• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, how are people feeling about a VGA announcement? For me personally, I'm leaning towards a no show for Smash. I personally think E3 or around then is where we'll hear about our first DLC challenger.
No way they'll wait E3, half a year to show the first DLC.
It's either the TGA to sell people on the fighter pass, or first Direct of 2019 with the release date of Piranha Plant, who will be AT THE LATEST around febuary 12th

Last edited:

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
So, how are people feeling about a VGA announcement? For me personally, I'm leaning towards a no show for Smash. I personally think E3 or around then is where we'll hear about our first DLC challenger.
E3 sounds like a pretty far off time to expect to hear about our first DLC characters. I honestly wish they could of just told us who all the DLC characters will be instead of keeping it a big secret. óvò

D

Deleted member

Corrin is just not aesthetically pleasing as a male character what so ever.

Ikr like all the other fe dudes are hotties and then Corrin (and Robin to some extent) stick out like a sore thumb. Why can't we just have another pretty boy like Marth in Smash Sakurai

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How old would you even call R.O.B or Mega Man since we're on the topic.

Cause going by the games, MM1 takes place in 199X(He was probably built a while before), MM2 is in 200X, and most of the other games are 20XX. Dude's probably old enough to drink.

We know that technically MMX and Zero are old as hell since they were made in 20XX and stuck around till 23XX.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Goddamn how unhappy must the little guy be?
He doesn't seem to mind.

Clearly the live action bits take place after Mario has retired from adventuring.
Moonlighting as a pro wrestler? That sounds accurate.

E3 sounds like a pretty far off time to expect to hear about our first DLC characters. I honestly wish they could of just told us who all the DLC characters will be instead of keeping it a big secret. óvò
They just don't want the leakers to hog the glory, while Sakurai is unhappy about his surprise gifts being opened early.

So, would you rather have KOS MOS or Lloyd Irving as a Namco character?
Kos-Mos, especially if Shion is involved in her FS (she's a cutie pie).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ikr like all the other fe dudes are hotties and then Corrin (and Robin to some extent) stick out like a sore thumb. Why can't we just have another pretty boy like Marth in Smash Sakurai
Robin sticks out, but in a good way imo. Did you saw his new render? We're going to need Holy Water to clean this thread after this.

D

Deleted member

No way they'll wait E3, half a year to show the first DLC.
It's either the TGA to sell people on the fighter pass, or first Direct of 2019 with the release date of Piranah Plant, who will be AT THE LATEST around 12 febuary.
Depends on when work started. Sakurai stated development could last up until 2020, and he didn't specify "early 2020", just " 2020".

Also, almost all of Nintendo's major DLC takes a ton of time to come out. BotW's Champion's Ballad took almost a year before it came, and Octo Expansion came almost a year later as well. Sakurai has also stated fighters and stages can take up to a whole year to develop, so I'm not holding my breath for news anytime soon, TBH.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's always Bayo 3 and Prime 4.

R..r...right b..br..bros?
I just hope TGA won't involve Sea of Thieves and a bunch of hooligans cheering whenever a host does so much as breathe.

Depends on when work started. Sakurai stated development could last up until 2020, and he didn't specify "early 2020", just " 2020".

Also, almost all of Nintendo's major DLC takes a ton of time to come out. BotW's Champion's Ballad took almost a year before it came, and Octo Expansion came almost a year later as well. Sakurai has also stated fighters and stages can take up to a whole year to develop, so I'm not holding my breath for news anytime soon, TBH.
That seems pretty fair. And let's recall that Splatoon 2 is still getting DLC at the moment, so we might get lucky about more DLC past the initial period.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Even the Banjo composer is sad

Also, when is that Minecraft thing

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wouldn't turn away Robin if I was a video game character. After all Chrom is his husband and Chrom looking like a whole snack.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
They just don't want the leakers to hog the glory, while Sakurai is unhappy about his surprise gifts being opened early.
They wouldn't have to worry about the leakers if all the DLC characters were revealed immediately instead. Also it would be nice to know what we're buying beforehand. And we wouldn't have to wait around to be happy or disappointed at the outcomes as well. Scary stuff!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I mean, Cooome ooon, of course a characters can take up a whole year to develop, but you're not going to believe that they haven't done work yet when Piranah Plant was already shown in a playable state and trailer a month before the game is out right? And we don't even know when the Direct was recorded.
Mewtwo was announced back in december for Wii U with JUST a render.
In April they released him alongside showing a Lucas in a pretty playable states.
And the DLC Files showing that Ryu and Roy would be DLC were already there in the 3DS update

Trust me. They probably have at least Piranha Plant and Fighter 1 in a playable state.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

VGA would be the perfect time to announce a DLC character but you know nintendo and how much they hate money so they probably wont say anything
Or, y'know

Nintendo makes other games besides Smash. Like Metroid Prime 4, a game that could really use a teaser at a big, upcoming event...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, depending on how Nintendo is going do the DLC I think it’s entirely possible that “marketing” would imply them marketing their own games.

In that mindset, and with Three Houses coming out in Spring 2019, we could see Piranha Plant coming out in February, with two months and Edelgard/Byleth coming out a few weeks prior to the release of the new game. At least, that would make sense.

I’m hoping there’s a crazy VGA announcement because that would be absolutely hype for the night before Smash comes out, and really I think that’s a huge missed opportunity for a huge character drop, but what do I know?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So... is :ultpichu: canonically the youngest playable Smash character in terms of age in their debut game?
You can only get one in GS by breeding Pikachu/Raichu... Meaning that he's probably not even a year old at that point..
So does that mean when you beat up Pichu, you're punching a baby?
He is a baby Pokemon after all
It knew the risks when it walked onto the battlefield. You reap what you sow, Pichu.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Simon is also hideous.

Bowser is a good dad, but I would not want to call him daddy.

Oh god I'll see myself out now.
I mean, speaking as a totally straight guy, I'd kill for Simon's muscle definition lol.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How is this hideous?
I will admit that Richter is more gorgeous but Simon ain’t bad at all.
He looks like he would speak solely in grunts, wear Drakkar Noir, and ruin your first date by trying to start a fire with some logs and a rock as a flint.

I mean, speaking as a totally straight guy, I'd kill for Simon's muscle definition lol.
Muscles don't mean nothing if you got a butterface, dude.

Not a damn thing.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Or, y'know

Nintendo makes other games besides Smash. Like Metroid Prime 4, a game that could really use a teaser at a big, upcoming event...

Nintendo usually has two announcements during the game awards...
Last year, we had the Champion's Ballad DLC, and Bayonetta 3...

I can very well see both a Smash DLC Character announcement, and a Metroid Prime 4 trailer

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
He looks like he would speak solely in grunts, wear Drakkar Noir, and ruin your first date by trying to start a fire with some logs and a rock as a flint.

Muscles don't mean nothing if you got a butterface, dude.

Not a damn thing.
Don't need to be handsome to be strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom