• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
DnF9pBLVYAAII-V.png

Another wholesome pic to calm things down.

In order to lighten the mood a bit, heres a drawing of the best new girls in Smash. Credits to 3D ROD
Needs more Dark Samus though

Jk the roster is fine no matter what. At least we're getting some new girls to join the roster....wait there's Leaf we're missing
To be fair, the composition is done in a way to emphasize a Russian doll-type pattern of ladies hugging progressively smaller ones. I particularly love this piece (that aspect being one of the reasons why), I got it saved on my comp.

Saturday Night Live, folks! Enjoy the popcorn while we're at it

But seriously, can we take a break from the DLC discussion and start discussing something better like idk....the tournament mode? Or Spirit mode?
Yeah...and I thought the Shantae and Lip threads were the most dramatic ones.

On the topic of Spirits, I wonder if it's possible to retrieve copies of Spirits that you chuck away into the real world.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay but what if it's Dig-Dug?
It had a pretty strong presence in Smash 4 through Pac-Man, and is a classic game in its own right.

Untouch

Smash Master
It had a pretty strong presence in Smash 4 through Pac-Man, and is a classic game in its own right.
I don't think Namco is really doing anything with the IP, feels odd they'd promote it over other IPs like SC or Tekken.

D

Deleted member

I don't need to take a break.
I don't get upset for long, five minutes later and it's back to happy town.
Happens to me a lot too.
I am positive towards a lot of things after seeing many of my favourite franchises returning, and a long track of positive stuff happening to me.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Want me to just blow my head off while I'm at it? Because these last few days have been abysmal for me. My own mother told me "I'm going to kill you" after I dared to raise my voice at her, all the damn drama here, the stress at trying to get all my school work done, all the stress and anger that's been building up inside me for years, I'm lucky I haven't cut myself yet. I should feel ashamed because nobody deserves this except me.

You don't have to believe this post, I wouldn't ****ING blame you. After all the **** I did these past few days, nobody probably would, but just let this be known: despite literally everything that has happened, I love every single one of you like Family, and would hate to lose you ALL.

I'm going take a break for a few days and come back, maybe then things will be alright.
Take care friend. And stay safe!

Sorry to hear life is rough. Hope that things are better when you come back. Take all the time you need.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Characters like Taizo Hori (Dig-Dug protagonist) and Bub & Bob and Frogger are actually some of most wanted characters, just because they actually celebrate the history of video games. I'd be super stoked.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey, guys?
Remember what Graizen said?
Yeah, uh.
I logged into his reddit account with his permission. (Albeit, hesitantly.)

I checked to make sure this was the real deal too.

He wasn't ****ting. Hitagi really did say this.
Granted, I don't know if Hitagi was right, but Graizen actually did tell the truth.
I don't get why Hitagi would tell him but not everyone else.
Graizen was innocent about this, though.
Well I'll be damned.

Doesn't fix any of the other problems I have with him though.

Guess we can add a Bandai Namco Rep that isn't Agumon to the leaked characters list.

QUICK! Everyone act surprised!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know, something I was expecting to find from my latest poll was something related to how people treated fan ideas for Smash or characters they weren't familiar with, or whatever else goes into Smash Bros talk on the internet. For whatever reason, I for one am quite critical of some Smash Bros users on forums when I take with other enthusiasts in my immediate area. Not necessarily anybody here, but when they mention something they see on Reddit or GameFAQS, it can be hard to remember that the people who post some things we don't like are indeed still people.

Smash is one of the most hotly contested topics like...ever, for whatever reason. It seems like Smash is the "holy grail" of Nintendo content, and if you make it into Smash you're immortalized. When the conversation becomes, "X character is getting in" and then somebody else says, "That's a trash pick" or "That character sucks" it definitely will piss somebody off or upset somebody. It's way easier to say what you think without considering the feelings of somebody else, but I think sometimes everybody has to take a step back and realize we're all fans, we all have different interests, but we all should still at least try to treat each other with some sort of respect.

D

Deleted member

Alright, you guys get two more wholesome images from me:

DrT0fAIUUAAF0XS.jpeg

12zr6exhi3w11.jpg

Now, let's stay calm, cool, and collected. It's just a game guys, there's no need to get at each other's throats over it.

NineS

Smash Lord
Yeah it's exactly like that. Nothing we can do about it now, I suspect Graizen will come back eventually.
Grazien told me he's taking a break from the boards for a bit to relax. The reactions he received by trying to tell everyone in the first place kind of overwhelmed him and he came me to help clear his name.
Admittedly, I was skeptical and hesitant at first.

He's appreciative of everyone's apologies though, but he's still going to take a break regardless. He hadn't said how long.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
And that is why we shouldn't be going at Graizen like we did. Because we never know what's going on outside of the screen.
I apologize for what your mother said to you. That's unacceptable. And I apologize for how you must be feeling after what's happening in this thread.

I think a break would be good for you. You should check out the roleplaying threads on these Boards.

We often bicker and all that, but there's a reason I haven't muted you Jacob. So, if you need to talk, please remember I'll always separate what somebody says about Smash on here, from who they actually are. You can PM me if you need to.

Stay safe.
I think we all need to take a sec and just remind ourselves to be excellent to one another.

and get back to our regularly scheduled program of ****posting

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think a break for many users here is not a bad idea just to calm things down...

Not me though, my patience is imfamous...
Like I said a while ago (and I mean a while ago).

Don't be afraid to take a break from the boards, it's not going anywhere and you are under no obligation to read every page.
Not even a Digimon fan and I think a Smash character would be cool.

I'd be down for it.
If they can implement even one stage of evolution into Agumon's moveset, then he'd be a very unique fighter.

A fighter who can temporarily turn into a much stronger form as part of their base moveset is not something we've had yet.

No. :zeldamelee: >:sheikmelee: doesn't count.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Not even a Digimon fan and I think a Smash character would be cool.

I'd be down for it.
I would be fine with Augmon in Smash. Not my personal 1st choice for Bandai (you all can figure out who that is by now), but he's actually pretty high up on my Bandai characters list.

I don't need to take a break.
I don't get upset for long, five minutes later and it's back to happy town.
You really are a diamond in the rough buddy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When it comes to this Namco pick talk, reminder that MysticDistance seemed to believe that Lloyd was being heavily considered for DLC. Sure, some of the other "leaked" information seemed to not pan out, but not everything everyone says needs to be thrown out entirely.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
i don't know if i've brought this up, but the way sakurai talked about the fighter pass and the fact he basically pushed the blame onto nintendo... irks me. its telling me that sakurai is having mixed thoughts on the newcomers that are going to be there. that's part of why i'm so pessimistic about the dlc, because sakurai himself doesn't seem to like it either
What are the odds that he'll offer to make another set under his own direction? Do you think he would oblige to add characters who missed the cut like Rex?
GAME
You have 2 DLC characters to choose from this image for Smash, one from Namco Bandai and one from Square Enix.
What are your choices?

View attachment 177069
I've been in this thread before, but never had time to respond to two Anons who responded toward Wargreymon.

Assuming you want us to choose from the selection itself, my Square-Enix choices are once again:
-Geno, for his passionate fanbase
-2B, because she's cool

As for Namco, I'd choose:
-Lloyd, for a couple of friends who like him a lot
-Agumon, assuming he can digivolve as a mechanic. Originally, the idea was to have Wargreymon over instead, but I got a response saying that Agumon can shift between Greymon and Wargreymon. I forgot the exact specifics, but it's a very nifty idea imo

If we're allowed to choose whoever and the characters are just examples of who we can choose, then my Square-Enix choices stay the same. Keep Lloyd and replace Agumon with KOS-MOS.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was going moreso for the "Had legit info, was mocked off the site"
Still a bit hyperbolic. Mocking isn't cool, but the most adverse reactions and the exit came when people just challenged his claims. No one chased Graizen out of here, and plenty of people implored him to stay, or at least were supportive. Go back 10 pages and check.

Also NyaseNya didn't leave after his claims.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Does Bandai Namco even fully own the rights to Digimon or is it something like DBZ where they own the game publishing rights?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
When it comes to this Namco pick talk, reminder that MysticDistance seemed to believe that Lloyd was being heavily considered for DLC. Sure, some of the other "leaked" information seemed to not pan out, but not everything everyone says needs to be thrown out entirely.
Yeah I do honestly think it'll be Lloyd. IF there's a Namco pick.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Personally I suggest you go on another date and let us know how it went to calm us down
Ooh ooh ooh I (kinda) went on a date last week!

It was horrible. We went to a homecoming dance and I went with her friends.

I hung out with her friends more than I did with her because she pretty much ignored me the whole night.

Like, even if it wasn't a date it was just bad.

feelsbadman.tpc

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think Namco is really doing anything with the IP, feels odd they'd promote it over other IPs like SC or Tekken.
On that note, let's see...

Lloyd's franchise is still going, although his window of opportunity for Smash is steadily closing.
Ms. Pac-Man's iconic game still sticks around.
Heihachi has Tekken still going, though whether Ishizuka's passing affects anything is uncertain.
Seigfried/Nightmare has Soul Calibur being in a do-or-die situation.
Agumon has Digimon, which is getting good games on a frequent basis right now and has Survive coming.
Klonoa, while the least likely of the lot, does have a movie deal in the cards.

As far as I can see, it may be either of the above. Although given what happened, Agumon's down, so this leaves 5.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ooh ooh ooh I (kinda) went on a date last week!

It was horrible. We went to a homecoming dance and I went with her friends.

I hung out with her friends more than I did with her because she pretty much ignored me the whole knight.

feelsbadman.jpg
TPC: You've got the keys to my heart
Girl: ???
TPC:
TPC: Nevermind I'm going home

For real though? That ****ing sucks TPC. Dude like you deserves a Quality Lady. Hang in there bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom