• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You can all shut up about Goku now

“It is impossible for manga characters to join (Super Smash Bros.).

While we can accept characters from other companies, we cannot, under any circumstances, take in anything and everything under the sky. That’s because (Super Smash Bros.) is a game that requires everyone’s cooperation.”

Now enough with the "But it's Sakurai, aaaaanything's possible" nonsense.
this confirms it
i can't wait for goku to enter smash :denzel:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
You can all shut up about Goku now

“It is impossible for manga characters to join (Super Smash Bros.).

While we can accept characters from other companies, we cannot, under any circumstances, take in anything and everything under the sky. That’s because (Super Smash Bros.) is a game that requires everyone’s cooperation.”

Now enough with the "But it's Sakurai, aaaaanything's possible" nonsense.
I can't wait for Goku.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Cloud was honestly where speculation went off the rails. After that happened, the Smash fandom started going nuts with who was "obviously a lock now".

I mean, people should support who they want (Goku included), but it does get a little old when some parts of the fandom keep trying to insist and in some cases, try to shove down your throat why "'X' is totally a lock and you're dumb and closed minded if you don't agree with me! Sakurai is magic, he can snap his fingers and instantly develop 100 bazillion fighters and still have time for a SSE 2!"
I mean, I don't see people arguing manga characters are locks in any way. People do it for first parties and some third parties in my experience.

Also the article is a bit misleading at first glance considering that quote is from an interview 10 years ago. I doubt Sakurai's changed his mindset much but it's still important to keep that in mind.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, the Grinch leak killed itself on Nov. 1st, but 4 of the 6 remaining still have chances to be in Smash, no matter how small it might be. Still think Geno, Banjo and Chorus Kids still have decent chances
That's why I say this ad wiped every last hope of any of those.
Why? Well this is not an ad you make on a day and night. This ad was thought through very well and defintely was made waaay back. means, all characters were realized and ready, and I mean ALL of them. So there's no Chorus, no Banjo, no Geno and no Mach.
Now if you say DLC, they've been just approved and selected by Nintendo. I don't think Nintendo will go for any of those.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I can't help but wonder something. What if the insiders genuinely believed they managed to get crucial info, but end up being bamboozled themselves by Nintendo revealing the actual info in the end?

I mean like 20 out of the 35 characters that we added are good picks
I'm too lazy to list which ones but most of them are lol
Yes, but Rottytops without Shantae is just plain wrong.

Yeah, have his Entrance be dying instantly due to hunger and you're already done
No, that would be best saved for Master Higgins.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's also a Fire Man remix in Ultimate. You can hear it in a Spirit Battle with a Red/White Mega Man who spams Down-Smash to act like Fire Man.

D

Deleted member

So, Card Sagas Wars is a really freaking amazing fan made game.

Might not be on topic lol, but it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
i just want to note that its SUPER easy to make a really good banjo and kazooie moveset, but nearly impossible to make one that's good for steve

trust me, i know
A lot of people would have said the same for Geno and Piranha Plant, but that didn't mean always mean that Geno was the more likely of the two, now did it?

"Moveset potential" is fine to use a pro for a character and I think it's fair to say that Banjo could easily be very unique, but I don't think it should be held against them except in the most extreme cases such as Goomba. We're talking about a director who made movesets for a plastic toy, a dog with a duck on its back, a boxer who does nothing except punch, a fitness trainer, and a Piranha Plant. Let's be honest, Sakurai's far more creative then most character detractors are.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gotta day, despite the fact that i’m disappointed that’s Rex might not end up playable, and that Isaac is only an AT, I just remembered.

We’re 26 days from this game being out, and that amazing commercial just reignited my hype.

I’ve got a 4 day week, a 3 day week, a full week, and then a 4 day week because i’m taking off for Smash the day it comes out.

It just seems totally unreal that this game is out within 30 days. For me, this will be the best Smash ever, and probably my Smash for the foreseeable future. I don’t have much reason to go back to Wii U (will probably trade it in for a guide for Ultimate just because), Brawl or Melee aside from nostalgia. Watching the gameplay just shows me how much love and attention to detail was put into it. While I may not agree with Steve ir Katalina as DLC characters, I can’t act as if my dreams haven’t already come true with this game.

Sure, Rex would be the cherry on top of the cherry already on top. But the Smash Sundae I already have is like, 3 million helpings too much. I got Ridley and K.Rool, two characters I was convinced were going to be passed over. I’ve been introduced to Castlevania, a series i’ve never played but will have to in order to maintain my record if “has played every series with a playable character in Smash”. I got my Brawl main back, and kept every character that has already shaped me as a gamer.

This game is just too cool.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's not a ton of Mega Man footage, but one match had him and a Marth Player end in a sudden Deathmatch at least. It's hard to say what else changed for him due to that though.

But Air-Dodging Up after Rush Coil seems pretty good at least.

D

Deleted member

Geez, Namco has a lot of possibilities. We've heard:
Lloyd Irving
KOS-MOS
Don-Chan
Digimon
and Klonoa.
wait
someone's missing
oh yeah
PATRA FOR SMASH BOIIIII

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
At least those characters are single reps from unrepresented franchises.
Mario did not need yet another character.

I'd argue that he's a D-lister.
Just got up and this is funny because Mario is perhaps the most iconic franchise of all time and actually has 8 characters excluding PP who isn't out yet...don't know why this is such an issue lol

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
4: Not sure how having female options make them more acceptable when you seem to be pretty against them otherwise, but okay.

...And I guess that's about all I have to say. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, so I hope I didn't come off as such.
Because I'm a trans girl and have a distinct preference for playing as female characters.

Nah, your fine. Everyone has their own opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom