• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait, I take it back. :ultgnw:'s heart sounds like a heart monitor.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://www.deviantart.com/professorfandango/art/Sticky-Fighters-1-70-772041602

This is cool, even on plain paper, Fandango's stuff looks good. I especially like how he took Greek lettering label to the fullest when numbering the Koopalings.

This is cool:

Donkey Punch! :b:

Also, everyone else does something stylish, cool, cute or funny, and Pac just hops. You keep being you, Pac.

I just want to see Cloud and Link fighting in every commercial Square. Is that too much to ask?
Apparently, because SE hates money now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really don't like how they made the victory themes shorter. Give us time to enjoy the kickass music and our victory, Sakurai.
You asked for it to be a faster game, and he delivered. Why must you always turn on him? :crying: The man's gone through a "first four years of Obama" transformation to please you, and yet you crave more! When will your Smash lust end?!

D

Deleted member

This is cool:

Can we stop the speculation for a second to once again appreciate how beautiful this game is? 'Cuz this game makes me choke up with Nintendo fanboy love and nostalgia.

Also, my girl Inkling with that March announcement reference. And Isabelle's cute little "Hi, I'm here too!" :love:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You can all shut up about Goku now

“It is impossible for manga characters to join (Super Smash Bros.).

While we can accept characters from other companies, we cannot, under any circumstances, take in anything and everything under the sky. That’s because (Super Smash Bros.) is a game that requires everyone’s cooperation.”

Now enough with the "But it's Sakurai, aaaaanything's possible" nonsense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That new commercial looks sick!

Also, I think I may have just found the greatest fanmade game ever made in Card Sagas Wars.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
can we all collectively agree that megaman is basically a nintendo character owned by another company? like man nintendo is giving him the all star treatment compared to the other third parties.
Nah they do with every third party character.

D

Deleted member

Final Destination, are you okay? You look... sick. *ba dum tss*
I like the look of this FD way more than Smash 4's but I'm not sure about the music. Brawl FD music is still my favorite.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

While we can accept characters from other companies, we cannot, under any circumstances, take in anything and everything under the sky. That’s because (Super Smash Bros.) is a game that requires everyone’s cooperation.”
Hello Idon, how was your trip to 2016?

Hey guys! The SmashBoards Fan Roster is done, and... oh boy.
View attachment 177260
Oh Boy.
Frickin' Sweet Lois.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

You know this is from 10 years ago cited, right?

Nothing changed since then. It's a licensing nightmare, like all non-game characters, and many game characters too.

Same situation. Sakurai never has said anything new about this "statement" in any way for 10 years now. Not that it means anything has changed, cause I highly doubt he changed his mind anyway. No reason to believe so.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

So there you go, let's not expect them to go full-on Bamco (which is a good thing, because their choices get really weird even by gaming standards sometimes).

That said, it's interesting that people tried pointlessly asking even before the 4 ballot.

That new commercial looks sick!

Also, I think I may have just found the greatest fanmade game ever made in Card Sagas Wars.
Unfortunately, the devs eventually gave up, so the roster won't change much, I'm afraid. :(

Also, Bomberman has even less screentime in that game.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like the look of this FD way more than Smash 4's but I'm not sure about the music. Brawl FD music is still my favorite.
Brawl FD music is everyone's favorite one, given they have good taste.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Do you want me to make a moveset or? Nobody's taken me up to it, I've been asking people and all they tell me is to make taunts or something.

Really with the Season Pass you're only paying 1/5 of what you supposedly don't want, and you decided to waste actual dollars to buy them all separately. And we don't even know the full set of DLC.

No, you can't. "Wasting a slot" doesn't mean anything here, he's not stealing anything. If he gets in, he has his own legitimate reasons and has gotten the right to get where he is if it happens. He's not wasting anybody's precious slot.

I know it's your opinion, but a better term would just be "not worth my moolah".
Sure, make a moveset for him. I'm actually quite curious to see what you come up with. And yes, I might as well just say he's "not worth my moolah" but the way I'd feel about him getting in would be "this could have been someone more interesting". Basically what I'm saying is if we're really getting characters like minecraft Steve, then I can just say I don't feel confident in buying the season pass because I want to get my money's worth, and minecraft in smash is not something I'd pay for. Especially when all the other characters insiders have mentioned don't appeal to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Really loving Link's new voice. It still fits.
Man, it looks like they buffed the distance of Olimar's F-Smash but nerfed the distance of his U-Smash.
also i'm still salty alph isn't an echo

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i just want to note that its SUPER easy to make a really good banjo and kazooie moveset, but nearly impossible to make one that's good for steve

trust me, i know

D

Deleted member

Now enough with the "But it's Sakurai, aaaaanything's possible" nonsense.
Cloud was honestly where speculation went off the rails. After that happened, the Smash fandom started going nuts with who was "obviously a lock now".

I mean, people should support who they want (Goku included), but it does get a little old when some parts of the fandom keep trying to insist and in some cases, try to shove down your throat why "'X' is totally a lock and you're dumb and closed minded if you don't agree with me! Sakurai is magic, he can snap his fingers and instantly develop 100 bazillion fighters and still have time for a SSE 2!"

D

Deleted member

Has anyone attempted to play as Duck Hunt in any play of the completed build?

D

Deleted member

Bruh.

I mean, I'd take Rex and Prya, Ryu Hayabusa, Sora, and Doomguy, but Bruh.
I mean like 20 out of the 35 characters that we added are good picks
I'm too lazy to list which ones but most of them are lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom