• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Are those arm nipples?

Cuz that's where the tiny arms are positioned, on the upper stomach. They're nipples.
To be fair, it's only like that for this art, otherwise they're at his side.

Now I can't unsee Gon having two arms coming out of his nipples.

D

Deleted member

So, Chrono's a spirit huh? Guess Square actually allowed Nintendo some free reign.
Yeah sure. Maybe when hell freezes over. I'd more likely see Persona Q 2 ported than anything else.

Speaking of Hell though, Shin Megami Tensei 5 exists and is Nintendo only.
And we're still waiting for more info.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Alright. I just thought that Voice Actors where a big deal in Japan, but whatever.
I think NA is the only place that "kills" off a character because the VA dies
They replaced Oaks VA with a sound a like I think and just reused Igors Voice for P5 thos he had a completely different voice for the localized version, dunno why

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm still confused by who the hell the main villain of RE6 is.

Like, what was Simmons's motivation? Making a new Ada? Why? What did covering the world in the C-virus have to do with it? Why did his wife go along with it? What exactly was her revenge plan? Wouldn't just, I'unno, shooting him be a whole lot easier? Where the **** did Ustanak come from again and why was he chasing Jake? Follow up: Why the **** is Jake there again? Who's the villain and why do I want to kill him. It's an easy goddamn question to answer, Capcom writing staff.
Oh god. The Ada plot was just...

Just...

Wow.

''We have a morally grey character who we haven't completely revealed the motives of and we want to represent that" says Capcom.

''Okay, someone has a mad hard on for her and he turned another woman into her and now characters think she's doing things she's not. But get this instead of wearing lots of Red? This Ada?! SHE WEARS BLUE. GENIUS."

Like....

That was really the best they could come up with?

Also ugh Jake. ''Long lost child." is just lame. It felt like a forced way to keep Wesker in the story. As does the whole ''Wesker family" thing. I'm ready for them to actually just end all dangling plots of the original cast and start from scratch at this point.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh god. The Ada plot was just...

Just...

Wow.

''We have a morally grey character who we haven't completely revealed the motives of and we want to represent that" says Capcom.

''Okay, someone has a mad hard on for her and he turned another woman into her and now characters think she's doing things she's not. But get this instead of wearing lots of Red? This Ada?! SHE WEARS BLUE. GENIUS."

Like....

That was really the best they could come up with?

Also ugh Jake. ''Long lost child." is just lame. It felt like a forced way to keep Wesker in the story. As does the whole ''Wesker family" thing. I'm ready for them to actually just end all dangling plots of the original cast and start from scratch at this point.
Which is what we thought they were doing with RE7, but then there's a huge conspiracy and Umbrella's back and Chris is here.

Like, I genuinely appreciate the camp of RE and I love the stupidity of its plots. But there's a fine line between "this is so dumb I love it" and "this is so dumb I think I'm becoming dumb by engaging in it". RE1-RE5 were straightforward B-movies with moments that make you laugh. RE6 was like a first draft of an eighth grader's attempt at making a fanfiction blockbuster.

...I miss hanging out on Capcom-Unity now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
First: They kinda sorta did in Tekken 7? That guy is dead. Not just videogame dead. Like, end of The Wrestler dead.

Second, when a VA is iconic and attached at the hip to a character, it's hard in the immediate aftermath to recast the character. I have no idea how intimate Heihachi is with his VA because I've never cared that much for Tekken, but sometimes out of respect for the person behind the character, companies will find ways to avoid using the character until more considerable time has passed.

Wouldn't be that hard for Katsuhiro Harada to say, "Hey, put in _______ instead of Heihachi," if this were a concern.
Heihachi's only had 3 voice actors in the games. Two of which have passed away. Daisuke Gori was the first major voice actor. who passed after Tekken 6 I believe.

Both of the Heihachi voice actors also did Japanese Hercule/Mr. Satan from Dragon Ball. The latter voice actor Unsho Ishizuka also voiced Old Joseph Joestar and Prof. Oak. He's voiced Incineroar in Smash Ultimate too.

Pft. The best part of that family tree is clearly Asuka.

Fight me.
She can't do Electrics. I already won the fight.

Jin Kazama Tekken 3.gif

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Hmm, I guess Phoenix Wright, NiGHTS, Adeline(from Kirby), Funky Kong, Medusa (from kid Icarus), Carmilla, Nemesis (from Resident Evil), Lloyd, Neku, Sephiroth and more come to mind
There's also Dante, Strider, Captain Commando, Phoenix Wright, Roll, Chun-Li, Morrigan, KOS-MOS, Klonoa, Taizou, Agumon, the Undead One, literally any Soul Calibur character, Terry Bogard (OKAY!), etc.

I still don't understand where the "spirits deconfirm fighters" idea is coning from. Mewtwo was literally a regular trophy even after he was announced for DLC, and then he got a fighter trophy when he was announced. No reason this can't happen again.
Despair and pessimism are the reasons. Spirits have more functionality than trophies do, so it's fair to assume that Sakurai sees no reason nor has any intention of having them playable since they serve a purpose as Spirits already. It also helps people narrow down all possible DLC choices.

So Spirits are seemingly disconfirmations judging by the Japanese Direct? Well, I'm gonna believe that but if people don't, I won't **** on them
Honestly, it's the way to go. If we can jot down all names, we can get an idea of what Nintendo might want to promote since it see-saws between "shill picks" and "popular 3rd-party favorites".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Heihachi's only had 3 voice actors in the games. Two of which have passed away. Daisuke Gori was the first major voice actor. who passed after Tekken 6 I believe.

Both of the Heihachi voice actors also did Japanese Hercule/Mr. Satan from Dragon Ball. The latter voice actor Unsho Ishizuka also voiced Old Joseph Joestar and Prof. Oak. He's voiced Incineroar in Smash Ultimate too.

View attachment 178784
yo i think his hands taking over his body

Iridium

Smash Hero
Just saw the Crono Spirit I heard about. Well, I mean he technically got in through this, so I'm not too upset.

Edit: :ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'll go crazy if Flynn gets in Smash.
Also, why are you called "Trap Queen"? I've wodered that for a while.
I get yelled at if I use the anime term but its because when I first came to the site, I would post pictures of anime boys that look like girls just to confuse people and then someone called me that and it stuck xD

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Interesting. I knew none of this. Thank you. (I'm a dirty dub watcher.)

View attachment 178784
Last I checked, Asuka can suppress your boy's devil gene, just like his mama.

Now stay down.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What are your moments you post during the first years on the internet that you regret/cringe about?

I remember making a post in the Angry Joe fourms, ranting about some crossover game on the ps3 because "IT HAD A COUNTDOWN" and how disappointing it is. Felt like now that I ranted to a game I didn't even play because I wanted to.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanna know what his boss is.

Are we gonna kill Dracula with a potted plant?
Seems pretty fitting. At first only the legendary Belmont clan and their Holy Whip can kill Dracula. Then Drac's son bops him, Some distant relatives of the Belmonts kill him too. Then one of his subordinates. The some dude with a ****tier whip can too. Then a werewolf. And a little girl. And some chick who had some Dracula stank energy absorbed into her body.

One thing leads to another and Dracula ends up being a hero after he got killed like 30 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom