• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
One thing that bothers me about Corrin and Fates in general is all the possible incest.
There's a million characters in this game, you couldn't make a few girls/guys off limits?
I don't care if he's adopted, that's still his sister and it's gross!

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I just had a dream that there was a leak of 2B as DLC. It showed the model and the character portrait, both of which looked really good. Nobody could disprove it and everybody pretty much accepted it as true.

I was pretty mad when I woke up.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Y'all are sleeping on the TRUE Gen III Rep:
Y'know, it's quite odd to see so many people sleeping on these two. They were very recurrent in the anime and had a lot of merchandise back in the day. I even remember seeing one of those jets with Pokémon themes featuring them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean... people say Minecraft is well deserving to be in Smash, and maybe they're right. But did anyone ever even think about it if it wasn't for Vergeben?
I don't particularly want Steve, but I've defended his inclusion ever since Minecraft came to Nintendo consoles.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
One thing that bothers me about Corrin and Fates in general is all the possible incest.
There's a million characters in this game, you couldn't make a few girls/guys off limits?
Romancing Azura's even worse. :facepalm:

and why couldn't i have silas or saizo damn you FE series

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Be careful some FE goons are gonna come in with the "WELL SHE'S STILL ADOPTED ACKSHUALLY" bull****

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'd take Steve over Katalina.
I'd honestly take just about any character over Katalina. She's the true definition of advertisement, and will piss me off more than Pirahna Plant, which I can now look back on and appreciate. At least Pirahna Plant is likable as a WTF character, popular, and has tons of history. Katalina is from a Japanese only mobile game that the rest of the world didn't even know about before Hitagi. It would really set a new low for character choices

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just had a dream that there was a leak of 2B as DLC. It showed the model and the character portrait, both of which looked really good. Nobody could disprove it and everybody pretty much accepted it as true.

I was pretty mad when I woke up.
I dreamed something too... For the second time.

Madden Player got over Crash as the Activision rep in my dream, with the latter becoming an assist trophy.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
....So one thing is for sure; Steve's just ugly as heck but fun

don't @ me
Honestly, as BAD as Minecraft Story Mode is, I expect his Smash design to he much closer to that. The designs for that are actually not half bad, and honestly, with how expressive Smash is, I see him getting visual improvements like Pac-man did

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That is definitely not true. From the ones I saw, the reactions ranged from "another Fire Emblem character...oh **** it's Chrom!" to D1 literally crying in excitement. Most, from what I saw, were a mild "neat" at worst, to genuine hype at best, followed by some confusion over who he was echoing.

It's fine if you don't like the series, but to say Chrom garnered an over-all mixed to negative reaction is blatant revisionism.
Call it what you want. Apparently we saw different videos.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean... people say Minecraft is well deserving to be in Smash, and maybe they're right. But did anyone ever even think about it if it wasn't for Vergeben?
The thought hadn't occurred to me, since I had more pressing matters, as far as character wants go.

I'd honestly take just about any character over Katalina. She's the true definition of advertisement, and will piss me off more than Pirahna Plant, which I can now look back on and appreciate. At least Pirahna Plant is likable as a WTF character, popular, and has tons of history. Katalina is from a Japanese only mobile game that the rest of the world didn't even know about before Hitagi. It would really set a new low for character choices
I wonder if SNK fans felt the same way about Million Arthur in SNK Heroines.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
See, I agree with the last line and bulk of your post but not the first line. In my opinion, it’s perfectly fine to not like certain series and not want them in smash, or to not want certain series to get more characters. Where it becomes a bit of an issue is when people insult others for their opinion.
Yeah, I completely agree, could have phrased that a bit better. There certainly plenty of characters I know I sure don't want in Smash. The point is more "don't be a constant party pooper" and "don't pretend the world exists inside your own bubble or know what's good for a project you don't work on".

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Vergeben in Smash ! As an echo of Shulk cause he knows what's going to happen in the future lol

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
"I'm in love with my brother" flashback intensifies.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I thought about Steve when Sakurai mentioning there weren't many more worldwide popular characters left to put into Smash

Katalina from GranBlue Fantasy would be the epitome of a kick in teeth. An undeserving, super niche character that no one outside of a subset of a subset of a subset of people would recognize, let alone care about.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Granblue isn't Japanese only.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Getting so close guys! I can't wait! I'm going on vacation to the beach a week before and Ultimate comes out the day after we return. Perfect timing!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think it would be a bit of an Isabelle situation.

More of a "Oh yeah, it makes sense that it's in Smash" than anything. Kinda the same boat as Monster Hunter I'd say.

D

Deleted member

New DLC Predictions:
Square Rep
Steve
Katalina
Namco Rep
Edelgard
yup seems like ****

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah sure, all those people he cut with his flaming chainsaw sword or mauled with his dragon spike, or exploded with his dragon breath are all just unconscious and totally not dead.
Nah, they were all trapped in another dimension.

That time the Ganglari exploded? It was a Sunday and everyone was out of town, the blast also sent Mikoto to another dimension.

Corrin should really rescue her at some point.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There are few gaming characters whose existence in a leak can make me doubt said leak no matter the credibility.

Katalina is one of them.

Japan-exclusive. Would be DLC. Mobile game with absolutely no Nintendo history (I don't mean the company I mean the game). Not even the main character of said game. Has competition in numerous forms such as Fate. Literally never asked for.

Would Nintendo be dumb enough to go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom