• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, did someone said we need more orchestral tracks in Ultimate? No? Just me? Still, this needs to be in the game:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
In the wait for Smash Ultimate to come out, I'm occasionally playing some Smash 4 online.
It took me a while to get used to the game again, I'm so out of training, I'm losing a lot....
My win rate was around 50% now it's dropping down to 35% (I never played online too much anyway).
Though, there is a thing: casual gamers aren't online anymore, I can only find skilled players, and it became a lot harder to win!
And I keep using Kirby, and Kirby sucks (pun not intenden) in most of the matchups, especially with super-fast characters, heavy characters with high damage power and long range characters.

(then, there is that huge input lag online).

Anyway, I'm getting better, and while I still lose a lot, I started to occasionally win, some matches, and it's very satisfying because it's agains those skilled players!

Oh, and apparently Kirby is still low tier in Smash 5 -.-
I don't know, from those videos it seems that Kirby became a bit faster or something... maybe it's actually better but people still haven't used his full potential yet? Or maybe he's better but the other characters are better as well and as a result he still sucks?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
he's better but the other characters are better as well and as a result he still sucks?
basically this.
Everyone's gotten steroids put into them so now it's a contest to see who got more juiced up.

Kirby's simple moves and stubby limbs puts him at a disadvantage in most Smashes I feel, on top of his sluggish air speed not putting his multiple jumps to good use.
I think Project M tried to fix that by giving him an up B that can be used sideways to travel and chase down opponents, but in the end, he still ended up being pretty low on the tier list.

osby

Smash Obsessed
In the wait for Smash Ultimate to come out, I'm occasionally playing some Smash 4 online.
It took me a while to get used to the game again, I'm so out of training, I'm losing a lot....
My win rate was around 50% now it's dropping down to 35% (I never played online too much anyway).
Though, there is a thing: casual gamers aren't online anymore, I can only find skilled players, and it became a lot harder to win!
And I keep using Kirby, and Kirby sucks (pun not intenden) in most of the matchups, especially with super-fast characters, heavy characters with high damage power and long range characters.

(then, there is that huge input lag online).

Anyway, I'm getting better, and while I still lose a lot, I started to occasionally win, some matches, and it's very satisfying because it's agains those skilled players!

Oh, and apparently Kirby is still low tier in Smash 5 -.-
I don't know, from those videos it seems that Kirby became a bit faster or something... maybe it's actually better but people still haven't used his full potential yet? Or maybe he's better but the other characters are better as well and as a result he still sucks?
Eh, Kirby isn't going to be top tier in any situation. He's designed to be a beginners character and his neutral special likely makes him hard to balance.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah, For Glory is far from the laughing stock it used to be. Once upon a time seeing a Little Mac meant you were in for an easy ride, but not so much anymore. I've been doing well enough with Charizard, but he's got a lot of nasty matchups himself, being one of the worst of the super heavies. Most of them aren't totally unwinnable though and I've manged to take out a few ZSS mains, but I've been having to fall back on Mewtwo a lot against zoners and more skilled ZSS or Bayonetta players.

A lot of my pocket characters who I used to be decent with are really struggling though. I've been trying to play some Pikachu on For Glory to prepare for when I get Squirtle back, but it feels hopeless to use him online. I'm not sure if it's that I've forgotten how to use a decent Pikachu or if it's that my opponents are just way better then they used to be, but I think it's both. I'm really bad at angling Quick Attack properly for some reason now, I always manage to mess the inputs up.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Sakurai has a better chance of saving Brexit than he does trying to please Smash fans

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
It doesn't take much to please me in regards to Smash. Just ONE of the following will do it:

Yoshi being high or even top tier
A new Yoshi rep
A Yoshi item or Assist Trophy

:yoshi:
What is with your obsession with Yoshi? It seems borderline unhealthy...

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I still struggle to find a viable second rep for the Yoshi series. Unfortunately the only notable characters besides Yoshi are Poochy, Kamek, and the Babies. And Kamek would most likely end up a Mario character if he got in.

Sadly the Yoshi series never really expanded it's cast.

I suppose Yarn Yoshi could be an interesting clone with a few new quirks from regular Yoshi as well as having a different hitbox.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I still struggle to find a viable second rep for the Yoshi series. Unfortunately the only notable characters besides Yoshi are Poochy, Kamek, and the Babies. And Kamek would most likely end up a Mario character if he got in.

Sadly the Yoshi series never really expanded it's cast.

I suppose Yarn Yoshi could be an interesting clone with a few new quirks from regular Yoshi as well as having a different hitbox.
Poochy and Kamek are just fine (and I doubt he'd be classified as a Mario rep anyways). Remember that the 3DS port of Woolly World has Poochy's name on it.

Also, recently I became aware of the Spirits in Topsy-Turvy. Even I haven't played that game...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Call me crazy but I feel that we're not going to get a gameplay reveal for Prime 4.
We're totally going to get the Prime remaster...
And Probably a CGI trailer for Prime 4.
But I feel that Nintendo will keep the full reveal for 2019 alongside a Pokémon reveal in a January Direct.

However as for Bayonetta 3.
I have high hopes-

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Poochy and Kamek are just fine (and I doubt he'd be classified as a Mario rep anyways). Remember that the 3DS port of Woolly World has Poochy's name on it.

Also, recently I became aware of the Spirits in Topsy-Turvy. Even I haven't played that game...
Oh wow being such a Yoshi fanatic I thought you'd know about them!

I guess my powers of knowing obscure Nintendo characters are even stronger than the most powerful Yoshi fan!

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh wow being such a Yoshi fanatic I thought you'd know about them!
That game is so inaccessible that even I can't play it...

Anyways, they'd make good "Spirits" lol, maybe even an Assist Trophy (like the Spirit Who Likes Surprises can tilt the stage). But it proves that Yoshi has a "cast" it can pull from...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Call me crazy but I feel that we're not going to get a gameplay reveal for Prime 4.
We're totally going to get the Prime remaster...
And Probably a CGI trailer for Prime 4.
But I feel that Nintendo will keep the full reveal for 2019 alongside a Pokémon reveal in a January Direct.

However as for Bayonetta 3.
I have high hopes-
God I need the Trilogy ported to the Switch, my Wii U is being incredibly finicky so I can't replay it and even if it means spending like 70 euros I don't care. Hear me Nintendo? Inject that **** directly into my veins

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
If you want my opinion about what will occur in the VGAs from Likely to Unlikely.

Prime 4 News in General - Very Likely
Prime 4 Footage - Likely
Prime 4 CGI - Pretty Likely

Bayonetta 3 News - Likely
Bayonetta 3 Footage - In the middle on that. Would awesome as **** if it happened.

Smash News - Middle (Reggie will probably remind us that the game is coming out in mere hours.)
DLC News - Unlikely due to the odd timing of development, would surprise me though.

Left Wing Announcement - Likely

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
This thread just died.
Sad.
Also I wll start trashtalking in name of Geno.
Anyone that doesnt support him already has wooden teeths.
Like for Dental Hy-Geno, ignore for termites in your mouth.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mental exercise: Smash fighters as Princess Bride characters. Too off-topic or not?

Kopy

Smash Cadet
He really isn't that bad.
I remember reading a lot here shortly before the E3 Direct and he was so obsessed even then.

His account is 6 months old with 8,500 posts. That's ~1416 posts per month, 354 per week or almost 51 daily and I would safely bet he is acknowledging Yoshi in every post in one way or another.

That's not obsessive to you?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I remember reading a lot here shortly before the E3 Direct and he was so obsessed even then.

His account is 6 months old with 8,500 posts. That's ~1216 posts per month, 350 per week or almost 168 daily and I would safely bet he is acknowledging Yoshi in every post in one way or another.

To be honest, yes, but he's mostly pretty mild-mannered while doing so.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

His account is 6 months old with 8,500 posts. That's ~1216 posts per month, 350 per week or almost 168 daily and I would safely bet he is acknowledging Yoshi in every post in one way or another.

hey at least...

He's obsessed over a character who's in smash... which makes it kinda less off-topic than some other people, I guess?

Not saying I disagree with you tho

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
As long as I don't become "You-Know-Who," then you shouldn't worry about it... :yoshi:
I know a lot of people with unhealthy obsessions towards characters, you have to be more specific.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Everyone is Inigo Montoya.
"Hello. My name is Lucina of Ylisse. You killed my father, prepare to die." *Stabs Robin*
"Hello. My name is Samus Aran. You killed my father. Prepare to die." *Flip kicks Ridley*
"Hello. My name is Bowser Koopa Junior. You killed my father. Prepare to die." *Giga drill breaks Shulk*

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
What is with your obsession with Yoshi? It seems borderline unhealthy...
I know, right? What's up with that.

Anyway, my Shrek body pillow just came in and I think it'll go nicely with my Shrek cardboard cutouts, Shrek wallpaper and, of course, Shrek carpets.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Hello. My name is Lucina of Ylisse. You killed my father, prepare to die." *Stabs Robin*
"Hello. My name is Samus Aran. You killed my father. Prepare to die." *Flip kicks Ridley*
"Hello. My name is Bowser Koopa Junior. You killed my father. Prepare to die." *Giga drill breaks Shulk*
Pikachu is a R.O.U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom