just Nintendo X Capcom Smash Bros style)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Albert Wesker is also kinda mutated, dead, blown up.

Nemesis is also considerable killed by Jill Valentine.

People still won't shut the hell up about them when it comes to RE villains though.

(Not like Capcom helped by making weak *** main villains outside of them. Birkin is the only one who holds a candle.)

Heihachi will be back and always be one of the first things people think of when they hear Tekken.
I'm still confused by who the hell the main villain of RE6 is.

Like, what was Simmons's motivation? Making a new Ada? Why? What did covering the world in the C-virus have to do with it? Why did his wife go along with it? What exactly was her revenge plan? Wouldn't just, I'unno, shooting him be a whole lot easier? Where the **** did Ustanak come from again and why was he chasing Jake? Follow up: Why the **** is Jake there again? Who's the villain and why do I want to kill him. It's an easy goddamn question to answer, Capcom writing staff.

D

Deleted member

I wanna know what his boss is.

Are we gonna kill Dracula with a potted plant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom