• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pouchie

Smash Rookie
I'm starting to think that at this point, i'll take any character that's not a fire Emblem character, even meme characters like Sans and such, Why not? i'd play as Steve and such lmao, And the worst part is they would probably be super fun to play !

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, what? Where can I listen? I love Code Name : S.T.E.A.M. soundtrack!
I don't have the link off hand, but if you go to the search bar, set it to this thread only, and search for the word "steam," you should find it.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I'm starting to think that at this point, i'll take any character that's not a fire Emblem character, even meme characters like Sans and such, Why not? i'd play as Steve and such lmao, And the worst part is they would probably be super fun to play !
I'd even take another Sonic. Not another Sonic character, another Sonic

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
If Sylux were to get in, I'm worried that people would complain since Metroid already got 2 new reps in this game. I don't want Metroid to become the new scapegoat for overrepresentation like Fire Emblem.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm taking a wait and see approach to the whole "Spirit characters can't be playable" thing. Since Smash 4 did have Lucas and Mewtwo as trophies before they were playable, which takes more work. On the other hand, Spirits, while less work was needed, have some kind of gameplay purpose.

Obviously I'm hoping it shouldn't matter if a character is a Spirit PNG since that guts the choices for DLC by a decent chunk. But it is still certainly possible.

Honestly, I would say neither side should be jumping the gun like they are because we won't know until we see said DLC characters.

Don't buy them?

Also I've legit never got the mentality of 1 or 2 characters out of a game with 60 plus characters totally ruin the experience for me.
Because hate fuels the body longer than joy does. I didn't have the cash to get all the DLC, so I just got Ryu, Cloud and Mewtwo. I already know for a fact I can't give a **** about Lucas or Roy, so I don't spend the cash on them.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Sylux were to get in, I'm worried that people would complain since Metroid already got 2 new reps in this game. I don't want Metroid to become the new scapegoat for overrepresentation like Fire Emblem.
That'd be very hypocritical since there are 7 Fire Emblem and 10 Pokemon characters which some people are fine with.

Super Mario Bros. is understandable though since its the face of Nintendo.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tbh don't understand the hate for so many FE reps, yeah, it's quite a lot, more than we should have, in my opinion, but I don't understand why it's such a big deal.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Because of how much work went into Spirits/WoL I'm almost positive work was done on Spirits way before they thought of dlc.

So for spirits to deconfirm dlc that would be after the fact Nintendo/Sakurai would have to have sat down said "Ok who should we look at for dlc characters" "How about Bandanna Waddle Dee?" "That's a good choice" "Oooo..I hate to be that guy, but we already made him a Spirit. You know, one of those pngs, of which there are 100s?" "Good point. Can't do that. Next."

Yeah I don't see that being the situation. The other situation is Spirits were decided along dlc, which again, I don't think is likely.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't help that Sylux is a character who only appeared in one Metroid game 12 years ago. People would get pissed.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
God, if spyro or crash got in, that would be my worst nightmare.
Personally I'd love to see Crash in Smash. The first Crash Bandicoot game was one of the first games I ever played, so it has a lot of sentimental value to me lol.

In Smash, I think he'd have a really cool moveset based around his crazed and chaotic nature, basically fighting like a Looney Tunes character. Given his over-the-top cartoony animations in his home series, I figure that'd be a good route to take him.

To each their own though!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If Spirits really are a character request genocide, then this means only a couple characters are still in the running.

-Banjo
-Crash
-Spyro
-Steve
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Literally any other Square Enix character.

Lemme know, if I’m missing someone.
When you somehow survive Galeen's blast:

Pouchie

Smash Rookie
It's spreading around a bit
honestly we'll have to see, If we ever get a actual confirmation that is, I guess it's healthier to go with the ''deconfirmed'' mindset as in if one gets into DLC it'll be more of a surprise, but it's a choice of how people decide to see it

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
It doesn't help that Sylux is a character who only appeared in one Metroid game 12 years ago. People would get pissed.
I'm a huge Metroid fan and have wanted Dark Samus for over 11 years, and even I don't think Sylux should be in until he shows up in another game with a more prominent role.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
If Spirits really are a character request genocide, then this means only a couple characters are still in the running.

-Banjo
-Crash
-Spyro
-Steve
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Literally any other Square Enix character.

Lemme know, if I’m missing someone.
Arle Nadja still hasn't been shown as a Spirit, which is something to note since basically every other Sonic character and many other SEGA characters have been seen as Spirits.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When you somehow survive Galeen's blast:

If he does become DLC I hope they have CGI trailers for the DLC fighters, because I really really really love the idea of Phoenix and Maya meeting Villager and Isabelle in his trailer.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Agreed! If he does get in, I can't wait to see what Nintendo does with him. I feel the reason most people hate him is just because of the Minecraft fanbase, but I could be wrong.
I hate the idea of Steve because the character's appearance and animations are boring. Steve doesn't even have a pained or jumping animation in his own series, his only animations are walking and hitting..thats all.

Sakurai tries to stay true to source material so he'd still be boring..

And I say this as someone that enjoys Minecraft.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Spirits does indeed deconfirm characters my new DLC prediction then is.

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Byleth or Edelgard
-Lloyd Irving
-Sora
-Steve

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I hate the idea of Steve because the character's appearance and animations are boring. Steve doesn't even have a pained or jumping animation in his own series, his only animations are walking and hitting..thats all.

Sakurai tries to stay true to source material so he'd still be boring..

And I say this as someone that enjoys Minecraft.
That is true. If Steve did get in, that's one thing I wouldn't like. But I don't think that ruins an entire character. I just see it as a nice nod to the franchise.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd like to point out that no Geno is not de-confirmed he was an online icon in the arena. This all goes under the assumption that for some reason Spirits do de-confirm characters anyways, but....

A spirit of him or any Square rep has not been shown just yet.

I repeat people are giving up on Geno too early.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I feel like whenever someone says 'this character hasn't been seen as a Spirit yet', they'll pop up five minutes later. It's almost as much of a curse as saying 'yeah, this character's a lock for DLC'. Gotta keep shtum.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
That'd be very hypocritical since there's too many Fire Emblem (7) and Pokemon (10) characters which some people are fine with.
Yea, that's kinda what I'm saying. A lot of Smash fans are pretty hypocritical to begin with because most of us have franchises we're obviously biased towards. From what I've seen, many people seem willing to accept another promotional FE character like Edelgard, but it doesn't seem like many people are onboard with a promotional Metroid character like Sylux. It doesn't really make any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom