• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
Just weighing in on the spirits deconfirming dlc characters debate- according to smash wiki we haven't seen a Piranha Plant spirit yet. We have seen a Mario Strikers Petey Piranha though.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Careful, add Doomguy and kids might grow up with a fetish for murdering spawn from the depths of Hell.
Demons and fire arms are okay, censors need to protect us from thighs of women. THAT is the real problem.

Ugly people need love too; it's what's on the inside that counts. And Doomguy likes to bring that stuff on the inside to the outside, if you get what I mean.
That's a pretty nice way of saying he guts people.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
No.
They will start asking for the CoD soldier and Madden Player.
Call of Duty only ever had one widely recognizable and iconic character, and they killed him long before the end of the game in which he was introduced.

Samus is already our Madden player.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If Spirits really are a character request genocide, then this means only a couple characters are still in the running.

-Banjo
-Crash
-Spyro
-Steve
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Literally any other Square Enix character.

Lemme know if I’m missing someone.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vault Boy

But I don't want it... I just don't like anime...

I'll take Nintendo VS Disney Instead (I don't care that it's not gonna happen, I want it)
My ideal roster for that
Nintendo
1. Mario (Super Mario)
2. Luigi (Super Mario)
3. Peach (Super Mario)
4. Bowser (Super Mario)
5. Yoshi (Super Mario)
6. Wario (Super Mario)
7. Rosalina (Super Mario)
8. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
9. Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
10. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
11. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
12. Ganondorf (The Legend Of Zelda)
13. Samus (Metroid)
14. Ridley (Metroid)
15. Kirby (Kirby)
16. Meta Knight (Kirby)
17. King Dedede (Kirby)
18. Fox (Star Fox)
19. Falco (Star Fox)
20. Pikachu (Pokemon)
21. Eevee (Pokemon)
22. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
23. Greninja (Pokemon)
24. Ness (Earthbound)
25. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
26. Marth (Fire Emblem)
27. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
28. Ike (Fire Emblem)
29. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
33. Pit (Kid Icarus)
31. Olimar (Pikmin)
32. R.O.B. (R.O.B.)
33. Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
34. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
35. Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
36. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles)
37. Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt)
38. Inkling (Splatoon)
39. Min Min (ARMS)
40. Reporter (Rhythm Heaven)

Disney
1. Mickey (Mickey & Friends)
2. Donald (Mickey & Friends)
3. Goofy (Mickey & Friends)
4. Minnie (Mickey & Friends)
5. Oswald (Mickey & Friends)
6. Scrooge McDuck (Ducktales)
7. Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
8. Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland)
9. Peter Pan (Peter Pan)
10. Maleficant (Sleeping Beauty)
11. Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians)
12. Baloo (The Jungle Book)
13. Robin Hood (Robin Hood)
14. Tigger (Winnie the Pooh)
15. The Horned King (The Black Cauldron)
16. Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
17. Genie (Aladdin)
18. Simba (The Lion King)
19. Hades (Hercules)
20. Mulan (Mulan)
21. Tarzan (Tarzan)
22. Kuzco (The Emperor's New Groove)
23. Kida (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
24. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
25. Jim Hawkins (Treasure Planet)
26. Chicken Little (Chicken Little)
27. Bowler Hat Guy (Meet the Robinsons)
28. Rapunzel (Tangled)
29. Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-it Ralph)
30. Elsa (Frozen
31. Hiro & Baymax (Big Hero 6)
32. Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
33. Maui (Moana)
34. Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
35. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
36. Buzz (Toy Story)
37. Sully (Monsters Inc)
38. Mr Incredible (The Incredibles)
39. E.V.E (WALL-E
40. Merida (Brave)
Come on, you know y'all kinda want that...
I do admit its pretty cool and do kinda want it. Nice idea here as well. :)

Just needs more :ultkrool:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just weighing in on the spirits reconfirming dlc characters debate- according to smash wiki we haven't seen a Piranha Plant spirit yet. We have seen a Mario Strikers Petey Piranha though.
Yeah, I'm kind of waiting to see if someone finds a Piranha Plant Spirit myself (And a Piranha Plant specifically, not Petey or something) seeing as a few other iconic Mario enemies have been spotted already, like Boo, I think that might give us at least a slightly better idea in regards to what spirits may mean for potential DLC characters, especially since I can't see them leaving out an iconic Mario enemy like that from the base game unless its done on purpose. But that's just me...

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I’d normally agree and say that spirits deconfirm characters, but I find it odd that Nintendo would narrow us down to only a several popular characters for possible DLC picks by supposedly deconfirming so many of them so suddenly.

D

Deleted member

If Spirits really are a character request genocide, then this means only a couple characters are still in the running.

-Banjo
-Crash
-Spyro
-Steve
-Heihachi
-Sora

Lemme know, if I’m missing someone.
Sylux.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So...Thoughts on the overview trailer?
Overall, I thought it was good. Wish he got more new gameplay clips, but thats k. also Happy we got a bit more info on WoL, and a new stage. To be honest, Xander mobus did great as the announcer, but when he was announcing some things, he sounded really angry xD.
Really liked his title yell, I liked him fine in Smash 4, but I always thought his voice was a tad too soft, so it really caught me offguard how he can actually turn the crunch on like that. I hope it makes it into the game after the intro.

-Banjo
-Crash
-Spyro
-Steve
-Heihachi
-Sora

Lemme know, if I’m missing someone.
I'm really not seeing all of our DLC characters being 3rd party, I'd throw a Gen 8 Pokémon and FE:TH character in there.

Also, as much as I'd love it, Spyro isn't happening. He's a literal who in Japan because the original ports were butchered beyond belief, the third game didn't even get released there because the other two sold so incredibly poorly. Although some characters which are more popular in the west do get in, I don't think they're practically going to completely neglect Japan with any inclusions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm kind of waiting to see if someone finds a Piranha Plant Spirit myself (And a Piranha Plant specifically, not Petey or something) seeing as a few other iconic Mario enemies have been spotted already, like Boo, I think that might give us at least a slightly better idea in regards to what spirits may mean for potential DLC characters, especially since I can't see them leaving out an iconic Mario enemy like that from the base game. But that's just me...
There's still the reasonable counter that since Piranha Plant is a generic mook, it can easily serve both roles :V.

D

Deleted member

All I want from DLC at this point is Steve. I've honestly grown really attached to the idea and all of the move set ideas surrounding him and Alex.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't think being a spirit deconfirms a character.

... I just think that most if not all of them weren't going to make it in the first place.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
All I want from DLC at this point is Steve. I've honestly grown really attached to the idea and all of the move set ideas surrounding him and Alex.
Agreed! If he does get in, I can't wait to see what Nintendo does with him. I feel the reason most people hate him is just because of the Minecraft fanbase, but I could be wrong.

Pouchie

Smash Rookie
With that tweet I posted above, this tweet becomes more sad
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If i might say a word as well, I personaly am on the side that thinks Spirit do deconfirm characters, My tweet kinda sounded like ass, but i do really feel for the Bandana Waddle Dee Fans.
On the other hand, as Karma went in fast to hit me in the face, Rayman was shown as a Spirit right after (soon after) My tweet, And i will honestly stay by my opinion on this, even if it means Rayman, the character i've been wanting for years sp much, is deconfirmed, I just really don't see Spirits becoming Fighters.

And honestly to that, I hope i'm god damn wrong, i'm hoping to be the most wrong i've ever been in my life ! I'd love to see a Spirit becoming a fighter thanks to DLC honestly.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Meanwhile I'm just over the moon that we got a Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. remix.

Imagine living in a world where Henry Fleming is a DLC character. Japan would be so confused. I'd love it.
Wait, what? Where can I listen? I love Code Name : S.T.E.A.M. soundtrack!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If i might say a word as well, I personaly am on the side that thinks Spirit do deconfirm characters, My tweet kinda sounded like ***, but i do really feel for the Bandana Waddle Dee Fans.
On the other hand, as Karma went in fast to hit me in the face, Rayman was shown as a Spirit right after (soon after) My tweet, And i will honestly stay by my opinion on this, even if it means Rayman, the character i've been wanting for years sp much, is deconfirmed, I just really don't see Spirits becoming Fighters.

And honestly to that, I hope i'm god damn wrong, i'm hoping to be the most wrong i've ever been in my life ! I'd love to see a Spirit becoming a fighter thanks to DLC honestly.
In a way, I'm on both boats. I think being a spirit does deconfirm fighters. But fighters who are already in can have spirits. Think about it, we got K. Rool and Kirby (Robobot Armour) spirits. Then again, I can't be so sure. If the next DLC fighter happens to already have a spirit, consider me wrong.

D

Deleted member

Agreed! If he does get in, I can't wait to see what Nintendo does with him. I feel the reason most people hate him is just because of the Minecraft fanbase, but I could be wrong.
No, you're pretty much on point, lol. A lot of people hate it because of the "You should hate MC, it's awful because of children" mentality that some circles of the internet attached themselves to.

Basically, it's popular (especially with children), and that bugs people for some reason. I'm with you on being excited by his potential, though; I think Sakurai could do a lot with him!

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
If i might say a word as well, I personaly am on the side that thinks Spirit do deconfirm characters, My tweet kinda sounded like ***, but i do really feel for the Bandana Waddle Dee Fans.

I feel ya, bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom