• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Did Snake just ****ing gas the princesses or something?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Metro- what?
Metroid?
Don't you mean Metro Exodus?

Also Bayo-...OH! You mean Daytonna! :4pacman:

Nintendo have a lot more to talk than Smash, I totally agree, but the way they handle their release is "Don't disclose anything until it's near release" now, and the rare exception is E3 announcement to hype things up.
There a big chance that Metroid Prime 4 might be the "The" E3 2019 games, or Pokémon 2019 will be alongside Threehouse?
But believing that they probably don't have a head start on Piranha Plant and AT THE VERY LEAST fighter 1 is also being too innocent.
Vergeben Supposedly knew about Minecraft content since his original Leaks. If it's not Spirit it MIGHT be DLC to link with what Hitagi said.
The Square-Enix characters is 100% happening either first or second and I can vow for this.

To not except the DLC around the TGA is realistic and will probably happens, I bank on Metroid being shown there with another surprise.
But thinking they will keep the Characters until E3 is another deal that I'm sure won't happens.
I swear to God if Nintendo makes me wait until next year E3 to see more of Metroid Prime 4 or Three Houses...

Three Houses at least seems perfect for a February or March direct.

Important to mention Vergeben is VERY confident in the Square rep being first.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Also I saw we were discussing the relative hotness of the Belmonts and I'm just saying it's criminal we don't have SOTN alts for Richter.

d5fa6678233b4f48016d1fe27c0269d8.jpg

D

Deleted member

Nintendo have a lot more to talk than Smash, I totally agree, but the way they handle their release is "Don't disclose anything until it's near release" now, and the rare exception is E3 announcement to hype things up.
There a big chance that Metroid Prime 4 might be the "The" E3 2019 games, or Pokémon 2019 will be alongside Threehouse?
But believing that they probably don't have a head start on Piranha Plant and AT THE VERY LEAST fighter 1 is also being too innocent.
Vergeben Supposedly knew about Minecraft content since his original Leaks. If it's not Spirit it MIGHT be DLC to link with what Hitagi said.
The Square-Enix characters is 100% happening either first or second and I can vow for this.

To not except the DLC around the TGA is realistic and will probably happens, I bank on Metroid being shown there with another surprise.
But thinking they will keep the Characters until E3 is another deal that I'm sure won't happens.
I'm not saying they don't have the first character started. They probably do.

All I'm saying is that I'm not gonna jump the gun about who it is or when it's coming because nothing is set in stone yet. My E3 announcement prediction is kind of a "worst case scenario" deal. I'm not saying that's what will 100% happen, but I don't think it's unlikely, either.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Square Enix being such a hardass is really annoying, because it gets really tiresome seeing all these cool adverts and what not and Cloud's just...absent despite being one of the bigger third party catches.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also I saw we were discussing the relative hotness of the Belmonts and I'm just saying it's criminal we don't have SOTN alts for Richter.

View attachment 177257
DIE MONSTER, YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's probably not too bad. Their ftilt comes out frame 12 which isnt bad but isn't amazing
IT'S NOT THE FRAME DATA IT'S JUST NEGATING ANY PROJECTILE

And I thought Mega Man was always gonna lose against Game and Watch. Now he just loses to everyone I guess. Embarrass

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
It's criminal that Simon doesn't have his redhead alt, smh
Yeah, even though I prefer Conan Simon more it sucks that the Castlevania characters didn't get alt costumes like the recent third parties have.

At least they're not Pac-Man or Sonic level when it comes to colors however. ESPECIALLY Pac-Man.

D

Deleted member

It's criminal that Simon doesn't have his redhead alt, smh
Redhead Simon was a mistake that was fixed. It should be erased from humanity’s collective memory.
(looked alright in lords of shadow though)

Potato_

Smash Lord
Square Enix being such a hardass is really annoying, because it gets really tiresome seeing all these cool adverts and what not and he's just...absent despite being one of the bigger third party catches.
I just want to see Cloud and Link fighting in every commercial Square. Is that too much to ask?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I realize Simon is iconic but that boy needs to stop.

One second he's Heman's rejected cousin.

The next he's Marilyn Manson or that one rocker character from Chrono Cross you use to sneak into Viper Mansion.

Boy needs to find him a solid look and just learn to serve it, because can you say? Identity crisis.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Question; why is Steve so hated in Smash? Is minecraft really that bad?
I'm late to this, but my reason for not wanting Steve has nothing to do with popularity. He's ugly, has no personality, and not much to work with compared to other characters such as (fellow Microsoft rep) Banjo-Kazooie. And because we'd have to pay for him, that just makes it worse.

I'm not against anyone who wants him, but to me personally, he would feel like a waste of a slot (yes that argument can apply here since there's a limited amount of DLC), so I wouldn't buy him.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
We interrupt this broadcast to inform you that I have just seen a Crafted Yoshi alt and now I can die in peace

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So in the commercial, everybody is fighting for their lives and endlessly wrecking each other.

Untitled.png

But :ultgnw: is just getting his physical.

D

Deleted member

Unrelated but damn the official Discord twitter recognised Golden Sun today.

Anyway what's new?
With this and somebody at Microsoft mentioning Advance Wars, were probably gonna see like, Burger King talk about Custom Robo next.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He's ugly, has no personality, and not much to work with compared to other characters such as (fellow Microsoft rep) Banjo-Kazooie.
Do you want me to make a moveset or? Nobody's taken me up to it, I've been asking people and all they tell me is to make taunts or something.

And because we'd have to pay for him, that just makes it worse.
Really with the Season Pass you're only paying 1/5 of what you supposedly don't want, and you decided to waste actual dollars to buy them all separately. And we don't even know the full set of DLC.

but to me personally, he would feel like a waste of a slot (yes that argument can apply here since there's a limited amount of DLC), so I wouldn't buy him.
No, you can't. "Wasting a slot" doesn't mean anything here, he's not stealing anything. If he gets in, he has his own legitimate reasons and has gotten the right to get where he is if it happens. He's not wasting anybody's precious slot.

I know it's your opinion, but a better term would just be "not worth my moolah". And I don't mean that in a condescending way if he's not worth your 5 bucks he's just not worth it for you to invest in, that's a neutral understanding.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
IT'S NOT THE FRAME DATA IT'S JUST NEGATING ANY PROJECTILE

And I thought Mega Man was always gonna lose against Game and Watch. Now he just loses to everyone I guess. Embarrass
I wonder if his Charge Shot still ignores other projectiles. Either way, he should be fine.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Beyond it. Thanks for sharing.

This particular ad ends any crumbs of hope left from the Grinch leak.
Well, the Grinch leak killed itself on Nov. 1st, but 4 of the 6 remaining still have chances to be in Smash, no matter how small it might be. Still think Geno, Banjo and Chorus Kids still have decent chances

Iridium

Smash Hero
Zinith Zinith Here's look at Yoshi's new costume
Oh, osby osby posted that on his profile.

He's at work right now, so there's that.

Anyway, to me, I can easily see the difference between this and his original alt. I can understand those who looked at the colors, but it's possible to differentiate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom