• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Okay, Incineroar?
Not looking... Not looking too hot.
Which is ironic because his navel's on fire constantly

D

Deleted member

I mean, Cooome ooon, of course a characters can take up a whole year to develop, but you're not going to believe that they haven't done work yet when Piranah Plant was already shown in a playable state and trailer a month before the game is out right? And we don't even know when the Direct was recorded.
Mewtwo was announced back in december for Wii U with JUST a render.
In April they released him alongside showing a Lucas in a pretty playable states.
And the DLC Files showing that Ryu and Roy would be DLC were already there in the 3DS update

Trust me. They probably have at least Piranha Plant and Fighter 1 in a playable state.
Not impossible, there's just nothing indicating how much work has been done, and Nintendo has a lot more to talk about than just Smash.

Spring reveal could happen, but that's the earliest I could see it TBH. Mewtwo was only announced the way he was because he was Smash 4's bonus, and Piranha Plant is nearly complete because in Sakurai's own words, "We got a head start on him". The rest of the DLC has only been just announced to have started development, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm personally not expecting anything anytime soon.

D

Deleted member

Robin sticks out, but in a good way imo. Did you saw his new render? We're going to need Holy Water to clean this thread after this.
Holy **** he's hot now

still gonna play female robin though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thankfully that's not how things work.
we don’t truly know that...like how we don’t truly know anything...plus I still want my damned Sonic rep
Pit, Bayo, (Kirby maybe...? ) are their canon selves and I find that funny.
Snake also
Hearing Roy and Marth with English voices makes me think like Cloud's the one random weirdo living in the Smash Mansion who won't stop speaking his native tongue and is too proud to let the others teach him English.

Or as it's really called they must not really wanna pay Steve Burton.
Cloud is a silly emo/edgy/weeby boy
So... is :ultpichu: canonically the youngest playable Smash character in terms of age in their debut game?
You can only get one in GS by breeding Pikachu/Raichu... Meaning that he's probably not even a year old at that point..
So does that mean when you beat up Pichu, you're punching a baby?
He is a baby Pokemon after all
Not like that’s a bad thing
Probably yes. :ultdarkpit: is also down there, he's like three (actually that explains a lot about his emotional maturity).
Even better to beat on him...and his emotions comes from his inferiority/mind games on Pit/cloniness/Gods
Simon is also hideous.

Bowser is a good dad, but I would not want to call him daddy.

Oh god I'll see myself out now.
No...you’ll call him Pimp Daddy Bowser
I wouldn't turn away Robin if I was a video game character. After all Chrom is his husband and Chrom looking like a whole snack.
But Lucina is his wife while Chrom is her husband...the Robins pimp out and tip scales

D

Deleted member

Nintendo usually has two announcements during the game awards...
Last year, we had the Champion's Ballad DLC, and Bayonetta 3...

I can very well see both a Smash DLC Character announcement, and a Metroid Prime 4 trailer
We could. But we could also have gameplay of Bayo 3 and a Prime 4 teaser. Or a combination of any of the huge amount of major games they have coming next year.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Or, y'know

Nintendo makes other games besides Smash. Like Metroid Prime 4, a game that could really use a teaser at a big, upcoming event...
It would be incredibly smart decision to announce the first of an extremely anticipated DLC release the day before Smash came out. People would buy the season pass day 1 out of excitement. Obviously other games have an audience, but Nintendo's big release right now is Smash Ultimate and Pokemon lets go

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Smash DLC gets announced at VGAs.

Samus and Bayonetta sit in the Smash Mansion clicking their fingers to the dinner table, anticipated sequels in development, but not a damn thing to do.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Castlevania hunks aside, Advent Children Cloud is the stuff of dreams.
28E826F4-8426-4F67-8108-8AAE5FA8402D.jpeg
Don’t @ me.

D

Deleted member

It would be incredibly smart decision to announce the first of an extremely anticipated DLC release the day before Smash came out. People would buy the season pass day 1 out of excitement. Obviously other games have an audience, but Nintendo's big release right now is Smash Ultimate and Pokemon lets go
Yes, it is, but they have other big releases for next year that need to be talked about as well.

Nintendo isn't (and shouldn't) be all Smash all the time. They're a big company with lots of major projects. Anyone who wanted to buy the season pass has already done so. People like me who are holding out are doing so because they want to see the full package, and seeing only 1 out of those 5 fighters probably won't sway many of those types IMO.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo, that's pretty sick.

I have to wonder why they didn't use this for any of the direct footage though.
It's less of a budget than the CG stuff, and it's more 2D and literally rips stuff out of the banner.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Smash DLC gets announced at VGAs.

Samus and Bayonetta sit in the Smash Mansion clicking their fingers to the dinner table, anticipated sequels in development, but not a damn thing to do.
Metro- what?
Metroid?
Don't you mean Metro Exodus?

Also Bayo-...OH! You mean Daytonna! :4pacman:

Not impossible, there's just nothing indicating how much work has been done, and Nintendo has a lot more to talk about than just Smash.

Spring reveal could happen, but that's the earliest I could see it TBH. Mewtwo was only announced the way he was because he was Smash 4's bonus, and Piranha Plant is nearly complete because in Sakurai's own words, "We got a head start on him". The rest of the DLC has only been just announced to have started development, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm personally not expecting anything anytime soon.
Nintendo have a lot more to talk than Smash, I totally agree, but the way they handle their release is "Don't disclose anything until it's near release" now, and the rare exception is E3 announcement to hype things up.
There a big chance that Metroid Prime 4 might be the "The" E3 2019 games, or Pokémon 2019 will be alongside Threehouse?
But believing that they probably don't have a head start on Piranha Plant and AT THE VERY LEAST fighter 1 is also being too innocent.
Vergeben Supposedly knew about Minecraft content since his original Leaks. If it's not Spirit it MIGHT be DLC to link with what Hitagi said.
The Square-Enix characters is 100% happening either first or second and I can vow for this.

To not except the DLC around the TGA is realistic and will probably happens, I bank on Metroid being shown there with another surprise.
But thinking they will keep the Characters until E3 is another deal that I'm sure won't happens.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
This is cool:

Both my main and future secondary main are in there so I’d give that video a 12/10.

On another note, Kirby can’t make a clean landing on his Warp Star to save his life.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is cool:

Okay. Pikmin accepting my girl as their leader in Olimar's absence? So adorable.

Bowser coming to roast Shulk for that time he was a bully to him in his reveal trailer.

I also had no idea I needed to see Pit and Ridley locked in a deadly sky battle.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
This is cool:

I dunno if this is the intro mainly because of the lack of music. Seriously, it feels weird without any. Although it is always possible that this IS the intro and they decided to take out the music for some weird reason.

Also this commercial just further shows how nutty this game is. Pit just casually pushing back at Ridley while Megaman chases after Charizard while Samus clashes with Shulk.

goddammit Nintendo just release a demo

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, would you rather have KOS MOS or Lloyd Irving as a Namco character?
This breaks my heart but I'd say KOS-MOS. She's more of an "impossible" choice to me and I love me some Xenosaga and have since I was in middle school. Plus I know a friend who has her as her most-wanted and while she'd be happy with Lloyd she'd probably explode if KOS-MOS were in. So, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom