• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is stating the obvious but Sakurai seems to have reminded everyone which characters won't be making it in according to GoNintendo

https://gonintendo.com/stories/3224...at-manga-characters-will-not-be-allowed-in-th

EDIT: Turns out this is a 10 year old source
And the same reasoning behind it, it's just too much licensing issues. Just like with any non-game character. And some too, which is why a DQ character isn't all that likely to begin with. Well, maybe if there's little music like Final Fantasy? But even then...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait.....

How old is Ike?

A gay man needs to know these things.....for reasons.
As far as the Smash Fire Emblem cast is concerned...

:ultmarth: - 14 in the Shadow Dragon prologue, 16 in the main portion of Shadow Dragon, 18 at the start of New Mystery of the Emblem, and 19 at the end of it.
:ultroy: - 15
:ultike: - 17 in Path of Radiance, 20 in Radiant Dawn
:ultchrom: - 19 pre-timeskip, 21 post-timeskip
:ultrobin: - Not specified, but presumably around Chrom's age
:ultlucina: - Not specified, but Bad Future version is around pre-timeskip Chrom's age, but the main timeline version is an infant
:ultcorrin: - Not specified, to my knowledge

And for Assists...

Lyn - 15 in Japan, 18 elsewhere
Tiki - 1,000 in Shadow Dragon, 3,000 in Awakening
Black Knight - Not specified

D

Deleted member

As far as the Smash Fire Emblem cast is concerned...

:ultmarth: - 14 in the Shadow Dragon prologue, 16 in the main portion of Shadow Dragon, 18 at the start of New Mystery of the Emblem, and 19 at the end of it.
:ultroy: - 15
:ultike: - 17 in Path of Radiance, 20 in Radiant Dawn
:ultchrom: - 19 pre-timeskip, 21 post-timeskip
:ultrobin: - Not specified, but presumably around Chrom's age
:ultlucina: - Not specified, but Bad Future version is around pre-timeskip Chrom's age, but the main timeline version is an infant
:ultcorrin: - Not specified, to my knowledge

And for Assists...

Lyn - 15 in Japan, 18 elsewhere
Tiki - 1,000 in Shadow Dragon, 3,000 in Awakening
Black Knight - Not specified
But how old are my favorite Fire Emblem characters, :ultshulk: and :ultcloud:? They've got swords, so they must be from Fire Emblem.

D

Deleted member

Not much to do before Tuesday, which is when they'll talk about TGA nominees, might give us something to discuss then.

Rash from Battletoads, too, although he's not gonna be on the radar of fans that much before the 2019 'Toads game, unless Sakurai somehow managed to sneak him in.
If Rash does get in, I hope they make a reference to KI in his trailer.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... is :ultpichu: canonically the youngest playable Smash character in terms of age in their debut game?
You can only get one in GS by breeding Pikachu/Raichu... Meaning that he's probably not even a year old at that point..
So does that mean when you beat up Pichu, you're punching a baby?
He is a baby Pokemon after all

Last edited:

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Sakurai say around E3 something akin to how hard getting the rights was for the content in Ultimate?
yeah, he also said that ultimate was the only time he could get every character to be in the same game
so if we were to have a next game after ultimate, there will be cuts

Iridium

Smash Hero
So... is :ultpichu: canonically the youngest playable Smash character in terms of age in their debut game?
You can only get one in GS by breeding Pikachu/Raichu...
So...how old would :ultpiranha: be?

D

Deleted member

So, how are people feeling about a VGA announcement? For me personally, I'm leaning towards a no show for Smash. I personally think E3 or around then is where we'll hear about our first DLC challenger.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You can only get one in GS by breeding Pikachu/Raichu... Meaning that he's probably not even a year old a that point..
Probably yes. :ultdarkpit: is also down there, he's like three (actually that explains a lot about his emotional maturity).

For oldest character... :ultbayonetta:? :ultpalutena: or :ultrosalina:? :ultganondorf:?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Didn't Sakurai say around E3 something akin to how hard getting the rights was for the content in Ultimate?
The guy had to twist some arms, after all. In SE's case it must have practically have been a full-on puroresu match.

Wario's Mario's age, Think about that for a bit.
The guy always had his garlic nose, even as a kid.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You can only get one in GS by breeding Pikachu/Raichu... Meaning that he's probably not even a year old at that point..
Or he could be a very old Pichu that just doesn't want to evolve.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, how are people feeling about a VGA announcement? For me personally, I'm leaning towards a no show for Smash. I personally think E3 or around then is where we'll hear about our first DLC challenger.
I'm 50/50 on it to be honest,
If not there, then probably an announcement before February, as we don't know when :ultpiranha: is actually set to release

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
When is the next E3, anyway?

What do yall think about King Boo possibly being a DLC character?
Cautiously optimistic. Luigi's Mansion 3 is right around the corner, so it'd be a good opportunity.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Or he could be a very old Pichu that just doesn't want to evolve.
Goddamn how unhappy must the little guy be?
I mean you don't think I didn't already know this? There's a reason I picked le gay one. ~~~
I mean, Corrin is bi and has no canon partner so idk

Inb4 I cause a ****storm with these facts again

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
D

Deleted member

This is why I doubt the theories going around that every fighter in the season pass is 3rd party. Those deals aren't easy to work out, and we already have quite a lot of 3rd party content. I personally just don't feel we'll get that much more.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Corrin is just not aesthetically pleasing as a male character what so ever.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ACHKTUALLY a Pichu only evolves through friendship/love. Therefore, there's probably some lonely middle-aged Pichus out there.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
This is so strange, Mario is always like 40-55 in my mind from his old western media "80s/90s" mario stuff where he was some old plumber guy... I'll never shake that and think of him as a 20 something.
Clearly the live action bits take place after Mario has retired from adventuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom